Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:16 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:If I had a choice between the two, I'd take the cw one every time. The original is a dumb lump and I wouldn't get it even if it was free =;

Haha, now thats a bold stance. Though I am curious of something, do you own G1 skylynx? I am now wondering if those who say the CW one is a better toy actually own both.
And I dont get the lump part, they have the same proportions and a similar articulation (I think the G1 version might have more due to the tail). The only part that kinda sucks about the G1 version is how the sauropod neck starts earlier than the rest of the body.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 18468
News Credits: 643
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:20 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:If I had a choice between the two, I'd take the cw one every time. The original is a dumb lump and I wouldn't get it even if it was free =;

Haha, now thats a bold stance. Though I am curious of something, do you own G1 skylynx? I am now wondering if those who say the CW one is a better toy actually own both.
And I dont get the lump part, they have the same proportions and a similar articulation (I think the G1 version might have more due to the tail). The only part that kinda sucks about the G1 version is how the sauropod neck starts earlier than the rest of the body.

No, nor have I ever wanted one. It never appealed to me. The cw one though, is so much sleeker and poseable, it really helps sell itself a dragon, but I really like the torso mode - that's what I cared about most. As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
News Staff
Posts: 6445
News Credits: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:30 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 18468
News Credits: 643
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:32 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
News Staff
Posts: 6445
News Credits: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:34 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?

Yeah, they are all segmented since that is needed for the walking gimick. He really doesnt feel like other G1 toys when it comes to articulation (since he isnt a Takara toy from that era, and comes from another toyline).

You can see in the pic below how the person posed the legs on the lynx to show that he is in motion (they are not in the same orientation):

Image

He has more transformation steps too, an integrated tail, and a cool shuttle hatch for exposed tech detail.

Image
Transformers Encore Sky Lynx Gallery

Plus, he is solid all around and not hollowed out at the wings. Slykynx is one of the best G1 toys around and probably the one that holds up best. One of the best purchases I ever made in my collection. Lots fo value with that toy.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 18468
News Credits: 643
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Black Hat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 am

Motto: "I AM THE LAW"
Weapon: High-Voltage Electric Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?

Yeah, they are all segmented since that is needed for the walking gimick. He really doesnt feel like other G1 toys when it comes to articulation (since he isnt a Takara toy from that era, and comes from another toyline).

You can see in the pic below how the person posed the legs on the lynx to show that he is in motion (they are not in the same orientation):

Image

He has more transformation steps too, an integrated tail, and a cool shuttle hatch for exposed tech detail.

Image
Transformers Encore Sky Lynx Gallery

Plus, he is solid all around and not hollowed out at the wings. Slykynx is one of the best G1 toys around and probably the one that holds up best. One of the best purchases I ever made in my collection. Lots fo value with that toy.

Are the legs "fully" poseable or does the walking gimmick limit them at all? He looks like a seriously cool toy.
I will never stop changing my profile. Never!
william-james88 wrote:Also, I would love to watch a show about Hasbro designers revealing brand new products to cute asian women.

Formerly known as Delta Magnus.
User avatar
Black Hat
City Commander
Posts: 3595
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Police Tank
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
G1 Megatron (first TF I had since 84!) isn't very good (it broke in early 85...), MP must really be terribad.

G1 Jetfire would be on my list. Not that either CHUG is bad, but the original is just so frickin sweet.
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Posts: 1634
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Optimum Supreme wrote:G1 Megatron (first TF I had since 84!) isn't very good (it broke in early 85...), MP must really be terribad.

Oh, rest assured, it is.

I found an old thread on the site that talks about it

why-is-masterpiece-megatron-so-worthless-t90768s10.php#p1439045
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 18468
News Credits: 643
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:16 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Optimum Supreme wrote:G1 Jetfire would be on my list. Not that either CHUG is bad, but the original is just so frickin sweet.


It IS a Macross figure afterall.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6221
News Credits: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Top 5 Transformers Toys which are better than their Update

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:04 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:As for being a lump, I meant that towards the originals (apparent) lack of articulation, something I dislike greatly in my tf figures

They have similar articulation. CW doesnt even have an articulated tail.

So the lynx legs are poseable huh? never actually seen that before :-?

Yeah, they are all segmented since that is needed for the walking gimick. He really doesnt feel like other G1 toys when it comes to articulation (since he isnt a Takara toy from that era, and comes from another toyline).

You can see in the pic below how the person posed the legs on the lynx to show that he is in motion (they are not in the same orientation):

Image

He has more transformation steps too, an integrated tail, and a cool shuttle hatch for exposed tech detail.

Image
Transformers Encore Sky Lynx Gallery

Plus, he is solid all around and not hollowed out at the wings. Slykynx is one of the best G1 toys around and probably the one that holds up best. One of the best purchases I ever made in my collection. Lots fo value with that toy.



THIS.

It's simply, without question, light years in front of the recent version. That's not because I'm a G1 (toy) fanatic, rather it's because there hasn't been a certain to improve upon the features and engineering of the original. Classics OP was a step up from the G1 toy; it had better articulation, you couldn't Lise the fists and I think it was bigger. Possibly, one criticism was that it didn't come with his trailer and Roller, but apart from that, it was an almost universally accepted update to OP.

CW Skylynx, arguably like some of the recent Titans Return figures, adds extra features, but removes the original ones. This isn't an "update" for me, as it has less for me than the original. However, Skylinx sinks further due to the lack of articulation and the floppy, unsupportive limbs.

There can be no doubt that the original is simply the best official version out now. However, I really hope an updated version comes out that does improve upon the original.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Fuzor
Posts: 258
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

DHL TAKARA TRANSFORMERS 2015 TOKYO EXCLUSIVE ROTF LEADER NIGHTMARE MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 35 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers legends LG40 ASTROTRAIN Takara Tomy - Time Remaining: 15 days 18 hours 53 minutes 2 seconds
ANGRY BIRDS TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE BIRD BATTLE GAME NEW TOY - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 55 minutes 19 seconds
GI Joe Cobra SDCC 2012 Transformers Crossover Decepticon Shockwave HISS Tank - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 19 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD shoulder rocket cone powermaster - Time Remaining: 14 days 9 hours 22 minutes 59 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Beast hunters Voyager class Optimus Prime 100% complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 28 minutes 17 seconds
New Transformers Generation Toy GT-4 J4ZZ MP Jazz Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 32 minutes 49 seconds
TFSS LIFELINE & QUICKSLINGER Transformers Subscription Collectors Club BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 55 minutes 49 seconds
Website Security Test