Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby zwann » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 am

Shockwave's awesome intro and appearance is not well justified. He should kill an Autobot at least.

I've noticed the Wreckers are always nearby Shockwave, and I'll be honest, BEGGED for Shockwave to kill one of them to justify his frightening appearance.

I mean, the Wreckers aren't really developed in the movie. Just like Jolt in ROTF.
zwann
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:14 am

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:42 am

Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
My fanfics: the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021 and stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18870
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby zwann » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:06 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.


Yeah, I didn't like the red one either. He could be a cannon-fodder. Top Spin and the other guy(Roadbuster?) looked cool.

Too bad these 3 aren't developed well. The NASCAR alt mode doesn't sense. I thought they're gonna be in a race track or something.
zwann
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:14 am

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 am

zwann wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.


Yeah, I didn't like the red one either. He could be a cannon-fodder. Top Spin and the other guy(Roadbuster?) looked cool.

Too bad these 3 aren't developed well. The NASCAR alt mode doesn't sense. I thought they're gonna be in a race track or something.


Yeah, it made sense. They were the pit crew for the Xantium. It made sense that they were race cars. And it was a really good cross-media promotion. I also liked the blue and green guys, but the red was annoying.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
My fanfics: the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021 and stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18870
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Rodimus Prime wrote:
zwann wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.


Yeah, I didn't like the red one either. He could be a cannon-fodder. Top Spin and the other guy(Roadbuster?) looked cool.

Too bad these 3 aren't developed well. The NASCAR alt mode doesn't sense. I thought they're gonna be in a race track or something.


Yeah, it made sense. They were the pit crew for the Xantium. It made sense that they were race cars. And it was a really good cross-media promotion. I also liked the blue and green guys, but the red was annoying.


How could you find the Red one (Leadfoot) annoying? He didn't have that many lines and they were all relevent to the plot. The blue one (Topspin) you could hardley even see in robot mode. Roadbuster (green one) was awesome. Best design and character of them all! (well, i guess thats just my opinion ;) )

But back to the oringal question, i don't think he needed to kill any of them, but have a better battle at the end. I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but in the burger king promotional comerical, Optimus and Shockwave have an epic battle. Why couldn't that have been in the movie??
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1189
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby zenosaurus_x » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
I liked all three of them (which surprised me) but I wouldn't have minded if he killed...all of them. He's one of the few characters to get NO kills, at all. Even Barricade got one and he was more of a sideline character than ShockWave.

Again, I don't dislike them, I just like ShockWave more. Course, it'd have to be a heroic death or something to give them a good way to end.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

In STOCK Kaiyodo Revoltech Transformers "Optimus Prime" Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 22 minutes 52 seconds
Adventure TAV25 Runabout / Combiner Menasor Takara Tomy Transformers Japan USED - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 25 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Deluxe Black Strafe Dinobot NO BOX complete free ship - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 29 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN VOYAGER CLASS DOOMSHOT & MEGATRON ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 29 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Set Loose Cosmos & Seaspray U.S. - Time Remaining: 22 days 3 hours 30 minutes 58 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN VOYAGER CLASS DIAC & OPTIMUS PRIME ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 32 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER CLASS DECEPTICON BLITZWING ACTION FIGURE! NEW! - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 36 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER CLASS AUTOBOT SPRINGER ACTION FIGURE! NEW! - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 39 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test