Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby LadyBug » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 pm

I was rewatching Return of the Fallen tonight and I just realized that Jetfire has the power/ability to use the spacebridge. Yet, as we learned in Dark of the Moon that the spacebridge's inventor/creator was Sentinel Prime; which you needed pillars to activate it. How can Jetfire activate the spacebridge without it? And why is he the only "Autobot" that has that ability? Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19443
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby LadyBug » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:46 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.


Thank you. That actually helps clarify it a bit. ^^
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
LadyBug wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.


Thank you. That actually helps clarify it a bit. ^^


Reading a bit into it more, it turns out Jetfire's version came first, but was phased out with the high rate of failure.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19443
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby TulioDude » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Space-Bridge was the technology of the Dinasty of Primes and the seekers.
Sentinel was genius a genius because he re-discovered and re-made the technology.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Godmaster
Posts: 1505
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby KingEmperor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
TulioDude wrote:Space-Bridge was the technology of the Dinasty of Primes and the seekers.
Sentinel was genius a genius because he re-discovered and re-made the technology.

This.
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:33 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Kids Logic 2014 Egg Attack 6" Transformers Optimus Prime Black Convoy LED Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 2 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Foc Generations ONSLAUGHT Mosc New Bruticus Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 15 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION GALVATRON SPINNING GRINDER ACTION FIGURES KID TOY - Time Remaining: 20 days 17 hours 19 minutes 13 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 34 minutes 37 seconds
Used Takara Tomy Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron - Time Remaining: 22 days 9 hours 35 minutes 31 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CHRONICLE EZ 02 G1 STREAK SILVERSTREAK LEGEND CLASS - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 40 minutes 17 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS G2 DREADWING & SMOKESCREEN EXCLUSIVE MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 40 minutes 23 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS TFTM MOVIE EZ COLLECTION MEGATRON LEGENDS CLASS - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 40 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017