Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison

Transformers News: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison

Tuesday, November 25th, 2008 10:30AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 31,553

Tformers.com has a new image of TF:ROTF Soundwave which gives us our first look at it's size. It seems to be around Voyager class, oh did we mention that he's posed next to G1 Soundwave? Well now you know!
The image has a watermark reading DAVE'S TOYLET but the website this belongs to is still to be found.

See the image by clicking here.

{L_IMAGE}

And we also have a very clear close-up of his face, courtesy of S250!

{L_IMAGE}

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news.
Credit(s): El Duque, tformers.com, Dave's toylet, S250

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839898)
Posted by zero-kaiser on November 25th, 2008 @ 10:37am CST
hmm... deluxe or voyager class it still looks kinda, simple.. it might just be me..

dont get me wrong i still think it looks cool.. but theres just something about it that strikes me as abit odd :s
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839901)
Posted by El Duque on November 25th, 2008 @ 10:42am CST
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839902)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 25th, 2008 @ 10:44am CST
El Duque wrote:Voyager? G1 Soundwave is about the size of a current voyager and this guy looks considerably smaller unless you consider those wing things. I'm still going with deluxe protoform.

Lol thanks for pointing that out. I have no idea how I managed to write Voyager insted of deluxe.....
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839903)
Posted by Skowl on November 25th, 2008 @ 10:46am CST
He might be a Voyager toy, not because of his height but because of the overall mass of the toy. Blackout was no bigger than a deluxe figure, but he was bulky and lots of parts. Soundwave may be short, but it looks like he has too much extra stuff to be a deluxe figure.

And don't forget this nice close-up of his face, courtesy of S250!

Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839904)
Posted by Canyon Crawler on November 25th, 2008 @ 10:48am CST
It might just be me but it looks like the deluxe size of TF. I'm w/Zero-Kaiser and El Duque. :-?
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839907)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 25th, 2008 @ 10:52am CST
Actually he looks more like a Voyager now. I mean yesterday we had pics of his back that show us that it is massive then we have his wing things this guys has more mass then any other deluxe. I'm re-updating the article.

Skowl, that pic is awesome!
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839909)
Posted by Roadbuster on November 25th, 2008 @ 11:00am CST
I love the headscuplt for Soundwave. It's very G1-ish with a mix of movie designs. I really don't think we should get angry over this. We may yet see another class movie Soundwave figure in a larger size. Hasbro knows how popular Soundwave has been, historically. They gave Brawl a leader-class toy when he was released as a deluxe originally. I can easily see Soundwave being made a voyager-class figure as well, if that is in fact a deluxe class.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839910)
Posted by El Duque on November 25th, 2008 @ 11:02am CST
Who knows, it's hard to tell anymore. Like someone pointed out Blackout is pretty small for a voyager, then you've deluxe TFA Lockdown to towers over a lot of voyagers. I'm hoping this is an early release deluxe protoform figure like Prime and Starcream from the last movie.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839911)
Posted by roy_flagg00 on November 25th, 2008 @ 11:12am CST
Look! Here is a shot of the new Shockwave toy for the movie.
It looks a bit mis-transformed, but still I think it's a great mold!
You know the Gee-Wun whiners are going to be critical, but nothing makes them happy.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839912)
Posted by Hard Hacker on November 25th, 2008 @ 11:15am CST
The face implies Soundwave without being a carbon-copy of the G1 look. Very nice.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839913)
Posted by El Duque on November 25th, 2008 @ 11:17am CST
roy_flagg00 wrote:Look! Here is a shot of the new Shockwave toy for the movie.
It looks a bit mis-transformed, but still I think it's a great mold!

I'm from the G1 era and I have no problem with the mold. I think making his alt mode a satellie is a good idea. And I appreciate the G1-ish face mold.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839917)
Posted by Lady Starscream on November 25th, 2008 @ 11:19am CST
At least the head is kind of close to the orginal Soundwave... I'm still a bit leery with all the new designs though. I was so hoping the last movie that the mysterious boombox that turned out to be Frenzy would be Soundwave... oh well. I suppose I should just be happy that Soundwave will be in this movie... now all we need is Shockwave! XD
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839928)
Posted by Skowl on November 25th, 2008 @ 11:53am CST
TF08.net has posted more images of the new "Revenge of the Fallen" Soundwave figure.

If you are a member of Yizhi521's forum, you can see the images here.

Or you can view the mirrored images over at Superherohype.com by clicking here.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839931)
Posted by El Duque on November 25th, 2008 @ 12:01pm CST
I guess that sort of looks like a satellite. They can get away with a lot with his alt mode since satellites vary so much in their appearance.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839946)
Posted by DMSL on November 25th, 2008 @ 12:35pm CST
You have got to be kidding me, why is he a deluxe? Why not voyager or leader? Can't Hasbro for once make a line with figures that are to scale?
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (839976)
Posted by Sherade on November 25th, 2008 @ 1:51pm CST
*Insert girly squeal*
I can't say I can complain.
Liking the resemblance, and the unique alt.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (840004)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 25th, 2008 @ 2:23pm CST
Im not liken it. Looks like some kind of anime robot reject. So if theres no tapedeck thing then where does Ravage eject from? Actually i dont want to know.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (840006)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 25th, 2008 @ 2:25pm CST
Id say deluxe. I dont think he has enough weight to be voyager. Voyager animated Megatron is about the size of a deluxe but he's heavy. Lockdown in robot mode is bigger but is still a deluxe cause of his mass. So im saying this ones a deluxe.
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (840012)
Posted by Valandar on November 25th, 2008 @ 2:39pm CST
According to the size comparisons with Bumblebee and Barricade from the first movie, this is definitely a Deluxe. Yes, it's bulkier than they are, but it's also significantly shorter than other Deluxes.

10:1 it's a "protoform"
Re: Yet another Soundwave pic, with G1 size comparison (840020)
Posted by Prime's Trailer on November 25th, 2008 @ 2:48pm CST
I hope Dave doesn't drop him down the toylet.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron [Premium Lemans Blue] - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 50 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class - BUMBLEBEE Wal-Mart Exclusive Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 35 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers G1 Decepticon Menasor - Stunticons and Combiner Wars! - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 53 minutes 5 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 MOVIE BRAWL DECEPTICON DELUXE CLASS 100% COMPLETE LOOSE - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 41 minutes 42 seconds
ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 42 minutes 4 seconds
Universal Studios Transformers Deluxe Class Optimus Prime Exclusive Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 42 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Foc Generations JAZZ Mosc New Hasbro Autobot Jazz Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 13 minutes 16 seconds
G1 Transformers Victory Brainmaster C-322: Braver C-322 MINT IN UNOPENED BOX - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 43 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016