Fallout 3

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Scatterlung wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Bioware solved that problem very nicely in Mass Effect. You have a list of options giving the gist of what you can say, and the character will fully voice what you said.


Well I'm a PS3 user, and all we got was Dragon Age, where they ditched that feature, sadly. It would honestly have made the game amazing.


Even weirder is that Dragon Age Origins came out in between Mass Effect 1 and 2, and both of those games had the same conversation system. So it's not like they ditched it when Dragon Age Origins came out, they just didn't include it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30155
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Scatterlung » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Shadowman wrote:
Scatterlung wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Bioware solved that problem very nicely in Mass Effect. You have a list of options giving the gist of what you can say, and the character will fully voice what you said.


Well I'm a PS3 user, and all we got was Dragon Age, where they ditched that feature, sadly. It would honestly have made the game amazing.


Even weirder is that Dragon Age Origins came out in between Mass Effect 1 and 2, and both of those games had the same conversation system. So it's not like they ditched it when Dragon Age Origins came out, they just didn't include it.


So... wait, what?
User avatar
Scatterlung
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:52 am
Location: England, yo
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Fallout 3

Postby The Happy Locust » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Shadowman wrote:
Scatterlung wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Bioware solved that problem very nicely in Mass Effect. You have a list of options giving the gist of what you can say, and the character will fully voice what you said.


Well I'm a PS3 user, and all we got was Dragon Age, where they ditched that feature, sadly. It would honestly have made the game amazing.


Even weirder is that Dragon Age Origins came out in between Mass Effect 1 and 2, and both of those games had the same conversation system. So it's not like they ditched it when Dragon Age Origins came out, they just didn't include it.


My guess is that the conversation trees for Dragon age would have been too difficult to fully voice given the amount of variation in the character design. Creating unique spoken voice chains for each origin for each race per gender would be something along the line of 15 different voices that would need to be spoken throughout the game, then multiplied by however many variations (moody, brave, sultry, etc) on the individual voices they wanted to go with. Haven't played Mass effect but my understanding is that you're always the same basic character. You can vary gender and style but the basic story's the same and much more manageable to voice. At least, that's how I see it.

And granted, fully voiced PC dialog in DA:O would've been awesome.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Scatterlung » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
Saints Row 2 was on the way to doing it. Even though only one of those voices were any good... Not as much variation but feh.
User avatar
Scatterlung
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:52 am
Location: England, yo
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Scatterlung wrote:Saints Row 2 was on the way to doing it. Even though only one of those voices were any good... Not as much variation but feh.


You should see/hear Splinter Cell Conviction. The worst enemy chatter ever. And they never shut up.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30155
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Blackstreak » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Oops, sorry. I thought this was about Fallout 3.

*Looks around* Oh yea, I guess it is. :lol:
Anyways, I've playing Fallout 3 on my roomie's 360 and immediately got hooked. Since I've played Oblivion for several years (it seems) I figures Fallout 3 can't be that bad. It's pretty awesome so I bought a PC version of the Game of the Year edition. Still waiting for it to show up in the mail.
I do wish they had voice dialogue for the main character. It would add so much more to the game too. Can't wait to check out the player creation kit so I can do my own weapons and whatnot.
Image

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Gestalt
Posts: 2063
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Norwood, OH
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I love Fallout 3... I can't wait for New Vegas either!
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18898
News Credits: 12
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Just Negare » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:35 am

Motto: "Who ate all the pies?"
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Well, I managed to fix the thing, all I had to do was that " bUseThreadedAI=1" change thing. No problems since.

I agree with you Shadowman about getting from A to B, but I reached a tolerance for it when you get that perk where you can travel through the map without having to traspe across the landscape.

I've already pre-ordered New Vegas, I like what's seen so far.

Friggin' mirelurks make me smile, though.
Something memorable here.
Just Negare
City Commander
Posts: 3235
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:11 pm
Location: Not at work is where.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Lazarus81 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:32 pm

I liked fall out 3,but I thought it ran short on the story. The game ends and your done, Marrow winds always let you continue on. I also think there should be a vehicle and other dogs. I like the hole team deal, but not crazy about the fighting, it gets kinda repetitive, getting hit multiple time is okay but should be explained by armor. If you hit an enemy in the head or heart with a bullet they should die. i think if you could mix fall out with call of duty, it would be one hell of a game. I also wish u could make your character with a little more detail. still a must have game
Lazarus81
Mini-Con
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Fallout 3

Postby The Happy Locust » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
Lazarus81 wrote:I liked fall out 3,but I thought it ran short on the story. The game ends and your done, Marrow winds always let you continue on. I also think there should be a vehicle and other dogs. I like the hole team deal, but not crazy about the fighting, it gets kinda repetitive, getting hit multiple time is okay but should be explained by armor. If you hit an enemy in the head or heart with a bullet they should die. i think if you could mix fall out with call of duty, it would be one hell of a game. I also wish u could make your character with a little more detail. still a must have game


The main Fallout game ends abruptly, but they added a post-game story in the Broken Steel expansion that lets you continue playing post-endgame. Seemed like a bit of a cop-out to me but it was still fun, if a bit linear.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Blackstreak » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:29 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
The only down side to this game is the level cap...and I agree on the getting shot in the head or heart. You should be dead. Period. But I guess they didn't do that because then everyone would be doing head shots in VATS.

Wait a minute, I already do primarily headshots anyways. Theres less armor there.

Been experimenting with the GECK. Well, trying too but nothing shows up in the cell view window for me to duplicate. Either I missed something in the installation or this is a failure program.
Image

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Gestalt
Posts: 2063
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Norwood, OH
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS 5 THE LAST KNIGHT ONE-STEP TURBO CHANGER W1 BARRICADE FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 7 minutes 25 seconds
2012 Transformers Prime First Edition Bumblebee Prime Deluxe Class - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 8 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Mastermind Creations Knight Morpher KM-06 Stormer Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 15 minutes 40 seconds
New Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30th Anniversary Jetfire -In Stock - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Movie Platinum Edition Crankcase Vehicon No Box New Free Ship - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 35 minutes 29 seconds
New Transformers UN11 TF United Auto Bot Grapple PAINTED - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 41 minutes
Transformers  Deluxe GENERATIONS SKY SHADOW SEALED NEW MOC MISP complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 49 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers  Deluxe GENERATIONS BLURR SEALED NEW MOC MISP complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 53 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test