PS3 Stranglehold uh... strangled?

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

PS3 Stranglehold uh... strangled?

Postby sniper_samurai » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:50 pm

Apparently the first PS3 game to be region locked is Midways Stranglehold, while this is understandable for the special edition as it also contains Hard Boiled but the standard version is also region coded.

Its things like this that annoy us Europeans and why Midway are my least favorite publisher, although it doesn't suprize me as Midway have a proven track record of removing extras and not releasing SEs outside the US. The PS3 is expensive enough here in Europe($870) without having to also pay Euro prices for games($80-$100).

I hope this turns out to be false especially the special edition as the PS3 SE isn't being released outside of the US. This has gotten so convoluted that Midways reps and forum mods don't even have a straight answer.
http://forums.midway.com/all_things_stranglehold/b10788/27179587/p1
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby Sonray » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby sniper_samurai » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:18 am

Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby Sonray » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:27 am

sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.


Already got it on DVD myself :P
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Postby sniper_samurai » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:34 am

Sonray wrote:
sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.


Already got it on DVD myself :P


Same here, although I've only got the dubbed version :( . It would still be awesome to have a HD version of it though I would prefer a HD-DVD release as there is no region coding and the format is more flexable than BluRay. For proof look at the extras on the HD-DVD version of 300 compared to the BluRay version.
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby Sonray » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:46 am

sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:
sniper_samurai wrote:
Sonray wrote:Simple solution: Buy the 360 version instead?


I will be if I can't get my hands on the PS3 SE as Hard Boiled is an awesome film.


Already got it on DVD myself :P


Same here, although I've only got the dubbed version :( . It would still be awesome to have a HD version of it though I would prefer a HD-DVD release as there is no region coding and the format is more flexable than BluRay. For proof look at the extras on the HD-DVD version of 300 compared to the BluRay version.


I dont think my version is dubbed...i could be wrong though but i prefer not to read the movie anyway lol.

Blu-Ray is a waste of time i think. Its a complete overkill and really unecessary (SP?) and im totally not interested in any of this HD stuff right now anyway since i dont have a HD tv.

I think its stupid that Sony forces you to buy a blue-ray player with their console, which just jacks up the price even more. At least microsoft allows people to choose if they want the hd stuff with the add on hd dvd player.
Sonray
City Commander
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 4:42 pm


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers GO! G05 Swordbots Shinobi Gekisoumaru Takara MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 21 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers GO! G20 Shinobi Ninja Team Sensuimaru Takara MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 20 minutes 59 seconds
Brand New Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV56 Nemesis Prime Japan Import - Time Remaining: 21 days 11 hours 26 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers The Movie 2007 Deluxe Class Decepticon Barricade Brand NEW In Box - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 27 minutes 39 seconds
KRE-O Transformers 316 pc STARSCREAM Fighter jet Robot + 174 pc Police Car PROWL - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 37 minutes 12 seconds
Hasbro Transformers RPMS Sideswipe Autobot Speed Series Die-cast Scale 1:64 BNIP - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 38 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Blade Strike Deluxe Class Age of Extinction - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 38 minutes 52 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Decepticon Scavenger 2 MOSC G2 c-9 Generation 2 Devastator - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 43 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test