Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Get the latest Transformers Collectors' Club and BotCon convention forum news and information. Join in discussions with staff from the Club and BotCon right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
While helping Universal Studios Hollywood with their press release earlier today, I discovered various content from BotCon 2014 wasn't posted on Seibertron.com. Sometimes after these events, there's so much wrap-up that certain content gets overlooked. Old news or not, I felt like it was a disservice not having this content available to all of you so I decided it was time to post it before it fell to the wayside again. Better late than never, right? Besides, what Transformers fan doesn't love hearing Stan Bush performing "The Touch" one more time!

Without further ado, here's some additional Seibertron.com content from June 20th, 2014 at the Transformers Fan Event at Universal Studios Hollywood, in which many BotCon 2014 attendees participated. Enjoy!


Seibertron.com's YouTube Channel Videos

Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood Transformers Fan Experience


Stan Bush performs "The Touch" and "In This Life" at Universal Studios 2014


Hasbro's Dinobots panel from Transformers Fan Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood 2014



Seibertron.com BotCon 2014 Galleries

Transformers Fan Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood
Image

BotCon 2014 Miscellaneous Pictures
Image
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 25410
News Credits: 1023
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That was such a fun trip. First time going to the Californian Universal Studios and was so worth it.

I had no idea that you recorded the Universal Studios panel. I took notes on it with my laptop, but had no device to record it or take pictures of it.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28863
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Deadput » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:56 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
How do you guys even have the money to go to Botcon and still have some for life necessities?


Of course speaking as a 18 year old with no professional job experience (I have done things for neighbors but nothing serious) Botcon is something I have always wanted to go to but like I have said I don't have money.


Sorry if this is off topic or anything I'm just curious.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3258
News Credits: 44
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:06 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:How do you guys even have the money to go to Botcon and still have some for life necessities?


Of course speaking as a 18 year old with no professional job experience (I have done things for neighbors but nothing serious) Botcon is something I have always wanted to go to but like I have said I don't have money.


Sorry if this is off topic or anything I'm just curious.


Gotta have a source of income. I went to my first BotCon at 19 years old way back in 1996. I had already been working for 4 years at that time flippin' burgers at McDonald's from 16 to 19 and then working as a teller at a bank for the next couple of years after that. Where there's a will, there's a way!
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 25410
News Credits: 1023
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Deadput » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:40 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Seibertron wrote:
Gotta have a source of income. I went to my first BotCon at 19 years old way back in 1996. I had already been working for 4 years at that time flippin' burgers at McDonald's from 16 to 19 and then working as a teller at a bank for the next couple of years after that. Where there's a will, there's a way!



Thank you that gives me some hope I can save up some money.


Been thinking about getting a job at the nearby bottle depot it's walking distance (5 minutes) I always take my and other families bottles there a lot so I know the people who work there not personally but I'm a familiar face.


I'll stop myself here so I don't spin this thread out of control.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3258
News Credits: 44
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby xRotorstormx » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:14 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:How do you guys even have the money to go to Botcon and still have some for life necessities?


Of course speaking as a 18 year old with no professional job experience (I have done things for neighbors but nothing serious) Botcon is something I have always wanted to go to but like I have said I don't have money.


Sorry if this is off topic or anything I'm just curious.


Ryan is on point, you definitely need a source of income. I went to my first Botcon back in 2001 when I was 15. Of course my parents helped out that year and the following year for Botcon 2002. The first time I went without my parents and with a friend from college was in 2007. I had been working for about 2-3 years at a factory during summer/winter break and pretty much every weekend that I wasn't bogged down by homework from college. I decided to put away a little money with each pay check in order to pay for Botcon that year.

I've had a steady job since I first started at that factory so I do my best to put a little bit aside when I can in order to cover the expenses. :)
User avatar
xRotorstormx
Minibot
Posts: 194
News Credits: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Mid-Michigan
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Cyberstrike » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Seibertron wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:How do you guys even have the money to go to Botcon and still have some for life necessities?


Of course speaking as a 18 year old with no professional job experience (I have done things for neighbors but nothing serious) Botcon is something I have always wanted to go to but like I have said I don't have money.


Sorry if this is off topic or anything I'm just curious.


Gotta have a source of income. I went to my first BotCon at 19 years old way back in 1996. I had already been working for 4 years at that time flippin' burgers at McDonald's from 16 to 19 and then working as a teller at a bank for the next couple of years after that. Where there's a will, there's a way!


I would also recommend plan ahead. Make it a goal and save towards that goal. That makes going to one not only fun but fulfilling as well.
Image
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!
Cyberstrike
Gestalt
Posts: 2657
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Deadput » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:19 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Thank you guys I really appreciate the advice.


So try to get a source of income and start saving is the short version of the answer.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3258
News Credits: 44
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Thank you guys I really appreciate the advice.


So try to get a source of income and start saving is the short version of the answer.
And to hope that BotCon isn't ending after this year.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28863
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Better late than never: BotCon 2014 Content Wrap-Up Universal Studios, Stan Bush, Susan Blu, & more

Postby Deadput » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote: And to hope that BotCon isn't ending after this year.



That would suck indeed.


Although it would also mean no more exclusives to be jealous of not owning.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3258
News Credits: 44
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5


Return to Transformers Collectors' Club and BotCon Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON LEOBREAKER with Cyber Planet Key New in Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 42 minutes 15 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON RID NEMESIS BREAKER Voyager Class Hasbro New Sealed 2006 - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 44 minutes 5 seconds
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Beam Box Game System w/two figures ext - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 47 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Fortress Maximus Titan Class Figure New - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 58 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition MP-13 SOUNDWAVE Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 59 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition Laser Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 6 hours 59 minutes 56 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION G1 REISSUE CONEHEAD SEEKER RAMJET THRUST DIRGE SET - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 2 seconds
Transformers AOE Platinum Edition BREAKOUT BATTLE Rollbar+Vehicon+Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017