Fighting Games

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Fighting Games

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:14 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Anyone know when Tekken 7's coming out for the PS4? And as slim as the chances are, might there be a PS3 version?

IMO, the jump in graphics from the PS3 to the PS4 isn't quite as wide as, say, the jump from the PS1 to the PS2. I find PS3 graphics to still be good enough that they don't look dated, so if there's a PS3 version of a game, I usually try to get that once since it's cheaper than the PS4 version.

Again, just my opinions here.


There's a good and a bad at that. I love the PS3 (busted mine (slim ver. 1) after 5 years)and hope to buy a replacement one soon. But as you mentioned, the jump from PS3 to PS4 isn't that wide but in DOA5LR, the extra polys on the PS4 version, the ladies faces make them look actually like their packaging renders.

If PS3 still going strong, more likely there will be PS3 for Tekken 7 but if SONY and Bandai Namco really want to push for the latest gen, then there might be only PS4/Xbone.So the developers will be forced are be given an easier task of maximizing the beauty of their works.

As for the release, maybe fall? I'm basing that on the potential sales windfall. So try checking September 2015. That or Maybe February 2016....after the Chinese New Year.
Shadowman to quote

"Puberty is a hell of a drug......get out of my office!"


"Shelfwarming"
colloquial term for a toy or product that either fails to sell well or is over-produced, leaving residual quantities on store shelves for months or even years after its original release
User avatar
fenrir72
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9989
News Credits: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Fighting Games

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:47 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
fenrir72 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Anyone know when Tekken 7's coming out for the PS4? And as slim as the chances are, might there be a PS3 version?

IMO, the jump in graphics from the PS3 to the PS4 isn't quite as wide as, say, the jump from the PS1 to the PS2. I find PS3 graphics to still be good enough that they don't look dated, so if there's a PS3 version of a game, I usually try to get that once since it's cheaper than the PS4 version.

Again, just my opinions here.


There's a good and a bad at that. I love the PS3 (busted mine (slim ver. 1) after 5 years)and hope to buy a replacement one soon. But as you mentioned, the jump from PS3 to PS4 isn't that wide but in DOA5LR, the extra polys on the PS4 version, the ladies faces make them look actually like their packaging renders.

If PS3 still going strong, more likely there will be PS3 for Tekken 7 but if SONY and Bandai Namco really want to push for the latest gen, then there might be only PS4/Xbone.So the developers will be forced are be given an easier task of maximizing the beauty of their works.

As for the release, maybe fall? I'm basing that on the potential sales windfall. So try checking September 2015. That or Maybe February 2016....after the Chinese New Year.


LOL, my fatty PS3 recently died at the age of 6, succumbing to the dreaded YLOD. Thing is, I'd been treating it like royalty, never playing for more than 2.5 hours and always turning the AC on. Either way, I decided to get a second one (the "George Foreman grill" version :lol: ) after hearing that the PS4 won't be backward compatible.

Well, I guess as time passes, game companies will quickly learn to push the PS4 to its limits. I haven't been keeping up with DOA, but I reckon fighting games which capitalize on cutting-edge CG graphics will naturally pay a lot of attention to making their characters as realistic as possible.

Personally, I think the PS3 is still pretty relevant, and will probably remain so for the next couple of years. The thing is, game developers will most likely pay less and less attention to prettying up the PS3 versions of their games. The graphics on my PS3 copy of Watchdogs looked only marginally better than a top-tier PS2 game. :-(

And thanks for the heads-up on Tekken 7's potential release date. I expected it to be much earlier since the arcade version's already out (or close to release, I think). I just hope they'll ditch the wonky story mode mini-quest and return to the individual character levels where you fight a series of other characters to unlock their respective endings.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Fighting Games

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:21 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Anyone know when Tekken 7's coming out for the PS4? And as slim as the chances are, might there be a PS3 version?

IMO, the jump in graphics from the PS3 to the PS4 isn't quite as wide as, say, the jump from the PS1 to the PS2. I find PS3 graphics to still be good enough that they don't look dated, so if there's a PS3 version of a game, I usually try to get that once since it's cheaper than the PS4 version.

Again, just my opinions here.


There's a good and a bad at that. I love the PS3 (busted mine (slim ver. 1) after 5 years)and hope to buy a replacement one soon. But as you mentioned, the jump from PS3 to PS4 isn't that wide but in DOA5LR, the extra polys on the PS4 version, the ladies faces make them look actually like their packaging renders.

If PS3 still going strong, more likely there will be PS3 for Tekken 7 but if SONY and Bandai Namco really want to push for the latest gen, then there might be only PS4/Xbone.So the developers will be forced are be given an easier task of maximizing the beauty of their works.

As for the release, maybe fall? I'm basing that on the potential sales windfall. So try checking September 2015. That or Maybe February 2016....after the Chinese New Year.


LOL, my fatty PS3 recently died at the age of 6, succumbing to the dreaded YLOD. Thing is, I'd been treating it like royalty, never playing for more than 2.5 hours and always turning the AC on. Either way, I decided to get a second one (the "George Foreman grill" version :lol: ) after hearing that the PS4 won't be backward compatible.

Well, I guess as time passes, game companies will quickly learn to push the PS4 to its limits. I haven't been keeping up with DOA, but I reckon fighting games which capitalize on cutting-edge CG graphics will naturally pay a lot of attention to making their characters as realistic as possible.

Personally, I think the PS3 is still pretty relevant, and will probably remain so for the next couple of years. The thing is, game developers will most likely pay less and less attention to prettying up the PS3 versions of their games. The graphics on my PS3 copy of Watchdogs looked only marginally better than a top-tier PS2 game. :-(

And thanks for the heads-up on Tekken 7's potential release date. I expected it to be much earlier since the arcade version's already out (or close to release, I think). I just hope they'll ditch the wonky story mode mini-quest and return to the individual character levels where you fight a series of other characters to unlock their respective endings.


My fat slim :lol: technically still runs. Just won't read discs. :sad: Treated it too like royalty :grin:

Btw, must have had a brain fart as my post did not make sense here "So the developers will be forced are be given an easier task of maximizing the beauty of their works."

This should have stated "the developers will be now forced to make an easier task as to maximize a game and not downgrade it to PS3 levels." thus maximizing the beauty of their works"

The release date I made is just an inference/speculation. I hope it bears true (crossing my fingers)
Shadowman to quote

"Puberty is a hell of a drug......get out of my office!"


"Shelfwarming"
colloquial term for a toy or product that either fails to sell well or is over-produced, leaving residual quantities on store shelves for months or even years after its original release
User avatar
fenrir72
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9989
News Credits: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Fighting Games

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:44 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
fenrir72 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Anyone know when Tekken 7's coming out for the PS4? And as slim as the chances are, might there be a PS3 version?

IMO, the jump in graphics from the PS3 to the PS4 isn't quite as wide as, say, the jump from the PS1 to the PS2. I find PS3 graphics to still be good enough that they don't look dated, so if there's a PS3 version of a game, I usually try to get that once since it's cheaper than the PS4 version.

Again, just my opinions here.


There's a good and a bad at that. I love the PS3 (busted mine (slim ver. 1) after 5 years)and hope to buy a replacement one soon. But as you mentioned, the jump from PS3 to PS4 isn't that wide but in DOA5LR, the extra polys on the PS4 version, the ladies faces make them look actually like their packaging renders.

If PS3 still going strong, more likely there will be PS3 for Tekken 7 but if SONY and Bandai Namco really want to push for the latest gen, then there might be only PS4/Xbone.So the developers will be forced are be given an easier task of maximizing the beauty of their works.

As for the release, maybe fall? I'm basing that on the potential sales windfall. So try checking September 2015. That or Maybe February 2016....after the Chinese New Year.


LOL, my fatty PS3 recently died at the age of 6, succumbing to the dreaded YLOD. Thing is, I'd been treating it like royalty, never playing for more than 2.5 hours and always turning the AC on. Either way, I decided to get a second one (the "George Foreman grill" version :lol: ) after hearing that the PS4 won't be backward compatible.

Well, I guess as time passes, game companies will quickly learn to push the PS4 to its limits. I haven't been keeping up with DOA, but I reckon fighting games which capitalize on cutting-edge CG graphics will naturally pay a lot of attention to making their characters as realistic as possible.

Personally, I think the PS3 is still pretty relevant, and will probably remain so for the next couple of years. The thing is, game developers will most likely pay less and less attention to prettying up the PS3 versions of their games. The graphics on my PS3 copy of Watchdogs looked only marginally better than a top-tier PS2 game. :-(

And thanks for the heads-up on Tekken 7's potential release date. I expected it to be much earlier since the arcade version's already out (or close to release, I think). I just hope they'll ditch the wonky story mode mini-quest and return to the individual character levels where you fight a series of other characters to unlock their respective endings.


My fat slim :lol: technically still runs. Just won't read discs. :sad: Treated it too like royalty :grin:

Btw, must have had a brain fart as my post did not make sense here "So the developers will be forced are be given an easier task of maximizing the beauty of their works."

This should have stated "the developers will be now forced to make an easier task as to maximize a game and not downgrade it to PS3 levels." thus maximizing the beauty of their works"

The release date I made is just an inference/speculation. I hope it bears true (crossing my fingers)


A PS3 that won't read discs...it should make a nice seat warmer in those cold winter months. :lol:

LOL, I had to do a little guesswork on what you meant, but I got the gist of it. :D Yeah, it's probably one way or the other, and it seems more and more are choosing to make their games PS4/XBone exclusive instead of PS3/XB 360 compatible.

Square Enix has always been a bit of graphics snob with their FF games, so I don't expect them to make their games compatible with last gen consoles, and some of the AAA upcoming titles are also doing the same. Arkham Knight won't be available for PS3 either.

I'm hoping for an early release on Tekken 7 too. Funny how we got 2 full-fledged Tekken games on the PS2, and only one on the PS3 (not counting the Tag Tournaments). Been waiting a long time for 7.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Fighting Games

Postby BeastProwl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
MKX has Jason, Predator, and I hear rumors we might get Ash Williams, and they have everything they need to add Spawn in. This freaking game is looking up. All these trailers recently are amazing, and Jax is getting a Dillan skin for predator, and Johnny Cage is getting a "cammando johnny" as well.
Only thing I CANT STAND is no cyborgs. none. No Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Subzero, Smoke or Noob Saibot either, and smoke was my main in mk9. It bugs me because the cyborgs were a big part of the last story in mk9. I really wanted cyber smoke too. They could have brought back Noob-Smoke to kill two birds with one stone, but they focused on all the new guys and some characters had to get cut. Oh well, scorpion's apprentice looks badass and Jax's daughter looks to be taking the place of the cyborgs, so thats that I suppose.
Image

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6411
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Fighting Games

Postby Haohmaru Man » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:01 am

I play

Samurai Shodown 1-6
kof 94-03
art of fighting 1-3
fatal fury 1-3
real bout fatal fury 1 - 2
Haohmaru Man
Mini-Con
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:58 am
Watch Haohmaru Man on YouTube

Re: Fighting Games

Postby Haohmaru Man » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:03 am

i dont like mk, but i like mileena and johnny cage
Haohmaru Man
Mini-Con
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:58 am
Watch Haohmaru Man on YouTube

Previous

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

FUNKO POP MOVIES OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION VINYL FIGURE RARE - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 37 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers G1 1990 STARSCREAM 100% complete action master Turbo Jet figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 hours 41 minutes 56 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark Of The Moon DOTM Leader Optimus Prime + Megatron Pack - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 42 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 42 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Kabaya Wave 1 Star Saber G1 Convoy and Henkei Convoy MISB - Time Remaining: 16 days 21 hours 46 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNITED MEGATRON UN-09 voyager class gun 2010 takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 47 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Titans Return TESLOR & BRAINSTORM Walgreens Exclusive Generations - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 48 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Kabaya Wave 1 Henkei Optimus Prime Model Kit MISB - Time Remaining: 9 days 8 hours 53 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #173 - Crossing The Rubicon
Twincast / Podcast #173:
"Crossing The Rubicon"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 24th, 2017
Website Security Test