avengers & the dark night rises

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

avengers & the dark night rises

Postby ginthermax » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 am

do you think Mr. Bay has watched these movies for input on TF4 or just a bad idea to draw inspiration from for the next movie cause these movies kicked ass compaired to the first 3 tf's
ginthermax
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby RhA » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
No.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4557
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby Burn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Why would a highly successful Director watch other movies for inspiration?
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

carytheone wrote:It's kangaroo pinching time :-x
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 26525
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby ginthermax » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:54 pm

i think most directors would
ginthermax
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby Burn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:29 pm

ginthermax wrote:i think most directors would


You really don't know much about Michael Bay and his ego do you?
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

carytheone wrote:It's kangaroo pinching time :-x
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 26525
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby ginthermax » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:50 pm

ya i do actually i believe him to be one the greatest director of all time i am among a rare few who love to watch the island great movies but time to step aside
ginthermax
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby ginthermax » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 pm

i guess my basic point would be id rather see Mr. Bay focus more on a Bad Boys 3 than another Tranformers
ginthermax
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby RhA » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Okay, that's fine and all... But that's not what I'm seeing on my screen. You've made several topics about the TF movies and about Michael Bay, none of them is positive or even neutral IMO. What I'm reading is 'let's all stop Bay' and I dont want to stop Bay at all. I liked these movies for what they where and would like to see a fourth.

Whenever I don't like a movie, I just don't go and see it. I ignore it, I have better things to do with my life then stop people from doing their jobs.

And this is coming form a guy who collects toys.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4557
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Might be a little off-topic, but....

I'm probably the odd one out, but I actually liked his non-TF movies a lot more than the TF trilogy. While theory suggests that giant robots fighting each other would be right up his alley, he just seems out of his element here. While I laughed at most of the jokes by Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in the Bad Boys movies (the Middle-Eastern convenience store owner scene in Bad Boys 1 was one of my favorites), I found the jokes in the TF movies annoying and just plain bad.

IMO, Micheal Bay is a hired gun, no more no less. He was honest about not having been a fan of TF's, and I doubt making the movies has managed to convert him. He's expressed respect for the deep and rich lore of the franchise, and that's about as far as he'll go.

Unlike what certain fans and haters are convinced of, I think he neither loves the TF franchise nor is he out to destroy your childhood. It's the paychecks he's in love with, and he delivers what the producers want--a blockbuster movie that pulls in the audience. Good reviews are optional.

As for me, I'll continue to watch TF sequels for as long as he'll continue to dish them out. The fast-forward button is a very handy feature when annoying comic relief humans pop up between the robot fight scenes. Too bad the remote doesn't have a feature to make Megatron less of a bitch in ROTF and DOTM (for this, I blame the real culprits; Orci, Kurtzman and Kruger).
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2837
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:11 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
miketrafficwala wrote:Mr. bay is the great director i like his movies Avenger and the latest one Dark night rises.


Michael Bay didn't direct either of those movies. He didn't have any part in those movies for that matter. We're discussing whether or not Michael Bay watched those films for inspiration.

The Avengers was directed by Joss Whedon and The Dark Night Rises was directed by Christopher Nolan
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5953
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Watch PrymeStriker on YouTube
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PrymeStriker wrote:
miketrafficwala wrote:Mr. bay is the great director i like his movies Avenger and the latest one Dark night rises.


Michael Bay didn't direct either of those movies. He didn't have any part in those movies for that matter. We're discussing whether or not Michael Bay watched those films for inspiration.

The Avengers was directed by Joss Whedon and The Dark Night Rises was directed by Christopher Nolan


Just a hunch, but I think you're replying to one of those advertising spam generating bots, or whatever they're called. The AI tries to replicate a normal discussion, creating a stilted approximation of an actual post.

Coudl be wrong, though.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2837
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: avengers & the dark night rises

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
miketrafficwala wrote:Mr. bay is the great director i like his movies Avenger and the latest one Dark night rises.


Michael Bay didn't direct either of those movies. He didn't have any part in those movies for that matter. We're discussing whether or not Michael Bay watched those films for inspiration.

The Avengers was directed by Joss Whedon and The Dark Night Rises was directed by Christopher Nolan


Just a hunch, but I think you're replying to one of those advertising spam generating bots, or whatever they're called. The AI tries to replicate a normal discussion, creating a stilted approximation of an actual post.

Coudl be wrong, though.


You're not wrong.

Don't reply to spambots, that's actually a warnable offence.
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

carytheone wrote:It's kangaroo pinching time :-x
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 26525
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: avengers & the darf not for inspiration, then dk night rises

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:47 am

Motto: "He doesn't have jaundice, that's just how he looks."
Considering the invasion and fight scenes in The Avengers, Joss Whedon probably watched DotM, if not for inspiration, then definitely for design ideas. And TDKR was a total piece of ****, no one would want to be inspired by that turd.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 10361
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: avengers & the darf not for inspiration, then dk night rises

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:16 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Rodimus Prime wrote:And TDKR was a total piece of ****, no one would want to be inspired by that turd.


TDKR: Inspired by turd!


:lol:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5953
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Watch PrymeStriker on YouTube
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: avengers & the darf not for inspiration, then dk night rises

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Motto: "He doesn't have jaundice, that's just how he looks."
PrymeStriker wrote:
TDKR: Inspired by turd!


Should have been its tagline.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 10361
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
Twincast / Podcast #207:
"Through The Fargate"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Helmet Mask Talking & Voice Changer Hasbro 2006" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Metroplex Giant 14” Figure Sparkdrinker Near Complete RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Starscream Giant 14” Figure Supreme Class Rare RID Jumbo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Studio Series Deluxe Class LOCKDOWN (11) Brand New HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heat Scramble Card Game Booster TF-01 Sealed Box Japanese" on EBAY
Buy "[Toys Hero] In hand Transformers POTP Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Wreck-Gar" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Autobot Drift Swordsman" on EBAY
Buy "TakaraTomy Transformers Fall of Cybertron Generation TG-21 Autobot Springer" on EBAY