Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing

Transformers News: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing

Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 10:25PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 21,708

Seibertron.com member rdrunr89 dropped by to let us know about an ad placed by Wal*Mart. What could be so special about this ad, you ask? Well, this one advertises the upcoming releases of Generations: Thrilling 30 Dreadwing and Autobot Skids! Among other Transformers products shown are Construct-Bots Triplechangers Blitzwing and Bumblebee and the Scout-sized Starscream and Ironhide sets. The image has been mirrored below for your viewing pleasure.

Transformers News: Re: Official In-package pictures of Generations Skids, Goldfire, Waspinator and Dreadwing
Credit(s): Wal*Mart, rdrunr89, Autobot032

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519458)
Posted by xyl360 on September 22nd, 2013 @ 10:44pm CDT
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519463)
Posted by TimothyR on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:12pm CDT
it would be nice if we didn't have to wait so long for these to hit the shelves.

this holiday season is going to truly suck (retail transformers wise) unless these hit stores early.

i think the only thing most people are waiting to see is wave 5 of beast hunters.. after that.. i don't think there is anything new until the next wave of generations in january (besides legends swerve and cosmos)

i hate how hasbro handles the holiday season.. i understand that they want to get rid of the stuff that's been sitting in stores forever.. it's annoying.

oh well. at least masterpiece prowl and bluestreak will be getting released in the meantime.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519465)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:18pm CDT
Yeah I'm really curious what the Takara Skids will look like.

If Takara is darker, and closer to G1 I might think about picking him up.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519468)
Posted by Mkall on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:35pm CDT
I want all of these figures. Right now.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519470)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:38pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I want all of these figures. Right now.

You and me both. I needed these yesterday! :x
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519474)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 22nd, 2013 @ 11:51pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Yep, definitely getting the domestic and import releases of Waspy. I'll skip Skids and just get Takara's version, that light blue plastic just doesn't look right. I'm passing on the rest unless Takara does something truly spectacular/different with the decos.
But this one's blue is comic-accurate. ;)
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519476)
Posted by paul053 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 12:12am CDT
I wonder can Skids swing his arms side by side? Because from the pictures don't look like he has the space and the joint to do so.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519478)
Posted by T-Macksimus on September 23rd, 2013 @ 12:18am CDT
Ad good thru the 28th and when is my pay day? The 1st!! And whose power steering pump went out on his car tonight? That would be me!

Fate... you are one cruel bi**h!! :-x
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519488)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:11am CDT

What does one call a group of Waspinator? A colony? A scrapyard?
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519490)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:27am CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Waspinator will join his buddies BW Waspinator and Animated Waspinator on the shelf.

What does one call a group of Waspinator? A colony? A scrapyard?

The Three Stooges! :grin:
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519492)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:39am CDT
so are these 2 in wave 1 cause i havent seen any of the 30th anniversary deluxes yet. Ive been to 2 targets & 2 walmarts on a regular basis & target has their exclusives only & walmart has nothing. I did notice that the TF section in walmart shrank though. But anyway Megatron is the only one im looking for & im going to be pretty pissed if i cant find him cause the stores decided to skip a wave.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519495)
Posted by xyl360 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 2:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
But this one's blue is comic-accurate. ;)

Dude, there's a picture of the comic side-by-side with the toy in this very thread. Unless there's something severely wrong with my monitor's color config that magically makes flat deep blues look like bright almost fluorescent blues when applied to plastic, then it is definitely NOT comic accurate:

I bet you can't grab a single shade of blue between the two images and have their RGB values match. In fact, I bet they won't even be shades of the same blue at all.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519503)
Posted by Mykltron on September 23rd, 2013 @ 5:52am CDT
Suddenly I'm concerned that Skids has almost no shoulder articulation....
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519505)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 6:10am CDT

Autobot032 - Thanks for adding the picture.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519506)
Posted by rdrunr89 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 6:12am CDT

Autobot032 - Thanks for adding the picture.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519510)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 23rd, 2013 @ 7:01am CDT
xyl360 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
But this one's blue is comic-accurate. ;)

And yet, inside the pages of IDW's comic issues themselves, he (along with every single character currently in MTMTE) has washed out, faded colors like this toy does:

The colors of that cover you posted are too dark.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519511)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 23rd, 2013 @ 7:05am CDT
rdrunr89 wrote:Mindmaster - Thanks for the credits. Sorry I didn't get back to post a picture. Was busy watching the Bears whip the Steelers. :lol:

Autobot032 - Thanks for adding the picture.

Not a problem, that's what we're here for!
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519516)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:06am CDT
Wait, so when are these guys coming out, because I wasn't expecting them until 2014.
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519519)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:12am CDT
Re: Wal*Mart Ad Promotes Generations Autobot Skids and Dreadwing (1519520)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 23rd, 2013 @ 8:14am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:So is Goldfire going to be Bumblebee or the separate Goldbug that is running around the IDW universe. (I read the bio, but I can't help but wonder what's in the IDW comic)
He's Bumblebee. Bee recently got upgraded into this form but kept his "Bumblebee" name. Goldbug's still his own dude.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Beast Wars Neo Longrack vs Guiledart DX-01 figures Set New - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 57 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Movie 2007 Unreleased Target Scout Gunbarrel New - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 29 minutes 29 seconds
D1030161 SHOCKWAVE TRANSFORMERS G1 MIB STYLE 100% COMPLETE DECEPTICON 1986 - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 15 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Prowl MP-04 Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 45 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars TransMetals Optimal Optimus Prime Primal Hasbro Kenner - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 30 minutes 38 seconds
TOMY TRANSFORMERS ENCORE 03 3 SOUNDWAVE FIGURE ES AQ1260 - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS SKYWARP & THUNDERCLACKER TAKARA TOMY ENCORE 11 FIGURE ES AQ1957 - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 2 minutes 16 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DEVASTATOR GIFTSET TAKARA ENCORE REISSUE 20 FIGURE ES AQ1774 - Time Remaining: 28 days 3 hours 4 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory