IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby carytheone » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
william-james88 wrote:Definitely getting Storm Bringere under Scotty's recomendation. Plus all of TAAO.
I just read Stormbringer not to long ago. I remember linking it a lot.

Well well, it's that time to play catch up again ;)^
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5680
News Credits: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: a day late...
Alt Mode: ...a dollar short

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby ricemazter » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Someone should check if this extends to all of IDW's Hasbro universe. I looked and all the ROM issues are .99 as well as wrath of Karza
ricemazter
Minibot
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:39 pm

I bought all of TAAO and Stormbringer. I wish Sotrmbringer was collected but oh well. Also, anyone know why issue 10 of TAAO is double the price (when its not on sale)?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19898
News Credits: 787
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby ricemazter » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
william-james88 wrote:I bought all of TAAO and Stormbringer. I wish Sotrmbringer was collected but oh well. Also, anyone know why issue 10 of TAAO is double the price (when its not on sale)?


All new issues of IDW digital comics are $3.99. Normally, the price drops to $1.99 after a month/whenever the next issue is released. So, you can always get a 50% discount if you're willing to be one issue behind.
ricemazter
Minibot
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby MagicDeath » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:40 am

Motto: "Oversight is the root of all failure."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?
MagicDeath
Minibot
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:49 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?

If you're just going physical copies for post-DOOP, then this sale might be your best bet for Devastation.

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby MagicDeath » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Motto: "Oversight is the root of all failure."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?

If you're just going physical copies for post-DOOP, then this sale might be your best bet for Devastation.

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?


Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'
But, come to think of it, does AHM have enough plot elements in it to be worth reading eventually?
MagicDeath
Minibot
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby Kurona » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?

If you're just going physical copies for post-DOOP, then this sale might be your best bet for Devastation.

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?


Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'
But, come to think of it, does AHM have enough plot elements in it to be worth reading eventually?

AHM for better or for worse significantly changed the course of the IDWverse and kicked off a lot of events that still effect modern day stories, especially in regards to Revolution (MASK and GI Joe in particular are in response to the events of AHM). The problem isn't that it doesn't have plot or doesn't have consequences or change anything; just that it's unoriginal and not very good at what it does.

There's been a couple IDW series called 'the transformers'. First was the 2009 series headed by Mike Costa which follows AHM and precedes Death of Optimus Prime and ran for 31 issues (with many minis on the side like LSoTW and Bumblebee). The second was the continuation of post-2011 Robots in Disguise; renamed to simply 'The Transformers' so as not to be confused with the 2015 cartoon and toyline of the same name. The fandom tends to call it 'ex-RiD' to differentiate it.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby MagicDeath » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Motto: "Oversight is the root of all failure."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?

If you're just going physical copies for post-DOOP, then this sale might be your best bet for Devastation.

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?


Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'
But, come to think of it, does AHM have enough plot elements in it to be worth reading eventually?

AHM for better or for worse significantly changed the course of the IDWverse and kicked off a lot of events that still effect modern day stories, especially in regards to Revolution (MASK and GI Joe in particular are in response to the events of AHM). The problem isn't that it doesn't have plot or doesn't have consequences or change anything; just that it's unoriginal and not very good at what it does.

There's been a couple IDW series called 'the transformers'. First was the 2009 series headed by Mike Costa which follows AHM and precedes Death of Optimus Prime and ran for 31 issues (with many minis on the side like LSoTW and Bumblebee). The second was the continuation of post-2011 Robots in Disguise; renamed to simply 'The Transformers' so as not to be confused with the 2015 cartoon and toyline of the same name. The fandom tends to call it 'ex-RiD' to differentiate it.


This really is much more confusing than it needs to be isn't it?
I was referring to the earlier title, between AHM and DoOP.
As for AHM, is it worth it over just reading a summary?
MagicDeath
Minibot
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby Kurona » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?

If you're just going physical copies for post-DOOP, then this sale might be your best bet for Devastation.

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?


Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'
But, come to think of it, does AHM have enough plot elements in it to be worth reading eventually?

AHM for better or for worse significantly changed the course of the IDWverse and kicked off a lot of events that still effect modern day stories, especially in regards to Revolution (MASK and GI Joe in particular are in response to the events of AHM). The problem isn't that it doesn't have plot or doesn't have consequences or change anything; just that it's unoriginal and not very good at what it does.

There's been a couple IDW series called 'the transformers'. First was the 2009 series headed by Mike Costa which follows AHM and precedes Death of Optimus Prime and ran for 31 issues (with many minis on the side like LSoTW and Bumblebee). The second was the continuation of post-2011 Robots in Disguise; renamed to simply 'The Transformers' so as not to be confused with the 2015 cartoon and toyline of the same name. The fandom tends to call it 'ex-RiD' to differentiate it.


This really is much more confusing than it needs to be isn't it?
I was referring to the earlier title, between AHM and DoOP.
As for AHM, is it worth it over just reading a summary?

In my opinion not really; the Coda (issues 13-16 that are after the main story) has some good stuff, but AHM was universally reviled by IDW fans and for good reasons. Still, at the end of the day my thinking it's awful is just an opinion - if you wanna try it out for yourself and find some enjoyment in it, all the power to you.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby MagicDeath » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:57 am

Motto: "Oversight is the root of all failure."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Kurona wrote:In my opinion not really; the Coda (issues 13-16 that are after the main story) has some good stuff, but AHM was universally reviled by IDW fans and for good reasons. Still, at the end of the day my thinking it's awful is just an opinion - if you wanna try it out for yourself and find some enjoyment in it, all the power to you.


Thanks! ;)^
I think I now know where to go from here.
MagicDeath
Minibot
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Steal of a Deal: IDW Transformers Sale 50%Off Digital Comics

Postby WreckerJack » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:36 am

Motto: "Attitude of gratitude"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Now through 6/29 Comixology is offering 50% off on Transformers comics. This sale is massive, featuring Transformers: Spotlight issues as well as Lost Light, Till All Are One, Optimus Prime and much more! We would also like to point out that the Shockwave Spotlight issue is free to download.

If you are a fan of Transformers comics you may be interested in these First Strike Tie-ins

Image
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 1283
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby YoungPrime » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Why are all the "-ation" TPB's at regular price? Those are the only TF stories I'd be interested in purchasing there.
Image
YoungPrime
Vehicon
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Comixology IDW Linewide sale with Code IDW17 -- 55% off all Transformers, Revolution etc. comics

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Yes fellow Seibertronians, you did just read that title right -- until the 24th of this month, online digital comic retailer Comixology is having a 55% off sale on every single IDW comic they have (with the single stipulation that the comic can't be one released after the 5th of this month) as long as you input the code IDW17 at the cart. From every Transformers comic under IDW's banner like More Than Meets The Eye, All Hail Megatron and Till All Are One to the full IDW Hasbroverse including Revolution, ROM, G.I. Joe and more; click on the image below to go to Comixology's frankly quite insane sale, see if you can't get a damn good deal and brag about any haul you might have in our forums!

Image
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Went ahead and bought MTMTE Vol. 10, ex-RiD Vol. 10, Titans Return and TAAO Vol. 1 since those are the only post-DOOP volumes I didn't have yet from the main three titles.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Line Wide 50% Sale on ComiXology.com

Postby WreckerJack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Motto: "Attitude of gratitude"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I wish they had sales like this for paper comics.
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 1283
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Comixology IDW All-ages sale until 8/14 -- Transformers Animated, Angry Birds Transformers

Postby Kurona » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:47 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
While it ends in just a few days, Comixology's IDW All-ages sale is still going; with some of their digital comics having up to 50% off. While this is primarily aimed at younger audiences and hence IDW's main Transformers titles such as More Than Meets The Eye and the recently-ended Till All Are One aren't included, there's still a fair few comics of our favourite Transforming robots -- largely IDW's old Transformers Animated and Angry Birds Transformers tie-in material! Transformers Animated, The Arrival, Angry Birds Transformers and perhaps most notably The Allspark Almanac are scattered about pages 1, 7 and 8 of the link in the image below; so click it if you're interested and let us know if you got a decent haul from this!


Image
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 VOL.3 #0 PAT LEE GALVATRON VARIANT DREAMWAVE COMICS - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 6 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Cybertron BLURR New RARE w DVD Planet Key - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 10 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Prime Titan 6" Figure - Megatron - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER SCORN - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 24 minutes 6 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER DECEPTICON NITRO - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 39 minutes 35 seconds
VINTAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 THUNDER CLASH TURBOMASTER EUROPEAN FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 56 minutes 43 seconds
BUMBLEBEE; Transformers G2 Go-Bots; MOC, Gobot Gobots Go-Bot; 1994 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 56 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UK COMPLETE LOT OF 9 TITAN BOOKS; NM/MT & UNREAD Legacy of Unicron, - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 56 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017