Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster

Transformers News: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster

Friday, May 3rd, 2013 12:50AM CDT

Categories: Reviews, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,148

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member chuckdawg1999 has posted a review of the recently released Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster. Check out his review embedded below:

I wasn't sure how I would feel at first about this set as triple changing gimmicks don't work well at this scale, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoy how Blazemaster interacts with Bumblebee who is an excellent figure on its own. If you get the chance do pick the set up.

Credit(s): chuckdawg1999
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484156)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 3rd, 2013 @ 1:33am CDT
I reaally hope they redeco this into Hotshot and Jolt.
Also the minicon isn't so much an homage to Jolt as it is to the Micromaster Blazemaster
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484217)
Posted by Janus Prime on May 3rd, 2013 @ 11:31am CDT
I guess I like it, I´ll get him and Prime anyway since they´re meant to be played with Metroplex... I mean, displayed...
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484235)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 3rd, 2013 @ 1:11pm CDT
Janus Prime wrote:I guess I like it, I´ll get him and Prime anyway since they´re meant to be played with Metroplex... I mean, displayed...


About to bust out Prime so I'll let you know
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484255)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 3rd, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
Janus Prime wrote:I guess I like it, I´ll get him and Prime anyway since they´re meant to be played with Metroplex... I mean, displayed...


That, and the targetmaster micromaster guys, are the appeal for me. Scamper needs some buddies.

As for the upcoming Megatron and Starscream mentioned in the review, I think they're separate figures, rather than a set, given the press release was worded ("wave one Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, wave two Megatron and Starscream", basically), which means they'll likely each come with their own as-yet-unnamed little triplechanger targetmaster buddy.
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484274)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 3rd, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:I guess I like it, I´ll get him and Prime anyway since they´re meant to be played with Metroplex... I mean, displayed...


That, and the targetmaster micromaster guys, are the appeal for me. Scamper needs some buddies.

As for the upcoming Megatron and Starscream mentioned in the review, I think they're separate figures, rather than a set, given the press release was worded ("wave one Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, wave two Megatron and Starscream", basically), which means they'll likely each come with their own as-yet-unnamed little triplechanger targetmaster buddy.


Maybe Starscream will come with Megatron and we will have double Megatron awesomeness?
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484281)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 3rd, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:I guess I like it, I´ll get him and Prime anyway since they´re meant to be played with Metroplex... I mean, displayed...


That, and the targetmaster micromaster guys, are the appeal for me. Scamper needs some buddies.

As for the upcoming Megatron and Starscream mentioned in the review, I think they're separate figures, rather than a set, given the press release was worded ("wave one Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, wave two Megatron and Starscream", basically), which means they'll likely each come with their own as-yet-unnamed little triplechanger targetmaster buddy.


Maybe Starscream will come with Megatron and we will have double Megatron awesomeness?


Maybe, but I doubt it. Hasbro seems to hold back more with Megatrons than they do with Optimuses and Bumblebees.
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484310)
Posted by Janus Prime on May 3rd, 2013 @ 7:49pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:I guess I like it, I´ll get him and Prime anyway since they´re meant to be played with Metroplex... I mean, displayed...


About to bust out Prime so I'll let you know



Awesome!
The Hasbro guys said, and we can kind of see it in pictures, that Metroplexes head transforms into a turret, I think that´s a special sit for Prime, mirroring the events of the FOC videogame.
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484323)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 3rd, 2013 @ 9:07pm CDT
Wait, they're making equally-scaled Megatron and Starscream (possibly with Targetmaster sidekicks as well) figures? :shock:

Janus Prime wrote:Awesome!
The Hasbro guys said, and we can kind of see it in pictures, that Metroplexes head transforms into a turret, I think that´s a special sit for Prime, mirroring the events of the FOC videogame.


Are you talking about this?

Image
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484338)
Posted by zatara1701 on May 3rd, 2013 @ 11:40pm CDT
Ok I was SOOooooo looking forward to this, but there is ONE thing I got to ask...

The size was mentioned a dozen times, but where is the size comparison to another figure??

Hmmmm, i wanna just go ahead and buy them off Amazon, but I kinda wanted a reference.
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484377)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 4th, 2013 @ 5:54am CDT
zatara1701 wrote:
The size was mentioned a dozen times, but where is the size comparison to another figure??


They're in between Legion- and Commander-class.
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484543)
Posted by zatara1701 on May 5th, 2013 @ 12:48am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
zatara1701 wrote:
The size was mentioned a dozen times, but where is the size comparison to another figure??


They're in between Legion- and Commander-class.



LOL I get the "description," :BANG_HEAD: but as any TF collector knows there are some variation in all the so called class sizes :HEADHURTS:

As I said, we HEARD a size comparison, which was confusing and vague, SOOOOoo why didn't we just bust out a figure we all have and/or familiar with and stand it next to him...Same for the Optimus review.

Don't get me wrong, great reviews overall, made me decided to order them, BUT I would've liked to see a side by side size comparison shown, ESPECIALLY since despite being called Legends class, it sounds like Hasbro seems to be reinventing the wheel a bit lol. 8-}
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484556)
Posted by Bowspearer on May 5th, 2013 @ 4:50am CDT
I'm posting this in both review threads, because it applies to both reviews.

Ok seriously, how can any transfan worth their salt and doing a Targetmaster review, miss the vehicle mode Targetmaster hardpoint? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Video Review: Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1484609)
Posted by Janus Prime on May 5th, 2013 @ 11:19am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Wait, they're making equally-scaled Megatron and Starscream (possibly with Targetmaster sidekicks as well) figures? :shock:

Janus Prime wrote:Awesome!
The Hasbro guys said, and we can kind of see it in pictures, that Metroplexes head transforms into a turret, I think that´s a special sit for Prime, mirroring the events of the FOC videogame.


Are you talking about this?

Image


That´s exactly what I´m talking about. Hasbro calls it FOC Metroplex but it´s obvious he´s G1 Metroplex, so the head thing could be a way to make it more like FOC.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014