Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight

Transformers News: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight

Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 4:22PM CST

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 60,498

The War for Cybertron page on Facebook has updated to let everyone know that this Thanksgiving weekend will be a 10x XP weekend, which started last night and goes through Sunday November 28th at Midnight. Here's the quote from the WFC "Transformers Game" Facebook page:

We kick off another 10x XP blast starting...now! We will keep the XP rewards up to 10x their normal value all the way through this week and into this weekend, ending on Sunday Nov 28th at midnight. Enjoy a leg of turkey while you level your transformers up even quicker this weekend.

View full size versions of the above images
Credit(s): Activision, Rodimus723
Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1150407)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 24th, 2010 @ 8:22pm CST
bengear wrote:seriously....who hasn't maxed out prime mode yet? Now if these multipliers somehow gave you a discount on some of the challenges that would be nice.

Killing players with an energon pistol who are trapped is a PAIN.

I havent even unlocked prime mode yet, you know how hard it is to get into a game without the map packs?
Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1150441)
Posted by Shadowman on November 24th, 2010 @ 10:27pm CST
Dear High Moon Studios,

For the longest time, I was trying to defend you. I'd say "Well, despite it's flaws, War for Cybertron is still a good game." But, in the five months and two days (As of this writing) since the game was released, one thing has been becoming a more and more pronounced thought with me: You still haven't fixed those flaws.

And really, you have no excuse for this. Why you even let the game out the door without host migration is beyond me, but even worse is that after five months you haven't done anything about it. And it's almost all we've been talking about in regards to multiplayer! Which leads to the conclusion that despite what that ticker says, you have NOT been listening to the feedback we've been giving, otherwise these flaws would have been fixed by now.

As I have explained before, and as you've probably noticed, War for Cybertron's has been dwindling rapidly. You've been trying to reclaim your lost users with DLC and multiplied experience weekends. At first, I loved the idea of being able to level up faster. But as time went on, I couldn't help but wonder what the point is of so many multipliers, eventually you'll be in maxed out Prime Mode, and there won't be a reason to level up anymore.

And the DLC. At first, I was reluctant to argue against the DLC, but I feel that time is over. If you're going to release more DLC, here is a tip: Three characters and four maps are not worth $10. Especially when not having those maps means you're going to get dropped more often.

So no. No more experience multipliers. No more required-but-not-free DLC. Fix your game, learn to do things right (I recommend taking a look at Valve and Team Fortress 2), then we'll start coming back.
Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1150458)
Posted by Blurrz on November 24th, 2010 @ 11:39pm CST
Great multiplayer game for the first few months. After summer ended and Halo Reach came out it pretty much went down the toilet.
Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1151126)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on November 26th, 2010 @ 9:17pm CST
I DON'T NEED THIS! Ive already maxed all my classes and then maxed them again in Prime Mode. Well, i guess i could go PWN some nOObs. That's always fun. :twisted:
Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1151931)
Posted by Blitzfire on November 28th, 2010 @ 10:31pm CST
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon Studios,

Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1151941)
Posted by Shadowman on November 28th, 2010 @ 11:34pm CST
Blitzfire wrote:Maybe if you weren't getting caught up so much with non-essential elements of the game, you would appreciate things more.

You consider the ability to play the game without getting dropped a non-essential element?
Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1151954)
Posted by Blitzfire on November 29th, 2010 @ 1:25am CST
Shadowman wrote:

It doesn't happen frequently enough for it to be a major issue; maybe 1/10 games on average, tops. The majority of the player-base is stable and quite robust.

I say this and I'm playing on "Worldwide" from a country that has traditionally shocking network quality for fast-paced online games.
Re: War for Cybertron 10x XP through Nov 28 @ Midnight (1151965)
Posted by The Legend on November 29th, 2010 @ 4:07am CST
That helped me get some achievements.
I hope WFC2 does something to keep players interest longer, there were barely enough people playing to make a match and even then they were only TDM and Conquest.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction