Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Yeah, I wish they'd have had the foresight to plan some alternate heads. At the price point, getting 3 and 4 repaints of the same figure with no mold changes jumps the shark really quick.

I got the first few of these but bailed a while back... Banzaitron is threatening to tempt me back on board for one more, though. Very nice look for him. :-?
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2110
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Deathsanras » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

El Duque wrote:Autobase Aichi brings us word that Toy Hobby Market will be including a limited edition Transformers themed iPhone cover with exclusive Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron orders.


Just in time to be superseded by iPhone 5...
Deathsanras
Fuzor
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:37 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby gavinfuzzy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
The molds are pretty good, but the repaints are starting to get pretty retarded.

If that Galvatron had a new head, I might have gotten it.

As it stands, I have the red Prime and silver Megatron. Prime was bought on 1st release, he actually looked pretty cool, and at that time departmental stores here actually imported takara products for regular retail.

Megatron was recently bought at an anime convention, got it only to stand next to Prime, and cos it was pretty cheap at around $30US. Megatron and Prime look nearly identical... #-o
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1867
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Burn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:30 am

Deathsanras wrote:
El Duque wrote:Autobase Aichi brings us word that Toy Hobby Market will be including a limited edition Transformers themed iPhone cover with exclusive Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron orders.


Just in time to be superseded by iPhone 5...


Which was already surpassed by the Samsung Galaxy SIII...
Image
Cobotron wrote:I'm drunk as **** right now!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 43995
News Credits: 103
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Deathsanras » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 am

Burn wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:Just in time to be superseded by iPhone 5...


Which was already surpassed by the Samsung Galaxy SIII...


I hate people.

I hate obvious, wanton trolls even more.
Deathsanras
Fuzor
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:37 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I still say that they should have switched the molds around for these two and Dai Atlas.

Dai Atlas should had been the Questor mold.
Banzai-Tron should have been the Megatron mold.
Thus would leave Galvatron with the Convoy mold, but at leas he'd have a different body from Megs.

Of course, all three would still require new heads. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27666
News Credits: 207
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:07 am

Megatron's head on Prime's body... Yeah, yeah. I think I SAW that episode!

But yeah, new heads. If you're charging $50-$130 for a repaint, needs a new head and some serious forethought. Like Classics Sideswipe/Sunstreaker forethought.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2110
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
gothsaurus wrote:Megatron's head on Prime's body... Yeah, yeah. I think I SAW that episode!

But yeah, new heads. If you're charging $50-$130 for a repaint, needs a new head and some serious forethought. Like Classics Sideswipe/Sunstreaker forethought.
My reasoning being this:

A key feature of Dai Atlas' design were his large wings, and the Questor mold has the biggest set of wings and is the most jet-like, thus fititng for Dai Atlas.

Banzaitron has lately been associated with the look of a samurai, which the Megatron mold greatly resmebles.

The Convoy mold being used for Galvatron is simply the victim of process of elimination, but would serve as the ultimate insult to Optimus.

Plus, the Bumble/Cliff/Goldbug mold would look silly for Galvatron. :lol:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27666
News Credits: 207
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Dark of the Moon Shockwave Complete Voyager DOTM Hasbro - Time Remaining: 23 days 19 hours 29 minutes 52 seconds
HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS - 30TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 JETFIRE LEADER CLASS - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 33 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN Wave 3 DELUXE TWINFERNO,TRIGGERHAPPY,BREAKAWAY HOTROD - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 34 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN Wv3 G1 MEGATRON VOYAGER CLASS In Stock - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 34 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN Wave 3 G2 OPTIMUS PRIME VOYAGER In Stock - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 34 minutes 27 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS IDW Wave 4 STARSCREAM SKYWARP MINICON SCOOP In Stock - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 34 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Dark Of The Moon BUMBLEBEE Mechtech Deluxe Cyberfire Hasbro Tomy - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 35 minutes 43 seconds
NEW Transformers Action Vinyls Loyal Subjects Series 1 Megatron Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 37 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem
Twincast / Podcast #175:
"Bayhem"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 25th, 2017
Website Security Test