2016 Generations Platinum sets

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Tyrannacon » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Motto: "Decepticons Forever!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Yeah. The package art is absolutely gorgeous. Sadly I am divided, I want to get Unicron or Devastator for the holidays. I'm going to try to go for UW/Takara release, but I might have to go with Hasbro. It's contingent on my available funds and gift money and if UW goes on sale where I've been watching it at. Hope I can land a good deal on this Platinum edition Unicron at some point too.
Image
User avatar
Tyrannacon
Targetmaster
Posts: 682
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:31 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio, USA
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Intergalactic Flying Space Tank of Death
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby ScottyP » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
nycPrime wrote:Does anyone remember what the price on the amazon exclusive was?
Got mine the day they became available via Amazon Prime, so went and searched my order history for it. It was $59.99. I thought it was much more than that for some reason. Hooray inflation + Platinum Edition arbitrary markup?
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
City Commander
Posts: 3665
News Credits: 234
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby RobRobRobRobRob » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:30 pm

You know, despite how much it looks like the amazon release, the amazon release is over $200. For someone like me who got into the game a bit late, this is a nice help to building a collection. Same thing I say for the Autobot Heroes Pack. Yes, there is a better Blurr, and there *probably* will be a new Kup in the near future, but for someone like me who needs to build up an army, this is a godsend.
RobRobRobRobRob
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Marcdachamp » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:32 pm

I know the Armada one was only $50, which is crazy to think. Doesn't seem THAT long ago.
Check out my webcomic, Kid Robo, every Monday at http://www.grayhavencomics.comImage
Marcdachamp
Pretender
Posts: 796
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby william-james88 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Marcdachamp wrote:I know the Armada one was only $50, which is crazy to think. Doesn't seem THAT long ago.

Its 13 years ago but inflation would only make it $65 today.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 17055
News Credits: 518
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby shajaki » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:50 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
For such minor changes, it bugs me how much I want this. But that solid hand is pretty awesome.

And I'm still dying to know.
Are. His. Eyes. GREEN??!
Come on over to my place! Put your feet up, crack a beer, and talk about stuff!
Image
Currently Seeking:

-Botcon BW Megatron, Waspinator, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak
-Beast Wars Returns Strika BR-13
-MP10A Bape Convoy(!!!!!)
Check out the MP gang here!
User avatar
shajaki
News Staff
Posts: 7161
News Credits: 207
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby nycPrime » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:02 pm

ScottyP wrote:
nycPrime wrote:Does anyone remember what the price on the amazon exclusive was?
Got mine the day they became available via Amazon Prime, so went and searched my order history for it. It was $59.99. I thought it was much more than that for some reason. Hooray inflation + Platinum Edition arbitrary markup?

Wow, from $60 to well over $100 ($170 on BBTS)? And based on user comments here, its basically the same figure with minor paint differences. This has 'price drop' written all over it. I'll roll the dice and wait for a better price.

Speaking of price drop, finally ordered the insecticons platinum set. BBTS dropped the price for Cyber Monday to $45, and since I have a POL with them, I finally pounced. Spending way too much money this weekend.
nycPrime
Combiner
Posts: 485
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:19 pm

nycPrime wrote:Speaking of price drop, finally ordered the insecticons platinum set. BBTS dropped the price for Cyber Monday to $45, and since I have a POL with them, I finally pounced. Spending way too much money this weekend.

That was an exceptionally shrewed purchase, congrats man!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 17055
News Credits: 518
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby BattleConvoy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Motto: "Age and Size matters not."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Please get a UK release...
“Some say that last week he won a BAFTA for ‘Best Original Smell’, and that when he dies he thinks you’ll go to Devon. All we know is he’s called the Stig!” - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)
Image
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere in England
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Platinum Combiner Wars Liokaiser Spotted at Australian Retail

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Our friendly neighborhood forum admin from down under Burn has alerted us to a new sighting in the outback, this time in the form of Platinum Combiner Wars Liokaiser! Liokaiser was spotted in a Myers close to Melbourne, Australia by the Decepticons and more Facebook page. No price was given or seen in the image, but we can imagine that it is a little bit ($30-50) more than $199.99, as previous sets have been that price. Check out the picture proof below, and for those in Australia: head on out and find yourself a Liokaiser!

Image
Come on down to the D-Max Den!!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Burn wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Burn wrote:I really want a Gnaw...
On what?
Your brains!
*promptly starves* :-P
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 9572
News Credits: 206
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: SonicSlash+Mach 6 Fusion Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Platinum Autobot Heroes Packaging Easter Egg: Movie Backdrop Can Be Created

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:11 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Seibertronian ScottyP has received his Platinum Edition Autobot Heroes set and has been kind enough to share some images with us, focusing not on the figures, but on a neat little Easter Egg that involved the packaging. The inner part of the packaging can actually be taken out and re-folded into a backdrop that you can display your Autobot Heroes in front of, mimicking the 1986 movie poster! This little feature has gone pretty much unnoticed until ScottyP got his hands on it, and funny enough, the instructions are posted on one of the inner flaps on the outside of the packaging!

The way this ends up working is: you take the inner packaging out, intact, and then fold out some flaps to make the backdrop deeper so your Autobots can all stand within the depth of the backdrop. Scotty was kind enough to send us some pictures as well, so you can check out the directions as well as the finished product below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Come on down to the D-Max Den!!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Burn wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Burn wrote:I really want a Gnaw...
On what?
Your brains!
*promptly starves* :-P
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 9572
News Credits: 206
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: SonicSlash+Mach 6 Fusion Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:20 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
It's kinda funny how the actual protagonist main Autobot hero of the movie is omitted from the movie-honoring "Autobot Heroes" set.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27186
News Credits: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Shauyaun » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:16 am

Motto: "Nothing is certain but death so live while you still can."
"I don't fear death,pain is what I fear."
Weapon: Twin Laser Cannon
I SOOOO want this set
Even more now
:HUNTER: ShaunImage :HUNTER:

Image

Oh also check out my EPIC TF collection
User avatar
Shauyaun
Vehicon
Posts: 393
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:36 am
Location: Unknown?!
Alt Mode: A super fast and high flying hover tank
Strength: 7
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:50 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Oooh.....if they'd done all the colors in metallic paint, it might persuade me. As it is, just having random parts painted metallic and the rest just unpainted plastic looks a little silly to me- Ultra Magnus and Springer being the two most obvious offenders.
User avatar
Bounti76
Pretender
Posts: 711
News Credits: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Utah
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:24 am

Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda funny how the actual protagonist main Autobot hero of the movie is omitted from the movie-honoring "Autobot Heroes" set.

Not really. I mean yeah, it's strange as a box set, but seeing as how we've already had Platinum box sets this year featuring both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime I can understand why they would be left out of this set.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1835
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:51 am

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda funny how the actual protagonist main Autobot hero of the movie is omitted from the movie-honoring "Autobot Heroes" set.

Not really. I mean yeah, it's strange as a box set, but seeing as how we've already had Platinum box sets this year featuring both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime I can understand why they would be left out of this set.

Emerje


Plus they literally just released a new version of him. To be fair they did the same with Blurr and he's in this set, but we do get Hot Rod's old mold in the Planet of Junk set with the Junkions anyway.
Autobot Roadburn
Minibot
Posts: 147
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:20 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Mechastrike » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:17 am

still waiting on a Voyager Class Rodimus Prime with trailer Hasbro! i thought you guys were sticking it to the third party.
Mechastrike
Combiner
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 am

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Kurona » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 am

Motto: "The universe is cold, and cruel, and violent—but only if you choose to look at it that way. For every act of aggression there are a thousand acts of kindness. For every hateful word, a million declarations of love. The good always outweighs the bad."
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
It's pretty awesome... until you actually try and pose the figures doing it and, well, anyone but Magnus looks like a goddamn dork. Hopefully it'll work better with TR Kup and Blurr.

Also, is it just the lighting, or is the only metallic plastic on Magnus on his arms and chest? Because if it is that is really bad
Image


"Fortress Maximus prepare for your death today you're gonna die"
~Megazark
Kurona
News Staff
Posts: 5040
News Credits: 24
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby MagicDeath » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:23 am

Motto: "Never underestimate your prey."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda funny how the actual protagonist main Autobot hero of the movie is omitted from the movie-honoring "Autobot Heroes" set.


I actually just looked, and he isn't actually in the foreground of the poster.

Also, if one were to purchase all of the most recent/upcoming platinum sets (not including Liokaiser), he or she would have the entire set of new main-cast characters, sans wheelie (and with an extra minimus ambus).
MagicDeath
Micromaster
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:09 am

MagicDeath wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda funny how the actual protagonist main Autobot hero of the movie is omitted from the movie-honoring "Autobot Heroes" set.


I actually just looked, and he isn't actually in the foreground of the poster.

Also, if one were to purchase all of the most recent/upcoming platinum sets (not including Liokaiser), he or she would have the entire set of new main-cast characters, sans wheelie (and with an extra minimus ambus).


Also missing the Sharkticons.

Luckily, both have new toys this year.
User avatar
RiddlerJ
Brainmaster
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:23 am

Mechastrike wrote:still waiting on a Voyager Class Rodimus Prime with trailer Hasbro! i thought you guys were sticking it to the third party.

Hasbro has repeatedly said that they are not being influenced by 3rd parties. I think people arent seeing this the right way. there are not that many well known G1 characters left so as Hasbro keeps making toys, the amount of characters only available through 3p companies slowly dwindles. Look at the combiners, the 3p companies got to them first but eventually, hasbro got to them as well since they were well known characters they had not done yet. And for other cases, when they get wind that hasbro is doing something, 3p companies try to release theirs first since they know the demand for their toys will dwindle once an official version is out. So I think its the reverse relation. Hasbro plans toys out at least 2 years in advance and 3p tries to be ahead of them.

Pretty much, it seems Hasbro does its own thing and any relation you see is coincidental based on the fact that the amount of well known characters is not exhaustive.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 17055
News Credits: 518
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Mechastrike » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 am

william-james88 wrote:
Mechastrike wrote:still waiting on a Voyager Class Rodimus Prime with trailer Hasbro! i thought you guys were sticking it to the third party.

Hasbro has repeatedly said that they are not being influenced by 3rd parties. I think people arent seeing this the right way. there are not that many well known G1 characters left so as Hasbro keeps making toys, the amount of characters only available through 3p companies slowly dwindles. Look at the combiners, the 3p companies got to them first but eventually, hasbro got to them as well since they were well known characters they had not done yet. And for other cases, when they get wind that hasbro is doing something, 3p companies try to release theirs first since they know the demand for their toys will dwindle once an official version is out. So I think its the reverse relation. Hasbro plans toys out at least 2 years in advance and 3p tries to be ahead of them.

Pretty much, it seems Hasbro does its own thing and any relation you see is coincidental based on the fact that the amount of well known characters is not exhaustive.


yeah, but i'm still disappointed that still no Voyager Rodimus w/ trailer...
Mechastrike
Combiner
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 am

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby mblase75 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:21 am

If I'd had it my way, Kup would've been packaged with Hot Rod instead and Minimus Ambus in this set would've been repainted/remolded into Wheelie.
mblase75
Micromaster
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:15 pm
Buy from mblase75 on eBay

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda funny how the actual protagonist main Autobot hero of the movie is omitted from the movie-honoring "Autobot Heroes" set.

Not really. I mean yeah, it's strange as a box set, but seeing as how we've already had Platinum box sets this year featuring both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime I can understand why they would be left out of this set.

Emerje


Plus they literally just released a new version of him. To be fair they did the same with Blurr and he's in this set, but we do get Hot Rod's old mold in the Planet of Junk set with the Junkions anyway.
My point was that, for a set called "Autobot Heroes" that celebrates the movie, the movie's main Autobot hero is omitted from this set and relegated to other ones instead.

And now that I think about it further, one of those other sets he's in is based on a fight scene from the movie that he wasn't in until after said scene's fight was over. :P
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27186
News Credits: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum sets

Postby Kurona » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 am

Motto: "The universe is cold, and cruel, and violent—but only if you choose to look at it that way. For every act of aggression there are a thousand acts of kindness. For every hateful word, a million declarations of love. The good always outweighs the bad."
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda funny how the actual protagonist main Autobot hero of the movie is omitted from the movie-honoring "Autobot Heroes" set.

Not really. I mean yeah, it's strange as a box set, but seeing as how we've already had Platinum box sets this year featuring both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime I can understand why they would be left out of this set.

Emerje


Plus they literally just released a new version of him. To be fair they did the same with Blurr and he's in this set, but we do get Hot Rod's old mold in the Planet of Junk set with the Junkions anyway.
My point was that, for a set called "Autobot Heroes" that celebrates the movie, the movie's main Autobot hero is omitted from this set and relegated to other ones instead.

And now that I think about it further, one of those other sets he's in is based on a fight scene from the movie that he wasn't in until after said scene's fight was over. :P

True, but this is based on the movie's poster. Better to call it 'Autobot Heroes' than... 'Autobots That Were On That Cool Poster You Liked'
Image


"Fortress Maximus prepare for your death today you're gonna die"
~Megazark
Kurona
News Staff
Posts: 5040
News Credits: 24
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS: MENASOR - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 7 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Strafe - Toys R Us Ex. Deluxe - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 8 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Generations Autobot Whirl - Voyager Class - MISB, New, Sealed! - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 7 minutes 59 seconds
Custom Titan Return Galvatron, Transformers, Megatron, Masterpieces, RID - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 8 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Cybertron: Crosswise _ ** 100% Complete - Must See ** - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 9 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Skywarp Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 9 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers GENERATIONS DELUXE MEGATRON MOC MINT Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 13 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops BLASTER & PERCEPTOR / USA - NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 14 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017
Twincast / Podcast #170:
"NC Comicon 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Website Security Test