Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks

Transformers News: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 9:14PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 19,445

Here is a reminder of which characters are featured in wave 2.

• Sunstreaker
  • Decepticon Skalor
  • Trailbreaker
  • Autobot Seaspray
  • Scattershot
  • Autobot Wheelie
  • Frostbite
  • Skimmer
  • Decepticon Blackarachnia
  • Decepticon Runamuck
  • Autobot Gears
  • Fuselage

Transformers News: Re: Kre-O MV4 Micro Changer Wave 2 Lineup & Photo
Credit(s): Hobbybase Facebook
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591264)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 16th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
I might just buy a whole case, if that's what they're going to do...
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591266)
Posted by Fc203 on July 16th, 2014 @ 9:25pm CDT
Where's this at :-(
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591267)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 16th, 2014 @ 9:28pm CDT
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591268)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 16th, 2014 @ 9:31pm CDT
Fc203 wrote:Where's this at :-(

Hong Kong
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591269)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 16th, 2014 @ 9:32pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:do people not feel the bags? i have become a master with lego mini figures so i dont see why you could not do the same with these.

Nope that was the beauty of the codes.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591271)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 16th, 2014 @ 10:03pm CDT
Man, they just keep mucking up this line worse and worse. TRU-only, a bunch of wrong faction symbols, now they're taking away the easy-to-identify codes...

Granted I already have to resort to eBay/secondhand online venues for these things as it is, so it being truly blind bagged isn't directly that big of a deal, but seeing how the current AoE wave guys go for $8+ I'm kinda dreading the effect there.

Considering half the Kreons this wave use the same two helmets, that might not exactly be so easy.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591273)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 16th, 2014 @ 10:04pm CDT
Only one i wanted was Blackarachnia but i guess i wont even bother now
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591277)
Posted by zodconvoy on July 16th, 2014 @ 10:08pm CDT
Well, shit. I only really wanted Wheelie and maybe Sunstreaker, Gears, and Seaspray. Now I'm going to end up with a dozen Skalors.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591283)
Posted by MCutter on July 16th, 2014 @ 10:40pm CDT
This is more than a bit annoying since the bag-in-a-bag packaging makes feeling them tricky. Any word if there will be code bumps along the bottom of the bag like Lego does?
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591284)
Posted by morqubus on July 16th, 2014 @ 10:53pm CDT
No thanks DONE.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591299)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 17th, 2014 @ 12:45am CDT
Hate to say it but I'm done if this is true. There's no way I'm gonna take a chance and guess or pay a premium online to cover the inconvenience of someone opening a bag and looking. Bad enough I'm going to have to go that route for wave two, or is it three, the one with Powerglide
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591304)
Posted by leokearon on July 17th, 2014 @ 1:19am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:The Hobbybase Facebook page is reporting that the wave 2 of the Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers do not feature the handy codes that is used to identify which character you are buying. Will this prevent you from buying future waves of Micro Changers or will this just intensify the hunt for you? Sound off in the Energon Pub.

Here is a reminder of which characters are featured in wave 2.

• Sunstreaker
  • Decepticon Skalor
  • Trailbreaker
  • Autobot Seaspray
  • Scattershot
  • Autobot Wheelie
  • Frostbite
  • Skimmer
  • Decepticon Blackarachnia
  • Decepticon Runamuck
  • Autobot Gears
  • Fuselage

They did this with the first wave in Europe as well. Hasbro lost money from me again with their awful AOE line
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591335)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 17th, 2014 @ 6:41am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Nope that was the beauty of the codes.

early days of the lego mini figures we had codes too and people just started feeling the bags. it really is not hard. just feel for a unique part, or a unique combination of parts. like lets say there are 2 guys with the same helmet, they might not have the same gun or something. look for the different gun. lego people went through what you guys are going though a long time ago and we get by just fine.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591348)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on July 17th, 2014 @ 7:59am CDT
You can't feel these like Lego, as Kre-o uses more basic parts. Lego uses more custom made parts for the figures and much easier to figure out. But this doesn't matter much, as they seem so hard to fine on shelves anymore and only at Toys R Us. So, I just pick the ones I want off E-Bay and save my time and gas. Oh well! >:oP
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591349)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 17th, 2014 @ 8:03am CDT
Yeah, forget that.

There were even additional characters I would grab that I didn't originally want just because I knew who was in the bag and was able to decide on the spot.

But totally blind guessing? I'll just save my money. :-(
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591370)
Posted by roughhouse on July 17th, 2014 @ 9:03am CDT
That sucks, but if someone is picking up a case I am happy to go in together and split the bounty. PM if or when this happens and we can work out the details.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591377)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 17th, 2014 @ 9:58am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:But totally blind guessing? I'll just save my money. :-(

Here's an idea: bag swapping. What I'd do is grab some baggies on a regular basis, and trade the doubles for ones I don't have. Like we all have done with like presents in cereals or snacks when we were young (like the Dutch and Belgian youth with Flippo's :lol: ).

If mailing isn't a problem for you guys maybe we can start a Kre-O Microchanger Trading Thread in the B/S/T forum?
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1591534)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 18th, 2014 @ 12:45am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:But totally blind guessing? I'll just save my money. :-(

That's a great idea but there's two problems:

1) how would shipping be handled?

Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1606143)
Posted by philswitch engage on September 13th, 2014 @ 4:56pm CDT
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1606198)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 13th, 2014 @ 11:19pm CDT
philswitch engage wrote:I wasn't sure if the news about the new micro changers being totally blind bags was true until today. I found the newest wave of GI Joe blind packs, and these are totally blind bags. In fact of the. 3 I got I already have a double.

I'm just throwing up my hands at this point and saying I'm done. Not worth the effort.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1606262)
Posted by ScottyP on September 14th, 2014 @ 10:50am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:2) there aren't even case assortments so say Sunstreaker might be rarer and then the question is raised is it worth an even trade with a Gears?

Maybe it'll be different now that they're "true" blind bags, but from Wave 2 of the TF Kreons all through movie Wave 1, every case I saw, either purchased or freshly put on store shelves, had 2 of each Kreon.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1606410)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 15th, 2014 @ 12:37am CDT
ScottyP wrote:

I can tell you that was not the case as I know Kup was short packed in whatever wave it was in. I only know this because I tried to look for fellow WOJM host Mike and he clued me in.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1606413)
Posted by MCutter on September 15th, 2014 @ 1:34am CDT
Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've found two of each character per box in every wave after the Preview.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1606466)
Posted by ScottyP on September 15th, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Weird, I split that wave case with someone and the box had exactly two full sets. Could be mistakes made here and there I suppose.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1606655)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 16th, 2014 @ 2:22am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

That's a possibility as I can't see Hasbro paying people to stuff boxes and make sure there's one of every figure.
Re: Wave 2 Kre-O Age of Extinction Micro Changers Become True Blindpacks (1607118)
Posted by addemlit on September 17th, 2014 @ 11:53pm CDT
Does anyone have a Fuselage or Wheelie to trade/sell? I have about 5 different characters from this wave if anyone is interested.