Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun

For those wondering: CRT or Critical Race Theory is basically racist propaganda implying that white people (including children) are inherently evil oppressors, intrinsically tying the concept of "whiteness" to racism. This includes non-white individuals who do not agree with CRT, who apparently have "implicit whiteness".

To summarise the content of the video; a Hasbro employee blew the whistle on Hasbro consulting with an entity known as "Conscious Kid" which basically involved them forcing indoctrination of the afforementioned CRT onto Hasbro's employees. Presumably with the intent to push said narrative into Hasbro media and toy aisle product to indoctrinate children.

TLDR: Hasbro is pushing racist twaddle onto their employees and children.
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Christiano » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:36 am

This is not at all what CRT is. You might as well say that teaching American history is endorsing Native American genocide. Sticking the word 'race' in the middle of critical theory doesn't somehow change the meaning of an academic concept.

Unless you're going to college, you'll likely never have to deal with it. If it's at your job and you don't like it, do what everybody tells Walmart employees to do when they pushed anti-union propaganda on their employees during orientation: find a new job.
Christiano
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:30 am

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
It's a clown world we live in now and really I hope humanity ends soon...
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box of social media to think for you.
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9833
News Credits: 97
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: Just west of New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:11 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Misrepresenting what something mean? Check
poopy inspiring music that drowns out the speakers? Check
History of BS videos? tripple check
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13899
News Credits: 767
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:54 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Dead Metal wrote:Misrepresenting what something mean? Check
poopy inspiring music that drowns out the speakers? Check
History of BS videos? tripple check

You seem surprised >:oP
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 12793
News Credits: 1140
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Operation Ravage » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:22 am

Welp, I got pulled out of retirement on this one.

CRT is real. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not real. The argument that it's "racist against white people" is largely reactionary and doesn't address the crux of the thesis.

The basic summation of critical race theory is that white people have benefited from their strategic positioning throughout human history, and that white people continue to enjoy privileges that other races do not have access to as a result of this generational benefit. This is been proven time and time again and can be seen by the casual observer.

Critical race theory (although it was not called that then) entered the public consciousness following Brown vs. the Board of Education when segregation was ruled unconstitutional. The genesis of the thesis as we currently know it gained further traction following the Rodney King riots and the publication of Yuuyaraq: The Way of the Human Being by Dr. Harold Napoleon in 1996. In his thesis, Napoleon lays out the idea that stereotypical issues that face Alaskan Native people (such as homelessness, joblessness, and alcoholism) stem from maladaptive coping mechanisms developed throughout generations in response to the plagues that wiped out 90% of some Native communities during the turn of the last century. If you're interested, it's free, a quick read, and quite informative: http://ankn.uaf.edu/Publications/Books/Yuuyaraq.pdf

The people who don't believe we are at a critical reckoning on race in this country are living with their head in the sand. Whether you are conservative or liberal, that's the truth and that's the way the world is leaning.

Do people have to be explicitly taught about race? Apparently so, because we're doing a pretty garbage job otherwise.

And finally, Hasbro "pushing CRT training on your staff and children?" Please. You're the parent. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's capitalism, baby. It's the same reason I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A or buy Goya. But don't clutch your pearls and go "wHaT aBoUt tHe ChIlDrEn." That's a fallacy, not an argument.

And I've turned into Kittie Rose in my old age. God damn it.

Anyway, I said my piece, I'm out. See you guys in another ten years.
Image
Operation Ravage
Fuzor
Posts: 246
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:39 am

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:00 pm

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
You know what, I was going to just forget I even bothered with this, but this just couldn't be left unanswered.
Operation Ravage wrote:Welp, I got pulled out of retirement on this one.

CRT is real.

"And that's a good thing!"
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not real. The argument that it's "racist against white people" is largely reactionary and doesn't address the crux of the thesis.

It is literally telling children that they should judge people by the colour of their skin. That is racist. Doesn't matter how you dance around it, suggesting that someone is only successful because of/should be ashamed over their skin is textbook racism.
The basic summation of critical race theory is that white people have benefited from their strategic positioning throughout human history, and that white people continue to enjoy privileges that other races do not have access to as a result of this generational benefit.

Which is Marxist nonsense pushed into academia largely by Soviet agent provocateurs during the Cold War as a means to destabilize the West. "White privilege" is a myth. Go to modern day South Africa or Zimbabwe and tell me how privileged the white farmers who were murdered are.
This is been proven time and time again and can be seen by the casual observer.

[Citation needed]
I've cut out the large wall of text because it was mostly recycled Marxist pap from subverted sources. (And before you start crying- the United States academia has been compromised since the 1960s.)
The people who don't believe we are at a critical reckoning on race in this country are living with their head in the sand. Whether you are conservative or liberal, that's the truth and that's the way the world is leaning.

Oh you are for sure, but I don't think it's going to go the way you think it is.
Do people have to be explicitly taught about race? Apparently so, because we're doing a pretty garbage job otherwise.

You're right, I will teach my children about race using concrete statistics such as 13% of population committing 50% of- Oh wait, no, that's not what you want. Maybe a disproportionate amount of media jobs being occupied by a race that makes up only 0.2% of- Wait, no, that'll get my kids taken away too. Hmmm, almost like this whole thing is being pushed in a particular direction.
And finally, Hasbro "pushing CRT training on your staff and children?" Please.

I mean they market directly to children, so yes.
You're the parent. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

That's fine, I won't.
That's capitalism, baby.

Indeed, which is one of the reasons free-market capitalism has demonstrated itself to be a failure and must be more strictly regulated when the current sociopolitical zeitgeist blows over (probably in spectacular fashion when the establishment comes crashing down).
It's the same reason I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A or buy Goya.

And you don't have to, but I have every right to bring these things to people's attention so they can make an informed choice about companies who are pushing white-guilt complexes on people.
But don't clutch your pearls and go "wHaT aBoUt tHe ChIlDrEn." That's a fallacy, not an argument.

It literally isn't. Or are you one of the people that thinks the murder of the unborn is justified?
Anyway, I said my piece, I'm out. See you guys in another ten years.

Or hopefully not, if this is the level of discourse you're spouting.
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Operation Ravage » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Deleted.

Like I said, see you in another ten years.
Image
Operation Ravage
Fuzor
Posts: 246
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:39 am

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:11 pm

Motto: "Contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it."
I love Chik-fil-A. It's delicious.

And CRT is bullshit leftist propaganda. My opinion only, of course.
.With the left in control, we live in Orwell's 1984,
.only the method of surveillance is social media.
.Image
.Reject tyranny and oppression. Let's go Brandon!
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12973
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:16 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Operation Ravage wrote:Welp, I got pulled out of retirement on this one.

CRT is real. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not real. The argument that it's "racist against white people" is largely reactionary and doesn't address the crux of the thesis.

The basic summation of critical race theory is that white people have benefited from their strategic positioning throughout human history, and that white people continue to enjoy privileges that other races do not have access to as a result of this generational benefit. This is been proven time and time again and can be seen by the casual observer.

Critical race theory (although it was not called that then) entered the public consciousness following Brown vs. the Board of Education when segregation was ruled unconstitutional. The genesis of the thesis as we currently know it gained further traction following the Rodney King riots and the publication of Yuuyaraq: The Way of the Human Being by Dr. Harold Napoleon in 1996. In his thesis, Napoleon lays out the idea that stereotypical issues that face Alaskan Native people (such as homelessness, joblessness, and alcoholism) stem from maladaptive coping mechanisms developed throughout generations in response to the plagues that wiped out 90% of some Native communities during the turn of the last century. If you're interested, it's free, a quick read, and quite informative: http://ankn.uaf.edu/Publications/Books/Yuuyaraq.pdf

The people who don't believe we are at a critical reckoning on race in this country are living with their head in the sand. Whether you are conservative or liberal, that's the truth and that's the way the world is leaning.

Do people have to be explicitly taught about race? Apparently so, because we're doing a pretty garbage job otherwise.

And finally, Hasbro "pushing CRT training on your staff and children?" Please. You're the parent. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's capitalism, baby. It's the same reason I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A or buy Goya. But don't clutch your pearls and go "wHaT aBoUt tHe ChIlDrEn." That's a fallacy, not an argument.

And I've turned into Kittie Rose in my old age. God damn it.

Anyway, I said my piece, I'm out. See you guys in another ten years.


This is 100% correct.
Proud Leftist Progressive Woke SJW.
Conservatives will always screw people.
I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:34 am

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
Operation Ravage wrote:Welp, I got pulled out of retirement on this one.

CRT is real. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not real. The argument that it's "racist against white people" is largely reactionary and doesn't address the crux of the thesis.

The basic summation of critical race theory is that white people have benefited from their strategic positioning throughout human history, and that white people continue to enjoy privileges that other races do not have access to as a result of this generational benefit. This is been proven time and time again and can be seen by the casual observer.

Critical race theory (although it was not called that then) entered the public consciousness following Brown vs. the Board of Education when segregation was ruled unconstitutional. The genesis of the thesis as we currently know it gained further traction following the Rodney King riots and the publication of Yuuyaraq: The Way of the Human Being by Dr. Harold Napoleon in 1996. In his thesis, Napoleon lays out the idea that stereotypical issues that face Alaskan Native people (such as homelessness, joblessness, and alcoholism) stem from maladaptive coping mechanisms developed throughout generations in response to the plagues that wiped out 90% of some Native communities during the turn of the last century. If you're interested, it's free, a quick read, and quite informative: http://ankn.uaf.edu/Publications/Books/Yuuyaraq.pdf

The people who don't believe we are at a critical reckoning on race in this country are living with their head in the sand. Whether you are conservative or liberal, that's the truth and that's the way the world is leaning.

Do people have to be explicitly taught about race? Apparently so, because we're doing a pretty garbage job otherwise.

And finally, Hasbro "pushing CRT training on your staff and children?" Please. You're the parent. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's capitalism, baby. It's the same reason I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A or buy Goya. But don't clutch your pearls and go "wHaT aBoUt tHe ChIlDrEn." That's a fallacy, not an argument.

And I've turned into Kittie Rose in my old age. God damn it.

Anyway, I said my piece, I'm out. See you guys in another ten years.



This, this and whopping great pile of hot, steamy chips with brown sauce on 'em.

Also, aren't political/derogatory threads like this one against the site rules? Regardless, I'm off to add all of the users who've posted neo-nazi, alt-right hate-speech to the block list, so at least threads like this help to separate the wheat from the chaff, sotospeak.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1273
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:46 am

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
primalxconvoy wrote:
Operation Ravage wrote:Welp, I got pulled out of retirement on this one.

CRT is real. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not real. The argument that it's "racist against white people" is largely reactionary and doesn't address the crux of the thesis.

The basic summation of critical race theory is that white people have benefited from their strategic positioning throughout human history, and that white people continue to enjoy privileges that other races do not have access to as a result of this generational benefit. This is been proven time and time again and can be seen by the casual observer.

Critical race theory (although it was not called that then) entered the public consciousness following Brown vs. the Board of Education when segregation was ruled unconstitutional. The genesis of the thesis as we currently know it gained further traction following the Rodney King riots and the publication of Yuuyaraq: The Way of the Human Being by Dr. Harold Napoleon in 1996. In his thesis, Napoleon lays out the idea that stereotypical issues that face Alaskan Native people (such as homelessness, joblessness, and alcoholism) stem from maladaptive coping mechanisms developed throughout generations in response to the plagues that wiped out 90% of some Native communities during the turn of the last century. If you're interested, it's free, a quick read, and quite informative: http://ankn.uaf.edu/Publications/Books/Yuuyaraq.pdf

The people who don't believe we are at a critical reckoning on race in this country are living with their head in the sand. Whether you are conservative or liberal, that's the truth and that's the way the world is leaning.

Do people have to be explicitly taught about race? Apparently so, because we're doing a pretty garbage job otherwise.

And finally, Hasbro "pushing CRT training on your staff and children?" Please. You're the parent. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's capitalism, baby. It's the same reason I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A or buy Goya. But don't clutch your pearls and go "wHaT aBoUt tHe ChIlDrEn." That's a fallacy, not an argument.

And I've turned into Kittie Rose in my old age. God damn it.

Anyway, I said my piece, I'm out. See you guys in another ten years.



This, this and whopping great pile of hot, steamy chips with brown sauce on 'em.

Also, aren't political/derogatory threads like this one against the site rules? Regardless, I'm off to add all of the users who've posted neo-nazi, alt-right hate-speech to the block list, so at least threads like this help to separate the wheat from the chaff, sotospeak.

Wasn't aware that "I think judging people based on the colour of their skin is bad" was "neo-nazi alt-right hate-speech". What a weird timeline we live in.
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Notimus Crime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:07 am

Motto: "Independence is the truth of every responsive creature"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Evil Eye wrote:Wasn't aware that "I think judging people based on the colour of their skin is bad" was "neo-nazi alt-right hate-speech". What a weird timeline we live in.

I mean, signaling the Jewish Question is pretty clearly a neo-nazi thing.
Maybe a disproportionate amount of media jobs being occupied by a race that makes up only 0.2% of-

And if you weren't signaling the Jewish Question I'd love to hear what other group that makes up 0.2% of the world population is a part of some shadowy media cabal to do any number of nefarious things. Also the whole "citing 13/50 without any discussion of the factors that lead to 13/50 because citing statistics devoid of context isn't very helpful to conversations on the topic of crime statistics but it makes it really easy to paint black people as intrinsically violent" is pretty clearly judging people by the color of their skin. Once again if I'm mischaracterizing your position on 13/50 and the Jewish Question it would be very helpful of you to quit vague posting and actually state your non-hateful, non-racist positions.
This transforming robot is in no way shape or form Optimus Prime
User avatar
Notimus Crime
Micromaster
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Watch Notimus Crime on YouTube
Alt Mode: Blue and red truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:23 am

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Notimus Crime wrote:
Evil Eye wrote:Wasn't aware that "I think judging people based on the colour of their skin is bad" was "neo-nazi alt-right hate-speech". What a weird timeline we live in.

I mean, signaling the Jewish Question is pretty clearly a neo-nazi thing.
Maybe a disproportionate amount of media jobs being occupied by a race that makes up only 0.2% of-

And if you weren't signaling the Jewish Question I'd love to hear what other group that makes up 0.2% of the world population is a part of some shadowy media cabal to do any number of nefarious things. Also the whole "citing 13/50 without any discussion of the factors that lead to 13/50 because citing statistics devoid of context isn't very helpful to conversations on the topic of crime statistics but it makes it really easy to paint black people as intrinsically violent" is pretty clearly judging people by the color of their skin. Once again if I'm mischaracterizing your position on 13/50 and the Jewish Question it would be very helpful of you to quit vague posting and actually state your non-hateful, non-racist positions.

You missed the point entirely- notably that sweeping generalizations on people aren't OK, regardless of whether they're white or black or whatever. Because the point "your side" seems to be making is that it's fine as long as the target is white people. Say "Ugh, I wish we didn't have so many white people in (X)" and you're allegedly making a valid point. Yet replace "white" with any other race and it's suddenly a hate crime. That's hypocrisy and racism, plain and simple.

But as you bring it up, why is it OK for one group to be disproportionately represented in a sector of society but not another? Genuinely curious. Also interesting that I never mentioned anything about shadowy cabals doing nefarious things, that's a suspiciously specific denial.
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Notimus Crime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:44 am

Motto: "Independence is the truth of every responsive creature"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Evil Eye wrote:You missed the point entirely- notably that sweeping generalizations on people aren't OK, regardless of whether they're white or black or whatever. Because the point "your side" seems to be making is that it's fine as long as the target is white people. Say "Ugh, I wish we didn't have so many white people in (X)" and you're allegedly making a valid point. Yet replace "white" with any other race and it's suddenly a hate crime. That's hypocrisy and racism, plain and simple.

But as you bring it up, why is it OK for one group to be disproportionately represented in a sector of society but not another? Genuinely curious. Also interesting that I never mentioned anything about shadowy cabals doing nefarious things, that's a suspiciously specific denial.

I mean that's literally what the Jewish question is. "The Jews are in positions of influence and are using it to do x thing to bring about degeneracy" It's a neo-Nazi talking point, it's anti-Jewish propaganda straight out of Nazi Germany but with media organizations/political positions instead of banks. Also if I missed the point it's because you did a terrible job at conveying it. You went "You wanna talk about race, let's talk about race! I'm going to talk about the race topics YOU don't want me to talk about!" and vague posted about 13/50 and the Jewish Question. I'm also wondering why the distinction between White and Jewish? Jewish is an ethnoreligious distinction not a race, it has nothing to do with the color of someone's skin. It's like being apprehensive about a disproportionate number of Irish people being in positions of influence.

Also I'd appreciate it if you didn't ascribe positions to me that I never stated. I don't really care one way or the other what the group a person in a media position happens to belong to. I think broader representation when it comes to media is nice but I'm not going to automatically be bothered if a corporation or particular piece of media is overwhelmingly White, straight, or whatever (speaking as a straight White guy). I do in fact think the left can be pretty weird with that but I don't think it's in any way harmful to push for greater diversity in media. Just as the right gets very weird and outraged any time any previously White/straight character is cast a different race/comes out as a different sexuality (even though this supposedly doesn't/shouldn't matter). Or when Hasbro literally just removes the "Mr." from the name of the "Mr. Potato Head" line but still sells both Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads in that line. So to answer your question, it doesn't matter. I'm not showing Jews preferential treatment, I'm staying consistent by not being weird about a specific ethnic group being present in media positions. If a cast/staff is diverse, neat. If a cast/staff just happens to not be all that diverse, whatever.

Also none of this has to do with CRT. CRT is a lens of analysis that looks at systems to determine why disparate racial outcomes occur. One of the most basic tenets of it is that these outcomes are more often than not the result of complex and changing institutional and social dynamics rather than intentional prejudices on the part of individuals. Saying that white people have historically benefited from racist systems and continue to do so is not inherently a condemnation of every individual white person who has benefited. There are valid criticisms to be had of Critical Race Theory as an analytical lens but this ain't it chief.
This transforming robot is in no way shape or form Optimus Prime
User avatar
Notimus Crime
Micromaster
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Watch Notimus Crime on YouTube
Alt Mode: Blue and red truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:38 am

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Notimus Crime wrote:
Evil Eye wrote:You missed the point entirely- notably that sweeping generalizations on people aren't OK, regardless of whether they're white or black or whatever. Because the point "your side" seems to be making is that it's fine as long as the target is white people. Say "Ugh, I wish we didn't have so many white people in (X)" and you're allegedly making a valid point. Yet replace "white" with any other race and it's suddenly a hate crime. That's hypocrisy and racism, plain and simple.

But as you bring it up, why is it OK for one group to be disproportionately represented in a sector of society but not another? Genuinely curious. Also interesting that I never mentioned anything about shadowy cabals doing nefarious things, that's a suspiciously specific denial.

I mean that's literally what the Jewish question is. "The Jews are in positions of influence and are using it to do x thing to bring about degeneracy" It's a neo-Nazi talking point, it's anti-Jewish propaganda straight out of Nazi Germany but with media organizations/political positions instead of banks.

I never said anything about anyone conspiring to bring about anything. I merely spoke about disproportionate representation. You are making massive assumptions for "gotcha" points. But as you bring it up, let's make a comparison.
"The Whites are in positions of influence and are using it to keep non-Whites down."
VS
"The Jews are in positions of influence and are using it to keep non-Jews down."
One of these opinions is frighteningly common and is being taught to children in some parts of the world. The other is thoughtcrime and will get you in massive trouble for saying it. Can you see the double standard?

(It's also worth noting that anti-semitism is hardly exclusive to Nazis- to name just one example, the Soviets weren't terribly fond of them either, yet nobody remembers them for that, or indeed a lot of the awful, awful things they were responsible for. Probably because of the terrifyingly effective job they did at infiltrating Western academia but I digress.)

Also if I missed the point it's because you did a terrible job at conveying it. You went "You wanna talk about race, let's talk about race! I'm going to talk about the race topics YOU don't want me to talk about!" and vague posted about 13/50 and the Jewish Question.

Then you clearly missed the point even harder than I thought. My point was "If it's OK for people to make clearly fallacious and prejudiced statements about white people (EG "White people are inherently better off than everyone else") then why is it suddenly not OK to make those same statements about anyone else?". The entire White Privilege/CRT/whatever narrative is rooted in racist hypocrisy.
I'm also wondering why the distinction between White and Jewish? Jewish is an ethnoreligious distinction not a race, it has nothing to do with the color of someone's skin.

Not that this has anything to do with my point, but Jewish ancestry is a thing. Hence there being recognizably Jewish racial features and so on.
It's like being apprehensive about a disproportionate number of Irish people being in positions of influence.

And if they made a small proportion of the population but a large proportion of a certain powerful industry? Yes, I would be apprehensive.
Also I'd appreciate it if you didn't ascribe positions to me that I never stated. I don't really care one way or the other what the group a person in a media position happens to belong to. I think broader representation when it comes to media is nice but I'm not going to automatically be bothered if a corporation or particular piece of media is overwhelmingly White, straight, or whatever (speaking as a straight White guy). I do in fact think the left can be pretty weird with that but I don't think it's in any way harmful to push for greater diversity in media. Just as the right gets very weird and outraged any time any previously White/straight character is cast a different race/comes out as a different sexuality (even though this supposedly doesn't/shouldn't matter). Or when Hasbro literally just removes the "Mr." from the name of the "Mr. Potato Head" line but still sells both Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads in that line. So to answer your question, it doesn't matter. I'm not showing Jews preferential treatment, I'm staying consistent by not being weird about a specific ethnic group being present in media positions. If a cast/staff is diverse, neat. If a cast/staff just happens to not be all that diverse, whatever.

Ah, the "enlightened centrist" meme. A classic.
Also none of this has to do with CRT. CRT is a lens of analysis that looks at systems to determine why disparate racial outcomes occur. One of the most basic tenets of it is that these outcomes are more often than not the result of complex and changing institutional and social dynamics rather than intentional prejudices on the part of individuals.

So basically "Life's not fair and that's white people's fault". Protip: Most of the systems that exist that are supposedly inherently racist were constructed by the people who believe in twaddle like CRT. So technically everything they're condemning is all their fault. Or to put it more concisely: If the Left is so anti-racist, how come systemic racism is a thing when the system is hugely Leftist?
Saying that white people have historically benefited from racist systems and continue to do so is not inherently a condemnation of every individual white person who has benefited.

It's also blatantly false.
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby BeastProwl » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:04 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
The only good CRT, is my CRT TV. **** plays Donkey Kong like a muthafukkin champ
Image

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5611
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:08 am

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
BeastProwl wrote:The only good CRT, is my CRT TV. **** plays Donkey Kong like a muthafukkin champ

Man, I miss those things! Shame they're so big and heavy or I'd get one just for the heck of it. I miss the old static whine of them. Also I hear they work better for older consoles for some reason?
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby BeastProwl » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:56 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Evil Eye wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:The only good CRT, is my CRT TV. **** plays Donkey Kong like a muthafukkin champ

Man, I miss those things! Shame they're so big and heavy or I'd get one just for the heck of it. I miss the old static whine of them. Also I hear they work better for older consoles for some reason?

Its because the console graphics were designed in such a way as to let the natural lights in the CRT draw the lines for it, basically. this is why games from that era look fuzzy if you hook old consoles up to more modern televisions. CRTs are worth it, if you have the space :D
Image

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5611
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Notimus Crime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Motto: "Independence is the truth of every responsive creature"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Evil Eye wrote: I never said anything about anyone conspiring to bring about anything. I merely spoke about disproportionate representation. You are making massive assumptions for "gotcha" points.

I did not point out the suspicious nature of bringing up the Jewish Question for "gotcha" points. I brought it up because you signaled the Jewish Question, a bunk and frequent neo-Nazi talking point. What's more, you brought it up in a way that neo-Nazis very often do. "This is the REAL truth THEY don't want you to talk about" I'm not any longer asserting suspicion on you for doing so, but I do maintain it was a very poorly considered rhetorical technique.
But as you bring it up, let's make a comparison.
"The Whites are in positions of influence and are using it to keep non-Whites down."
VS
"The Jews are in positions of influence and are using it to keep non-Jews down."
One of these opinions is frighteningly common and is being taught to children in some parts of the world. The other is thought crime and will get you in massive trouble for saying it. Can you see the double standard?

I mean the difference is the Jewish Question is the continuation of a historically old tradition of blaming and scapegoating an ethnic minority, the perpetuation of which led to the holocaust. Don't get me wrong both are conspiratorial and factually wrong (The belief that this is true and the constant apologizing for it by liberals is largely a meme on the left), but context matters. I'm not claiming that the first statement is right or should be taught. It's also once again important that this is not what Critical Race Theory teaches.
So basically "Life's not fair and that's white people's fault". Protip: Most of the systems that exist that are supposedly inherently racist were constructed by the people who believe in twaddle like CRT. So technically everything they're condemning is all their fault. Or to put it more concisely: If the Left is so anti-racist, how come systemic racism is a thing when the system is hugely Leftist?

systematic racism is a thing because of the racism in our past. Black people were enslaved for more then a century, and then second class citizens for a century with no attempts to help them onto their feet after racism was removed from the letter of the law. You'll have to excuse the long quote but I cannot fathom myself putting this anywhere near as well as MLK does in his 1967 (post civil rights act) speech, The Other America. (quote is bolded to increase readability of post)

"Now there's another thing that I'd like to mention as I talk about the massive action program and time will not permit me to go into specific programmatic action to any great degree. But it must be realized now that the Negro cannot solve the problems by himself. There again, there are those who always say to Negroes, "Why don't you do something for yourself? Why don't you lift yourselves by your own bootstraps?" And we hear this over and over again.

Now certainly there are many things that we must do for ourselves and that only we can do for ourselves. Certainly we must develop within a sense of dignity and self-respect that nobody else can give us. A sense of manhood, a sense of personhood, a sense of not being ashamed of our heritage, not being ashamed of our color. It was wrong and tragic of the Negro ever to allow himself to be ashamed of the fact that he was black, or ashamed of the fact that his ancestral home was Africa. And so there is a great deal that the Negro can do to develop self respect. There is a great deal that the Negro must do and can do to amass political and economic power within his own community and by using his own resources. And so we must do certain things for ourselves but this must not negate the fact, and cause the nation to overlook the fact, that the Negro cannot solve the problem himself.

A man was on the plane with me some weeks ago and he came up to me and said, "The problem, Dr. King, that I see with what you all are doing is that every time I see you and other Negroes, you're protesting and you aren't doing anything for yourselves." And he went on to tell me that he was very poor at one time, and he was able to make by doing something for himself. "Why don't you teach your people," he said, "to lift themselves by their own bootstraps?" And then he went on to say other groups faced disadvantages, the Irish, the Italian, and he went down the line.

And I said to him that it does not help the Negro, it only deepens his frustration, upon feeling insensitive people to say to him that other ethnic groups who migrated or were immigrants to this country less than a hundred years or so ago, have gotten beyond him and he came here some 344 years ago. And I went on to remind him that the Negro came to this country involuntarily in chains, while others came voluntarily. I went on to remind him that no other racial group has been a slave on American soil. I went on to remind him that the other problem we have faced over the years is that this society placed a stigma on the color of the Negro, on the color of his skin because he was black. Doors were closed to him that were not closed to other groups.

And I finally said to him that it's a nice thing to say to people that you oughta lift yourself by your own bootstraps, but it is a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he oughta lift himself by his own bootstraps. And the fact is that millions of Negroes, as a result of centuries of denial and neglect, have been left bootless. They find themselves impoverished aliens in this affluent society. And there is a great deal that the society can and must do if the Negro is to gain the economic security that he needs."

TL;DR the reason systematic racism is still prevalent in the US is that little to nothing was done to help Black people out of poverty post being slaves and second class citizens for the majority of American history. It's hard to pull yourself up by your bootstraps when you have no boots to begin with. It's not because the liberals and the left have (by some metric?) achieved their goals and are the real racists trying to keep non-white people down.
And if they made a small proportion of the population but a large proportion of a certain powerful industry? Yes, I would be apprehensive.

Why though? Why does it matter?
Ah, the "enlightened centrist" meme. A classic.

Saying "I have criticisms of people on my side but do not agree with those of the other because I feel that efforts to broaden diversity in media, while in some cases misguided, is not ultimately harmful and in many ways a good thing." is not enlightened centrism.
This transforming robot is in no way shape or form Optimus Prime
User avatar
Notimus Crime
Micromaster
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Watch Notimus Crime on YouTube
Alt Mode: Blue and red truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Notimus Crime wrote:[quote=Evil Eye] I never said anything about anyone conspiring to bring about anything. I merely spoke about disproportionate representation. You are making massive assumptions for "gotcha" points.

I did not point out the suspicious nature of bringing up the Jewish Question for "gotcha" points. I brought it up because you signaled the Jewish Question, a bunk and frequent neo-Nazi talking point. What's more, you brought it up in a way that neo-Nazis very often do. "This is the REAL truth THEY don't want you to talk about" I'm not any longer asserting suspicion on you for doing so, but I do maintain it was a very poorly considered rhetorical technique.[/quote]
Well that is the most utterly pathetic non-apology I've seen in a while. "I may have accidentally accused you of being a Nazi but it's your fault!"
But as you bring it up, let's make a comparison.
"The Whites are in positions of influence and are using it to keep non-Whites down."
VS
"The Jews are in positions of influence and are using it to keep non-Jews down."
One of these opinions is frighteningly common and is being taught to children in some parts of the world. The other is thought crime and will get you in massive trouble for saying it. Can you see the double standard?

I mean the difference is the Jewish Question is the continuation of a historically old tradition of blaming and scapegoating an ethnic minority, the perpetuation of which led to the holocaust. Don't get me wrong both are conspiratorial and factually wrong (The belief that this is true and the constant apologizing for it by liberals is largely a meme on the left), but context matters. I'm not claiming that the first statement is right or should be taught. It's also once again important that this is not what Critical Race Theory teaches.

Except it's exactly what CRT teaches, or at least the CRT that is being taught by Conscious Kid. You know, the guys this thread was started about.
So basically "Life's not fair and that's white people's fault". Protip: Most of the systems that exist that are supposedly inherently racist were constructed by the people who believe in twaddle like CRT. So technically everything they're condemning is all their fault. Or to put it more concisely: If the Left is so anti-racist, how come systemic racism is a thing when the system is hugely Leftist?

systematic racism is a thing because of the racism in our past. Black people were enslaved for more then a century, and then second class citizens for a century with no attempts to help them onto their feet after racism was removed from the letter of the law. You'll have to excuse the long quote but I cannot fathom myself putting this anywhere near as well as MLK does in his 1967 (post civil rights act) speech, The Other America. (quote is bolded to increase readability of post)

Ah yes, MLK. What a swell guy he was.
TL;DR the reason systematic racism is still prevalent in the US is that little to nothing was done to help Black people out of poverty post being slaves and second class citizens for the majority of American history. It's hard to pull yourself up by your bootstraps when you have no boots to begin with. It's not because the liberals and the left have (by some metric?) achieved their goals and are the real racists trying to keep non-white people down.

The Civil Rights Movement was over 50 years ago. You cannot keep using things like that- and even less slavery- as arguments for the existence of "systemic racism". There are probably real problems facing black people in America, but a lot of them are self made and cultural in nature, and have nothing to do whatsoever with the events of over 100 years ago.
And if they made a small proportion of the population but a large proportion of a certain powerful industry? Yes, I would be apprehensive.

Why though? Why does it matter?

Would it not seem suspicious to you if a small group had a very large stake in a very powerful organization? That's just common sense, is it not? Doesn't have to be down to a conspiracy, but it does raise eyebrows.
Ah, the "enlightened centrist" meme. A classic.

Saying "I have criticisms of people on my side but do not agree with those of the other because I feel that efforts to broaden diversity in media, while in some cases misguided, is not ultimately harmful and in many ways a good thing." is not enlightened centrism.[/quote]
You're right, it's not enlightened at all!
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Wheelimus Prime » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:35 am

Motto: "Seems Legit"
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
The Civil Rights Movement was over 50 years ago. You cannot keep using things like that- and even less slavery- as arguments for the existence of "systemic racism". There are probably real problems facing black people in America, but a lot of them are self made and cultural in nature, and have nothing to do whatsoever with the events of over 100 years ago.


This couldn't be any further from the truth. You are ignoring the events of 200 years of history that led to the problems facing black communities today. It's exactly statements like these which are why critical race theory needs to be taught.

Yes, black people were freed from slavery in 1865. But our ancestors weren't given their freedoms guaranteed by the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments as promised by the constitution of the united states. They faced 100 years of domestic terrorism (up to and including torture, death, and the slaughter of entire communities) against their loved ones at the hands of the KKK. Political policy at the state level ensured they weren't given their equal rights through Jim Crow laws. "Separate but equal" was a lie that deprived generations of black people a good education through walling them off to intentionally underfunded black schools. Separate but equal enforced the idea that blacks weren't equal to their white counterparts—a fact that got enshrined in united states law thanks to racist lawmakers and judges of the era.

Separate but equal was abolished by Brown v. Board, but still states refused to desegregate. In fact,It wasn't until 2015 that the last school in the US finally desegregated. Over 60 years after you claim events supposedly ended.

The civil rights movement of the 1960s came as a fight by black people to claim the rights and protections granted to them by the constitution. The civil rights act of 1964 was passed, yet blacks were still not granted equal rights and still are not granted equal rights today.

Racist lawmakers and people in power had to get more subtle since they couldn't overtly discriminate. And they did.

Did you know the NRA supported gun control in CA because the black panthers were open carrying?

Marijuana criminalization in the 70s has a very racist background that was also done as a means of clamping down on antiwar protestors. This leads to the war on drugs, which looking over the statistics likens it to a new era of Jim Crow as it is again used as a front to target and incarcerate blacks at a greater proportion than whites—and blacks are often sentenced to harsher penalties than their white counterparts. The war on drugs is only recently coming to an end as states push for marijuana legalization and the rise of of the opiate crisis has shifted the drug problem from that of one that needs punishment to one that needs treatment.

And you still see racism creeping into politics today. Just this year alone, 17 states so far have passed stricter voting laws despite having no evidence of fraud to justify their passing. In fact, the lead lawyer spreading claims of fraud has a defense going where she basically admits she's full of it.

There's no election-altering levels of fraud, but there are very real election problems happening. Namely gerrymandering, Republicans putting up shell candidates that cost a democrat the senate seat, and the seating of justice Amy Coney Barrett despite the her situation being similar (in fact, even worse) than the one that prevented Obama's pick, Merrick Garland, from being seated.

I doubt you followed the US census shenanigans last year, which were a last ditch attempt by former US president Trump to skew the census reporting to under represent demographics that don't typically vote republican. Time will tell if it worked.

And let's not forget the Trump Administration let covid rampage because it affected democrat leaning states early on. Look over the way the Trump admin handled covid and you can very clearly see this theme in the actions the trump admin took.

Hell, going back to the election fraud claims (which were only challenged in swing states), even if there had been fraud, a majority of americans, over 7 million (by the popular vote), would have had their votes disenfranchised if Trump were installed in office—the overwhelming majority of which would have been low income/minority voters. The very fact that we don't use the popular vote to determine the president instead of this convoluted system of electorates we have generally deprives blacks and other minority groups of their vote given that no republican has won the popular vote in their first term since HW Bush in 1988, yet we've had 12 years of republican presidencies since then.

The racism is very much still alive today. It's just gotten easier for racist lawmakers to put up excuses as a cover. I could write a lot more, I only touched on the glaringly obvious examples of the systemic racism issues going on. You can find thousands more by merely opening a history book or consulting with organizations like the ACLU or the NAACP.
Seibertron's resident Pumpkin.
Image
Art for Signature and Avatar by Trishields.
neliz wrote:Wheelimus, you old bastard, let me help you with a new signature.
User avatar
Wheelimus Prime
Faction Commander
Posts: 4132
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: The CR Chamber
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 4

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Motto: "To learn who rules over you, first learn who you are not allowed to criticize."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
I was going to write a point-by-point refutation of your post, but the fact you honestly believe Biden's """victory""" was anything other than fraudulent and that the Chinese virus isn't just a beefy cold being played up as an excuse to impose a global police state is proof you are clearly beyond help.
The worst Transformers fan ever. Now with added impulse buy problems!
Image
I draw stuff too!
User avatar
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5256
News Credits: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Black Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
Thanks for that really good post. I hope those that can't/won't see the points you've made will at least look at some of the links you've provided for their own research.

In order to aid those that think (systemic) racism doesn't exist in America, or that non-white people don't suffer so many problems, here are 10 links to some factual information :

1/ The Tulsa Race Massacre

The Tulsa race massacre took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents, some of them deputized and given weapons by city officials,attacked Black residents and destroyed homes and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma, US. Alternatively known as the Tulsa race riot or the Black Wall Street massacre, the event is considered one of "the single worst incident[s] of racial violence in American history". The attacks burned and destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the neighborhood – at the time one of the wealthiest Black communities in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street"


( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre )

2/Redlining

In 1940, a white developer wanted to build a neighborhood in Detroit, so he asked the US Federal Housing Administration to back a loan. The FHA, which was created just six years earlier to help middle-class families buy homes, said no because the development was too close to an "inharmonious" racial group.

Meaning black people.

It wasn't surprising. The housing administration refused to back loans to black people — and even people who lived around black people. FHA said it was too risky.

So the next year, this white developer had an idea: What if he built a 6-foot-tall, half-mile-long wall between the black neighborhood and his planned neighborhood? Is that enough separation to mitigate risk and get his loan?

When he did that, the housing administration backed the loan.

That was 75 years ago, but this type of racist housing policy helped create two divergent Americas

These policies are typically called redlining, in that they drew a bright red line between the areas where black families could and couldn't get loans.


( https://www.vox.com/2016/6/6/11852640/c ... ghborhoods )

3/ The Lost Neighborhood Under New York's Central Park

Before Central Park was built, a historically black community was destroyed.

If you’ve been to New York, you’ve probably visited Central Park. But there’s a part of its story you won't see. It’s a story that goes back to the 1820s, when that part of New York was largely open countryside. Soon it became home to about 1,600 people. Among them was a predominantly black community that bought up affordable plots to build homes, churches and a school. It became known as Seneca Village. And when Irish and German immigrants moved in, it became a rare example at the time of an integrated neighborhood.

Everything changed on July 21, 1853. New York took control of the land to create what would become the first major landscaped park in the US -- they called it “The Central Park.”


( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HdsWYOZ8iqM )

4/ One Reason Why Coronavirus Hits Black People the Hardest

Across the US, black people are dying from Covid-19 at disproportionately high rates. While there are many different factors at play behind the stark racial disparities — there’s one possible reason that’s been lurking in the air for decades: pollution.

The long history of segregation and housing discrimination has long put black people at greater risk of living near chemical plants, factories and highways, exposing them to higher levels of air pollutants. These pollutants have had a chronically negative impact on health, leading to conditions like hypertension and asthma.

Now, those same diseases are associated with severe cases of Covid-19, and showing that where you live can determine whether you survive from Covid-19.


( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFD-0aMkwE )

5/ How Southern Socialites Rewrote Civil War History

The United Daughters of the Confederacy was a significant leader of the “Lost Cause,” an intellectual movement that revised history to look more favorably on the South after the American Civil War. They were women from elite antebellum families that used their social and political clout to fundraise and pressure local governments to erect monuments that memorialized Confederate heroes. They also formed textbook review committees that monitored what Southern schoolchildren learned about the war. Their influential work with children created a lasting memory of the Confederate cause, and those generations grew up to be the segregationists of the Jim Crow Era in the South.


( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkFXPblLpU )

6/ What is Systemic Racism (Answering Kids' Questions)

What is systemic racism, are the issues in the US and UK the same, and what can we do to make a difference? We put children's questions on the Black Lives Matter movement to a politician, a historian and an academic.


(https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 5J7KlxhQK4 )

7/ America's dirty divide: how heat is hurting lives from birth

Even before a child is born in the US, their race plays a huge part in how they'll experience heat and pollution. It starts with America's history of racist housing policies that segregated families of color into undesirable neighborhoods – and we can actually see the effects of those policies today: lots of pavement, little green space, and ultimately more heat. Meanwhile, in areas where white families live, the neighborhoods tend to have a lot more trees and shade, which leads to less heat. And as the climate warms, it's black families who are most likely to be stuck in extremely hot areas.


( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UaPCwBtR ... e=youtu.be )

8/ American Segregation, Mapped by Day and Night

America policies engineered our segregated homes. But the workplace? That had the chance of being a place where we interact with people of other races — and form meaningful relationships. These maps show that this hasn't exactly happened. In fact, the most personal parts of our lives is still very segregated.


( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qaPQN0aW47I )

9/ Systemic Racism Explained (short video)

Systemic racism affects every area of life in the US. From incarceration rates to predatory loans, and trying to solve these problems requires changes in major parts of our system. Here's a closer look at what systemic racism is, and how we can solve it.


( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHIQIO_bdQ&t=54s )

10/ Housing Discrimination (including recent examples)

John Oliver breaks down the long history of housing discrimination in the U.S., the damage it’s done, and, crucially, what we can do about it.


( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-0J49_9lwc )
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1273
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: Hasbro pushing mandatory CRT training on their staff (and your children)

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I've been following this thread for a while and I think it's gotten off the point. I've seen a few videos with the Hasbro employee as well as a few Coke employees who are going through the same thing. If Hasbro is telling white employees that they're inherently evil because they're white, that's wrong. If this means we'll see more children of different races and nationalities in their advertising that's fine and it's a long time coming.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6853
News Credits: 263
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Next

Return to General Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
Twincast / Podcast #287:
"Pulse Con 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon 2017 Hasbro NIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars SCATTERSHOT Technobot Complete  2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Sludge 100% complete! original! dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY