Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:38 pm

While flipping through Previews, Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future is going to be released on DVD in December. I use to love this show as a kid but I don't remember much of the plot. I'll buy the DVD set for nostalgia sake.

In hindsight, it's crazy to realize J. Michael Straczynski wrote some of the episodes and Drew Struzan drew the promotional poster.

Image

A few years back, JMS signed my Captain Power comic with Neal Adams art (or at least art from Neal's Continuity crew).

Image
Image
Supreme Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6955
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Re: Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby DISCHARGE » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Did it say if the episodes/dvd will be compatible with the toys? Like when they originally aired on T.V..
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2844
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby Skyfire77 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
'Bout damn time. 'Course, my jet and Interlocker are long gone. Oh well; hi-ho, hi=ho, it's off to eBay I go....


DISCHARGE wrote:Did it say if the episodes/dvd will be compatible with the toys? Like when they originally aired on T.V..


I would think so; it's the light patterns that the toys react to, so unless they've gone through and edited those scenes out, it should be Power On!
Image
User avatar
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Posts: 1126
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby DISCHARGE » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Skyfire77 wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:Did it say if the episodes/dvd will be compatible with the toys? Like when they originally aired on T.V..


I would think so; it's the light patterns that the toys react to, so unless they've gone through and edited those scenes out, it should be Power On!


:KREMZEEK: Squee!!! :KREMZEEK: I am so gonna break out the Interlocker
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2844
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby Supreme Convoy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:19 am

Oh man. The set will have 6 hours of new content and a feature length documentary!

Image
Supreme Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6955
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Re: Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
God, this show was dark as ALL HELL. "The legacy of the Metal Wars, where man fought machine-and machine won."

Yeah, it's Terminator. But the Resistance? Not so big... or strong... or organized. One of the characters hasn't seen an orange for about five or six years. It's after the end, and only ash remains.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3904
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby Skyfire77 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 am

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
DISCHARGE wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:Did it say if the episodes/dvd will be compatible with the toys? Like when they originally aired on T.V..


I would think so; it's the light patterns that the toys react to, so unless they've gone through and edited those scenes out, it should be Power On!


:KREMZEEK: Squee!!! :KREMZEEK: I am so gonna break out the Interlocker


Hope you have a CRT; I just tried on my plasma screen, and it doesn't work. :-( :-x

Glad I didn't spend that much on the Phantom Stryker I found....
Image
User avatar
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Posts: 1126
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future on DVD!

Postby DISCHARGE » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Skyfire77 wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:
Skyfire77 wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:Did it say if the episodes/dvd will be compatible with the toys? Like when they originally aired on T.V..


I would think so; it's the light patterns that the toys react to, so unless they've gone through and edited those scenes out, it should be Power On!


:KREMZEEK: Squee!!! :KREMZEEK: I am so gonna break out the Interlocker


Hope you have a CRT; I just tried on my plasma screen, and it doesn't work. :-( :-x

Glad I didn't spend that much on the Phantom Stryker I found....


I've still got my old tv in the bedroom, I just need to pick up this boxset.
That sucks that the play value doesn't work with the newer t.v.'s
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2844
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+


Return to Non-Transformers Toy Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BUMBLEBEE ROBOT TRUCK CAR ACTION FIGURES KID TOY - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 38 seconds
Transformers DIRGE New Commemorative Reissue 2003 Factory Sealed GENERATION 1 - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 1 minute 8 seconds
Transformers Generations THUNDERWING Deluxe Class Loose 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 13 days 4 minutes 10 seconds
2006 HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON--UNICRON FIGURE (NEW) - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 4 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Fall of Cybertron Grimlock  - Voyeger Class Series 01-003 - Time Remaining: 15 days 1 hour 6 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers 2002 Armada Giga-Cons: Galvatron *figure only - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 8 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus Figure NEW IN BOX - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 10 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers UNIVERSE FIREFLIGHT MOC 2006 - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 11 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes
Twincast / Podcast #174:
"Autobot Jedi Newtypes"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, May 8th, 2017
Website Security Test