Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Get the latest Transformers Collectors' Club and BotCon convention forum news and information. Join in discussions with staff from the Club and BotCon right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:47 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
"Some people"? Am I missing something here?
ZeroWolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4210
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:03 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ZeroWolf wrote:"Some people"? Am I missing something here?


Some of the TFWiki editors/contributors were pretty mean about the write-up.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15536
News Credits: 184
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:55 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Dr Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:"Some people"? Am I missing something here?


Some of the TFWiki editors/contributors were pretty mean about the write-up.

I see, just because they had issues with it? Doesn't seem very professional of them since they should be doing the wiki neutral
ZeroWolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4210
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:"Some people"? Am I missing something here?


Some of the TFWiki editors/contributors were pretty mean about the write-up.

I see, just because they had issues with it? Doesn't seem very professional of them since they should be doing the wiki neutral


Frankly, the people behind the wiki are not necessarily known for being professional. It's a clique. If you aren't on the inside, you essentially don't count.

That's not to say that it isn't a great source of information. It's just stereotypical caustic academic types.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15828
News Credits: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby RevTibe » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:09 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:"Some people"? Am I missing something here?


Some of the TFWiki editors/contributors were pretty mean about the write-up.

I see, just because they had issues with it? Doesn't seem very professional of them since they should be doing the wiki neutral


Frankly, the people behind the wiki are not necessarily known for being professional. It's a clique. If you aren't on the inside, you essentially don't count.

That's not to say that it isn't a great source of information. It's just stereotypical caustic academic types.
Eh, really? I do some editing on there occasionally, fix up typos, correct things, remove a bit of naff humor, make a few small articles etc. and I haven't encountered any such cliquishness (what a messy word) or causticity. Not familiar with the stereotypes, but experience in other communities tells me to never trust what one fansite says about another fansite.

I haven't done anything with the Dawn of Predacus article (haven't had the chance to read the comic), but most of the complaints on that list seemed to revolve around a face-value reading of the comic, since a lot of the author's response focuses on the ideal interpretation of these points. This seems fair enough, since the meat of an article should usually focus on a literal reading of the work, avoiding excessive interpretation, but now the site does have a source of authorial intent when filling out the later subsections of the article.

Edit: (The "me-too!" mentality of a lot of social media can definitely lead to excesses in the wiki's irreverent tone, but these usually seem to be stomped out fairly quickly. I can't draw any concrete conclusions on Dawn of Predacus's article with the information I have available to me. Makes me wonder if this has been a problem with other pieces of low-distribution material.)
RevTibe
Vehicon
Posts: 310
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 am
Buy from RevTibe on eBay

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
In defense of the points argued by the Wiki (but NOT in defense of its hostility), a lot of the insight provided by JPB's responses was not present in the comic. Without already knowing what he personally had in mind and/or planned for both this comic and the yet-to-be-told stories surrounding its events, one would not get this all this insight from just reading the comic alone.

Some of this insight was even only provided by the script reading that took place at BotCon on Friday, and not everyone who attended BotCon (let alone everyone in this fandom) attended the script reading. And even those who did attend (myself included) found its story rather difficult to follow. It wasn't until Jesse Wittenrich graciously posted some clarifying info about it on another board yesterday (five days after the script reading took place) that some sense was made out of its story.

But even taking the script reading into account, my original point still stands that not everything JPB revealed about the comic's story in his response to the Wiki was evident in the comic on its own.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28889
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby ScottyP » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:40 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I've said it in other threads but I'd love it if we could stop talking/gossiping about TF Wiki so much. I'm guilty of having done this maybe once in the past, yes, I know. Would just like to see it stop going forward without going and lobbying Burn about implementing actual rules about it.

On comics in particular, trying very hard to get our own resources improved - was very close to completion before the site data problems last month :/
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4155
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:54 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ScottyP wrote:I've said it in other threads but I'd love it if we could stop talking/gossiping about TF Wiki so much.
It did stop. Last post was made days ago.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28889
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
This made me laugh:

Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28889
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Dawn Of The Predacus - a Fun Pub/IDW partner comic

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Tue May 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
HA! someone from tfwiki must have wrote it :MAXIMAL:
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Image
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 11655
News Credits: 260
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Sleek Blade-Like Sports Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Previous

Return to Transformers Collectors' Club and BotCon Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers TLK-15 Caliber Optimus Prime Figure First Limited JAPAN - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 22 minutes 50 seconds
Megabolt Megatron + Storm Jet RID Robots In Disguise Transformers Hasbro MISP - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 23 minutes 32 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Free Shipping Combiner Wars Motormaster - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 27 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Takara Unite Warriors UW-03 Autobot Defensor Protectobots US Seller - Time Remaining: 23 days 13 hours 30 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Predacon Darksteel Beast Hunters MB FREE SHIPPING - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 30 minutes 25 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Fall of Cybertron FOC Voyager Grimlock - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 31 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Thunderblast Robots In Disguise Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 31 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise RID PRIME Voyager Class Thundertron Star Seeker - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 32 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017