Canada Transformers sightings

Share your Transformers sightings here with other fellow Seibertronians in your area, meet other fans, plan meetups, and help each other find the latest new figure or great bargain at stores in your area. Feel free to help each other out finding other popular toys in your area as well.

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
Aimless Misfire wrote:This also marks a really good time to start making plans to quit collecting Transformers. Hasbro now sells broken toys (Trypticon & Dragonstorm), horrible QC, cheap crappy materials & charges scalper prices. This is going to continue, not gonna get better.

Remember back when they blamed the price hikes on oil prices? Well oil prices dropped but Hasbro's prices keep rising.


There is THOUSANDS of great Transformers that have been released over the years. Even if one stop buying the new stuff, one is still NOT done collecting.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
News Staff
Posts: 12912
News Credits: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Aimless Misfire wrote:Remember back when they blamed the price hikes on oil prices? Well oil prices dropped but Hasbro's prices keep rising.

They said the resin price had gone up, or the oil to make the resin. In any case, the oil referred there isnt the same we use for fuel. They are two different oils with different prices so the price of fuel oil (the one you reffer to) was never related to the price of plastic toys (at least not moreso than anything else).

Doesnt change how much these prices suck though :(
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28240
News Credits: 3197
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Prime Target » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:13 pm

Motto: "Accept any accept all every person counts"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
UltraMarginal wrote:
Prime Target wrote:****! I feel sorry for Canadian fans to have to pay this. They're 30 here in AUS same as the standard "Premier Edition" deluxes that are already stupidly priced and I think both of the repaints look like ****. i'm gonna wait for Steelbane , the other megs and Dreadwing thanks


Uh, maybe you were lucky and got one at the wrong price.
TRU AUstralia is selling the exclusive deluxes at $40, the exclusive legion 2 packs are $30 and the exclusive infernocus is $70.

Just like our Canadian Brothers TRU thinks we're easy money, perhaps to some degree they are right (Once the movie promotion at the front was changed to something else I couldn't find a Skullitron at TRU Castle Hill)
I've picked all these up twice now and put them back on the shelf unable to bring myself to pay these prices, especially after the reviews that Skullitron has been getting. I'm hoping now that they hang around long enough for a proper sale price.





There's no way i'm paying 40 bucks for a deluxe MAYBE i'll get Megs if he's cheap in the states but probably not I hate them both Steelbane and the first version of that mold look WAY better than this **** :BANG_HEAD:
Prime Target
Minibot
Posts: 154
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 pm
Watch Prime Target on YouTube
Alt Mode: Lamborghini Centenario
Strength: 5
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby UltraMarginal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Motto: "I like chocolate"
william-james88 wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:Remember back when they blamed the price hikes on oil prices? Well oil prices dropped but Hasbro's prices keep rising.

They said the resin price had gone up, or the oil to make the resin. In any case, the oil referred there isnt the same we use for fuel. They are two different oils with different prices so the price of fuel oil (the one you reffer to) was never related to the price of plastic toys (at least not moreso than anything else).

Doesnt change how much these prices suck though :(



Plastics and petrol/gas/diesel are all by products of crude oil.
UltraMarginal
Mini-Con
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 am

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby BattleConvoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:22 am

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
I don't know about you chaps, but a boycott would be a good idea, it would bring 'em prices right down :D
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
Image
User avatar
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: In your head... watching... you....
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:10 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
BattleConvoy wrote:I don't know about you chaps, but a boycott would be a good idea, it would bring 'em prices right down :D

It only work in a fantasy world.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
News Staff
Posts: 12912
News Credits: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:32 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
UltraMarginal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:Remember back when they blamed the price hikes on oil prices? Well oil prices dropped but Hasbro's prices keep rising.

They said the resin price had gone up, or the oil to make the resin. In any case, the oil referred there isnt the same we use for fuel. They are two different oils with different prices so the price of fuel oil (the one you reffer to) was never related to the price of plastic toys (at least not moreso than anything else).

Doesnt change how much these prices suck though :(



Plastics and petrol/gas/diesel are all by products of crude oil.


But the fact that resin takes a more lengthy procedure means that the prices are not a direct factor at least not as direct as we may think them to be.

Oil prices are an important factor in determining the price of resins, but they are not the only factor, said James Ray, a senior consultant with ICIS, who also spoke at the conference organized by Plastics News.

Ray said the farther along the supply chain from the refinery, the less impact oil prices have on costs. That’s because each step adds its own expenses to the mix.

“It gets down the value chain where the impact of the oil is increasingly insignificant. And that’s because there’s profits, there’s overhead, there’s logistics, distribution costs and things like that,” he told the crowd.

He pointed to the production of polypropylene as an example, indicating there are about four steps from refining to the creation of PP that add costs and impact pricing.


All this to say that while lower price on oil means we pay less for gas, it does not necessarily mean our toys get to be cheaper dueto all the extra factors plastic production has to deal with, which can also affect the price to climb independently of oil prices.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28240
News Credits: 3197
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby BattleConvoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:20 am

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
-Kanrabat- wrote:
BattleConvoy wrote:I don't know about you chaps, but a boycott would be a good idea, it would bring 'em prices right down :D

It only work in a fantasy world.


How come?
A boycott would put Hasbro back in their place.
A boycott would work if we all stopped buying the hasbro versions of transformers.
(If you must buy TLK, then Takara Tomy is your friend)

#ScrewyouHasbro
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
Image
User avatar
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: In your head... watching... you....
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:21 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
It wouldn't work because we don't even make up 1% of Hasbro's customers. If everyone posting on these forums stopped buying, Hasbro wouldn't even notice.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby BattleConvoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 am

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
maybe get the GI JOE and the My little pony fans involved? xD
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
Image
User avatar
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: In your head... watching... you....
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Deadput » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:22 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
BattleConvoy wrote:
How come?
A boycott would put Hasbro back in their place.
A boycott would work if we all stopped buying the hasbro versions of transformers.
(If you must buy TLK, then Takara Tomy is your friend)

Because welcome to reality business are only here for your money nothing more nothing less...sometimes their efforts will work or interest you but sometimes they won't, some of the individual employees in the company will put in more care into their work but as a whole the company doesn't really care besides getting money like all other work places.

Hasbro is already in their place and have been since the start...your forgetting about all the kids who are the reason Transformers are made in the first place and all the other people who are not on the forums who will unlikely stop buying.

Your also implying that Takara wouldn't do the same thing...and are somehow a "better" company and probably only because they have more paint which is balance out by there being less figures made compared to Hasbro who appeals and sells to a lot more people then Takara

BattleConvoy wrote:#ScrewyouHasbro

How mature of you...that totally is going to make Hasbro listen and not think this sort of attitude is spoiled.

BattleConvoy wrote:maybe get the GI JOE and the My little pony fans involved? xD

What?

That's implying they don't already not buy Transformers.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4523
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby UltraMarginal » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:18 am

Motto: "I like chocolate"
Deadput wrote:
BattleConvoy wrote:Your also implying that Takara wouldn't do the same thing...and are somehow a "better" company and probably only because they have more paint which is balance out by there being less figures made compared to Hasbro who appeals and sells to a lot more people then Takara


Not to mention that Hasbro and Takara Movie toys for at least TF 4 and most of the TF5 line as far as I can tell are pretty much identical. :D
UltraMarginal
Mini-Con
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 am

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby BattleConvoy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 am

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Deadput wrote:
BattleConvoy wrote:
How come?
A boycott would put Hasbro back in their place.
A boycott would work if we all stopped buying the hasbro versions of transformers.
(If you must buy TLK, then Takara Tomy is your friend)

Because welcome to reality business are only here for your money nothing more nothing less...sometimes their efforts will work or interest you but sometimes they won't, some of the individual employees in the company will put in more care into their work but as a whole the company doesn't really care besides getting money like all other work places.

Hasbro is already in their place and have been since the start...your forgetting about all the kids who are the reason Transformers are made in the first place and all the other people who are not on the forums who will unlikely stop buying.

Your also implying that Takara wouldn't do the same thing...and are somehow a "better" company and probably only because they have more paint which is balance out by there being less figures made compared to Hasbro who appeals and sells to a lot more people then Takara

BattleConvoy wrote:#ScrewyouHasbro

How mature of you...that totally is going to make Hasbro listen and not think this sort of attitude is spoiled.

BattleConvoy wrote:maybe get the GI JOE and the My little pony fans involved? xD

What?

That's implying they don't already not buy Transformers.


Hmm interesting.

GI JOE And My little pony are both hasbro properties, so if collectors, including Star Wars, GI JOE, MLP, Disney princess fans, (Mind you, it would have to be a lot of people) stop buying hasbro products then hasbro would notice.

Deadput, I admit that my "#screwyouhasbro" was harsh and kinda dumb, but hasbro need to up their game because their QC is poor, their paint is poor, the prices are high and most fans buy them because otherwise they are considered "not true fans". Like I said, Takara Tomy, is a better place to buy TF's from, because unlike Hasbro, they care about the fanbase.
Why do you think that Hasbro won't release G1 megs, MP megs (both of 'em)?
Toy Gun laws ya say?
Nah, they can release it as an "adult collectible" maybe as an Amazon exclusive? (How come 3rd party can release this :D)
But Hasbro are too "Politically Correct" to release such a toy, and have no guts.
They are scared of the media finding out and making a HUGE story out of it!
And finally, most kids (above the age of 5) don't buy toys, they play video games, so your point is not completely accurate Deadput.
Hasbro only caters for kids aged 2 with the ONE STEP CHANGERS (ie- all of RID) :SICK:

Is it any wonder why I get called a "baby" by my friends because of Hasbro's "Babyfication" of transformers.

Have I made my point clear Deadput?
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
Image
User avatar
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: In your head... watching... you....
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Deadput » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:07 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
BattleConvoy wrote:GI JOE And My little pony are both hasbro properties, so if collectors, including Star Wars, GI JOE, MLP, Disney princess fans, (Mind you, it would have to be a lot of people) stop buying hasbro products then hasbro would notice.
Yeah that's not going to happen but that's a cool dream you have there.

BattleConvoy wrote:most fans buy them because otherwise they are considered "not true fans".
Says who...you?

I don't even have to words to talk about how ridicolous that reasoning is...seriously I'm dumbfounded anyone could think this seriously.

BattleConvoy wrote: Like I said, Takara Tomy, is a better place to buy TF's from, because unlike Hasbro, they care about the fanbase.

I just said in the other post that they don't care anymore then Hasbro does like every company in the entire world.

What have they done besides put more paint on a toy their going to be selling to a more limited audience?

They want your money but they don't care about you or anyone else who buys their stuff because we are only customers whose only purpose is to fork over money so people get paid money so they can fork over money to other companies so their employees get paid and so on.

BattleConvoy wrote:Why do you think that Hasbro won't release G1 megs, MP megs (both of 'em)?
Toy Gun laws ya say?
Nah, they can release it as an "adult collectible" maybe as an Amazon exclusive? (How come 3rd party can release this :D)
But Hasbro are too "Politically Correct" to release such a toy, and have no guts.
They are scared of the media finding out and making a HUGE story out of it!


THEY CAN'T SELL THE DAMN TOY IN NORTH AMERICA BECAUSE OF THE GUN LAWS IT'S ILLEGAL!!! People including kids have been shot by cops for carrying the original Megatron around in gun mode.

There is no conspiracy theory or being scared of the media...this is the same company who makes nerf guns and GI Joe which is a war toy series.

Third Parties can release their Megatron's because they don't go by the same rules as Hasbro and other official companies do with their figures.

Here is Tfwiki's summery of why

Tfwiki wrote:Megatron is probably the most troubled Transformer toy in all of Transformer history, due to being originally Japanese which had different toy laws, he is frequently banned due to being a realistic gun while lacking an orange cap to indicate it's not a real gun. Some countries banned it or deemed it illegal due to criminals or kids misusing it as a real gun and terrorizing others, or law enforcement mistaking it for a real firearm and shooting innocent people dead (as has happened multiple times in the past). For you American fans, it may actually be easier to own a real Walther P-38 handgun than this original Megatron toy.



BattleConvoy wrote:And finally, most kids (above the age of 5) don't buy toys, they play video games, so your point is not completely accurate Deadput.
Hasbro only caters for kids aged 2 with the ONE STEP CHANGERS (ie- all of RID) :SICK:
Yeah you can stop with that generalization not all kids have video games (I only got an Xbox when I was a teenager because strict parents and money) not all kids have interest in those things, parents can be strict or their too poor to buy consoles but not too poor to buy a 20 dollar toy.

Plus you can play video games and toys, use a smart phone and watch movies while hanging out with friends or going outside...because most kids don't just do one thing all day all week.

Plus good on Hasbro sticking with it's intended audience and not a bunch of spoiled entitled fans like us.

There is a reason fan is short for fanatic

BattleConvoy wrote: Is it any wonder why I get called a "baby" by my friends because of Hasbro's "Babyfication" of transformers.

Have I made my point clear Deadput?
I was teased and condemned for bringing my Transformers to school and I know of others who have had that happen so this is nothing new Hasbro hasn't changed much from the 80's or the 2000's this you only think this is "babyfication" is because of the cheaper plastic these days which isn't really something Hasbro can do much about and them introducing more gimmick lines which there were plenty of them back in the old days.

Remember Pretenders? I mean I don't myself I wasn't born at that time


(Jesus I can't believe this post aggravated me to the point of making myself wake up in 4 in the morning to type this...that's how ridiculous I find your reasoning.) So basically yes I see your point but I don't agree with it in the slightest
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4523
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Kurona » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:22 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
This is cute and all, but this is the Canada Transformers Sightings thread. Please take your conversation about gun laws and boycotting and political correctness - how did that even get in there - somewhere else.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby BattleConvoy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:46 am

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Deadput wrote:
BattleConvoy wrote:GI JOE And My little pony are both hasbro properties, so if collectors, including Star Wars, GI JOE, MLP, Disney princess fans, (Mind you, it would have to be a lot of people) stop buying hasbro products then hasbro would notice.
Yeah that's not going to happen but that's a cool dream you have there.

BattleConvoy wrote:most fans buy them because otherwise they are considered "not true fans".
Says who...you?

I don't even have to words to talk about how ridicolous that reasoning is...seriously I'm dumbfounded anyone could think this seriously.

BattleConvoy wrote: Like I said, Takara Tomy, is a better place to buy TF's from, because unlike Hasbro, they care about the fanbase.

I just said in the other post that they don't care anymore then Hasbro does like every company in the entire world.

What have they done besides put more paint on a toy their going to be selling to a more limited audience?

They want your money but they don't care about you or anyone else who buys their stuff because we are only customers whose only purpose is to fork over money so people get paid money so they can fork over money to other companies so their employees get paid and so on.

BattleConvoy wrote:Why do you think that Hasbro won't release G1 megs, MP megs (both of 'em)?
Toy Gun laws ya say?
Nah, they can release it as an "adult collectible" maybe as an Amazon exclusive? (How come 3rd party can release this :D)
But Hasbro are too "Politically Correct" to release such a toy, and have no guts.
They are scared of the media finding out and making a HUGE story out of it!


THEY CAN'T SELL THE DAMN TOY IN NORTH AMERICA BECAUSE OF THE GUN LAWS IT'S ILLEGAL!!! People including kids have been shot by cops for carrying the original Megatron around in gun mode.

There is no conspiracy theory or being scared of the media...this is the same company who makes nerf guns and GI Joe which is a war toy series.

Third Parties can release their Megatron's because they don't go by the same rules as Hasbro and other official companies do with their figures.

Here is Tfwiki's summery of why

Tfwiki wrote:Megatron is probably the most troubled Transformer toy in all of Transformer history, due to being originally Japanese which had different toy laws, he is frequently banned due to being a realistic gun while lacking an orange cap to indicate it's not a real gun. Some countries banned it or deemed it illegal due to criminals or kids misusing it as a real gun and terrorizing others, or law enforcement mistaking it for a real firearm and shooting innocent people dead (as has happened multiple times in the past). For you American fans, it may actually be easier to own a real Walther P-38 handgun than this original Megatron toy.



BattleConvoy wrote:And finally, most kids (above the age of 5) don't buy toys, they play video games, so your point is not completely accurate Deadput.
Hasbro only caters for kids aged 2 with the ONE STEP CHANGERS (ie- all of RID) :SICK:
Yeah you can stop with that generalization not all kids have video games (I only got an Xbox when I was a teenager because strict parents and money) not all kids have interest in those things, parents can be strict or their too poor to buy consoles but not too poor to buy a 20 dollar toy.

Plus you can play video games and toys, use a smart phone and watch movies while hanging out with friends or going outside...because most kids don't just do one thing all day all week.

Plus good on Hasbro sticking with it's intended audience and not a bunch of spoiled entitled fans like us.

There is a reason fan is short for fanatic

BattleConvoy wrote: Is it any wonder why I get called a "baby" by my friends because of Hasbro's "Babyfication" of transformers.

Have I made my point clear Deadput?
I was teased and condemned for bringing my Transformers to school and I know of others who have had that happen so this is nothing new Hasbro hasn't changed much from the 80's or the 2000's this you only think this is "babyfication" is because of the cheaper plastic these days which isn't really something Hasbro can do much about and them introducing more gimmick lines which there were plenty of them back in the old days.

Remember Pretenders? I mean I don't myself I wasn't born at that time


(Jesus I can't believe this post aggravated me to the point of making myself wake up in 4 in the morning to type this...that's how ridiculous I find your reasoning.) So basically yes I see your point but I don't agree with it in the slightest




Ok that was an interesting answer...


The first section (Boycott) - Yeah, your probably right, it would be cool tbh.

Section 2: (True fan) - Ermm, yeah maybe again your right (Gah)

3: (takara) Takara release toys in better colouration, better boxes, more accessories, etc, which proves they care about the fandom.

4: (G1 Megsy) HE IS NOT ILLEGAL! You may need a gun licence or a orange plug, but you can still import him.
Btw how does TF WIKI know that he was banned in some countries?
and also 3p are under the same legislation but he can still be released?
Wow, proves my point again...

5: (kids) Ok, that was me being ignorant, so you are correct.

6: (Baby) again, good point, but cheap plastic is not the reason, it's the transformers becoming easier to transform and the QC becoming less and less useful.

This is all my opinion, but I respect yours as well :D

Sorry if ánythin causes offense, please PM me to keep discussing this as this is the sightings page, and this isn't for that.
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
Image
User avatar
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: In your head... watching... you....
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Transformers Titans Return Trypticon and Seige on Cybertron Fond at Toysrus in Canada

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Some big ticket items have just been found at Canadian Toysrus stores. Titan class Trypticon has been found and so has the Seige on Cybertron exclusive boxset. It's funny that even though it is a Toysrus exclusive in Canada, the packaging department still stuck "BBTS exclsuive" stickers on them, which is where this product is exclusive to in the US. That happens all the time though in Canada, with "Target Exclusive" stickers found at Toysrus (since Canada no longer has Target) so this is more the norm since the US gets at least seven times more product than Canada. The US packaging, sticker and all, is often also used for Canada.

Trypticon is $229.99 and the Seige on Cybertron set is $149.99. The sightings come from cybertron.ca users Yonoid and Downshift. Happy hunting fellow Canadians!

Image

Image
Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Gallery
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28240
News Credits: 3197
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Deadput » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Damn should I keep my preorder from bbts (I don't have to pay shipping right now since it's in my pile of loot.) Or try my luck at the retail game?

I did find velocitron here but I was lucky since there was only one and I haven't seen it since.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4523
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Deadput wrote:Damn should I keep my preorder from bbts (I don't have to pay shipping right now since it's in my pile of loot.) Or try my luck at the retail game?

I did find velocitron here but I was lucky since there was only one and I haven't seen it since.

It comes out to the same price if you buy it full price in Canada so might as well keep your bbts preorder.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28240
News Credits: 3197
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
william-james88 wrote:
Deadput wrote:Damn should I keep my preorder from bbts (I don't have to pay shipping right now since it's in my pile of loot.) Or try my luck at the retail game?

I did find velocitron here but I was lucky since there was only one and I haven't seen it since.

It comes out to the same price if you buy it full price in Canada so might as well keep your bbts preorder.


NO WAY NO HOW!

Because you'll be stuck paying CUSTOMS for sure. Meaning on top of expensive shipping and exchange rates, you are SURE to be busted at customs and having to pay both taxes PLUS a 10$ "handling fee".

I say hunt in store, find it, pay it, then cancel the pre order. Only if you miss out completely on the Canadian release should you import it.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
News Staff
Posts: 12912
News Credits: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:35 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
-Kanrabat- wrote:I say hunt in store, find it, pay it, then cancel the pre order. Only if you miss out completely on the Canadian release should you import it.

Not that easy. BBTS is releasing this set any day now so if it gets released before he finds it in stores then he has to pay the BBTS price. And yeah, if ou get cuaght by customs you pay more than finding it in stores. However, if you dot get hit, its about the same price.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28240
News Credits: 3197
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Deadput » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
To be clear I know shipping is going to be a bit but I don't pay bills or anything and I have no other hobbies so I can afford the shipping.

I'm just going to wait and ship it later I'm in no rush to get them as long as I do have them because besides those small "prime" masters and couple of legends like Beachcomber I'm not going to be buying generations once Titans Return is over since I'm only in it for the headmasters.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4523
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I say hunt in store, find it, pay it, then cancel the pre order. Only if you miss out completely on the Canadian release should you import it.

Not that easy. BBTS is releasing this set any day now so if it gets released before he finds it in stores then he has to pay the BBTS price. And yeah, if ou get cuaght by customs you pay more than finding it in stores. However, if you dot get hit, its about the same price.


Unfortunately, any purchases over 50$ or something from BBTS is SURE to be hit by customs. That's why the only purchase I did from them is years is for some junk on clearance that was worth below 15$US.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
News Staff
Posts: 12912
News Credits: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby Deadput » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I say hunt in store, find it, pay it, then cancel the pre order. Only if you miss out completely on the Canadian release should you import it.

Not that easy. BBTS is releasing this set any day now so if it gets released before he finds it in stores then he has to pay the BBTS price. And yeah, if ou get cuaght by customs you pay more than finding it in stores. However, if you dot get hit, its about the same price.


Unfortunately, any purchases over 50$ or something from BBTS is SURE to be hit by customs. That's why the only purchase I did from them is years is for some junk on clearance that was worth below 15$US.


I think in total it comes to $180 in total Canadian including shipping but I'm going to pay shipping much later so right now it's about $130.

I payed $200 to get Godbomber and Lio Convoy so really this isn't much for me.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4523
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Canada Transformers sightings

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I say hunt in store, find it, pay it, then cancel the pre order. Only if you miss out completely on the Canadian release should you import it.

Not that easy. BBTS is releasing this set any day now so if it gets released before he finds it in stores then he has to pay the BBTS price. And yeah, if ou get cuaght by customs you pay more than finding it in stores. However, if you dot get hit, its about the same price.


Unfortunately, any purchases over 50$ or something from BBTS is SURE to be hit by customs. That's why the only purchase I did from them is years is for some junk on clearance that was worth below 15$US.


I think in total it comes to $180 in total Canadian including shipping but I'm going to pay shipping much later so right now it's about $130.

I payed $200 to get Godbomber and Lio Convoy so really this isn't much for me.


Dude, you gotta learn about those Japanese stores which buy directly from Takara. I too got those but they came out to about half that all together, no joke.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28240
News Credits: 3197
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Sightings and Local Meetups

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
Twincast / Podcast #280:
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "New Playskool Transformers Optimash Prime Mr. Potato Head. For Ages 2+" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition ARMADA OF CYCLONUS SCOURGE DECEPTION SWEEP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TOMY Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Grimlock Flip and Change" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition ARMADA OF CYCLONUS SCOURGE DECEPTION SWEEP New" on EBAY
Buy "Galvatron 100% Complete Ultra RID Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie Amazon Slog Sludge exclusive G1 color" on EBAY
Buy "Grimlock Transformers Age of Extinction Flip And Change Dinobot T-Rex Dinosaur" on EBAY