Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO?

Transformers News: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO?

Monday, December 22nd, 2008 1:15PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases, Digital Media News, Knock Offs
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 51,319

LoopyDetails.com has a very disturbing and scary article, the topic - your genuine Transformers Encore Metroplex might be a KO!

What The Heck? The Encore 12 Metroplex I Got From TFSource Is A Fake!

A couple of weeks ago I did a review of Transformers 12 Encore Metroplex. In my review, I noted that the plastic material used is very substandard and the toy seemed cheaply made. Initially I just thought that Takara screwed up in the build quality. Since I got this figure from a well respected online retailer (TFSource - on sale for $60); it didn't occur to me that my Metroplex could be a knock-off/counterfeit/fake.

Too read the full article and see how you can see if your Metroplex is real or a KO just click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): LoopyDetails.com
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854441)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:43pm CST
that article link doesnt work...
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854442)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:45pm CST
works for me
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854446)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:54pm CST
nvm its working for me now
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854447)
Posted by papavader on December 22nd, 2008 @ 1:55pm CST
Part of me knows some crooks will do anything to screw unsuspecting customers but another part of wonders if the number of these increasingly accurate counterfeit TFs would lower if Takara/Hasbro left the KO vendors alone. At least you knew what you were getting.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854450)
Posted by Ultra Prime on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:00pm CST
I checked my Encore Metroplex and he's the real deal thank goodness. I bought mine from Tempting Toys months ago. I would be :-x if mine was a KO since that is not what I had intended to buy.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854455)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:04pm CST
Who the hell is making these Knockoffs? Hang them! :evil:
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854458)
Posted by Craven Knight on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:09pm CST

However I have to say that they did have KO Metroplex and Metrotitan for sale before the Encore version was out - is it possible an inexperienced staff member grabbed one of the KOs that was in storage not realising is was a KO?

I dunno, but I'll be giving my Metro the beady when I get home.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854475)
Posted by ponycorn on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:31pm CST
Curious if the KO went so far as to have a HasTak on the toy itself. No mention is made of the stamp on the toy.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854478)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 22nd, 2008 @ 2:37pm CST
Craven Knight wrote:The TFSource folks seem pretty straight up to me, I can't imagine that they'd try and swindle someone - they are an established online store and a bad rep would destroy them.

I dunno, but I'll be giving my Metro the beady when I get home.

Well this is what happened, TF Source ordered a shipment of Encore Metroplex and received KOs in Encore packaging instead.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854519)
Posted by Craven Knight on December 22nd, 2008 @ 3:28pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:They must have not noticed that those were KOs, remember that rumour we had a while ago as Encore Metroplex was announced that we would be seeing the rest of the KO Metroplexes in Encore boxes?

That's certainly plausable, man - I'll be interested to see how the TFSource team deals with this.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854531)
Posted by Cyberstrike on December 22nd, 2008 @ 3:56pm CST
I was planning on getting Encore Sky Lynx, Metroplex, and Omega Supreme (in that order) starting in the very near future from BBTS, so thanks for the heads up!
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854596)
Posted by capellamusic on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:27pm CST
Ok, this IS bad... At least I've checked my Metroplex and it's a genuine Encore. But this is bad news that they started making KOs for new releases as well. It's amazing that we can't even buy our loved toys in peace of mind... KOs should never get passed as genuine products, there should always be some easy distinction. For example, the Mashin Eiyuden Wataru 2 KOs are easy to distinguish because they placed "Rare Col." and another logo in place of the Takara logo. I'm not totally against KOs, only when they're passed as genuine products cheating people like this KO Encore Metroplex...
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854619)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:52pm CST
Has Encore Sky Lynx been pirated in Encore packaging tooƉ
Because I really still want him and now I`m feeling too paranoid to buy...
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854621)
Posted by breakthru on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:52pm CST
Luckily mine is the real deal but I think this is shocking. Even the Encore's aren't safe now from damn KO's :-(

Thanks for the info. Very interesting and helpful.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854625)
Posted by nemesis-prime on December 22nd, 2008 @ 5:55pm CST
good for the tip i was gonna get him when it was on sale but now ill pass.........at least my encore omega supreme is lagit...now the only big ko i'll be forced to get is one of fortress maximus if there is one.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854629)
Posted by torgo1 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 6:02pm CST
hmmm...
Mine bears the "H2208" mark of the beast but doesn't have the lines around it. My eyes aren't keen enough to tell if there is any yellow overlay on the grid, but all the TakaraTomy labels look good. I opened mine to check and it does have the rivets on the wheels. I never had Metroplex, were his legs kind of loose where they snapped together up near the knee?
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854639)
Posted by Dread_Wing on December 22nd, 2008 @ 6:25pm CST
torgo1 wrote:hmmm...

The joints should all be pretty solid, my G1 Metroplex is still tight after all these years. Sounds like you could have one of the KO's. This is despicable.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854648)
Posted by muswp1 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 7:04pm CST
I hope Takara/Tomy takes action on this. This is ridiculous. Good thing I didn't order one myself.

Has anybody contacted TF Source about this??
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854653)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 22nd, 2008 @ 7:18pm CST
Holy fkn sh*t! Even Encore? BTW, my Encore's quality indeed is waaaaayyyyyyy different from the original. The black plastic is not as glossy as the G1 80's version. The KO is glossy.............so that's the difference. Same with Scamper, his shiny is dull.
Re: Warrning: Is your Encore Metroplex a KO? (854659)
Posted by Zeds on December 22nd, 2008 @ 7:27pm CST
We should allow TFSource to comment on this before berating them further. I have a high level of confidence in them and they would not have done this intentionally IMHO. They are in the business to keep their customers happy and they would not ruin their reputation over something like this.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars SILVERBOLT MIB Superion 2014 - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Combiner Wars-OFFROAD - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 11 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Universe DROPSHOT New Voyager Class NEW in box - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 28 minutes 20 seconds
Grimlock Windcharger Battle Ravage Shockblast Alternators 9-12 Transformers MISP - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 43 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Combiner Wars-BREAKDOWN - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 31 minutes 10 seconds
1988 Takara Transformers Japan Sixknight Six Knight Quickswitch Not Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 31 minutes 25 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT BOTS IRON HIDE AND STARSCREAM, UNOPENED - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 4 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Age Of Extinction Strafe Evolution 2-Pack DLX Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 4 minutes 56 seconds
Website Security Test