Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Sustain » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:11 am

Motto: ""It is not enough to win, you must maintain control.""
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
I really enjoyed these three games. I'm a little surprised that when I scrolled down there wasn't already a thread other than a teaser. I haven't decided if I want to put the money out for a PS4 just yet, but this kind of makes me want to. Image

So Love/hate. What did you think?
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
Image
User avatar
Sustain
Gestalt
Posts: 2716
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Daraknus Decepticon Outpost.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:29 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
My favorite was Arkham Asylum. I liked City too, but what I didn't like about it was that you can't just do the story mode, and then do all the side-quests, which is how I usually do these kinds of games. Some of the side-quests, and side stories can only be done at specific points during the campaign, so I haven't touched the game since. Oh and that not only did I have to install a frand new firmware update just for it, but I also had to download and install the Catwoman pack. In the end I had to wait three hours just to get playing, because of course the dlc was acting up and broke of the download 4 effing times. I don't understand why they had to do that, I mean I payed for the Collector's edition pre-order, why make me sit through all that, to get an integral part of the game running?

I didn't bother with Origins, since it was made by a different studio and in my experience that's never good.


And yes, that Batman PS4 is awesome, I say it'S the perfect bundle to start with, get it. It looks awesome, and so far the PS4 experience is pretty awesome, especially with PS+, I don't play online, but I do enjoy the free games and price reductions. :D
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 762
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Sustain » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:41 am

Motto: ""It is not enough to win, you must maintain control.""
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
I have to confess that I get a little behind on things, so by the time I could get Asylum, it was game of the year and already contained all the DLC. Same with City. I think I enjoyed City more than Asylum.

Origins surprised me. And I've played that one more than I've played the other two probably combined.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
Image
User avatar
Sustain
Gestalt
Posts: 2716
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Daraknus Decepticon Outpost.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:44 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Yeah, I may actually go that route with theis newest one and wait for the Game of the Year edition, so I don't have to download crap and get the full experience for a sane price.
The problem with the Catwoman dlc wasn't that it was extra content or anything, it was actually an integral part of the game and its story, they just decided to cut it out and make it dlc, so that if someone bought it second hand they could charge them to have the complete basic game.
It just angered me that I pre-ordered it, payed for the whole game in advance and then had to jump through hoops and sh*t just to actually experience what I payed for months ago. I felt like I was being treated like a criminal. Last game I ever pre-ordered.

Edit:
Actually no, not the last game I pre-ordered, I did pre-order God of War Ascension, and that thought me to only ever pre-order games made by Sony and not WB or someone else.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 762
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Moosey » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
City may actually be my favorite game of all time. I really liked Asylum as well, but preferred City's open world gameplay to the metroid-vania style gameplay of asylum. Origins is good as well, but don't expect it to be as good as city.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Image
User avatar
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:33 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The biggest improvement City had over Arkham was actual boss fight variety. Having the same boss fight where all you had to do was dodge and then punch, and fight a couple goons got really, really old and boring, so much so that the Joker final boss was the lamest and lest challenging final boss ever, Ivy's boss fight was awesome though.

Gotta say, I enjoyed picking off Penguin's men as Catwoman in City, only thing that was annoying about the Catwoman sections was that she took less damage than Batman (sure he's decked out in armor, but it gets a bit annoying when I'm used to just standing there punching the crap out of everyone while eating up damage), and her taking forever to knock someone out because her KO punch animation was so long so she could move in that sexy manor and show of her ass and legs as much as possible. Sure, nice to look at in the beginning, but it interfered with the game-play, I can't even tell you how many times I died because she was too busy showing off her ass to the camera than knocking someone out before they stood up or his friends came to help him.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 762
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Sustain » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:27 am

Motto: ""It is not enough to win, you must maintain control.""
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
That's kinda true, the boss fight with Joker was a let down.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
Image
User avatar
Sustain
Gestalt
Posts: 2716
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Daraknus Decepticon Outpost.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Shadowman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:My favorite was Arkham Asylum. I liked City too, but what I didn't like about it was that you can't just do the story mode, and then do all the side-quests, which is how I usually do these kinds of games. Some of the side-quests, and side stories can only be done at specific points during the campaign, so I haven't touched the game since.


Which ones? Because I don't remember a single one that was locked to a specific time frame in the game.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14262
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
If only I knew about this bundle earlier. :BANG_HEAD:

I just got the Bloodborne bundle last week. I mean, Bloodborne's a great game, but the Batman bundle looks really cool.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2837
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:12 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:My favorite was Arkham Asylum. I liked City too, but what I didn't like about it was that you can't just do the story mode, and then do all the side-quests, which is how I usually do these kinds of games. Some of the side-quests, and side stories can only be done at specific points during the campaign, so I haven't touched the game since.


Which ones? Because I don't remember a single one that was locked to a specific time frame in the game.

Can't remember, I powered through the story then tried did the side missions and was locked out of some of them (the selection screen even marked them as such), checked online and found out that they remain locked unless I start the game again (plus revealed other stuff like the alternate path that leads to the one off Killer Crock encounter). And I'm not really in the mood to unpack the annoying collector's box and fire up the PS3 again, load my saved game and check. I assume you can use google?
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 762
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Shadowman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:20 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:My favorite was Arkham Asylum. I liked City too, but what I didn't like about it was that you can't just do the story mode, and then do all the side-quests, which is how I usually do these kinds of games. Some of the side-quests, and side stories can only be done at specific points during the campaign, so I haven't touched the game since.


Which ones? Because I don't remember a single one that was locked to a specific time frame in the game.

Can't remember, I powered through the story then tried did the side missions and was locked out of some of them (the selection screen even marked them as such), checked online and found out that they remain locked unless I start the game again (plus revealed other stuff like the alternate path that leads to the one off Killer Crock encounter). And I'm not really in the mood to unpack the annoying collector's box and fire up the PS3 again, load my saved game and check. I assume you can use google?


I searched "arkham city side quest locked" in Google, and the first five results all confirmed that yes, you can still complete the sidequests after finishing the story. Kotaku, for instance, confirms its false. (That was the fourth result)

So...you're wrong.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14262
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:18 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:My favorite was Arkham Asylum. I liked City too, but what I didn't like about it was that you can't just do the story mode, and then do all the side-quests, which is how I usually do these kinds of games. Some of the side-quests, and side stories can only be done at specific points during the campaign, so I haven't touched the game since.


Which ones? Because I don't remember a single one that was locked to a specific time frame in the game.

Can't remember, I powered through the story then tried did the side missions and was locked out of some of them (the selection screen even marked them as such), checked online and found out that they remain locked unless I start the game again (plus revealed other stuff like the alternate path that leads to the one off Killer Crock encounter). And I'm not really in the mood to unpack the annoying collector's box and fire up the PS3 again, load my saved game and check. I assume you can use google?


I searched "arkham city side quest locked" in Google, and the first five results all confirmed that yes, you can still complete the sidequests after finishing the story. Kotaku, for instance, confirms its false. (That was the fourth result)

So...you're wrong.

Must be an update or something, I powered through it and then it locked me out of 1/4 of the side missions, haven't touched it since. So they likely issued an update to remedy that after complaints.
Cool.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 762
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Sustain » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:20 am

Motto: ""It is not enough to win, you must maintain control.""
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
I didn't have any trouble with side quests. Though if I ran into a question mark I did pick it up.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
Image
User avatar
Sustain
Gestalt
Posts: 2716
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Daraknus Decepticon Outpost.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Moosey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I may actually try to 100% Arkham City now. I finally finally FINALLY beat advanced AR Challenge 1 (the one where you have to dive bomb and then fly thru the ridiculously long tunnel in the Joker's place) after more than a year's hiatus. Even though I beat the riddler side mission, I still have a few more riddler trophies.. But I really don't wanna try to get perfects on the Riddler's Revenge challenge mode.. Also new game plus is a daunting challenge. Y'all think I can pull it off in the 2 or so months before Knight comes out?
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Image
User avatar
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Moosey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Oh also, forgot to mention my current completion rating is 72% I think.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Image
User avatar
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Played/Playing Arkham City, Origins, Asylum.

Postby Sustain » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 am

Motto: ""It is not enough to win, you must maintain control.""
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
Some of the things just seem so hard I get frustrated. I put it down for a few weeks or even a month. *looks at date of last post in this thread.* ... oops. But then I pick it up and sometimes I get a few more things done other times... well I put it back down.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
Image
User avatar
Sustain
Gestalt
Posts: 2716
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Daraknus Decepticon Outpost.
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
Twincast / Podcast #208:
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Generations Wfc BUMBLEBEE Complete Deluxe War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Jazz Transformers Mighty Muggs by Hasbro NIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WINDBLADE (2014 Series) #6 INCENTIVE Near Mint Comics Book" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WINDBLADE (2014 Series) #7 INCENTIVE Near Mint Comics Book" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unique Toys UT R-01 Robot 23cm Collectible Figure Lockdown New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series 08 DECEPTICON BLACKOUT Leader Class Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Kids Logic MN08 Mecha Nation Transformers Decepticon Devastator LED Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS - ARCEE CLASS SEALED NEW" on EBAY