Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby LadyBug » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 pm

I was rewatching Return of the Fallen tonight and I just realized that Jetfire has the power/ability to use the spacebridge. Yet, as we learned in Dark of the Moon that the spacebridge's inventor/creator was Sentinel Prime; which you needed pillars to activate it. How can Jetfire activate the spacebridge without it? And why is he the only "Autobot" that has that ability? Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19426
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby LadyBug » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:46 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.


Thank you. That actually helps clarify it a bit. ^^
User avatar
LadyBug
Vehicon
Posts: 307
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
LadyBug wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
LadyBug wrote:Or am I just over-analyzing Bay's movies too much?


Like so many others... :roll: It can be assumed that the two Space Bridges are of two separate natures, but use the same principle; a network for teleportation. The two natures I dub "RPG Warping" and "Sci-Fi Beaming"

Jetfire had the teleportation ability built in (maybe because he was a Seeker), but as demonstrated it can be unreliable if the user's memory isn't clear or just plain busted (warping in fiction often relies on memories in order to work properly). The Fallen has a similar feature, and uses it to greater effect.
Sentinel Prime's method is more simple, but a bit more limited. Using the pillar system forgoes the memory problem, but limits the potential trajectory to between a mere two points. In some cases that's actually a pro since it limits the risk of landing in the wrong spot, or even the wrong planet.

I'm not sure whichever came first, but I am certain that Jetfire and Sentinel Prime have their own methods of access to the Space Bridge.


Thank you. That actually helps clarify it a bit. ^^


Reading a bit into it more, it turns out Jetfire's version came first, but was phased out with the high rate of failure.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19426
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby TulioDude » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Space-Bridge was the technology of the Dinasty of Primes and the seekers.
Sentinel was genius a genius because he re-discovered and re-made the technology.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Godmaster
Posts: 1502
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Jetfire has the power to use the spacebridge, how?

Postby KingEmperor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
TulioDude wrote:Space-Bridge was the technology of the Dinasty of Primes and the seekers.
Sentinel was genius a genius because he re-discovered and re-made the technology.

This.
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:33 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Evasion Edition Premium Scale - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 39 minutes 7 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE WARRIOR CLASS STRONGARM FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 40 minutes 58 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG 33 Highbrow - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 45 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG 34 Mindwipe - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 49 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ORION PAX NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 56 minutes 53 seconds
3 Changing Style Transformers Titans Return Diac & Optimus Prime Robot Truck Toy - Time Remaining: 25 days 11 hours 1 second
Hasbro Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker IDW Comic Book - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 3 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G2 Generation 2 Water Shooting Color Change Decepticon DELUGE New - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 3 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017