The Pokémon Discussion Thread

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Hellscream9999 wrote:Pearl and diamond sucked and outside of a few great pokemon offered nothing worth revisitng.


Hence why the remakes should be based off of Platinum, since that was specifically designed to undo a lot of the problems Diamond and Pearl had, especially in regards to the undersized Pokedex.

And Cynthia is worth revisiting...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29007
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Shadowman wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Pearl and diamond sucked and outside of a few great pokemon offered nothing worth revisitng.


Hence why the remakes should be based off of Platinum, since that was specifically designed to undo a lot of the problems Diamond and Pearl had, especially in regards to the undersized Pokedex.

And Cynthia is worth revisiting...

True, haven't played it, but have heard great things about it, unfortunately, you can't undo the shite pokemon they made for that gen - and there are oh so many of them.

If they increased the BST's by a significant amount, then I'd be totally open to that, I loved a lot of those pokemon aesthetically, but, man, they're stats are just rancid trash :SICK:
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6740
News Credits: 87
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:39 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Just gonna leave this here, one of my favorite things from Sun and Moon (an admittedly short list)

Image

For being a dancing palm tree/bundle of nerves he seems to have so much personality :x


On another note, been trying to get deep in the battle tree (super doubles) and Celesteela is an absolute beast, he's so good with a leech seed/toxic stall set; pair him with eviolite clefairy so he can get double seeds up and he doesn't go anywhere, helps that his typing is so tremendous. Gonna try and work aurora veil ninetales + z-electric terrain xurkitree into the team since clefairy and mega slowbro weren't carrying their weight by the 36th battle :(
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6740
News Credits: 87
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Munkky » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I managed to get hold of Ultra Sun today, I've cleared the Trainer School and my team is Litten (Shere Khan), Magnemite (Polaris) and a temporary Yungoos (Mr President). So far I don't like how it's essentially just Sun and Moon again with a couple of new characters and scenes every so often, I would have preferred a proper sequel like Black and White 2. However I am looking forward to the post-game where you fight all of the past generation's villains.
Munkky
Vehicon
Posts: 315
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Stealth Claw » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Motto: ""I will defend the universe from the tyranny of the decepticons, and the autobot elite guard, and for the honor of the VDMA Brotherhood.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Just found this forum today, lol. Dose anyone recommend the new Pokémon games? The last poke game I played was X and I want to get into a new Pokemon game, and was thinking of going for ultra sun or moon since I have a card code for ash's Pikachu (great new movie by the way). Also how hard is it to transfer pokes from X to the new games? I need to start my advancer with a charmander and a Mew. (I've been trading online since diamond & pearl for mews and have at least 6 lv 10 - 20)
User avatar
Stealth Claw
Minibot
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:56 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Watch Stealth Claw on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertroian Stealth Jet
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: Infinity

Re: The Pokémon Discussion Thread

Postby Munkky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Stealth Claw wrote:Just found this forum today, lol. Dose anyone recommend the new Pokémon games? The last poke game I played was X and I want to get into a new Pokemon game, and was thinking of going for ultra sun or moon since I have a card code for ash's Pikachu (great new movie by the way). Also how hard is it to transfer pokes from X to the new games? I need to start my advancer with a charmander and a Mew. (I've been trading online since diamond & pearl for mews and have at least 6 lv 10 - 20)


I'd say definitely pick up a Generation 7 game, it doesn't really matter which one because they're all more or less the same experience, though Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon has a different ending from what I can tell. But yeah, the original Sun and Moon are fantastic, much better than X and Y in my opinion.
To transfer Pokemon from Generation 6, you need to download a separate app for your 3DS, PokeBank, but once you have that it's fairly straightforward, you just put your Generation 6 Pokemon in the PokeBank, then put a Generation 7 cartridge into your 3DS and transfer your Pokemon into that. The app isn't free, but it's not expensive either.
Munkky
Vehicon
Posts: 315
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Previous

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy
Twincast / Podcast #201:
"Sweet Boy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon