The Hatchlings?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: The Hatchlings?

Postby RhA » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:10 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
cotss2012 wrote:Canon answer: the "pets" in DotM were NOT the hatchlings seen in RotF. They were probably just mutated cell phones and iPods or whatever.

Actual answer: Bay was making **** up as he went along and didn't care whether it made sense or not.


Wow. You're still posting here.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5431
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: The Hatchlings?

Postby KingEmperor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:12 am

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:
cotss2012 wrote:Canon answer: the "pets" in DotM were NOT the hatchlings seen in RotF. They were probably just mutated cell phones and iPods or whatever.

Actual answer: Bay was making **** up as he went along and didn't care whether it made sense or not.


Actual Answer: "Without energon, the hatchlings will keep dyeing." - Starscream

Megs and the Fallen sure didn't bring home the bacon with that energon, did they? Try to at least act like you payed attention before levying criticism or just keep quiet.

THIS.
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:33 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: The Hatchlings?

Postby Zombie Starscream » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:36 am

Motto: "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I think they're Megatron's children. Only question is: who's the mom? :shock: Probably that Igor robot...


Megatron/Starscream OTP?

I really hope I'm the only person here who gets that joke.


I...think I get it. I don't know what OTP means though.


http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ruePairing

I feel dirty for knowing about this. :-(


But how could either Megatron or Starscream "birth" hatchlings?


I'm making a jab at people who make odd character relationship pairings, usually female fans.
I wouldn't know myself, as I often don't last to the point where mech!pregnancy is described in a slash fanfic. I'm pretty much squicked out by then.

I don't see a way that they have openings 'big' enough to push out eggs, so I'd be surprised if either of them did do so. Maybe parts of them expand like it does in human females?
I AM THAT WIERD FANGIRL YOU'VE HEARD OF.
Zombie Starscream
Godmaster
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Kennett Square Pa
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: The Hatchlings?

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 am

Zombie Starscream wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I think they're Megatron's children. Only question is: who's the mom? :shock: Probably that Igor robot...


Megatron/Starscream OTP?

I really hope I'm the only person here who gets that joke.


I...think I get it. I don't know what OTP means though.


http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ruePairing

I feel dirty for knowing about this. :-(


But how could either Megatron or Starscream "birth" hatchlings?


I'm making a jab at people who make odd character relationship pairings, usually female fans.
I wouldn't know myself, as I often don't last to the point where mech!pregnancy is described in a slash fanfic. I'm pretty much squicked out by then.

I don't see a way that they have openings 'big' enough to push out eggs, so I'd be surprised if either of them did do so. Maybe parts of them expand like it does in human females?


Considering the films are so far the only Transformers media to show anything close to how they reproduce that I'm aware of (correct me if I'm wrong on that) I imagine it might be something similar to cloning with energon being used to ignite the offspring's spark. Remember these are "autonomous robotic organisms," emphasis on the word organism. Aside from being made of machinery they are completely alive. Heck multiple series have shown Cybertronians having two genders and those two sides showing attraction.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: The Hatchlings?

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Capt.Failure wrote:
Zombie Starscream wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I think they're Megatron's children. Only question is: who's the mom? :shock: Probably that Igor robot...


Megatron/Starscream OTP?

I really hope I'm the only person here who gets that joke.


I...think I get it. I don't know what OTP means though.


http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ruePairing

I feel dirty for knowing about this. :-(


But how could either Megatron or Starscream "birth" hatchlings?


I'm making a jab at people who make odd character relationship pairings, usually female fans.
I wouldn't know myself, as I often don't last to the point where mech!pregnancy is described in a slash fanfic. I'm pretty much squicked out by then.

I don't see a way that they have openings 'big' enough to push out eggs, so I'd be surprised if either of them did do so. Maybe parts of them expand like it does in human females?


Considering the films are so far the only Transformers media to show anything close to how they reproduce that I'm aware of (correct me if I'm wrong on that) I imagine it might be something similar to cloning with energon being used to ignite the offspring's spark. Remember these are "autonomous robotic organisms," emphasis on the word organism. Aside from being made of machinery they are completely alive. Heck multiple series have shown Cybertronians having two genders and those two sides showing attraction.


Animated did that too, with the protoforms and whatnot.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4669
News Credits: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: The Hatchlings?

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
OK! Interrupting this odd conversation!
I honestly think they were just troops. I mean, maybe that's what those generic decepticon soldiers look like when they are first created?
Image

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6409
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: The Hatchlings?

Postby Capt.Failure » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm

BeastProwl wrote:OK! Interrupting this odd conversation!
I honestly think they were just troops. I mean, maybe that's what those generic decepticon soldiers look like when they are first created?


Don't see why it's odd. Honestly I rarely see discussions like this. How do Transformers reproduce? Are they livings things like us even though they're made of metal? Do they have souls?

Yeah I know, sometimes I think too much. Happens when I'm low on caffiene. >:oP
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Items Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #166 - Toy Fair 2017
Twincast / Podcast #166:
"Toy Fair 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, February 21st, 2017
Website Security Test