New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Skritz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Ranking the Sunbow cartoon first in anyone's top series always felt weird to me. On one hand, yeah I actually understand and agree that its very much the incarnation of the original series that has pretty much established all the conventions of the franchise, more so than even the comics. It carries a massive legacy that is impossible to ignore. However on a technical and storytelling level, its kind of utter crap. The animation is piss poor even for the time and so riddled with errors that every single episode on TFwiki has a bucket list of moments where the animation goes wrong. Even worse, the animation isn't just some minor issue like BW clipping or textures failing to load but often something which damage the flow of the story such as characters swapping lines or colors.

It seems people's mental image of what G1 was like is more in line with the much better animated and much cleaner motion picture. Mind you, in my case this is because I saw everyone's precious GEEWUN after the admittedly pretty 'meh to horrible' Unicron trilogy.

Honestly it seems like people like the ideas of G1 (at least in cartoon form) more than the characters and what little story arcs they might have had over such an episodic show. Maybe that's why my favorite season of it is maligned season 3. I actually like the stronger continuity with the Movie plot and onward, as well as Rodimus struggling with the leadership...even if the show eventually gives up and bring Optimus back.

Maybe its the Beast Wars fan in me who prefer a slightly stronger arc structure and the more central cast of Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Kup and the others. There's also the fact that for the most part, Transformers cartoon have stuck to a more stable recurring cast ever since season 3 and rarely, if ever, went back to G1 season 1 and 2 insanely huge rotating cast.
User avatar
Skritz
Gestalt
Posts: 2321
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Skritz wrote:The animation is piss poor even for the time and so riddled with errors that every single episode on TFwiki has a bucket list of moments where the animation goes wrong.


To quote Unicron from TF:TM -"You Exaggerate", or perhaps your argument has been shaped by fans who did not live during that era and jump to these conclusions harshly. There are errors to be sure, but no more so than any other series of the time. It's not excusable mind you, but its just what occurred during that time. It's funny to think that Rhino tried to correct some of the mistakes, and add in sound effects not originally present, on its first DVD releases and was lambasted by the fans of the time because they wanted it preserved the way it was. It's actually high end when it comes to the 80's, not sub par. If you want that watch any Hanna Barbara show. Scooby-Doo is among some of the worst when it comes to technical errors, yet is still beloved to this day. Maybe it is because I've seen each episode dozens of times, but the mistakes to me do not deter from the story. Audio and animation mistakes like what occurred especially in Armada are far worse in impeding storytelling IMHO. There are plenty of examples of beautifully animated scenes in the original series btw.

If you'll notice from a technical perspective I ranked BW higher than the original, THAT is how much I like and respect that series. Kind of like how Star Trek TNG is technically superior in every way from OST, - the original series still has it's core fan base who love that series more than any other iteration, and rightfully so.
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3753
News Credits: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Beast Wars is my favorite. I was there when it first aired, so I'll admit that it does hold a lot of nostalgia for me. But even then, I'd be lying if I felt it was perfect. A lot of the first season feels like padding and filler, but while I prefer the stronger writing of season 2, many other fans will say that they actually prefer the less story-driven first season.

In all honesty, when people say "Beast Wars is the best," what they usually mean is that "Beast Wars Season 2 is the best," with their mind subconsciously attributing the greatness of that season onto the entire show when that couldn't be further from the truth. Beast Wars Season 2 was the apex of that show, while the rest of it is more of a guilty pleasure.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33070
News Credits: 330
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
All good points, but as we move further away, the comparisons become more evident. Original Transformers is to OST what BW is to TNG. (Both having solid fan bases, and both TNG and BW were great for their time, are still great to an extent, but yes obviously aging ever so slowly) Unicron Trilogy is kind of like Voyager (not that popular), although then the comparisons become problematic. Although both Trek fans and TF fans are split in a similar way as to whether new media is "good" or not, I cant compare Prime or Cyberverse for instance to anything currently Trek related. New Trek Looks great (from what little I've seen), but older fans are critical of its story. I only saw the first episode of Picard, and liked what I saw, but heard it had problems as the season went on... :-?
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3753
News Credits: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Deadput » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I think another reason why people adore the G1 Cartoon besides being the first thing around is that the show had a lot of "life" and/or "energy" for lack of better words, it was a pretty optimistic show with fun characters even if most were not deep or had character development.

The G1 cartoon isn't my fave overall but it has some of my fave versions of characters just due to how likable they could be, the top of which is Optimus Prime, I'm usually just "sure he exists" with most versions of Optimus and don't tend to be favorites but there is something so wholesome about G1 Prime.

(I consider Animated and to an extent UT Optimus to come close, Optimus Primal doesn't count for me but he's also up there.)

So overall I think the most important part of making a Transformers show work is the characters, like who cares if the show is "dark" or something if you don't find any entertainment in the characters or care about them right?

So I hope the netflix show can deliver on that to some extent even if the trailer isn't super exciting.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4207
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm happy it's arriving fairly on time, but I still hope it doesn't have the same sorts of issues that Prime Wars had. Of course, casual nerd sites will love it because it's "G1 but dark and mature", but I'm sure more experienced fans may have more varied opinions. We'll see how it goes, because I'm on the fence so far.
Action Figure Wishlist:

POTP (Optimal Optimus, Dinobots, Rodimus)
Titans Return (Galvatron, Kup, Blurr, Blitzwing, Scourge, Astrotrain)
All the Combiner Wars Aerialbots
MPM Megatron
Siege (Hot Shot, Hotlink, Thundercracker)
Studio Series repaints
Arms Micron Breakdown
TFP Soundwave
Ectotron
Universe Cyclonus

My G1 Starscream needs fists. He's the Collection reissue and can't have a coronation without fists!
User avatar
Quantum Surge
Vehicon
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:46 am
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Ooouuuu, speaking of best series eh? You know lists are my thing. Wondering if people would lose their minds if number 1 in a top 5 would be beast wars.

let's see, for english language releases...

5. Animated
4. Cyberverse
3. Prime
2. Sunbow
1. Beast Wars

:-?

what do y'all think?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 26494
News Credits: 2812
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
For me, it's hard since I have a lot of subjective favorites that are objectively not as great as others, while some of my picks are also ties rather than singles.

1. Beast Wars
2. Rescue Bots
3. Animated
4. Tie: Beast Machines and Car Robots/RiD 2001
5. Super-God Masterforce
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33070
News Credits: 330
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:23 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
My five favorite TF shows go like this:

1. Beast Wars
2. TFP
3. Animated
4. Cyberverse
5. Cybertron
Action Figure Wishlist:

POTP (Optimal Optimus, Dinobots, Rodimus)
Titans Return (Galvatron, Kup, Blurr, Blitzwing, Scourge, Astrotrain)
All the Combiner Wars Aerialbots
MPM Megatron
Siege (Hot Shot, Hotlink, Thundercracker)
Studio Series repaints
Arms Micron Breakdown
TFP Soundwave
Ectotron
Universe Cyclonus

My G1 Starscream needs fists. He's the Collection reissue and can't have a coronation without fists!
User avatar
Quantum Surge
Vehicon
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:46 am
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Burn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:46 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
william-james88 wrote:what do y'all think?

Think it's off-topic. >:oP
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 27936
News Credits: 217
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:41 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
So is the show cast going to be strictly SIEGE or do you think we will see some non-toy outliers?
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Gestalt
Posts: 2442
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:05 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Well there's characters in there that haven't recieved toys yet (and they're not in their previous toys forms) like Elita 1 and Bumblebee. I expect to see 'repaint' characters a plenty to save on creating new character models
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10808
News Credits: 546
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
As much as they don't have WFC figures yet. Given who they are, I wouldn't call BB or even Elita-1 these days, outliers. I'm thinking more will we see something/one new? The next Rattrap or Bulkhead maybe?

ZeroWolf wrote:I expect to see 'repaint' characters a plenty to save on creating new character models


Right. As it is a CG show, I'm expecting the BW effect with the size of the roster. Depending on how in parallel they were made, I would assume Reflector, Barricade and the Eight Tetrajets are part of this line for that very purpose.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Gestalt
Posts: 2442
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:48 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
There's a red redeco of Cog in there, too.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33070
News Credits: 330
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:55 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I would be so impressed if they put effort into making Cog, Brunt etc into new and memorable characters. Maybe someone might even do something anything with Full Tilt.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Gestalt
Posts: 2442
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Toizarus » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 am

To quote Unicron from TF:TM -"You Exaggerate", or perhaps your argument has been shaped by fans who did not live during that era and jump to these conclusions harshly. There are errors to be sure, but no more so than any other series of the time.


I'd disagree with that. I've been watching Gobots recently and it is startling just how consistently animated and error-free the series is by comparison with Transformers. It's not the only show from that era that does well by comparison either. And I DID live through the original Transformers series when it aired.

I also echo OP's comments - I think it's a poor choice for top series because it's all over the place in terms of quality and can be genuinely hard to watch. People just put it on a pedestal because of its legacy.

Getting back to the main topic I'm looking forward to the series but to be honest I don't expect much beyond the Prime Trilogy. Smoother animation, okay great, but the script and voice-acting seem really wooden, really over-doing the grim-dark SERIOUS DRAMA. Remember when in the original series Bots could stop megatron returning to Cybertron and stand around chuckling at a few jokes afterwards? God, I miss that sense of easy camaraderie.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the series will be amazing. Fingers crossed.
Toizarus
Mini-Con
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:50 am
Buy from Toizarus on eBay

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:16 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I would be so impressed if they put effort into making Cog, Brunt etc into new and memorable characters. Maybe someone might even do something anything with Full Tilt.
Sakamoto tried to do something with Full-Tilt by making him the most important component of Trypticon, in that each time Trypticon came back to life was due to the continued survival of Full-Tilt.

And there was Full-Tilt's poignant role in the BWU story "Intersectionality"
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33070
News Credits: 330
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:And there was Full-Tilt's poignant role in the BWU story "Intersectionality"




I mean direct representation via a show or something official [and canon] from Hasbro/Takara. Considering Full Tilt is pretty much the only Decepticon non-Earth based car (also not part of a combiner team) and his design being quite distinct, he has been little more than Trypticon's wacky chest plate within continuity.

Note: Much in the same way some people are dismissive of 3P figures, for me that bugbear is Convention/Collectors Club merch.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Gestalt
Posts: 2442
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:56 pm

o.supreme wrote:
Skritz wrote:The animation is piss poor even for the time and so riddled with errors that every single episode on TFwiki has a bucket list of moments where the animation goes wrong.


To quote Unicron from TF:TM -"You Exaggerate", or perhaps your argument has been shaped by fans who did not live during that era and jump to these conclusions harshly. There are errors to be sure, but no more so than any other series of the time. It's not excusable mind you, but its just what occurred during that time. It's funny to think that Rhino tried to correct some of the mistakes, and add in sound effects not originally present, on its first DVD releases and was lambasted by the fans of the time because they wanted it preserved the way it was. It's actually high end when it comes to the 80's, not sub par. If you want that watch any Hanna Barbara show. Scooby-Doo is among some of the worst when it comes to technical errors, yet is still beloved to this day. Maybe it is because I've seen each episode dozens of times, but the mistakes to me do not deter from the story. Audio and animation mistakes like what occurred especially in Armada are far worse in impeding storytelling IMHO. There are plenty of examples of beautifully animated scenes in the original series btw.

If you'll notice from a technical perspective I ranked BW higher than the original, THAT is how much I like and respect that series. Kind of like how Star Trek TNG is technically superior in every way from OST, - the original series still has it's core fan base who love that series more than any other iteration, and rightfully so.


I gotta go with this one too, the animation was standard to high end for the time of G1. It always kills me when I see someone talk about older cartoon animation or even older movie special effects being bad because it doesn't compare to modern day versions. It seems like people just can't appreciate what came before for the technological advancements they lead to.

Look at the series REBOOT (the original not the remake/continuation from Netflix)You could literally see the improvements in CQ animation as the seasons progressed, but I've heard people complain, "why didn't they use the good animation in the season 1?" And explaining that it didn't exist then just doesn't seem to get through to them for some reason. But I digress.

I fall under the category that Beast Wars did have the best storytelling out of all of the series so far. Animated's story telling was pretty good to, but I also needed to get past the animation. Prime would be a #2 for story telling, until the end of the third season, then IMHO, it tanked. The unicron trillogy I would go with being pretty much the worst in story, especially with every series have Megatron become Galvatron only to revert back for the next series. Everything else is pretty much in between, though I do like how they handled Hot Rod in Cyberverse even if my favorite episode was the Arcee/Grimlock buddy episode.
Rodimus Knight
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 544
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:52 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Rodimus Knight wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Skritz wrote:The animation is piss poor even for the time and so riddled with errors that every single episode on TFwiki has a bucket list of moments where the animation goes wrong.


To quote Unicron from TF:TM -"You Exaggerate", or perhaps your argument has been shaped by fans who did not live during that era and jump to these conclusions harshly. There are errors to be sure, but no more so than any other series of the time. It's not excusable mind you, but its just what occurred during that time. It's funny to think that Rhino tried to correct some of the mistakes, and add in sound effects not originally present, on its first DVD releases and was lambasted by the fans of the time because they wanted it preserved the way it was. It's actually high end when it comes to the 80's, not sub par. If you want that watch any Hanna Barbara show. Scooby-Doo is among some of the worst when it comes to technical errors, yet is still beloved to this day. Maybe it is because I've seen each episode dozens of times, but the mistakes to me do not deter from the story. Audio and animation mistakes like what occurred especially in Armada are far worse in impeding storytelling IMHO. There are plenty of examples of beautifully animated scenes in the original series btw.

If you'll notice from a technical perspective I ranked BW higher than the original, THAT is how much I like and respect that series. Kind of like how Star Trek TNG is technically superior in every way from OST, - the original series still has it's core fan base who love that series more than any other iteration, and rightfully so.


I gotta go with this one too, the animation was standard to high end for the time of G1. It always kills me when I see someone talk about older cartoon animation or even older movie special effects being bad because it doesn't compare to modern day versions. It seems like people just can't appreciate what came before for the technological advancements they lead to.

Look at the series REBOOT (the original not the remake/continuation from Netflix)You could literally see the improvements in CQ animation as the seasons progressed, but I've heard people complain, "why didn't they use the good animation in the season 1?" And explaining that it didn't exist then just doesn't seem to get through to them for some reason. But I digress.

I fall under the category that Beast Wars did have the best storytelling out of all of the series so far. Animated's story telling was pretty good to, but I also needed to get past the animation. Prime would be a #2 for story telling, until the end of the third season, then IMHO, it tanked. The unicron trillogy I would go with being pretty much the worst in story, especially with every series have Megatron become Galvatron only to revert back for the next series. Everything else is pretty much in between, though I do like how they handled Hot Rod in Cyberverse even if my favorite episode was the Arcee/Grimlock buddy episode.


Given that most of the episodes in seasons 2 and 3 were being made at a break neck pace with some episodes being made in about 4 months from finished script to aired on TV it's actually kind of amazing how well some of those episodes hold up at all (and some that don't). I do think on a technical/artistic level shows like Prime, Animated, Cyberverse, and Robots in Disguise (both versions) are better LOOKING shows than the original, it still has it's charm.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: Indiana
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Quantum Surge » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 am

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
G1's show can suck at times with its redundant characters, subgroups, and animation errors, but I think the animation was at least better than the Japanese spinoff content for how more expressive the character movement is and not having lip movement be simply a flapping mouth.
Action Figure Wishlist:

POTP (Optimal Optimus, Dinobots, Rodimus)
Titans Return (Galvatron, Kup, Blurr, Blitzwing, Scourge, Astrotrain)
All the Combiner Wars Aerialbots
MPM Megatron
Siege (Hot Shot, Hotlink, Thundercracker)
Studio Series repaints
Arms Micron Breakdown
TFP Soundwave
Ectotron
Universe Cyclonus

My G1 Starscream needs fists. He's the Collection reissue and can't have a coronation without fists!
User avatar
Quantum Surge
Vehicon
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:46 am
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Quantum Surge wrote:G1's show can suck at times with its redundant characters, subgroups, and animation errors, but I think the animation was at least better than the Japanese spinoff content for how more expressive the character movement is and not having lip movement be simply a flapping mouth.

Which is quite funny as it was animated in that region anyway.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10808
News Credits: 546
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

New Promo Images Released For Netflix Transformers Siege

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:39 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, CyclonusG1, has informed us that over on the Transformers Official Instagram, they've released three new images to promote the Netflix exclusive Transformers Siege cartoon that premiers this month. The three images give us a good look at Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee and Elita-1. What's interesting in the case of the latter two, these could give us hints as to what their toy forms may look like. As so far, from all the promotional material, the models used stay very close to toy designs.

Image

Image

Image

That's not all, over on the Transformers Official Facebook page, these same images are also turned into animated posters!

What do you think of these? Looking forward to this new cartoon? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10808
News Credits: 546
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:45 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
There's also a Cybertronian letter displayed in the background of each poster. Ultra Magnus's is the letter I, Bumblebee's is the letter K, and Elita's is the letter N.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33070
News Credits: 330
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby sol magnus » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Nice. Bumblebee looks pretty much like he does on the Earthrise box art. Magnus is Magnus. Elita-1 we'll have to see.
User avatar
sol magnus
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 916
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY