Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing

Thursday, November 14th, 2013 1:29PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,232

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Popular toy reviewer peaugh has now uploaded reviews for Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing. These two are redeco/remolds of the previously released IDW style Bumblebee and Megatron respectively. Check out the reviews embedded below.


Credit(s): peaugh
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529751)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CST
Hot damn these are cool. Im getting all of this wave. Im in love with the colors of these recent generations guys
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529752)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CST
That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529754)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?


You should at least consider Dreadwing if:

1) You're into G2 at all
2) Have other G2-based figures, like GDO Powerdive, RtS Laser Prime, or the Ultimate Gift Set with Prime and Jazz
3) HasTak releases his partner Smokescreen (like that will ever happen)
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529760)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?

You can sell your G2 Dreadwing...
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529781)
Posted by Rated X on November 14th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?



How about the fact that it only costs 15 bucks ? Treat yourself.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529786)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 14th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CST
Rated X wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?



How about the fact that it only costs 15 bucks ? Treat yourself.

Never thought I'd see the day where you were advocating to buy a Hasbro product ;)

I wish these were all a tad larger. I agree that especially in alt mode, the Autobot sizes over the last 5 years or so are woefully incoherent.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529812)
Posted by Rated X on November 14th, 2013 @ 7:05pm CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Rated X wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?



How about the fact that it only costs 15 bucks ? Treat yourself.

Never thought I'd see the day where you were advocating to buy a Hasbro product ;)

I wish these were all a tad larger. I agree that especially in alt mode, the Autobot sizes over the last 5 years or so are woefully incoherent.



I never said I dont buy Hasbro stuff. Im just not loyal to any one company. I buy from them all and disregard the ethics and politics behind the concept of IP. :D
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529824)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 9:44pm CST
Rated X wrote:I never said I dont buy Hasbro stuff. Im just not loyal to any one company. I buy from them all and disregard the ethics and politics behind the concept of IP. :D

!!! :shock: !!!

I think this is one of the most honest things you've ever said - well done! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529848)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 15th, 2013 @ 12:29am CST
Rated X wrote:
Im just not loyal to any one company. I buy from them all and disregard the ethics and politics behind the concept of IP. :D

Cheers man, I feel the same way ;)^

Thanks for the good reasons from everyone to buy it, and yes, I think I shall. Though I will probably unseal it really carefully, fool around with it for a while, and then reseal it and stick on the wall. I like and prefer my G2 dreadwing too much more to replace him, and I do have RTS prime also sealed on my wall. And for 15 bucks, no kidding, sounds worth it to me. That head sculpt is awesome, and the colour scheme.. hell there isn't really anything I don't like other than the size.

(slight side note, toys'r'us in Vancouver BC has voyagers for 15 bucks, just picked up a second Springer :grin: Check it out, fellow Canadians!)
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529849)
Posted by TimothyR on November 15th, 2013 @ 12:31am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmmm, not interested in Skids, I would prefer something a bit more G1, doesn't have to be slavishly so. Anyhow I guess for now I am stick with Binaltech Skids. At least he looks a bit more like his old self.



shockblast2 wrote:"You know damn well that Generations/IDWverse is the new classics"


LOL....no its not. That line is dead and this guy taking a pic next to the dead line proves it. That skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids, save the colors. Neither did IDW Hoist or Trailbreaker. To complete your "CHUG" collection you are going to have to either custom your own figures or go 3pt.


these are supposed to be updates of G1 figures.. at least that's how it seems in the comics.. they seem like different takes on classic characters.. i'm not sure how much more G1 this could be without being slavishly G1.. their vehicle mode is fairly similar.. updated of course because it isn't the 80's anymore. his chest is still the front of the car, he still has his door wings.. and like you said, the colors are pretty damn close.. i don't see how you can say that skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids.. you really have to be blind or just in denial. as for binaltech skids compared to the new one.. i think they're both equally similar to G1 skids and different from G1 skids.





hoist and trailbreaker looked nothing like their G1 counterparts either? .. really? you are aware that these are supposed to be updates.. this isn't the masterpiece line.. i'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. hell.. if you're completing your classics collection with custom figures, they're going to be just as inaccurate to the G1 originals as these are. every single classic/universe/rts/generations/henkei/united figure, from the beginning are, like i said before, UPDATES of classic designs.. they're not supposed to be faithful representations of what we got in G1. it's not like these are movie toys that are trying to be passed off as classic updates.

i think where the confusion here is that some people thing that classics means the toys are supposed to be ripped right from the cartoon or the original toys.. that isn't the case, and it hasn't been the case from the beginning.

i'm sorry for being repetitive.. but i just want the point to sink home a little.

and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.

just my 2 cents.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529854)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 15th, 2013 @ 2:11am CST
TimothyR wrote:
and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.


So hang on, is it alright to have an opinion or not? Just asking because someone could easily read this and opine that you are a fascist dick.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529873)
Posted by xyl360 on November 15th, 2013 @ 6:46am CST
I broke one of my most sacred rules. I watched a Peaugh review :P. I couldn't help myself, it was just to tempting to finally get a real look at Waspinator. I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. Aside from minor issues with a few missing paint apps plus the fact that his wings can't be deployed Seeker style on his back as he most commonly wore them in the show in bot mode, he looks pretty much spot on. I cannot wait to get both versions of him in hand.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529877)
Posted by megatronus on November 15th, 2013 @ 7:19am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.


So hang on, is it alright to have an opinion or not? Just asking because someone could easily read this and opine that you are a fascist dick.

"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

All he's saying is that to say that "Classics is dead" isn't a mere opinion, but rather an assertion based on a patent falsehood. That's his point.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529899)
Posted by Flux Convoy on November 15th, 2013 @ 8:37am CST
FUCK YEAH NEW CLASSICS TOYS!
:BOT:
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529919)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 15th, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
megatronus wrote:
"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

Probably. :saint:
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529922)
Posted by megatronus on November 15th, 2013 @ 10:29am CST
Banjo-Tron wrote:
megatronus wrote:
"Fascist Dick" is a little much, no?

Probably. :saint:

:lol:
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1529926)
Posted by EagleTron on November 15th, 2013 @ 10:32am CST
That Waspinator is one of the best deluxes that they have seen all year. I just might pick him up if I see him at retail on sale and i got a couole of extra bucks. And it seems like the Decepticons are out numbering the Autobots in good figure/molds. All the good toys are mostly bad guys.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1530000)
Posted by Rated X on November 15th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CST
TimothyR wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmmm, not interested in Skids, I would prefer something a bit more G1, doesn't have to be slavishly so. Anyhow I guess for now I am stick with Binaltech Skids. At least he looks a bit more like his old self.



shockblast2 wrote:"You know damn well that Generations/IDWverse is the new classics"


LOL....no its not. That line is dead and this guy taking a pic next to the dead line proves it. That skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids, save the colors. Neither did IDW Hoist or Trailbreaker. To complete your "CHUG" collection you are going to have to either custom your own figures or go 3pt.


these are supposed to be updates of G1 figures.. at least that's how it seems in the comics.. they seem like different takes on classic characters.. i'm not sure how much more G1 this could be without being slavishly G1.. their vehicle mode is fairly similar.. updated of course because it isn't the 80's anymore. his chest is still the front of the car, he still has his door wings.. and like you said, the colors are pretty damn close.. i don't see how you can say that skids looks NOTHING like G1 skids.. you really have to be blind or just in denial. as for binaltech skids compared to the new one.. i think they're both equally similar to G1 skids and different from G1 skids.





hoist and trailbreaker looked nothing like their G1 counterparts either? .. really? you are aware that these are supposed to be updates.. this isn't the masterpiece line.. i'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. hell.. if you're completing your classics collection with custom figures, they're going to be just as inaccurate to the G1 originals as these are. every single classic/universe/rts/generations/henkei/united figure, from the beginning are, like i said before, UPDATES of classic designs.. they're not supposed to be faithful representations of what we got in G1. it's not like these are movie toys that are trying to be passed off as classic updates.

i think where the confusion here is that some people thing that classics means the toys are supposed to be ripped right from the cartoon or the original toys.. that isn't the case, and it hasn't been the case from the beginning.

i'm sorry for being repetitive.. but i just want the point to sink home a little.

and i'm sorry but i don't believe these arguments are based on opinions. you can have an opinion that you don't like something, or that you do like something. but i don't think it's right to back up your opinion with something that clearly isn't true.

just my 2 cents.



I gotta disagree with you buddy. I personally think the whole “classics” concept (AKA neo) is just a Hasbro marketing gimmick to help today’s kids relate to G1 characters. Hasbro’s cash cow is kids between the ages of 5-10. Those kids can’t relate to 80’s cars because 80’s cars just wouldn’t be “cool”. The whole “neo” concept is more evident in Autobot cars more than Decepticon war machines. Tanks and Fighter jets haven’t changed as much as cars have over the years. And every Decepticon can’t be an F-22 Raptor because that would be boring. The Generations seeker mold was almost 95% accurate to an F-15 Strike Eagle with the exception of the wings being more swept in the back. And the robot mode was very “slavish” to the G1 cartoon.
On the new Skids figure, I think they did a fairly good job representing the character. I’m very happy you can hide the shoulder cannons as I will be doing such. Call it slavish if you want, but I’m 37 years old. I don’t give a damn if little kids don’t like G1. They have TF Prime, Bayformers, and Rescue Bots.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1530003)
Posted by njb902 on November 15th, 2013 @ 7:04pm CST
F-15E Strike Eagles are 2 seat air to ground attack craft. While they are capable of air to air combat, they aren't designed for it. The redistribution of the fuel system also changes the shape of the air intakes from the earlier models, it makes it bubble out more from the fuselage. So I don't think it's the particular F-15 variant the classics mold was based on.
Re: Video Reviews: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire and Dreadwing (1530015)
Posted by Caelus on November 15th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:That dreadwing keeps tempting me, but my collecting highlander rule permits me from replacing my G2 Dreadwing... Any have reasons to convince me to get it?


Rename him and display him with the original two. Then they go from being partners to being a squadron.

I think they should match well enough on color and design that at a glance they could pass for being from the same, well, generation.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-21R Red Bumblebee BUMBLE G-2 VER - Time Remaining: 18 days 23 hours 21 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers RID Cybertron CRUMPLEZONE 100% complete MIB - Time Remaining: 26 days 21 hours 52 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers 2011 Dark of the Moon (DOTM) Voyager Class: Skyhammer *complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 23 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Hoist Brand New Sealed on Mint Card - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 53 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Megatron Brand New Sealed on Mint Card - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 42 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers 1996 Beast Wars Deluxe Class: Tigatron *Missing gut gun - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 25 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Bumblebee Brand New Sealed on Mint Card - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 15 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Universe Generations G1 Autobot Cosmos G1 REISSUE - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 32 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed
Twincast / Podcast #155:
"Pillarboxed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 10th, 2016