Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details

Transformers News: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details

Saturday, November 9th, 2013 10:22AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,535

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to the Hobby Ark Toy Store facebook page we have details on the previously reported Year of the Horse Optimus Prime and Starscream. Optimus Prime will be the MP-10 mold will feature gold smokestacks, grill, and windows, metallic paints applications, and special Year of the Horse faction symbol. Starscream will use the Cybertron Supreme Class Starscream mold and will feature metallic paint applications. Both come in the special collectors packaging. The images below are just for reference.

reorder for Transformers Platinum Series Year Of Horse Supreme Starscream, Price=SGD$135, ETA=Dec13/Jan14

*Various metallic paint application to the figure
*Special edition box
*Supreme class figure


Transformers News: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details

Preorder for Transformers Platinum Series Year Of Horse Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime, Price=SGD$160, ETA=Dec13/Jan14

*Smokestack, grill and window in Gold colour
*Various metallic paint application
*Special "Autobot Year of Horse" faction logo
*Special edition box
*Masterpiece figure


Transformers News: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details
Credit(s): Hobby Ark Toy Store
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528863)
Posted by megatronus on November 9th, 2013 @ 10:37am CST
Let's see some mockups!
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528866)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 9th, 2013 @ 11:02am CST
No weird enough for me. >:oP
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528869)
Posted by Deathsanras on November 9th, 2013 @ 11:19am CST
At that price, one assumes MP-10 will be trailer-less.
Totally bought.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528870)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 9th, 2013 @ 11:33am CST
So as we see, speculation of this being based on RID or Cybertron Optimus was BS and the original assumption that this was based on MP 10 is proven.
Sounds interesting, but not something I would want, I would say the gold chrome parts of this version would go nicely with a Nemesis repaint.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528881)
Posted by Stumpybot on November 9th, 2013 @ 1:19pm CST
this is quite funny only because the supreme starscream that i bought from ebay complete for £25 last month doesnt need a $100 paint job
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528885)
Posted by SJ21 on November 9th, 2013 @ 1:47pm CST
I don't think I need Prime with gold trim. Seems silly.
I
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528890)
Posted by Kibble on November 9th, 2013 @ 2:33pm CST
Prime sounds like a bust... Was hoping it would be the same as TRU MP Prime, just with a different box.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528894)
Posted by funkmasterke on November 9th, 2013 @ 3:05pm CST
Wow the year of the horse prime sounds like he was designed by a Persian nightclub owner.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528895)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 9th, 2013 @ 3:07pm CST
These figures are pure collectors pieces. Pass and pass. =;
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528897)
Posted by Mkall on November 9th, 2013 @ 3:27pm CST
Thankfully neither of these are of any interest to me.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528915)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 9th, 2013 @ 5:44pm CST
I know we didn't get a redecoed Cohrada for Year of the Snake, but it seems like a shiny new Mach Kick should be part of these festivities.

Maybe it's just because the Omega Supreme remold was way more worthwhile than these two.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528916)
Posted by mooncake623 on November 9th, 2013 @ 5:51pm CST
I just mentally brought the Prime. Now just waiting to get it in hand.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528921)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 9th, 2013 @ 7:19pm CST
I think Prime sounds neat.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528924)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2013 @ 7:31pm CST
So much the original TRU.com listing mentioning batteries for Optimus. :roll:
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528928)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 9th, 2013 @ 7:55pm CST
The GF Starscream mold is one of the best representations of the schemer. Though I own the smaller non electronic version, this is good for those who missed the boat.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1528971)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 10th, 2013 @ 1:52am CST
Dear God I want that Starscream.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529034)
Posted by Crystiallic on November 10th, 2013 @ 2:07pm CST
I still remember how nice a $30 year of dragon ultimate OP was. So amazon, please please. :twisted:
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529077)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 10th, 2013 @ 5:58pm CST
*reads the info about Starscream* *crosses fingers* Please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release... :PRAY:
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529088)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 10th, 2013 @ 7:34pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:*reads the info about Starscream* *crosses fingers* Please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release... :PRAY:
Every Platinum Edition toy has been released in the U.S., why would Starscream be different?
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529089)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 10th, 2013 @ 7:36pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:*reads the info about Starscream* *crosses fingers* Please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release... :PRAY:
Every Platinum Edition toy has been released in the U.S., why would Starscream be different?


Wait, the Year of the Whatevers are part of the Platinum Editions?

This changes everything.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529092)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 10th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:*reads the info about Starscream* *crosses fingers* Please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release... :PRAY:
Every Platinum Edition toy has been released in the U.S., why would Starscream be different?


Wait, the Year of the Whatevers are part of the Platinum Editions?

This changes everything.
Yes. The Energon Omega and Optimus redecos were Year of the Snake.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529093)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 10th, 2013 @ 7:50pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:*reads the info about Starscream* *crosses fingers* Please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release... :PRAY:
Every Platinum Edition toy has been released in the U.S., why would Starscream be different?


Wait, the Year of the Whatevers are part of the Platinum Editions?

This changes everything.
Yes. The Energon Omega and Optimus redecos were Year of the Snake.


Are you sure they're in US retail? All I've seen are Ultra Magnus and Grimlock versus Bruticus set. No Omega Supreme or Optimus Prime.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529099)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 10th, 2013 @ 7:58pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:*reads the info about Starscream* *crosses fingers* Please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release... :PRAY:
Every Platinum Edition toy has been released in the U.S., why would Starscream be different?


Wait, the Year of the Whatevers are part of the Platinum Editions?

This changes everything.
Yes. The Energon Omega and Optimus redecos were Year of the Snake.


Are you sure they're in US retail? All I've seen are Ultra Magnus and Grimlock versus Bruticus set. No Omega Supreme or Optimus Prime.
They were sold as online exclusives. Amazon and BBTS are U.S. retailers. ;)

Though, Canada did get them both at their brick-and-mortar Toys"R"Us stores.
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529100)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 10th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:*reads the info about Starscream* *crosses fingers* Please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release, please see a US retail release... :PRAY:
Every Platinum Edition toy has been released in the U.S., why would Starscream be different?


Wait, the Year of the Whatevers are part of the Platinum Editions?

This changes everything.
Yes. The Energon Omega and Optimus redecos were Year of the Snake.


Are you sure they're in US retail? All I've seen are Ultra Magnus and Grimlock versus Bruticus set. No Omega Supreme or Optimus Prime.
They were sold as online exclusives. Amazon and BBTS are U.S. retailers. ;)

Though, Canada did get them both at their brick-and-mortar Toys"R"Us stores.


Then I guess I'm moving to Canada, if I want to see these in-stores. :-(
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529102)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 10th, 2013 @ 8:08pm CST
Who knows what the future holds for these two.

Though, the original listings for these did come from TRU.com, so there's a chance these might turn up at TRU stores like Bruticus/Grimlock and Ultra Magnus. ;)
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529161)
Posted by Shadowstream on November 11th, 2013 @ 4:23am CST
I can't imagine for the life of me why the hell supreme Starscream is even remotely appealing. I regretted buying the original from day 1, and quickly went out of my way to get the Galaxy Force version to replace that massive waste of space!
Re: Year of the Horse MP10 Optimus Prime & Supreme Cybertron Starscream Details (1529172)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 11th, 2013 @ 7:30am CST
Shadowstream wrote:I can't imagine for the life of me why the hell supreme Starscream is even remotely appealing. I regretted buying the original from day 1, and quickly went out of my way to get the Galaxy Force version to replace that massive waste of space!


Well, in that case, if you still have the Supreme Cybertron toy, I'll happily take if off your hands for a couple dollars. 8-}
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014