Calling Saberblade/stovokor in relation to TG 23 Metroplex

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Calling Saberblade/stovokor in relation to TG 23 Metroplex

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I believe this issue is related to the toy given its backstory so I need the input of seibertron's backstory experts.

Iirc, I saw a Japanese source art concerning scale comparison of Formax and Metroplex. It was in color and not a black and white character model sketch.

It showed Metroplex more in scale with the original release to Fortmax. The art, which I can't recall or show you (but I believe is official)showed Metroplex around the knee of Fortmax.

Now we have a retcon concerning Metroplex TG-23 by Tomy by Yuki Ohshima presents a storyline (timeline around Zone?) where Metroplex (I assume standard size) fights Metrotitan and gets clobbered. Gets repaired and upgraded (?) to his current sized equalling that of Fortress. Please correct me if I'm wrong and feel free to interject more backgrounders.

And we also have "Metrobase" but without a transform cog? What were they thinking? Fighting a cityformer stucked in a static mode?

Btw, (somewhat related), whatever happened to Bravemaximus when he crash landed on Master? After Fortress inspiringly copied (tran scanned?) his superstructure to eventually design Starship Maximus. Was that Maximus supposed to fill the emptied loop in time to become the "Guardian" in RID?
Buy Official Hb/TakaraTitancityformers at retail price or else the 3rd party makers win!

"Shelfwarming"
Btw, its been nearly a year now and TR Soundwave and Blaster aren't moving in the shelve of TRU, is that shelfwarming or what?



Аорситкик-йикдид,Законопроект88-дебил
User avatar
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10052
News Credits: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Calling Saberblade/stovokor in relation to TG 23 Metroplex

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
fenrir72 wrote:Iirc, I saw a Japanese source art concerning scale comparison of Formax and Metroplex. It was in color and not a black and white character model sketch.

It showed Metroplex more in scale with the original release to Fortmax. The art, which I can't recall or show you (but I believe is official)showed Metroplex around the knee of Fortmax.
Is it this?

Image

Not quite an accurate scale guide to their cartoon selves since Fort Max wasn't nearly that much gargantuan compared to Metroplex, but yes, Fort Max was still the bigger bot, nonetheless.

fenrir72 wrote:Now we have a retcon concerning Metroplex TG-23 by Tomy by Yuki Ohshima presents a storyline (timeline around Zone?) where Metroplex (I assume standard size) fights Metrotitan and gets clobbered. Gets repaired and upgraded (?) to his current sized equalling that of Fortress. Please correct me if I'm wrong and feel free to interject more backgrounders.
Sounds right so far, save for the "equalling Fort Max" part as we can't confirm or deny that since we've yet to see how tall the newly upgraded Metroplex looks compared to Fort Max. ;)

fenrir72 wrote:And we also have "Metrobase" but without a transform cog? What were they thinking? Fighting a cityformer stucked in a static mode?
Well, when there's no other options left... :P

fenrir72 wrote:Btw, (somewhat related), whatever happened to Bravemaximus when he crash landed on Master? After Fortress inspiringly copied (tran scanned?) his superstructure to eventually design Starship Maximus. Was that Maximus supposed to fill the emptied loop in time to become the "Guardian" in RID?
No idea. Last we ever see or hear of Brave Max is his crashing on Master in the past, in which Fortress reverse-engineered Brave's tech to create Transtectors and Headmaster technology. As we don't have direct access to the Japanese materials that mention this, it isn't ubiquitously clear as to what this process entailed, whether Fortress merely studied Brave, or took actual parts from Brave, or reconstructed Brave altogether into Battleship Maximus. Like the Tootsie Pop commercial, the world may never know. :-B
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28561
News Credits: 220
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Calling Saberblade/stovokor in relation to TG 23 Metroplex

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
That's the pic! Thank you. So technically, how big Metro got is still up in the air. Got that. And what eventually happened to Brave is also in the air.

But, if what I suspect is true, the reason planet Master suddenly had a technology jump from a civilization of transforming and non transforming refugees living in an uncontrolled and dangerous planet to one with "super scientific advancement" was that Fortress might have done a "Macross" on Brave's inert body and reversed engineered a supernaturally generated super robot.

Really, the Japanese timeline is enough to turn your brain to mush :lol:
Buy Official Hb/TakaraTitancityformers at retail price or else the 3rd party makers win!

"Shelfwarming"
Btw, its been nearly a year now and TR Soundwave and Blaster aren't moving in the shelve of TRU, is that shelfwarming or what?



Аорситкик-йикдид,Законопроект88-дебил
User avatar
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10052
News Credits: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Calling Saberblade/stovokor in relation to TG 23 Metroplex

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
fenrir72 wrote:Really, the Japanese timeline is enough to turn your brain to mush :lol:
Tis easier to take it one step at a time. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28561
News Credits: 220
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers generations rattrap and goldfire - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 44 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers generations jetfire and blaster - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 46 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS Energon ALPHA QUINTESSON Mega Class Hasbro 2004 - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 49 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Prime Autobot Bulkhead First Edition Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 51 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Galaxy Force Cybertron GC-21 First Gunner Defense Red Alert Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 51 minutes 33 seconds
Kidslogic Kids Logic 2015 Mecha Nations MN06 Transformers Ultra Magnus Limited - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 51 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx Free Shipping - Time Remaining: 29 days 20 hours 56 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations Seekers, Henkei Grimlock, Classics Cliffjumper Lot - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 10 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test