Stop making Transformers movie sequels petition

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Stop making Transformers movie sequels petition

Postby Cobalt Prime » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:13 am

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
A little more thought in the writing could have alleviated some of the Sentinel Prime execution issue.

If they could have had something along the lines of Sentinel having a small change of heart in the final battle and putting himself between Prime and Megs at the last second to save Prime from a killing shot, thus taking the hit and falling, Prime could have continued to trash Megs. Then a scene would have followed where Prime cradles his fallen mentor while Sentinel THEN makes the apology speech as he dies in Prime's arm (singular), with Prime saying something noble, sad, and forgiving to send him on his way to the matrix. This, to me, would have made more sense and would have still accomplished all the intended goals, but in a much more faithful to the character manner.
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Stop making Transformers movie sequels petition

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Cobalt Prime wrote:A little more thought in the writing could have alleviated some of the Sentinel Prime execution issue.

If they could have had something along the lines of Sentinel having a small change of heart in the final battle and putting himself between Prime and Megs at the last second to save Prime from a killing shot, thus taking the hit and falling, Prime could have continued to trash Megs. Then a scene would have followed where Prime cradles his fallen mentor while Sentinel THEN makes the apology speech as he dies in Prime's arm (singular), with Prime saying something noble, sad, and forgiving to send him on his way to the matrix. This, to me, would have made more sense and would have still accomplished all the intended goals, but in a much more faithful to the character manner.


I just don't see how that could've worked. The rage, the anger, the hatred that Sentinel felt...it doesn't just switch off at the drop of a hat. It would've been cliched and fallen flat with audiences and critics. I know why you like the scenario, and if the film had been handled differently, it could've worked, but the ending we have is the one that really works.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9497
News Credits: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Stop making Transformers movie sequels petition

Postby Cobalt Prime » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:02 am

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
I don't know. I didn't really get a rage and hatred vibe from Sentinel. It seemed more of an obsessive willingness to do anything to save Cybertron kind of thing. Anything.

He definitely despised Megs, but seemed genuinely regretful to have to fight against Optimus.

That's just the impression I got, and why I thought that the alternate ending could have worked. Maybe I'm way off on that... :-?
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Stop making Transformers movie sequels petition

Postby TulioDude » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Cobalt Prime wrote:I don't know. I didn't really get a rage and hatred vibe from Sentinel. It seemed more of an obsessive willingness to do anything to save Cybertron kind of thing. Anything.

He definitely despised Megs, but seemed genuinely regretful to have to fight against Optimus.

That's just the impression I got, and why I thought that the alternate ending could have worked. Maybe I'm way off on that... :-?

:-?
Sentinel Prime wrote:You never had to make the hard decisions!OUR PLANET...WILL...SURVIVE!

>:oP

To me,it looked like Sentinel didn't care who he did have to fight to win.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1471
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Stop making Transformers movie sequels petition

Postby BeastProwl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
He did spare Optimus, and then he warned him. He also let the Decepticons blow up their ship. Oh, and he ripped off his arm, lets not forget, oh, and he offed Ironhide, and the twins (well, he was supposed to)

Optimus sparing him at this point WOULD seem a bit odd, don't you think? I mean, cleaving Megatron seemed strange, only because of Megatron's position, they could have captured him, but Sentinel? I fear his death was inevitable.
Image

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6412
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Stop making Transformers movie sequels petition

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:38 pm

BeastProwl wrote:He did spare Optimus, and then he warned him. He also let the Decepticons blow up their ship. Oh, and he ripped off his arm, lets not forget, oh, and he offed Ironhide, and the twins (well, he was supposed to)

Optimus sparing him at this point WOULD seem a bit odd, don't you think? I mean, cleaving Megatron seemed strange, only because of Megatron's position, they could have captured him, but Sentinel? I fear his death was inevitable.


After three attempts at planetary level genocide of the human race with at least one attempt being the destruction of the entire Sol System I think trying to take him alive would have been inappropriate. With all Megatron and Sentinel did killing them was the best and only solution.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW Transformers Japan PVC Figure Slug Takara Tomy JP Limited Rare Japanese HTF - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 6 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers 2016 Year Of The Monkey Platinum Edition Optimus Primal - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 9 minutes 58 seconds
threeA Japan Transformers Dark of the Moon MEGATRON Action Robot Figure Doll - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 14 minutes 55 seconds
NEW Transformers Japan PVC Figure Hound Takara Tomy JP Limited Rare Japanese HTF - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 18 minutes 14 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG EX Deadlock MISB new sealed drift lgex - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 30 minutes 38 seconds
GI Joe Transformers Starscream Sky Striker Cobra Commander SDCC 2011 MISB sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 30 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime MISB New Sealed movie dotm aoe hftd - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 30 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations Voyager Class Sandstorm MISB New Sealed IDW 30th - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 30 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test