z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video

Transformers News: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video

Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 11:56PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 46,749

Earlier this summer, one of the rarest Transformers pieces hit eBay and sold for a staggering $26,815.00! That item? The unreleased Generation 2 Menasor/Stunticons set! That one certainly turned heads, but the seller z75sales wasn't done, not by a long shot. He's acquired a rather sizable collection of items from an ex Hasbro employee, items that contain rarities, prototypes and mock ups just to give you an idea.

In fact, the same seller just recently posted an auction for the unreleased G2 Megatron, the mold that became G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen.

z75sales posted a couple of teaser videos on YouTube showing off this massive assortment of shipping boxes, filled with Hasbro and Kenner (which became a part of Hasbro several years ago) products that have yet to see the light of day. The second video even showcases an all black and orange prototype of Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus!

You can see all of their auction listings by clicking here, and while you're there, go ahead and bookmark it because you don't want to miss what he has coming next!

Credit(s): z75sales
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600864)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 21st, 2014 @ 4:12am CDT
I'm kinda glad he never posted in the "Transformers Toys Haul" thread...

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600890)
Posted by megatronus on August 21st, 2014 @ 7:56am CDT

I wonder how much z75sales paid for all of that product.
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600892)
Posted by shajaki on August 21st, 2014 @ 8:17am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm kinda glad he never posted in the "Transformers Toys Haul" thread...

:BANG_HEAD:
:lol:
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600904)
Posted by Neurie on August 21st, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600917)
Posted by Ravage XK on August 21st, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
Neurie wrote:Any one get the feeling some Hasbro Engineers widow just got fleeced out of a lot of money?

I do.
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600932)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 21st, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
megatronus wrote:This person (these people?) certainly have a flair for building hype. Wish I could have a former Hasbro engineer hookup...

I wonder how much z75sales paid for all of that product.

Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600942)
Posted by ScottyP on August 21st, 2014 @ 11:14am CDT

If so, it's their own fault because...

mooncake623 wrote:My understanding is he is selling for the estate. I'm sure he's getting so sort of percentage for doing so but the stuff is not his...? correct me if I'm wrong.

This would be the smart way to do it. The eBay seller is probably brokering the deal and gets a certain percentage of the sale amount.

I don't know this to be true, but it would make the most sense.
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1600972)
Posted by triKlops on August 21st, 2014 @ 11:46am CDT
Amazing finds; really great to see this stuff documented! :HEADHURTS:
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601031)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 21st, 2014 @ 3:31pm CDT
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601034)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 21st, 2014 @ 3:36pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:this guy & whoever buys this stuff sickens me, it should be donated to botcon & put on display so everyone can see them. Either that or auction them off and donate all the profits to a charity like st.jude not sold to some rich douchebag with way to much disposable income.

That's a very uneducated statement to make. How do you know how rich this guy is or where they stand financially? Also Botcon? Because Botcon is a non-profit organization?
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601046)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Or how about getting items like these into the hands of someone who photographs Transformers for a living so that these items can be shared with the rest of the world? ;)
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601074)
Posted by ScottyP on August 21st, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT

No need to be angry about it man. I can't afford this stuff either, but I don't begrudge anyone picking this stuff up for a moment just because they can. I'll share my chill pills if you'd like one.
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601082)
Posted by Janitor on August 21st, 2014 @ 7:00pm CDT

:roll:
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601095)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 21st, 2014 @ 8:09pm CDT
I think i'll start following this seller.
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601124)
Posted by Deadput on August 22nd, 2014 @ 12:51am CDT

So give them to Bot con so they can be trashed out after words?

Nah i think the best thing is either doing what he is doing right now or give them to a site like Seibertron so we can get photos

actually can any one on seibertron buy a few of these and either give or let the person who takes the galleries images (who is amazing by the way) borrow the the figures and take pictures for them.

Wish i had the money and means to get them and donate them to you Seibertron.
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601128)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:24am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

Or maybe a video reviewer too? :grin:
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601166)
Posted by megatronus on August 22nd, 2014 @ 6:15am CDT

:roll:

Looks like you went to a lot of trouble to figure all this out, huh?

Wait, I need to do it again:

:roll:
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601268)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:16pm CDT
Earlier this week we've reported on z75sales's Collection preview here. Well today we get to see the boxing of some awesomely Sealed G1 figures. We've embedded the video below! Enjoy!

You can see all of their auction listings by clicking here but at this time the G1 figures has not been listed yet.

Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601275)
Posted by Seibertron on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:33pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

This collection of G1 figures are interesting. It should be noted that all of them were used in the European Classics line or the Generation 2 line, with the exception of a small handful such as Dreadwind, Darkwing, Cyclonus, Blitzwing, the Cassettes, Soundwave, and maybe a couple of others. I wonder if they had plans to release those figures in some other way or what the intention with these was.
Re: z75sales Hasbro Rarities Preview Video (1601287)
Posted by frogbat on August 22nd, 2014 @ 2:50pm CDT
If i were a multi millionaire I'd definitely go for these. I'd want to set up a transformers museum with a sample of each toy in each of its modes and also an original sealed in its box / on card.

Oh well, one can only help but admire how pristine those look and drool.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016