Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs

Transformers News: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs

Sunday, January 26th, 2014 2:42AM CST

Categories: Sightings, Store News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 19,488

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

An anonymous news submission has provided visual proof of the first US retail sighting of the Year Of The Horse exclusive Supreme Class Starscream. It was located in Burbank California, apparently and it's price is set at $109.99

It should be seeing nationwide distribution within a few weeks to a month, so keep an eye out and post your sightings for all to see!

Transformers News: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545234)
Posted by Aladar on January 26th, 2014 @ 11:09am CST
(whimpers like a puppy) :BOOM: :twisted:
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545236)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 26th, 2014 @ 11:19am CST
LOL $100 i dont frakin think so. Ive always wanted to get that mold but ill just go on ebay and try & find one for a hell of a lot cheaper than that. Not paying thst much for a repaint. Looks like TRU is getting more shelf warmers, i dont think my local tru has sold even one of the predaking sets or acid storm. they even have a good amount of MP soundwaves.
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545255)
Posted by Spleenzorio on January 26th, 2014 @ 12:15pm CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:LOL $100 i dont frakin think so. Ive always wanted to get that mold but ill just go on ebay and try & find one for a hell of a lot cheaper than that. Not paying thst much for a repaint. Looks like TRU is getting more shelf warmers, i dont think my local tru has sold even one of the predaking sets or acid storm. they even have a good amount of MP soundwaves.



Probably because everyone who wanted one ordered them online.

Also good luck finding Supreme Starscream for under 100 bucks unless you want a loose one.
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545262)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on January 26th, 2014 @ 12:52pm CST
Good luck moving those at that price. I might have gone as high as $60, but I wouldn't even need the crown or missile. Maybe if he clearances heavily, maybe $40.
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545296)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CST
Supreme class toy prices have gone up over the years, thank you inflation. :roll:
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545309)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 26th, 2014 @ 3:34pm CST
i have the cybertron one but i want this one
because of the color scheme
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545310)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 26th, 2014 @ 3:43pm CST
so they had year of the dragon, year of the snake and now year of the horse whats next year of the goat?
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545313)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2014 @ 3:49pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:so they had year of the dragon, year of the snake and now year of the horse whats next year of the goat?


In theory, yes! :D



I wonder what figures they'll use then.. :-?
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545314)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2014 @ 3:49pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:so they had year of the dragon, year of the snake and now year of the horse whats next year of the goat?
Here's a chart showing the order and the figures released thus far:

2012 - Year of the Dragon - DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime (redeco)
2013 - Year of the Snake - Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme (Energon toy redecos)
2014 - Year of the Horse - Platinum Edition Optimus Prime (MP-10 Convoy redeco) and Supreme Starscream (Cybertron toy redeco)
2015 - Year of the Goat/Ram/Sheep
2016 - Year of the Monkey
2017 - Year of the Rooster
2018 - Year of the Dog
2019 - Year of the Pig/Boar
2020 - Year of the Rat
2021 - Year of the Ox
2022 - Year of the Tiger
2023 - Year of the Rabbit
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545381)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 26th, 2014 @ 11:27pm CST
Will TRU be carrying the YotH MP-10 repaint as well? Now THAT might be a shelfwarmer. Optimus Prime with wrong colors is a hard sell for collectors, who are really the only customer for goods at these prices. If I had to chose just ONE of this year's two (so far) Platinum Edition offerings, it would be Starscream by a mile, even if I didn't already have the domestic release of MP-10 arelady.
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545390)
Posted by Seibertron on January 27th, 2014 @ 1:26am CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:they even have a good amount of MP soundwaves.


Seriously? If you only knew how many emails we get at Seibertron.com with people complaining that they can't find one. I haven't seen one in stores since last September. Any chance you could help some fans out by listing letting people know in our Buy/Sell/Trade forum to help move the products that are "shelf warming" that are so highly desired? I bet you you'd make some fans really happy.
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545439)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 27th, 2014 @ 9:32am CST
Sabrblade wrote:2016 - Year of the Monkey


2016 is also the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars. It would take a complete moron to miss that opportunity. If that monkey isn't Optimus Primal (or at least some variation), Takara will be rendered to near-Hasbro levels of incompetency.
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545458)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 27th, 2014 @ 10:21am CST
So what are they gonna do for 2015, Year of the Sheep?
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545564)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 27th, 2014 @ 5:48pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:2016 - Year of the Monkey


2016 is also the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars. It would take a complete moron to miss that opportunity. If that monkey isn't Optimus Primal (or at least some variation), Takara will be rendered to near-Hasbro levels of incompetency.
Why Takara? It's Hasbro Asia who does these toys.

As for who, Optimus Minor's a monkey so he'd work. :P


But in all seriousness, the best choice I could see working would be Optimal Optimus, perhaps colored more G1 Optimus-y than Primal Prime was. ;)
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545565)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 27th, 2014 @ 5:49pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:2016 - Year of the Monkey


2016 is also the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars. It would take a complete moron to miss that opportunity. If that monkey isn't Optimus Primal (or at least some variation), Takara will be rendered to near-Hasbro levels of incompetency.
Why Takara? It's Hasbro Asia who does these toys.

As for who, Optimus Minor's a monkey so he'd work. :P


But in all seriousness, the best choice I could see working would be Optimal Optimus, perhaps colored more G1 Optimus-y than Primal Prime was. ;)
Re: Year Of The Horse Starscream Released At US TRUs (1545828)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 28th, 2014 @ 3:07pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:they even have a good amount of MP soundwaves.


Seriously? If you only knew how many emails we get at Seibertron.com with people complaining that they can't find one. I haven't seen one in stores since last September. Any chance you could help some fans out by listing letting people know in our Buy/Sell/Trade forum to help move the products that are "shelf warming" that are so highly desired? I bet you you'd make some fans really happy.


Really? People email you guys about not being able to find a toy? I don't get it. why for counseling?

No more Soundwaves in NYC TS but plenty of shelfwarming acidstorms still.