"Post Not Specified"

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

"Post Not Specified"

Postby Zombie Starscream » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:41 pm

Motto: "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sometimes whenever I tried to post something or create a topic more than a paragraph long, I get "Post Not Specified."
Is it mainly a problem with the forum program this site uses?
And is there a chance it might get fixed soon? I know this happens to a lot of people who post here, even the Mods and Site Admins., so I know I'm not the only one who has this problem.
I AM THAT WIERD FANGIRL YOU'VE HEARD OF.
Zombie Starscream
Godmaster
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Kennett Square Pa
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: "Post Not Specified"

Postby Bed Bugs » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
Zombie Starscream wrote:Sometimes whenever I tried to post something or create a topic more than a paragraph long, I get "Post Not Specified."
Is it mainly a problem with the forum program this site uses?
And is there a chance it might get fixed soon? I know this happens to a lot of people who post here, even the Mods and Site Admins., so I know I'm not the only one who has this problem.


I'm guessing that you forget to put a title in whenever you start a topic. That's the only explanation I can think of.
Image
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6543
News Credits: 46
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Under Your Bed at Botcon
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: "Post Not Specified"

Postby Predaprince » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Fender Bender wrote:
Zombie Starscream wrote:Sometimes whenever I tried to post something or create a topic more than a paragraph long, I get "Post Not Specified."
Is it mainly a problem with the forum program this site uses?
And is there a chance it might get fixed soon? I know this happens to a lot of people who post here, even the Mods and Site Admins., so I know I'm not the only one who has this problem.


I'm guessing that you forget to put a title in whenever you start a topic. That's the only explanation I can think of.


Yep, it is due to having the Subject line blank. It happened to me once and I've kept it in mind ever since.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Zombie Starscream » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:33 am

Motto: "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Would I still have to put in the subject in the subject line even if I'm just submitting a reply?
I AM THAT WIERD FANGIRL YOU'VE HEARD OF.
Zombie Starscream
Godmaster
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Kennett Square Pa
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Predaprince » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:02 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Zombie Starscream wrote:Would I still have to put in the subject in the subject line even if I'm just submitting a reply?


No, that normally isn't needed since the reply contains the correct sequence of cookies to add it to the correct thread. If you get the message from replying to a thread, then it must be due to an internal cookie error, which is rare but probable.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby DISCHARGE » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:33 am

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
I don't think it's the subject line.
Only when starting a new thread.
This happens when you take too long answering a post before submitting. There seems to be a time limit.
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2844
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Postby AfterImage » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:41 am

Yeah. I've been having trouble with this a bit lately, but only for relatively long, wordy posts.

Which is annoying, because those are the most fun.
AfterImage
Brainmaster
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:02 pm

Postby Predaprince » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
DISCHARGE wrote:I don't think it's the subject line.
Only when starting a new thread.
This happens when you take too long answering a post before submitting. There seems to be a time limit.


Well, then I don't know about it with replying.

It only happened to me once with the new thread from blank subject line, but I haven't had it happen to me from replying yet.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Zombie Starscream » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:20 pm

Motto: "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
How long is the time limit?
I AM THAT WIERD FANGIRL YOU'VE HEARD OF.
Zombie Starscream
Godmaster
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Kennett Square Pa
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5


Return to General Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers DOTM Human Alliance Autobot Wrecker "Leadfoot" NIP OOP - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 hours 27 minutes 33 seconds
2015 Transformers BotCon G1 Megatron Autographed by Frank Welker 17"x11" Print - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 29 minutes 9 seconds
Brand New Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Classic Child Costume - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 33 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 1989 G1 STUNTICON DRAG STRIP MENASOR FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 47 minutes 28 seconds
Megatron Transformers Cybertron Supreme Class Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 48 minutes 51 seconds
New Transformers Go! G20 Sensuimaru (japan import) Free Shipping - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 49 minutes 10 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe MISB Ramjet w/ Minicons Thunderclash Gunbarrel - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 7 minutes 14 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Fall of Cybertron FOC Generations Thundercracker figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 9 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes
Twincast / Podcast #174:
"Autobot Jedi Newtypes"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, May 8th, 2017
Website Security Test