Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings

Transformers News: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 4:50AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Delicon   Views: 20,953

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Here at Seibertron.com, we always make it a high priority to inform fellow collectors of things such as new product releases as well as hot sales offered by retailers.

We'd like to thank Seibertron.com member Nemesis-Prime for a hot tip that is actually a little of both.

To be fair, the "new" in this case refers more to the way the figures are being offered than anything else. Walmart.com has just listed the following exclusive Universe Scout 2-packs which in reality look to be repackaged bundles of exclusives that first apeared in Target Stores in 2007 packaged under the movie line.

Storm Surge vs, Air Raid
Clocker vs. Hardtop

$30 sounds like a terrible price for 2 scouts, but blackfday.com brings us good news. These scout sets are apparently part of a special 5-11 am Black Friday deal for the much gentler price of just $9 each.

Courtesy of i.blackfriday.info we also have found the actual sales ad, which we have mirrored for your convenience.

Re: Storm Surge vs Air Raid and Clocker vs Hardtop at Walmart.com

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Nemesis-Prime, blackfday.com, i.blackfriday.info
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020873)
Posted by Mr O on November 19th, 2009 @ 5:05am CST
I got the Clocker and Hardtop set three weeks ago at Asda Living (UK). I thought I'd never find the Hardtop mold at retail, just a shame it's not in the Swindle colours. The other set was there too but didn't interest me.
If you're interested,

The Data War,
Cybertron series,

"Tasked by Megatron with the disruption of Autobot communications, Hardtop tracks one of the fastest and most effective couriers employed by Optimus Prime. The super-speedster Clocker has never been caught in the middle of a mission, but Hardtop hopes his long-range laser can put a stop to the racer's data delivery."

Edit: I've just noticed that the back of the box attributes 'removable exhaust pipes' to Hardtop instead of Clocker and also shows a different Planet Key to the S7 Planet-X key he comes with. :-B
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020888)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:26am CST
I'm debating on getting these. I have all four MOSC from '07, but it's a good price and some of these themed multipacks are pretty cool (Like "Search for the Pirate Moon").
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020890)
Posted by It Is Him on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:29am CST
Boo on Wal-Mart! In years past we got two deluxe Transformers for $10. Now it's $9 for two scouts? BOO! HISS! Not buying on principle.

It's also weird that the advert says they toys are only available until 11 am. The past two years the toys have been available for DAYS afterward.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020894)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:58am CST
$9 for 2 Scouts is a good deal, especially if you missed out on these figures the first time around.

Unfortunately for me, I have Storm Surge and Hardtop, but not Air Raid or Clocker.

It Is Him wrote:
It's also weird that the advert says they toys are only available until 11 am. The past two years the toys have been available for DAYS afterward.


The PRICES are only as advertised until 11 am; the toys will be available as long as they're in stock.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020897)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 19th, 2009 @ 8:02am CST
It Is Him wrote:Boo on Wal-Mart! In years past we got two deluxe Transformers for $10. Now it's $9 for two scouts? BOO! HISS! Not buying on principle.

It's also weird that the advert says they toys are only available until 11 am. The past two years the toys have been available for DAYS afterward.


I think it's just the "Doorbuster" price stops at 11.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020899)
Posted by Stockade on November 19th, 2009 @ 8:11am CST
WOW and i thought the Supertuner throw down set was over priced!! Actually i would rather get the Supertuner set than these!! How disappointing Walmart is!!!!

I was hoping that walmart could do better than this, like for ex: buy 1 deluxe & get the other half off or buy a voyager figure & get 1 free deluxe figure or buy a LC figure and get a voyager half off or something like that, the skies the limit you know.

I was hoping to see HA figures for $15.00 or something, since i dont have HA BB or HA Skidz yet...

BTW, I already have these guys and only paid $7.00 each at Target..
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020907)
Posted by It Is Him on November 19th, 2009 @ 8:24am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:$9 for 2 Scouts is a good deal, especially if you missed out on these figures the first time around.

Unfortunately for me, I have Storm Surge and Hardtop, but not Air Raid or Clocker.

It Is Him wrote:
It's also weird that the advert says they toys are only available until 11 am. The past two years the toys have been available for DAYS afterward.


The PRICES are only as advertised until 11 am; the toys will be available as long as they're in stock.


Yeah, but when the doorbuster prices are over, will the little guys go up to $30? Or will they stay at $9?
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020914)
Posted by Duke of Luns on November 19th, 2009 @ 8:54am CST
It Is Him wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:$9 for 2 Scouts is a good deal, especially if you missed out on these figures the first time around.

Unfortunately for me, I have Storm Surge and Hardtop, but not Air Raid or Clocker.

It Is Him wrote:
It's also weird that the advert says they toys are only available until 11 am. The past two years the toys have been available for DAYS afterward.


The PRICES are only as advertised until 11 am; the toys will be available as long as they're in stock.


Yeah, but when the doorbuster prices are over, will the little guys go up to $30? Or will they stay at $9?


Good question. I'm a cashier at the busiest Wal-Mart in our area, and I have to be up there at 4:45 a.m. until 1 p.m. Unless the crowds are thinned I might have to wait until after my shift to get Storm Surge and Air Raid, if they have any left, but only if they're like $15.

Of course if memory serves me correct we had a ton of Scuba Batman vs. Joker or something left over last year(maybe they were exclusive?), so maybe we'll get a ton of these guys in this year. I really want Storm Surge, and another flying Autobot would be a nice bonus.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020920)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 19th, 2009 @ 9:08am CST
They're not going to be $30. That has to be a mistake on the website, or a placeholder price. They'll probably be about $15 each after the sale.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1020937)
Posted by Mr O on November 19th, 2009 @ 10:15am CST
I don't remember exactly what I paid but it was less than a deluxe, £11 something.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1021056)
Posted by Venomous Prime on November 19th, 2009 @ 3:53pm CST
Wal Mart doesn't call it Black Friday anymore because its offensive. They changed it to Blitz, and then said that was offensive. Now its the Yearly/Annual "Event"

I'm so sick of working there :roll:
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1021075)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on November 19th, 2009 @ 4:42pm CST
original sin wrote:Wal Mart doesn't call it Black Friday anymore because its offensive. They changed it to Blitz, and then said that was offensive. Now its the Yearly/Annual "Event"

I'm so sick of working there :roll:


BAHAHAHAH!!!! I feel sorry for the people who have to go in at 4am to work there. I will probably stop by around 7am after I do all my shopping, and if those sets are still there, I'll grab them.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1021084)
Posted by Venomous Prime on November 19th, 2009 @ 5:18pm CST
DecepticonKing86 wrote:
original sin wrote:Wal Mart doesn't call it Black Friday anymore because its offensive. They changed it to Blitz, and then said that was offensive. Now its the Yearly/Annual "Event"

I'm so sick of working there :roll:


BAHAHAHAH!!!! I feel sorry for the people who have to go in at 4am to work there. I will probably stop by around 7am after I do all my shopping, and if those sets are still there, I'll grab them.


I'm the only associate not scheduled at 4:30AM. I come in at 1:30PM and have to work alone on the entire hardlines/homelines(hardware, pets, housewares, domestics, sporting goods, toys etc) side of the store. To top it off they scheduled me outside of my availability :-x
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1021104)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on November 19th, 2009 @ 6:45pm CST
original sin wrote:
DecepticonKing86 wrote:
original sin wrote:Wal Mart doesn't call it Black Friday anymore because its offensive. They changed it to Blitz, and then said that was offensive. Now its the Yearly/Annual "Event"

I'm so sick of working there :roll:


BAHAHAHAH!!!! I feel sorry for the people who have to go in at 4am to work there. I will probably stop by around 7am after I do all my shopping, and if those sets are still there, I'll grab them.


I'm the only associate not scheduled at 4:30AM. I come in at 1:30PM and have to work alone on the entire hardlines/homelines(hardware, pets, housewares, domestics, sporting goods, toys etc) side of the store. To top it off they scheduled me outside of my availability :-x


That's not right. You're gonna be screwed assuming you do some Black Friday shopping, which leaves you with barely any time to sleep in preparation for one hell of a day.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1021120)
Posted by SentinelA on November 19th, 2009 @ 7:43pm CST
For me, I'm like Nero at the end of Startrek. I'd rather die in agony than face Black Friday crowds!
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1021302)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on November 20th, 2009 @ 8:45am CST
Have to ask for the Clocker/Hardtop one for Christmas.

Yeah, I'm back. But I can't update my stories for certain reasons.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1021309)
Posted by Prime Riblet on November 20th, 2009 @ 9:16am CST
The Clocker v Hardtop is kind of interesting, but the other is just not my thing. Especially Air Raid-that sucker looks goofy IMO.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1022176)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on November 23rd, 2009 @ 12:26pm CST
I wouldn't mind the Clocker/Hardtop set. I like the Clocker mold, I have the original and this is a nice repaint. I need a second Movie Hardtop, since I have 2 Landmines and 2 ROTF Dune Runner, all military buggy-type vehicles. Gotta have 2 of each.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1022179)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 23rd, 2009 @ 12:51pm CST
The price looks fixed now, but they're not available for sale until Friday.
Re: Walmart's Black Friday Transformers offerings (1023120)
Posted by nemesis-prime on November 26th, 2009 @ 10:38pm CST
I was at walmart about 8pm Thursday and they were putting out the sale item pallets. There were 2 pallets of the 2 pack transformers so I think everyone will be able to get one. I got yelled at when i was reading the caseboxes"YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL 5AM" :sad: :sad:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Bumblebee vs Starscream DVD - Time Remaining:  6 hours 10 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime Voyager Ionic Pulse Launchers - Time Remaining:  25 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Battlemaster Talking Bumblebee Action Figure - Time Remaining:  26 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Night Ops Bumblebee 3 Step Changer Figure - Time Remaining:  6 hours 11 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Prime Cyberverse Star Hammer with Wheeljack Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 30 minutes 58 seconds
1987 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 ROLLBAR STUNNING AFA U85 WOW! - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 46 minutes 41 seconds
New In Box HASBRO Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Constructicon Devastator - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 18 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G1 Takara Reissue e-HOBBY #91 New Year Special Red Alert CLAMPDOWN - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 48 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents
Twincast / Podcast #146:
"Happy Accidents"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, June 14th, 2016