Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon May 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Motto: "A knife is simple, using it ain't."
Why does Unicron need a city mode in the first place? Did he have one in any continuity? I would rather he be just a robot and a planet and cost $100 less.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
My BST thread: for-sale-trade-various-studio-series-figures--p2068462.php#p2068462
I have ER Prime and Doubledealer for sale at cost plus shipping. PM me if interested.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 11794
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:52 pm

The city mode was shown before. Still don't miss it. I'm not buying Unicron to be a city I'll never, ever use.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4617
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon May 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Motto: "A knife is simple, using it ain't."
Gauntlet101010 wrote:The city mode was shown before. Still don't miss it. I'm not buying Unicron to be a city I'll never, ever use.
Exactly.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
My BST thread: for-sale-trade-various-studio-series-figures--p2068462.php#p2068462
I have ER Prime and Doubledealer for sale at cost plus shipping. PM me if interested.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 11794
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 25, 2020 5:19 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:Why does Unicron need a city mode in the first place? Did he have one in any continuity? I would rather he be just a robot and a planet and cost $100 less.
At best, one could pretend that it represents some kind of hellish landscape found inside of his planet mode, but otherwise, yeah, he's not a citybot.

The idea was just to give his giant toy some more play value as a playset in addition to its already being a giant action figure (much like the case with all of the Titan class Citybots being both giant action figures and playsets).

If anything, I'm betting this mode was conceived as a way to further appeal to potential retailers so that they would be more inclined to carry this gigantic Transformers product since the figure on its own wouldn't have been enough in the eyes of the retailers since its planet mode alone wouldn't be marketable enough to most retailers due to its just being a giant ball on a stick that couldn't be played with like how a normal ball could be played with.

But, as we know, the city mode didn't happen and retailers didn't pick it up, so it instead went to HasLab as a crowdfunding product, where it wouldn't have to worry about the needs of mass market appeal to get made.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33308
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon May 25, 2020 7:41 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
He still looks really impressive, I am excited to see him, that planet mode is huge!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19183
News Credits: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon May 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Motto: "A knife is simple, using it ain't."
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Why does Unicron need a city mode in the first place? Did he have one in any continuity? I would rather he be just a robot and a planet and cost $100 less.
At best, one could pretend that it represents some kind of hellish landscape found inside of his planet mode, but otherwise, yeah, he's not a citybot.

The idea was just to give his giant toy some more play value as a playset in addition to its already being a giant action figure (much like the case with all of the Titan class Citybots being both giant action figures and playsets).

If anything, I'm betting this mode was conceived as a way to further appeal to potential retailers so that they would be more inclined to carry this gigantic Transformers product since the figure on its own wouldn't have been enough in the eyes of the retailers since its planet mode alone wouldn't be marketable enough to most retailers due to its just being a giant ball on a stick that couldn't be played with like how a normal ball could be played with.

But, as we know, the city mode didn't happen and retailers didn't pick it up, so it instead went to HasLab as a crowdfunding product, where it wouldn't have to worry about the needs of mass market appeal to get made.
I have nothing against the concept of him having a city mode, and I understand the reasoning. My problem is that his featured modes (planet and robot) would suffer because if it. If they could have pulled it off without messing with those, then fine. By the looks of it, seems like they were trying to do the same thing they did to Cybertron Primus, except on a larger scale. Just because he's a large figure and has a big price tag, doesn't mean he has to have excessive and unnecessary features, especially ones that have no basis in his origins. If you want a city mode, buy a city bot. There are plenty. Unicron is Unicron.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
My BST thread: for-sale-trade-various-studio-series-figures--p2068462.php#p2068462
I have ER Prime and Doubledealer for sale at cost plus shipping. PM me if interested.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 11794
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Why does Unicron need a city mode in the first place? Did he have one in any continuity? I would rather he be just a robot and a planet and cost $100 less.
At best, one could pretend that it represents some kind of hellish landscape found inside of his planet mode, but otherwise, yeah, he's not a citybot.

The idea was just to give his giant toy some more play value as a playset in addition to its already being a giant action figure (much like the case with all of the Titan class Citybots being both giant action figures and playsets).

If anything, I'm betting this mode was conceived as a way to further appeal to potential retailers so that they would be more inclined to carry this gigantic Transformers product since the figure on its own wouldn't have been enough in the eyes of the retailers since its planet mode alone wouldn't be marketable enough to most retailers due to its just being a giant ball on a stick that couldn't be played with like how a normal ball could be played with.

But, as we know, the city mode didn't happen and retailers didn't pick it up, so it instead went to HasLab as a crowdfunding product, where it wouldn't have to worry about the needs of mass market appeal to get made.
I have nothing against the concept of him having a city mode, and I understand the reasoning. My problem is that his featured modes (planet and robot) would suffer because if it. If they could have pulled it off without messing with those, then fine. By the looks of it, seems like they were trying to do the same thing they did to Cybertron Primus, except on a larger scale. Just because he's a large figure and has a big price tag, doesn't mean he has to have excessive and unnecessary features, especially ones that have no basis in his origins. If you want a city mode, buy a city bot. There are plenty. Unicron is Unicron.
Prezactly.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33308
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Mon May 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:At best, one could pretend that it represents some kind of hellish landscape found inside of his planet mode, but otherwise, yeah, he's not a citybot.

This was my interpretation as well, more of an inside Unicron play set than a city. The monitor cluster is even there in the back.

I really don't understand the articulated eyes that you can't actually see through the eye lenses.

Also...

Unimed.JPG

Image
Still can't unsee it.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 5564
News Credits: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Moonshot » Mon May 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Unicron is only looking better and better. I so wish I had haved or have the cash to afford him. So fecking awesome. If they can add a half-assed base mode it will be cool but not necessary. Congrats to all who backed this, I was so, so close but couldnt come up with the money even though I knew it was super sweet. He is looking so good with every update that comes out.
:RUBSIGN: Image :WRECKERS:
User avatar
Moonshot
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 518
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: Kentucky
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:At best, one could pretend that it represents some kind of hellish landscape found inside of his planet mode, but otherwise, yeah, he's not a citybot.

This was my interpretation as well, more of an inside Unicron play set than a city. The monitor cluster is even there in the back.
The planet mode maw pointed upward in the center is also reminiscent of The Pit that was inside Unicron in the 3H Universe comics.

Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33308
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue May 26, 2020 9:19 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Considering he is just laying down (variation on the theme shared by all city bots) in the concept art, I doubt it would have compromised any other mode. That's just another excuse. What they could have done, since some think only four cities should exist within Transformers figures, was (as mentioned above) show off the acid vat, tentacle tunnel and monitor cluster. Make his "third mode" a Unicron playset. That would have made sense over pointlessly moving but hidden eyes and mismatched tiny figures.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Gestalt
Posts: 2552
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Considering he is just laying down (variation on the theme shared by all city bots) in the concept art, I doubt it would have compromised any other mode.
The structural integrity would have been compromised based on how much the torso and legs would have had to open up and break apart as they appear to do in that artwork. The figure needed to be solid enough to support its own weight when not using its display stand.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33308
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:45 am

I'm glad they put the effort of giving him a forked beard and a detachable head over working in a third mode we've never seen before. From the original pitch we were given those weren't features Unicron had. And those things are what this figure really needed. Not a third mode just for the sake of having a third mode. It really looks like Unicron is just lying down half transformed. It's decent enough, I'll give it that. But it's not why I'm buying this.

If we're just tossing random things in a grab bag I'd rather have more tiny space ships.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4617
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue May 26, 2020 9:46 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Considering the lower leg is hollow and the pics so far have all indicated both forms will need a stand regardless, they seemed too busy boasting about how much it weighs (like it was a bonus feature) over the logistics of making it so heavy.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Gestalt
Posts: 2552
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:55 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Wanted to come here to say something i find very interesting.

The Haslab Sentinel for Marvel Legends was revealed today and put up for pre-order, and in less than 12 hours, they have passed 2/3 of their goal of 6000, and have also already passed what was the unicron number halfway point. It's incredible to see how quickly the numbers have rose.

Also cool, and something Unicron should have done, is that they have bonus tiers, so if they get above 7000, they get something extra, same with 8000 and 9000. And the Sentinel comes with a bonus Marvel Legends figure too.

I think they are doing a better job with this crowdfund project compared to Unicron, and apparently Marvel fans are reacting a lot more positively too.

PS: I am backing the Sentinel too
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19183
News Credits: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
That does sound better-handled.

I'm pretty sure that what we saw with the Unicron funding campaign was panicked flailing after the rug got pulled out from under them by the Bayverse Unicron movie getting shelved.
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It also didn't help that they had the Cookie Monster campaign running at the exact same time.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33308
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I think Unicron is going to be a great toy. I couldn't afford it at the time, and I have no regrets, but I'm glad for those who got one. If it had come with a base mode ( and compatible with the current airlock system) I would have regrets. But as it is now, I can be content admiring it from afar.

As for the Sentinel.

1. It's almost half the price and a smaller much less complex figure
2. As much as we don't like to admit. Transformers fans are a much smaller group than Marvel fans in general.
3. It requires fewer backers, "increased bonus tiers" aside



It makes sense such a project would be backed much faster. Also just for grins, I had to do a double take when I got the email yesterday I thought it said Haslab Sentinel Prime .... :lol:

Unicron is bar far the Grandest product from Haslab so far much moreso than the sailbarge or this Sentinel. A far more complex and expensive endeavor offered to a fan base much smaller than Star Wars or Marvel. We should really consider it a small miracle it actually got funded.


In fact I think they had to go with something *safe* as their next project with the almost failure of Unicron to get funded, and the aforementioned poor Cookie Monster who never had a chance.
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3857
News Credits: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:06 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just wait until people find out the Sentinel is completely hollow.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6082
News Credits: 237
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:It also didn't help that they had the Cookie Monster campaign running at the exact same time.

They should give us a Cookie Monster costume for Unicron for doing that. ;)

Seriously though, I was thinking their next HasLab should be a big 24" Dino Megazord. Considering what people pay for all those Bandai Japan versions I think it would be an easy sell at $400 with lots of chrome. This one is $300 and only 10" tall and been reissued at least twice. Hasbro obviously wouldn't add die cast, but the size would more than make up for it.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 5564
News Credits: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:04 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It also didn't help that they had the Cookie Monster campaign running at the exact same time.

They should give us a Cookie Monster costume for Unicron for doing that. ;)

Seriously though, I was thinking their next HasLab should be a big 24" Dino Megazord. Considering what people pay for all those Bandai Japan versions I think it would be an easy sell at $400 with lots of chrome. This one is $300 and only 10" tall and been reissued at least twice. Hasbro obviously wouldn't add die cast, but the size would more than make up for it.

Emerje
I disagree with you on that hard. The size would be awful. 24" is grossly oversize for a Megazord toy. At 10 1/4", the Soul of Chogokin one is well within the usual range of 10-12" (although shorter than the original version's 11 1/2"). The Soul of Chogokin version is popular because not only does it have die-cast, it remains in the proper size range for a Megazord while also being fully articulated and having fully-articulated components (as opposed to the normal retail fare of being at the same articulation level as G1 combiner limbs, when they have articulation at all).

A 24" Dino Megazord would be grossly oversize, except possibly in comparison to the combining movie Megazord (sad mess that that is). And then there's the fact that the Megazord is only 5 Zords out of the full set of 7. Can you imagine the extra funding needed to produce a Dragonzord and Titanus to go with it?

I think if Hasbro does a big lab project for Power Rangers it should be something like a Legacy Tor to complete the Legacy Thunderzords set. And/or a Legacy Megazord that rivals the SoC one, instead of being the 2010 Dino Megazod but with gratuitous die-cast. Or a 12" articulated monster line. Or maybe better toys of the 2017 movie Zords.

Also, too much chrome would be out of place on the Megazord. Especially on the sword.
WANT:
SIEGE Apeface shield because mine has managed to vanish.
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:52 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Yeah, no way would I want a giant Dino Megazord that towers over all of my other megazords. I'd want a Dino Megazord that's properly in scale with all my other megazords so that they could all team up together in a big megazord bonanza.

Like these:

Image
Image
Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33308
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:25 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
You know, seeing as how Sentinel passed 7000 and an alternate head was revealed for that tier, and they are nearly to the 8000 limit, it makes me think of this for Unicron:

What if at 9000 they had offered an IDW Unicron alternate head (the head come off afterall)

And at 10,000 they had offered a bonus minicon package with Dead End and maybe a could other generic ball minicons

And then 11/12000 (if they wanted) they could offer the 3 minicon weapon teams.

Things like that could have gone a long way
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19183
News Credits: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thing to remember is that they've learned a lot from doing unicron and there's nothing to say they would have done it this way if it was launched tomorrow.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 11036
News Credits: 591
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:46 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
They made so many mistakes with Unicron, and by extent Cookie Monster too. Those reeked of overconfidence, and they both suffered. Sentinel shows how much better they are doing with this one. I actually wish unicron had waited a year or 2 to come out, I think they rushed that one, especially since he is the most expensive one.

Also, I have been talking to some main marvel collectors as well as some marvel collectors who also collect transformers, and there were some interesting points brought up about the 2 fandoms/brands.

the general consensus from those conversations is marvel handles it's brand far better than Hasbro with TFs, and that TFs rely too heavily on nostalgia. TFs constantly go back to the same source, while marvel balances it all out, something for everyone out and available at wider retail at all times. And as a result, they have both a larger fan base and a more active one since fans of every generation have something to look forward to, almost the opposite of what TFs are doing.

Couple a wider, happier, marvel fandom with a large potential troop builder, sole focus on 1 project, tiers for bonus parts, and a more palatable price, it shows just how much more cohesive, happy, and excited the marvel fandom is compared to tfs.

If they had simplified engineering and made Unicron $100 cheaper, I don't think that alone would have made a difference.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19183
News Credits: 1534
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Skytread" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bumblebee RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Cliffjumper RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 USED" on EBAY
Buy "KRe-O Transformers KIT #A4583 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Autobot Jazz Hasabro" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o Transformers Loose Lot Optimus Beast Hunters Starscream Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Arcee loose COMPLETE" on EBAY