e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cobotron wrote:TFs and Microman, living together?!
Mass hysteria! :P
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27407
News Credits: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Initially I wondered if the MC stood for Magna Convoy, but then what would the 11 be?

But thinking about it and thinking about the mold...

1. Classics Optimus Prime
2. Henkei! Henkei! Convoy
3. Henkei! Henkei! Convoy Clear Version
4. Lucky Draw Convoy
5. Universe Nemesis Prime
6. United Black Optimus Prime
7. Platinum One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall Optimus Prime
8. Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
9. Age of Extinction Optimus Prime
10. Cloud Optimus Prime
11. Magna Convoy

Once you remove the two Ultra Magnususes and Knight Ginrai you're left with 11 Prime and Convoy variations no matter how rare some are.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Coptur » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 am

Emerje wrote:Initially I wondered if the MC stood for Magna Convoy, but then what would the 11 be?

But thinking about it and thinking about the mold...

1. Classics Optimus Prime
2. Henkei! Henkei! Convoy
3. Henkei! Henkei! Convoy Clear Version
4. Lucky Draw Convoy
5. Universe Nemesis Prime
6. United Black Optimus Prime
7. Platinum One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall Optimus Prime
8. Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
9. Age of Extinction Optimus Prime
10. Cloud Optimus Prime
11. Magna Convoy

Once you remove the two Ultra Magnususes and Knight Ginrai you're left with 11 Prime and Convoy variations no matter how rare some are.

Emerje


That is probably the geekist think i've read today and i love it :-D :-D
Coptur
Minibot
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:37 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Comic part 3 is GO!

Image

Why hello there potential full-on Sentinel Prime repaint. That mold would look good in blue. Now who is he? Or is it just a new body for Convobat?

Also a cameo of Lucky Draw blue Big Convoy.

Image

Also that box!

Image

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:11 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
The Sentinel/Astrotrain redeco previously appeared in the Cybertron Convobat comic as Magna Convoy's ship.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27407
News Credits: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:59 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:The Sentinel/Astrotrain redeco previously appeared in the Cybertron Convobat comic as Magna Convoy's ship.

Wow, I had to go back to the Convobat comic and almost missed it. It's so zoomed in on an awkward angle of the front of the shuttle it's hard to make out exactly what it is and the colors are different, but you're right. I feel like they were intentionally being obscure back then because they made it extremely obvious what the ship is in this comic. They even made the fists visible (though they colored one blue) as if they were ready to reveal something. Convobat's body was pretty badly damaged in the end so it wouldn't hurt to have a new one.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Sentinel/Astrotrain redeco previously appeared in the Cybertron Convobat comic as Magna Convoy's ship.

Wow, I had to go back to the Convobat comic and almost missed it. It's so zoomed in on an awkward angle of the front of the shuttle it's hard to make out exactly what it is and the colors are different, but you're right. I feel like they were intentionally being obscure back then because they made it extremely obvious what the ship is in this comic. They even made the fists visible (though they colored one blue) as if they were ready to reveal something. Convobat's body was pretty badly damaged in the end so it wouldn't hurt to have a new one.

Emerje


Damaged but not destroyed. I'd also like to point out that the epilogue of Convobat's comic leads directly to the end of Magna Convoy comic.

As for the identity of the Sentinel Prime/Astrotrain ship, I'd leave it as just a ship for now until we see a new Headmaster clone, maybe in the form of a Shuffler redeco ;)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18601
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:As for the identity of the Sentinel Prime/Astrotrain ship, I'd leave it as just a ship for now until we see a new Headmaster clone, maybe in the form of a Shuffler redeco ;)


Shuffler with partner vehicle plus the Sentinel/Astro body would make for a very fun update for Big Convoy if they were ever able to revive him. Maybe his spark is in the sword?

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online

Postby Va'al » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Emerje, we have the third page of the comic that currently accompanies the pre-order campaign for the e-Hobby shop exclusive Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Magna Convoy - the blue redeco of the Classics Optimus Prime mold. Check it out below in Japanese, along with a nice look at the packaging and its box art!

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image

Kurona wrote:this is so adorava'al

Bronzewolf wrote:-Insert "Va'alvatron" pun here-
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 14140
News Credits: 139
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:47 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
So I decided to order Magna Convoy via proxy direct from e-Hobby. If everything goes smoothly I'll post a guide on how to do it. Right now I'm at 8,100JPY (US$71) after tax and shipping to the proxy service. Hardest part was trying to make sure I got the address right. Shipping and proxy fee is estimated at about $15 if the weight at BBTS is accurate so that's US$86 total if all goes well. Great price compared to US$95 plus shipping at HLJ or US$110 plus shipping at the usual importers.

We'll see what happens in May.

Maybe I should do a test run with Cloud Shockwave... :-?

(edit) There's a payment hold from e-Hobby for $70.93 on my bank account so that's one hurdle. :)

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Albatross250 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:12 am

Motto: "The Iron Cross is the Power of all Matrix!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
IS THAT ASTROTRAIN BEING TEASED IN THIS COMIC/MANGA? :shock:
:lol: :CON:
Albatross250
Minibot
Posts: 165
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 am
Alt Mode: Battleship Gneisenau
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:04 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Albatross250 wrote:IS THAT ASTROTRAIN BEING TEASED IN THIS COMIC/MANGA? :shock:
:lol: :CON:
It's Magna Convoy's ship. It doesn't have Astrotrain's (or Sentinel Prime's) color scheme.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27407
News Credits: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Starsaber468 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Something tells me Magna Convoy's ship will become an new character, or an already existant character
User avatar
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 502
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:32 pm
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby megatronus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I remain amazed at how well this mold has held up. And we get him in Blue!!!

Definitely one for the Diaclone shelf.
Image

Check out my eBay Store!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5332
News Credits: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

New Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy

Postby Va'al » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:09 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The advertising for the upcoming e-Hobby Transformers exclusive figure Magna Convoy, a redeco of the Classics Voyager Optimus Prime toy, is back on track, as their official Twitter account has shared two new images of the blue-sworded blue robot. Check them out below!

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image

Kurona wrote:this is so adorava'al

Bronzewolf wrote:-Insert "Va'alvatron" pun here-
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 14140
News Credits: 139
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby megatronus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
He's beautiful... but I'll wait for a sale.
Image

Check out my eBay Store!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5332
News Credits: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I must be blind: I just now noticed the grille, bumper and even the gun are chromed! :shock:
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18601
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
is this the retirement figure for this mold? It's had a long run. Still got my original. Also by looking at that comic I'm glad I got Straxus (or Darkmount, whatever) again. Despite some flaws with the figrue (and it's small size for a character often portrayed as being pretty chunky) I do like it and it was super cheap.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean any offense to anyone. I'm just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Movieverse, Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie.
Dislikes: TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Quantum Surge » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Motto: "It's not who i am underneath, but what i do that defines me."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I'd like to see this go with the Powered Convoy colored City Commander trailer.
User avatar
Quantum Surge
Mini-Con
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:46 am
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller.""
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Carnivius_Prime wrote:is this the retirement figure for this mold? It's had a long run. Still got my original.


I don't know what it is, but the 2006 Classics Voyager Optimus Prime mold is just timeless. It's been in use for almost 11 years now, and every time a new repaint comes out, I wanna snatch it up. It's a very satisfying figure, even though it's got some flaws, even though engineering has improved greatly since then, and even though Hasbro and Takara Tomy could probably do a much better definite "Classics/Neo-G1" Optimus Prime mold now, something about this 2006 mold will always hold a special charm for me.

Magna Convoy really rocks the mold with that beautiful blue deco too. Blue is my favorite color, so yeah, there's no way I can pass on this. You win again, e-Hobby!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Godmaster
Posts: 1932
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I must be blind: I just now noticed the grille, bumper and even the gun are chromed! :shock:

Easy to miss, in the earliest images they appeared to be using silver paint, the chrome didn't come until later.
Image

I really love how vibrant the colors look in the new photos. Can't wait for this to come out!

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:40 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:
I don't know what it is, but the 2006 Classics Voyager Optimus Prime mold is just timeless. It's been in use for almost 11 years now, and every time a new repaint comes out, I wanna snatch it up. It's a very satisfying figure, even though it's got some flaws, even though engineering has improved greatly since then, and even though Hasbro and Takara Tomy could probably do a much better definite "Classics/Neo-G1" Optimus Prime mold now, something about this 2006 mold will always hold a special charm for me.

Magna Convoy really rocks the mold with that beautiful blue deco too. Blue is my favorite color, so yeah, there's no way I can pass on this. You win again, e-Hobby!



Yeah it's still a fun mold if a bit clunky and the original has been my G1 Prime since I got it for christmas 2006 (the only time in my adult life I ever received a Transformer as a christmas present) and I pose it with the recent Titans Megatron. I don't need loads of redecoes of it myself. Did have the all white 'Ultra Magnus' and Skywarp double pack for a while but sold that within a few months. Anyways sounds like this figure is ideal for you so enjoy. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean any offense to anyone. I'm just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Movieverse, Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie.
Dislikes: TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 32 minutes 40 seconds
1986 Transformers G1 Tantrum Predaking Right Foot Weapon Vintage Accessory Part - Time Remaining: 11 days 1 hour 34 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA GALVATRON FIGURE - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 34 minutes 1 second
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON AUTOBOT ARK AND EXCLUSIVE AUTOBOT ROLLER - Time Remaining: 9 days 10 hours 35 minutes 20 seconds
CARRERA GO!! ~ Transformers Bumblebee & Lockdown ~ 1:43 Scale Slot Cars ~ EUC!!! - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 35 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Ratchet - Marvel Version - Botcon 2016 w/ Stickers - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 38 minutes 48 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ENERGON 2004 STEAMHAMMER CONSTUCTICON MAXIMUS MOC - Time Remaining: 5 days 39 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Ratchet - Sunbow Version - Botcon 2016 w/ Stickers - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 40 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #173 - Crossing The Rubicon
Twincast / Podcast #173:
"Crossing The Rubicon"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 24th, 2017
Website Security Test