Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Dozertron » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:24 am

I noticed that the 'cons have more artillary related alt modes. I want cool alt modes, and the Autobot clan doesn't impress me all that much. Can you change your alliance? I'm very new to this, and learnign new things every day (but since HMW is down, it's preventing me to do anything at all!). It was a hard choice choosing sides, but is the only option to make a second profile? Fill me in on the details...

my other peers were useless

:| (:| 8-} =P~ I-) =; 8) :oops: :-? :grin: :-B
Dozertron
Minibot
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby jazzrules » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:31 am

Dozertron wrote:I noticed that the 'cons have more artillary related alt modes. I want cool alt modes, and the Autobot clan doesn't impress me all that much. Can you change your alliance? I'm very new to this, and learnign new things every day (but since HMW is down, it's preventing me to do anything at all!). It was a hard choice choosing sides, but is the only option to make a second profile? Fill me in on the details...

my other peers were useless

:| (:| 8-} =P~ I-) =; 8) :oops: :-? :grin: :-B


The 'cons will always have more artillery based alt modes due to the fact that they are the war machines of TFs. If you want to change allegiance then you'll have to wait until V2 to switch. Making a second account is a big no-no as its against the rules.

Pray tell, why don't we impress you all that much?
Image
jazzrules
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 am
Location: York, Yorkshire, England

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Malicron » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:55 am

Motto: "We're all going to die... You go first."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
jazzrules wrote:Pray tell, why don't we impress you all that much?

Becuse you aren't us. :P
Go 'con in V2; we might let you live.
Image
"Chaos, panic, and disorder; My work here is done."
User avatar
Malicron
City Commander
Posts: 3547
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then... Oh hell, you know the rest.
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby jazzrules » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:05 am

Whiner-tron wrote:
jazzrules wrote:Pray tell, why don't we impress you all that much?

Becuse you aren't us. :P
Go 'con in V2; we might let you live.


:roll: Still can't come up with anything new eh? :P

Emphasis on the word "might" - assuming you saw the latest Mosaic (Found Out was its name)- that's what will happen to you if you switch.
Image
jazzrules
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 am
Location: York, Yorkshire, England

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby City Commander » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:18 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
No, that's what happens if you follow a whiny tw*t to the end :P
We're a far more structured organisation now.



How's about this one?


Go con in V2- have someone to talk to other than jazzrules and Supercollider! :P
Image
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
User avatar
City Commander
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: AWC Headquarters (under the sofa)
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Tammuz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 am

man you guys are embarassing yourselves.

Dozertron, please do not make a second account. at some point in the future, Mkall might switch over players, however he did upload a new batch of alts to the database last night, so the bots might get some new alts(but maybe not)
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby City Commander » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:41 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
What other possible aim could I have in this forum? :wink:



Yeah, hold your horses until Mkall's ready.
It shouldn't take too long.




Tam- good call on the weapons thing Mkall talked about in his blog-thread. Percentage chance to hit makes a lot of sense.


What system is it currently running on?
Image
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
User avatar
City Commander
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: AWC Headquarters (under the sofa)
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Tammuz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:53 am

it's not a percentage change to hit, its a percentage chance to use the weapon.

currently each weapon has period of time between each shot that you can't use it which leads to some very big problems i've detailed in Mkall's journal discussion thread
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby jazzrules » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:59 am

Dealer wrote:No, that's what happens if you follow a whiny tw*t to the end :P
We're a far more structured organisation now.



How's about this one?


Go con in V2- have someone to talk to other than jazzrules and Supercollider! :P


Now that's a good one MB :APPLAUSE:
Although, once the game is up and running I'm sure there will be plenty more people to talk to.
Image
jazzrules
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 am
Location: York, Yorkshire, England

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby megatenoh » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Dozertron need to break through the fog of autobot lies and discover all aspects of the TF's,not just the narrow,dogmatic view of the autobots.
Image
megatenoh
Gestalt
Posts: 2323
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:06 pm

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:22 pm

jazzrules wrote:Pray tell, why don't we impress you all that much?


Because you're a bunch of lazy sods who sit around the pool all day on your wittle AWC issued towels going "whoah dude ... i'm like, getting so tanned here. Forget about fighting, let the 'Cons conquer the universe as long as I can still get my rays duuuuuuuude"
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 44791
News Credits: 116
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby jazzrules » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Burn wrote:
jazzrules wrote:Pray tell, why don't we impress you all that much?


Because you're a bunch of lazy sods who sit around the pool all day on your wittle AWC issued towels going "whoah dude ... i'm like, getting so tanned here. Forget about fighting, let the 'Cons conquer the universe as long as I can still get my rays duuuuuuuude"


Meh - what else do you expect us to do all day with the current ceasefire?

Oh, and our beach towels are incredible when it comes to wiping up the oil we spill from your bodies.
Image
jazzrules
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 am
Location: York, Yorkshire, England

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Tammuz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Jazz, hate to break it to you, but the Freaks would wipe the floor with your team.
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:57 pm

jazzrules wrote:Oh, and our beach towels are incredible when it comes to wiping up the oil we spill from your bodies.


As you said ...
jazzrules wrote::roll: Still can't come up with anything new eh? :P


Because we all know that the number of Autobot Commanders that can stand a chance against me can be counted on one hand and even then they tend to need to gang up on me to do so.

Might be time you got out of the sun there, it's obviously affecting your brain. Wait ... no. My bad, lame come backs and empty threats are an Autobot specialty aren't they? :wink:

Oh and spare me the "once everything is reset we'll be on an even playing field and you won't be so tough" retort as well. Heard it all before and all you're doing is giving me more reason to work harder out of the gate to beat you even quicker. 8)
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 44791
News Credits: 116
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Hocus-Pocus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Why, yes. You should join us.

And you will receive your X383TQY69 AutoAssWhooper (rifle weapon thingy) in the mail in the next few days.

Good day, sir.
Hocus-Pocus
City Commander
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Dozertron » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:33 pm

megatenoh wrote:Dozertron need to break through the fog of autobot lies and discover all aspects of the TF's,not just the narrow,dogmatic view of the autobots.



So when they make it (or IF they make it) possible to change alliance I'll choose 'cons. I want weapon based alt modes!


My peers' response...


:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: =P~ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dozertron
Minibot
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby steve2275 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:50 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Burn wrote:
Oh and spare me the "once everything is reset we'll be on an even playing field and you won't be so tough" retort as well. Heard it all before and all you're doing is giving me more reason to work harder out of the gate to beat you even quicker. 8)

good ta see u wont quit when the big reformat starts
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10923
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 6:38 am

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby jazzrules » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:46 am

Tammuz wrote:Jazz, hate to break it to you, but the Freaks would wipe the floor with your team.


Oh I'm well aware of that, due to the fact I've only been playing for about 6 months.
Burn wrote:
As you said ...
jazzrules wrote::roll: Still can't come up with anything new eh? :P


Might be time you got out of the sun there, it's obviously affecting your brain. Wait ... no. My bad, lame come backs and empty threats are an Autobot specialty aren't they? :wink:


Lame comebacks may be our specialty but at least they're new lame comebacks, unlike the recycled ones you 'cons use.
Image
jazzrules
Headmaster
Posts: 1166
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 am
Location: York, Yorkshire, England

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Malicron » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:38 am

Motto: "We're all going to die... You go first."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Burn wrote:Oh and spare me the "once everything is reset we'll be on an even playing field and you won't be so tough" retort as well. Heard it all before and all you're doing is giving me more reason to work harder out of the gate to beat you even quicker. 8)

When the game is reset (I say that like I actually expect that to happen :roll: ) the top players will still be the top players, as they're the one's who know how to configure their bots and what missions to choose. Their going to be racking up the XP, level 0 or not.

I'm planning on just copying their configs and following in their wake. :P
Image
"Chaos, panic, and disorder; My work here is done."
User avatar
Malicron
City Commander
Posts: 3547
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then... Oh hell, you know the rest.
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Colinus Maximus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:29 pm

Motto: "Always expect the worst, you won't be disappointed."
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
jazzrules wrote:
Burn wrote:
jazzrules wrote:Pray tell, why don't we impress you all that much?


Because you're a bunch of lazy sods who sit around the pool all day on your wittle AWC issued towels going "whoah dude ... i'm like, getting so tanned here. Forget about fighting, let the 'Cons conquer the universe as long as I can still get my rays duuuuuuuude"


Meh - what else do you expect us to do all day with the current ceasefire?

Oh, and our beach towels are incredible when it comes to wiping up the oil we spill from your bodies.

So...the AWC is taking strategic advice from either The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy or Towlie from South Park? Hmmmmmm...and to think I was considering going back to the 'bots for version 2. Then again, I do want that Fort Max alt...
Meet the Cynicbots:
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... p?id=14788
Image
I don't care if the turkey said the dog was a turkey! The dog is not the turkey! The turkey's the turkey, you turkey!
User avatar
Colinus Maximus
Godmaster
Posts: 1837
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:28 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby City Commander » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
I look forward to V2. We'll see who accelerates ahead of everyone else, and starts climbing the level ladder faster.




Won't it be weird not having Gore beating the snot out of everyone from the outset? At least for the first few days, it'll be even footing.
Image
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
User avatar
City Commander
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: AWC Headquarters (under the sofa)
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby High Command » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:32 pm

jazzrules wrote:Pray tell, why don't we impress you all that much?


Because you're Shania Twain?

:?: :?: :?:
Image
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8486
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Caelus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Whiner-tron wrote:When the game is reset the top players will still be the top players, as they're the one's who know how to configure their bots and what missions to choose. Their going to be racking up the XP, level 0 or not.



Not necessarily. Many players are very savvy with game strategy/tactics, but aren't at the top because they're so new and haven't had time to accumulate massive xp. And many of the top players are only there by virtue of having been here soooooo long.

Also, for some of the higher level players, playing at the lower levels again, where the RNG makes more of a difference, could be a harsh experience.
I wrote a fantasy novel and I buried one Furmanism in it, because I could.
Caelus
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9724
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:32 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby Malicron » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Motto: "We're all going to die... You go first."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Well, I'll just keep playing badly and making a nuisance of myself on the boards, V2 or not. :P
Image
"Chaos, panic, and disorder; My work here is done."
User avatar
Malicron
City Commander
Posts: 3547
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then... Oh hell, you know the rest.
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Maybe I should have been a Decepticon?

Postby City Commander » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
I'm just gonna keep learning what the best setups are.

The better your team, the faster you rise!
Image
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
User avatar
City Commander
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: AWC Headquarters (under the sofa)
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Heavy Metal War Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Beast Wars TM-SP DX Convoy (Optimus Primal) MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 11 minutes 32 seconds
Rare Transformers Mechtech Ironhide  Autobot MB 2010    FREE SHIPPING - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 16 minutes 40 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Combiner Wars SDCC 2015 Constructicons Devastator MISB - Time Remaining: 10 days 21 hours 19 minutes 54 seconds
TAKARATOMY Transformers Beast Wars Henkei! Henkei! C-16 Dinobot Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 21 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Prime Battle Shield Optimus Prime Toysrus exclusive Limited Edition - Time Remaining: 12 days 20 hours 21 minutes 41 seconds
GI Joe 50th Scarlett loose figure Transformers Crossover SDCC Exclusive 2016 - Time Remaining: 2 days 24 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire & Blurr Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 24 minutes 29 seconds
SDCC 2017 Transformers Trypticon Crunch Cereal Box Poster Hasbro Exclusive - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 32 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017