Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO?

Transformers News: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO?

Monday, December 22nd, 2008 1:15PM CST

Categories: Knock Offs, Media, Press Releases, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 40,209

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

LoopyDetails.com has a very disturbing and scary article, the topic - your genuine Transformers Encore Metroplex might be a KO!


What The Heck? The Encore 12 Metroplex I Got From TFSource Is A Fake!

A couple of weeks ago I did a review of Transformers 12 Encore Metroplex. In my review, I noted that the plastic material used is very substandard and the toy seemed cheaply made. Initially I just thought that Takara screwed up in the build quality. Since I got this figure from a well respected online retailer (TFSource - on sale for $60); it didn't occur to me that my Metroplex could be a knock-off/counterfeit/fake.


Too read the full article and see how you can see if your Metroplex is real or a KO just click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): LoopyDetails.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854441)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:43pm CST
that article link doesnt work...
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854442)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:45pm CST
works for me
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854446)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:54pm CST
nvm its working for me now
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854447)
Posted by papavader on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:55pm CST
Part of me knows some crooks will do anything to screw unsuspecting customers but another part of wonders if the number of these increasingly accurate counterfeit TFs would lower if Takara/Hasbro left the KO vendors alone. At least you knew what you were getting.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854450)
Posted by Ultra Prime on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:00pm CST
I checked my Encore Metroplex and he's the real deal thank goodness. I bought mine from Tempting Toys months ago. I would be :-x if mine was a KO since that is not what I had intended to buy.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854455)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:04pm CST
Who the hell is making these Knockoffs? Hang them! :evil:
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854458)
Posted by Craven Knight on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:09pm CST
The TFSource folks seem pretty straight up to me, I can't imagine that they'd try and swindle someone - they are an established online store and a bad rep would destroy them.

However I have to say that they did have KO Metroplex and Metrotitan for sale before the Encore version was out - is it possible an inexperienced staff member grabbed one of the KOs that was in storage not realising is was a KO?

I dunno, but I'll be giving my Metro the beady when I get home.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854475)
Posted by ponycorn on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:31pm CST
Curious if the KO went so far as to have a HasTak on the toy itself. No mention is made of the stamp on the toy.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854478)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:37pm CST
Craven Knight wrote:The TFSource folks seem pretty straight up to me, I can't imagine that they'd try and swindle someone - they are an established online store and a bad rep would destroy them.

However I have to say that they did have KO Metroplex and Metrotitan for sale before the Encore version was out - is it possible an inexperienced staff member grabbed one of the KOs that was in storage not realising is was a KO?

I dunno, but I'll be giving my Metro the beady when I get home.

They must have not noticed that those were KOs, remember that rumour we had a while ago as Encore Metroplex was announced that we would be seeing the rest of the KO Metroplexes in Encore boxes?
Well this is what happened, TF Source ordered a shipment of Encore Metroplex and received KOs in Encore packaging instead.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854519)
Posted by Craven Knight on December 22nd, 2008 @ 3:28pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:They must have not noticed that those were KOs, remember that rumour we had a while ago as Encore Metroplex was announced that we would be seeing the rest of the KO Metroplexes in Encore boxes?
Well this is what happened, TF Source ordered a shipment of Encore Metroplex and received KOs in Encore packaging instead.


That's certainly plausable, man - I'll be interested to see how the TFSource team deals with this.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854531)
Posted by Cyberstrike on December 22nd, 2008 @ 3:56pm CST
I was planning on getting Encore Sky Lynx, Metroplex, and Omega Supreme (in that order) starting in the very near future from BBTS, so thanks for the heads up!
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854596)
Posted by capellamusic on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:27pm CST
Ok, this IS bad... At least I've checked my Metroplex and it's a genuine Encore. But this is bad news that they started making KOs for new releases as well. It's amazing that we can't even buy our loved toys in peace of mind... KOs should never get passed as genuine products, there should always be some easy distinction. For example, the Mashin Eiyuden Wataru 2 KOs are easy to distinguish because they placed "Rare Col." and another logo in place of the Takara logo. I'm not totally against KOs, only when they're passed as genuine products cheating people like this KO Encore Metroplex...
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854619)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:52pm CST
Has Encore Sky Lynx been pirated in Encore packaging tooÉ
Because I really still want him and now I`m feeling too paranoid to buy...
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854621)
Posted by breakthru on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:52pm CST
Luckily mine is the real deal but I think this is shocking. Even the Encore's aren't safe now from damn KO's :-(

Thanks for the info. Very interesting and helpful.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854625)
Posted by nemesis-prime on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:55pm CST
good for the tip i was gonna get him when it was on sale but now ill pass.........at least my encore omega supreme is lagit...now the only big ko i'll be forced to get is one of fortress maximus if there is one.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854629)
Posted by torgo1 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 6:02pm CST
hmmm...
Mine bears the "H2208" mark of the beast but doesn't have the lines around it. My eyes aren't keen enough to tell if there is any yellow overlay on the grid, but all the TakaraTomy labels look good. I opened mine to check and it does have the rivets on the wheels. I never had Metroplex, were his legs kind of loose where they snapped together up near the knee?
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854639)
Posted by Dread_Wing on December 22nd, 2008 @ 6:25pm CST
torgo1 wrote:hmmm...
Mine bears the "H2208" mark of the beast but doesn't have the lines around it. My eyes aren't keen enough to tell if there is any yellow overlay on the grid, but all the TakaraTomy labels look good. I opened mine to check and it does have the rivets on the wheels. I never had Metroplex, were his legs kind of loose where they snapped together up near the knee?


The joints should all be pretty solid, my G1 Metroplex is still tight after all these years. Sounds like you could have one of the KO's. This is despicable.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854648)
Posted by muswp1 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 7:04pm CST
I hope Takara/Tomy takes action on this. This is ridiculous. Good thing I didn't order one myself.

Has anybody contacted TF Source about this??
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854653)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 7:18pm CST
Holy fkn sh*t! Even Encore? BTW, my Encore's quality indeed is waaaaayyyyyyy different from the original. The black plastic is not as glossy as the G1 80's version. The KO is glossy.............so that's the difference. Same with Scamper, his shiny is dull.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854659)
Posted by Zeds on December 22nd, 2008 @ 7:27pm CST
We should allow TFSource to comment on this before berating them further. I have a high level of confidence in them and they would not have done this intentionally IMHO. They are in the business to keep their customers happy and they would not ruin their reputation over something like this.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854679)
Posted by Stormrider on December 22nd, 2008 @ 8:03pm CST
Good job finding this story. There was a lot of chatter on ACToys last month about a KO Metroplex hitting China, but I couldn't decipher what they were exactly talking about. A lot of the Chinese members were very upset that their Encore Metroplex was a KO. It looks like foreign retailers got affected too.

This sucks. I'm one of the folks that purchased it from TFSource. Even though I live in Japan and could have purchase it easily from here - I chose TFSource because of their reliability and because I wanted the figure shipped to my address in America. I trusted their packaging and shipping. Unfortunately, I won't be returning to the U.S. until next June, so I can't check the contents until then.

I shot TFSource and email. I hope that this will get resolved well. I wonder how many other online retailers got affected.

I hate KO to no end, especially the ones that try to pawn themselves off as the real thing. They destroy collectors confidence. Takara needs to get their act together and stop these imposters.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854687)
Posted by It Is Him on December 22nd, 2008 @ 8:40pm CST
This issue raises another important question: How many other Encores are KOs? Starscream? Optimus Prime?

In any case, this sucks. I'm sorry if anyone here wound up with one.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854689)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 22nd, 2008 @ 8:45pm CST
At this time, I hope through the retailers, Takara can trace the kos back to its source, and with the Encores being its big hit, sue the hell out of the manufacturers...
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854696)
Posted by drfeelgood81083 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 9:08pm CST
And on that note I brought my omega and sky lynx out of hiding (both from tfsource) and I don't see any of the same "tell tale" signs listed for metroplex on my sky lynx. However, Omega does seem to have the issue with the cross hatching having some yellow and gray mixing only on the front and not the back like the picture shows. Does anyone else have this issue? I am about to haul out the whole encore collection and see what I can find... :sad:
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854701)
Posted by Barrelass on December 22nd, 2008 @ 9:38pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:At this time, I hope through the retailers, Takara can trace the kos back to its source, and with the Encores being its big hit, sue the hell out of the manufacturers...


Everytime there is a knockoff someone mentions this like it is easy to do. "Hey, can I come into your communist country to see who is making fake toys?" It isn't a simple process, and toys/other products are knocked off all over the world. It is a huge market not just in toys, and not something world governments care much about compared to other international issues. Hasbro did about the best thing that they could threatening online retailers and shutting down a lot of the ebay auctions, but there is always a way to bring products to market.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854751)
Posted by D-340 on December 23rd, 2008 @ 12:15am CST
Wow, this is crazy. Normally, I don't mind KOs when they are obviously marketed as such,i.e. Generic Walgreens and Big Lots 'formers, but this is over the line. These KOs are made with the purpose of fooling the collector into thinking it's the real deal, and that's wrong. Hopefully it all gets sorted out.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854761)
Posted by Stormrider on December 23rd, 2008 @ 2:03am CST
D-340 wrote:Wow, this is crazy. Normally, I don't mind KOs when they are obviously marketed as such,i.e. Generic Walgreens and Big Lots 'formers, but this is over the line. These KOs are made with the purpose of fooling the collector into thinking it's the real deal, and that's wrong. Hopefully it all gets sorted out.


They not only fooled the buyer; their purpose was to fool the retailer.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854763)
Posted by CollectionTF on December 23rd, 2008 @ 2:17am CST
I bought Encore Optimus and Takara Reissue Megatron at TFsource.

I wonder, Is my G1 Prime and Megs are a KOs too? :-? :-(
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854766)
Posted by CollectionTF on December 23rd, 2008 @ 2:24am CST
Damn you China. Stop making knock offs.

First lid on toys, then poison on foods, Now sending KOs to online retailers. What's next?
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854816)
Posted by outsider on December 23rd, 2008 @ 6:40am CST
:sad: sad sad day. My Metroplex is also a fake. Mine came from BBTS just a few weeks ago to be a xmas gift, but sure enough ko. hopefully they can do something about this.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854828)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 23rd, 2008 @ 7:35am CST
Stormrider wrote:Good job finding this story. There was a lot of chatter on ACToys last month about a KO Metroplex hitting China, but I couldn't decipher what they were exactly talking about. A lot of the Chinese members were very upset that their Encore Metroplex was a KO. It looks like foreign retailers got affected too.

This sucks. I'm one of the folks that purchased it from TFSource. Even though I live in Japan and could have purchase it easily from here - I chose TFSource because of their reliability and because I wanted the figure shipped to my address in America. I trusted their packaging and shipping. Unfortunately, I won't be returning to the U.S. until next June, so I can't check the contents until then.

I shot TFSource and email. I hope that this will get resolved well. I wonder how many other online retailers got affected.

I hate KO to no end, especially the ones that try to pawn themselves off as the real thing. They destroy collectors confidence. Takara needs to get their act together and stop these imposters.

I am here to serve the community.

Please people don't make TFSource responsible for this they don't want to cheat you of your money read the entire article you will see that A3U was also ripped off by these guys.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854885)
Posted by DavidT on December 23rd, 2008 @ 9:24am CST
BigBadToyStore.com has posted this comment on their Encore Metroplex order page:

.
We've received numerous inquiries wondering about the authenticity of the Encore Metroplex. We 100% guarantee that this is authentic Takara product, our suppliers purchase directly from Takara do not deal in knockoff products. We were approached by the knockoff manufacturer, but declined to purchase any of their unlicensed products. Please rest assured that all our Metroplex inventory is 100% authentic. Thanks - Joel
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854887)
Posted by starfish on December 23rd, 2008 @ 9:27am CST
It was inevitable really, technologies are progressing at such a rate that these things are getting harder and harder to tell apart from the real deal.

But how did these KO people get enough capital together to be able to afford to build hundreds of fake Metroplexes? That's right, from the profits they have gained from selling other KOs.

Some posters have stated that they don't mind KO's so much, as long as it's easy to determine if they are real or fake.

I'm sorry, but that's out of line.

ALL KO's are highly illegal and immoral, however they're packaged. And if anyone on here has ever bought a KO, willingly or otherwise, then they are only serving to line the pockets of the criminals who make these things.

So some people on here would be willing to buy a KO Fort Max?

Shame on you, because that's the kind of attitude that helped to create this mess in the first place.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854973)
Posted by Sid Burn on December 23rd, 2008 @ 11:22am CST
drfeelgood81083 wrote:And on that note I brought my omega and sky lynx out of hiding (both from tfsource) and I don't see any of the same "tell tale" signs listed for metroplex on my sky lynx. However, Omega does seem to have the issue with the cross hatching having some yellow and gray mixing only on the front and not the back like the picture shows. Does anyone else have this issue? I am about to haul out the whole encore collection and see what I can find... :sad:


My Encore Omega has some of the double line issue, as does my Metroplex, not yellow, but a hint of two shades of grey on a red background, I dont think this is cause for concern as all the other criteria for a legit version I have. I think the biggest one to look for is the indented stamp, as the KOs have a hint of a square around their stamp,
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854996)
Posted by GetterDragun on December 23rd, 2008 @ 11:43am CST
outsider wrote::sad: sad sad day. My Metroplex is also a fake. Mine came from BBTS just a few weeks ago to be a xmas gift, but sure enough ko. hopefully they can do something about this.


Are you sure about this BBTS confirmed they had no knockoffs.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855159)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 23rd, 2008 @ 3:53pm CST
Everyone should chill.

BBTS didn't have bad stock. MOST retailers didn't have bad stock.

The problem is easily identifiable.

TFSource is reliable enough to take appropriate action to fix the problem.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855189)
Posted by Savage on December 23rd, 2008 @ 4:31pm CST
I hope you're right, CP. But I doubt it's feasible for them to start replacing the knockoffs they sold to people with authentic ones. The folks that got screwed will probably be lucky just to get some sort of partial refund or store credit. Which, while thats all well and good, doesnt negate the fact that there are folks out there now stuck with a knockoff that they dont want.

I'm glad to say I'm not in this situation, but if I was, I'd be pissed. I dont buy knockoffs, no matter how cool the colors or gimmick is. If it isn't a 100% authentic TransFormer then I have no interest in it. (With the exception of a few fan-produced customs like City Commander).
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855231)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 23rd, 2008 @ 5:23pm CST
One thing that should be noted is that the KO Metroplexs had some real design and quality problems.

Most people that have found themselves to be in possession of one now, had formerly commented or thought that the QC was really bad. What I've read over a few sites seems to imply that one should be able to tell the difference between real and authentic by sight and touch in addition to the box related issues.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855245)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 23rd, 2008 @ 6:30pm CST
KO's good or bad? Depends on the intent. If they are sold as KOs and not passed of as the real McCoy then good. If sold as the real thing then there'll be hell to pay!

I for one would prefer to buy the real thing, unfortunately Takara can't or won't sell them due to lots of reasons.

Of my G1 collections, I own three sets of high end KOs, Reflector, Devastator and G1 Grimlock. I knowingly purchased them because I know the source as being a KO. Believe me, I'd get the real thing in a flash.....but those KOs make make a good space filler.

For the @ssf*cks who sell them as the real thing, well may they burn in hell and all! So in the end, it's buyer beware, know where you get them and use your common sense. A true collector can spot a KO just by glancing at one.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855251)
Posted by JTKranix on December 23rd, 2008 @ 6:59pm CST
My Encore Metroplex is from tfsource.com and it's 100% real.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855256)
Posted by D-340 on December 23rd, 2008 @ 7:10pm CST
starfish wrote:It was inevitable really, technologies are progressing at such a rate that these things are getting harder and harder to tell apart from the real deal.

But how did these KO people get enough capital together to be able to afford to build hundreds of fake Metroplexes? That's right, from the profits they have gained from selling other KOs.

Some posters have stated that they don't mind KO's so much, as long as it's easy to determine if they are real or fake.

I'm sorry, but that's out of line.

ALL KO's are highly illegal and immoral, however they're packaged. And if anyone on here has ever bought a KO, willingly or otherwise, then they are only serving to line the pockets of the criminals who make these things.

So some people on here would be willing to buy a KO Fort Max?

Shame on you, because that's the kind of attitude that helped to create this mess in the first place.



Whoa slow done there, son. Who are you to say that about other collectors? Would I buy a KO Fort Max, hell yeah I would, but I also have already plunked down a few hundred to get the original. As I have with all the other KOs I got, I already spent money on the originals. So don't you run around passing judgment on myself or any other collector who happens to like picking up a KO here and there. That said, however the KOs I purchased were obviously KOs, this type of situation I disagree with.

@ Stormrider, thanks for completing my thought. I meant that as well.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855452)
Posted by starfish on December 24th, 2008 @ 7:32am CST
D-340 wrote:
starfish wrote:It was inevitable really, technologies are progressing at such a rate that these things are getting harder and harder to tell apart from the real deal.

But how did these KO people get enough capital together to be able to afford to build hundreds of fake Metroplexes? That's right, from the profits they have gained from selling other KOs.

Some posters have stated that they don't mind KO's so much, as long as it's easy to determine if they are real or fake.

I'm sorry, but that's out of line.

ALL KO's are highly illegal and immoral, however they're packaged. And if anyone on here has ever bought a KO, willingly or otherwise, then they are only serving to line the pockets of the criminals who make these things.

So some people on here would be willing to buy a KO Fort Max?

Shame on you, because that's the kind of attitude that helped to create this mess in the first place.



Whoa slow done there, son. Who are you to say that about other collectors? Would I buy a KO Fort Max, hell yeah I would, but I also have already plunked down a few hundred to get the original. As I have with all the other KOs I got, I already spent money on the originals. So don't you run around passing judgment on myself or any other collector who happens to like picking up a KO here and there. That said, however the KOs I purchased were obviously KOs, this type of situation I disagree with.


You miss the point. It doesn't matter if you own the originals or not. The point is that KOs are illegal, whether they are sold as the real thing or not. It's a breach of copyright, and is no different morally to illegal downloading or any other form of copyright theft.

And, as I have said before, by knowingly, willingly, buying any sort of KO, you are only serving to encourage and legitimise the actions of these criminals, which has indirectly led to this very scenario.

Apologies for being so blunt, and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but there it is.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855535)
Posted by Ultra Prime on December 24th, 2008 @ 10:34am CST
torgo1 wrote:hmmm...
Mine bears the "H2208" mark of the beast but doesn't have the lines around it. My eyes aren't keen enough to tell if there is any yellow overlay on the grid, but all the TakaraTomy labels look good. I opened mine to check and it does have the rivets on the wheels. I never had Metroplex, were his legs kind of loose where they snapped together up near the knee?


Hard to say. But I have looked at my Encore Metroplex and the box he came in. The gridlines are clean and the proper colors. The Takara Tomy logo is clean and the proper colors. The "H2208" mark is imprinted into the box instead of raised print like brail which is a sign of a KO one. And my figure does have the proper copywright marks on him too. However my joints are a little bit looser than the vintage Metroplex that I passed onto my son.

Given everything else does the slight loose knee joints mean mine's a KO? I doubt it. Does anyone know if the KO Metroplex has the Takara copywright on it?
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855756)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 24th, 2008 @ 4:25pm CST
Those KO's are propbably the unsold stocks repackaged as Encore. You know, the units sold before Takara officially announced that they'll be releasing Metroplex?

A lot of specialty shops had second thoughts about ordering the KOs once Takara released the official one hence this was probably done to recoup their (KO manufacturers) loses.

In a way it shows that once Takara makes the original available, KOs become shelf warmers.......or in this case iventory overstock.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855868)
Posted by Stormrider on December 24th, 2008 @ 8:47pm CST
I spoke with TFSource.com spokesman, Curt, regarding the fake Encore Metroplex's that were sold. He assured me that only a small portion of their stock was affected. Curt had this to say:

Only a fraction of the orders purchased in December from us are the KO, so if yours shipped before December it is 100% authentic. We purchased from 4 different suppliers to get enough inventory for the holiday sale, and less than 10% of the stock shipped was the holiday sale. If your order shipped before December then, you have nothing to worry about.

In talking with other online retailers, it seems that the KO Metroplex came from one particular factory in China. As many of you will recall, a KO Metroplex was released this summer but in a different package. The illegal manufacturer most likely swapped the boxes this fall to disguise them as Encore figures in order to compete with the legitimate toys.

We will keep you informed with any further updates.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855881)
Posted by Narc on December 24th, 2008 @ 9:17pm CST
Here's un update with the reply from TFsource's Curt to D Unit (the one who originally wrote the review)

*Update - December 23, 2008: Sweet! I just got a reply from TFSource:

"Hi ___________,

We unfortunately didn’t receive any email on Saturday, but we’ve been having email issues all week. Sorry to hear about the Metroplex, please see the below.

No problem and we do apologize for the KO product being shipped, as our policy is never to misrepresent any items to our customers. We rarely carry any KO’s, but if we do we always clearly label them as such. To support our holiday sale we actually ordered from 4 suppliers, of which one shipped the KO’s. Fortunately we were able to catch this after shipping less than 10% of orders with the KO product. We have filed a claim against the seller, as well as contacted Takara/Tomy with his name and address, as well as website, to report him for selling counterfeit products, as well as misrepresenting goods to customers as we have email communication stating that this was legitimate Takara/Tomy product.

At our cost, we also have purchased twice the amount of KO’s shipped out, to fill any claims, from a legitimate supplier. So by all means please send your purchase back no questions asked, and we will send a replacement as well as refund shipping for the inconvenience. Normally we are good at identifying this product but the information regarding the counterfeit wasn’t readily available and we also receive so many orders during the holiday, we really weren’t looking for it, so it is our oversight. Apologies for the unfortunate situation, and the address for mailing your KO Metroplex back is below.

___________
___________
___________
___________

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Curt"

I'm very glad that they are taking care of this issue immediately and to the best of their abilities. And yes, TFSource is still AAA+ in my books.


And here's a link to the report itself (scroll down to the very bottom for the update):

http://loopydetails.com/index.php?/Core-Articles/what-the-heck-the-encore-12-metroplex-i-got-from-tfsource-is-a-fake.html

Please don't demonize our retailers. They're as much victims as the rest of us.. and they stand to lose more.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855883)
Posted by muswp1 on December 24th, 2008 @ 9:22pm CST
I'm glad TF Source is taking action on this. I'm sure they are as pissed as their customers were, especially if they were told the KO's were legit items. And I'm also sure since the KO factory (and probably the seller) in question is in China, absolutely nothing will be done over there to stop them from trying to sell KO's as legit toys.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855899)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 24th, 2008 @ 9:50pm CST
How to stop the KO makers? The law of supply and demand.If there is a demand but no supply, there always will be an enterprising fiend who'll make such products.

Take this incident for instance, prior to Takara's official announcement of Encore #12(Metroplex), there were KO's finding it's way into the gray market right(Metroplex and Metrotitan)? They were packaged IIRC as the 1986 movie boxed set or something. Then a few months later, Takara's bombshell of issuing the white titan............ :sad: was probably the feeling felt by the KO makers...................which probably lead to a lot of cancelled orders for their product. So what to do to recoup their dastardly investment? Change the box into Encore(probably also saved on the styrofoam casing used in the pseudo original package as opposed to the clear plastic frame of Encore.

To make this short.........Takara must ISSUE the original products in order tonullify the gray market that has sprung out of the insatiable appetite for G1 toys.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (855992)
Posted by Savage on December 25th, 2008 @ 1:49am CST
Nice. Way to go, TFSource. That's dedication to the fans, and very noble of them.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (856080)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 25th, 2008 @ 8:57am CST
Itoldyouso.

Click here to view an additional 6 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014