Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Postby OptimusPrime84 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Anyone else preorder Power of the Primes Grimlock on Amazon?
Did you receive yours yet?

I preordered back on November 23rd and told it would be released on December 15th. On December 15th I was told that it was delayed until December 19th on December 19th I was told that it would be delayed until December 21st. Today is December 21st and I received an email at 12:00 noon that it would not be delivered until after Christmas.

Now it is too late for me to find Grimlock anywhere else before Christmas.

When I called Amazon they told me that they never received any of the preorders from Hasbro and that it was Hasbro that was telling them that it would be delivered on those dates.

Has anyone else had this experience with Power of the Primes Grimlock?
Has anyone else had this experience with Amazon?
Does anyone know what truly happened?
OptimusPrime84
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Yeah, something happened at Amazon with Grimlock. Check out the Power of the Primes thread. I'm getting mine tomorrow, but I received a few push backs like yours did. In fact, both Starscream and Grimlock were pushed back from arriving the 16th to the 19th originally. Then 1 more day for Starscream and 2 for Grimlock. Starscrem arrived on the 19th. Grimlock even showed up as arriving Tuesday (20th) by 8pm even though there was never an indication that it shipped. Then I got an email from Amazon indicating it would arrive today, then it got pushed back to tomorrow, but I did finally get a shipment notification and tracking number.

At least 1 other perosn had their delayed to Jan 20th, and either cancelled it himself or Amazon cancelled it on him (not clear from his reply). A few people had their arrive already, and at least 1 more had their delayed similar to mine.

Something weird happened at Amazon, but apparently only with Grimlock.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 960
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Postby TrypticonCarne » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Motto: "My power is everything, defeat is absurd!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
they cancelled it, 
User avatar
TrypticonCarne
Vehicon
Posts: 374
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:39 pm
Alt Mode: Cybertronian laser cannon
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:34 am

Just to further explain. They come 2 per case, with equal amounts of grimlock and starscream. But clearly this shows that Grimlock was the more popular one and a lot more people ordered Grimlock. They took more preorders than they had coming and are now cancelling them. So its a shortage of voyager cases, it just so happens that more people want grimlock over starscream. And Hasbro has anticipated this hence why he is getting rereleased later in 2018.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 22445
News Credits: 1907
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Postby Munkky » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
william-james88 wrote:Just to further explain. They come 2 per case, with equal amounts of grimlock and starscream. But clearly this shows that Grimlock was the more popular one and a lot more people ordered Grimlock. They took more preorders than they had coming and are now cancelling them. So its a shortage of voyager cases, it just so happens that more people want grimlock over starscream. And Hasbro has anticipated this hence why he is getting rereleased later in 2018.


With this in mind, I'm wondering if I should try to get a Grimlock now, wait until the wave 1 Voyagers appear at retail in my area, or bide my time until the late 2018 re-release. I don't want to wait too long to get my Grimlock, but of course patience is a virtue.
Munkky
Vehicon
Posts: 338
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Munkky wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Just to further explain. They come 2 per case, with equal amounts of grimlock and starscream. But clearly this shows that Grimlock was the more popular one and a lot more people ordered Grimlock. They took more preorders than they had coming and are now cancelling them. So its a shortage of voyager cases, it just so happens that more people want grimlock over starscream. And Hasbro has anticipated this hence why he is getting rereleased later in 2018.


With this in mind, I'm wondering if I should try to get a Grimlock now, wait until the wave 1 Voyagers appear at retail in my area, or bide my time until the late 2018 re-release. I don't want to wait too long to get my Grimlock, but of course patience is a virtue.


Given his rumored re-release, I'd say wait until you see him in stores, and if you do spot him, get him only if you don't have anything of higher priority.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16160
News Credits: 213
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Power of the Primes Grimlock shortage?

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Munkky wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Just to further explain. They come 2 per case, with equal amounts of grimlock and starscream. But clearly this shows that Grimlock was the more popular one and a lot more people ordered Grimlock. They took more preorders than they had coming and are now cancelling them. So its a shortage of voyager cases, it just so happens that more people want grimlock over starscream. And Hasbro has anticipated this hence why he is getting rereleased later in 2018.


With this in mind, I'm wondering if I should try to get a Grimlock now, wait until the wave 1 Voyagers appear at retail in my area, or bide my time until the late 2018 re-release. I don't want to wait too long to get my Grimlock, but of course patience is a virtue.


Given his rumored re-release, I'd say wait until you see him in stores, and if you do spot him, get him only if you don't have anything of higher priority.


I'm still hoping Takara will drop some news soon on their plans for the mold. Will it be part of a combiner Dinobot set for a relaunch of Unite Warriors, or a straight Hasbro import like the rest of the initial Power of the Primes line up? I'll be grabbing up the Prime Masters and Legends Class figures as soon as I see them (probably the Leader Class figures too), but it's going to be HARD to resist Grimlock and the other Dinobots if I spot them in store, ESPECIALLY if Grimlock is going to be hard to find at US retail.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Gestalt
Posts: 2707
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
Twincast / Podcast #207:
"Through The Fargate"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Platinum CROSSHAIRS Complete Deluxe AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction GALVATRON Voyager AOE Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 1985 BOMBSHELL loose figure insecticon hasbro takara" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar ACTION FIGURE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends LG26 Scourge Robot Head Master Action Figure Kid Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations - Roadbuster - Sealed - Light Wear" on EBAY
Buy "Used Kaiyodo Revoltech Yamaguchi No.47 Transformers Hot Rod  PAINTED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Optimus Prime Titan Hero Series NEW Age of Extinction!" on EBAY