Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:Good the game was terrible and ran like crap, every update just made it crash more often. Its time to make a real Tf game for mobile devices, stop re-skinning these half assed pay to win garbage games and make a real game. Or just bring back G1 awakening, still pissed i cant get it back on my phone. But on another note is DeNA going under or something cause it seems like all their games have been closing down, marvel war of heros announced the other day its shutting down now this one today. Not to mention all the others that have shut down in the past year.


If you have android, you can sideload G1 awakening but the screen isn't optimised for newer phones with larger screens, meaning that the game displays in a corner of the screen.

Glu, its creator, moved away from premium games, like most other companies, because freemium is more lucrative. Hasbro favours then freemium because it'sa free advert for their products. Personally, they should do what Lego does and release full, free games, with no iaps. They really strengthen the brand. Hasbro should also release icon packs, live wallpapers etc and other apps, not just games. Google play has hardly any transformers games or apps in Japan, for example.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Fuzor
Posts: 235
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics coming to an End

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Kyleor wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Kyleor wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Seibertronians, Thanks to fellow member ScottyP and the DENA forums, we have confirmation that Transformers: Battle Tactics is closing down. The announcement came this morning. Here is the schedule for the shut down:

2/25: That's today. The game will receive no further updates, and all updates that have been in the works are officially cancelled. Support, forums, and the Fan Page will remain open. There will be no events at this time until the Grand Finale.

3/4: The preview of the Grand Finale event will be posted to the forums.

3/10: TRANSFORMERS: Battle Tactics will be removed from the App Store, All options to purchase gold and Energon will be disabled, and the TFBT forums will also be closed.

3/11: The Grand Finale event will begin.

5/12: The Grand Finale event will end, the servers will be turned off, support will be closed, and Transformers: Battle Tactics will be no more .


How do you feel about the game closing down? Will the game be missed? Let us know your opinion in the comments section and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest transformers news and galleries.



GOOD!

DeNA's pay to win garbage re-skin of their tank game needed to be killed by Hasbro MONTHS ago. Death to all pay to win games from DeNA. Maybe Apple/Google will give refunds to people who bought in-game stuff.

Now G1: Awakening needs to be brought back and Earth Wars needs to come out of Beta.


You DO know that "Earth Wars" is yet another "pay to win" freemium game, and basically a reskinned version of "Clash of Clans" (itself a clone of other games), right?

If you look at all of the pay to win TF games, such as the card games, this one and Earth Force, it seems that Hasbo pulls the plug on these games in time for the launch of another version of the same game, or a new game.

This isn't the failure of these types of apps, it's the supposed success of them that allows them to be quickly created, unleashed, left to incubate cash, then assimilated back into the collective before a new style is adapated to the market. Heck, it even requires drones to "play" these cruddy offerings and/or a drone-like mentality to "play" them (i.e., not really thinking too much while playing them or care enough to really be invested in them).



I'm currently playing Earth Wars, it's not hitting a pay to win level like TFBT did almost immediatly. Earth Wars also does require some strategy when laying out your base, and when which picking units with which abilities to take into a battle.


It's not the when, but the fact that it WILL hit a paywall. I played Asphalt 8 for quite some time before the pay to win shenanigans kicked in. Then, I simply uninstalled it and was happy. Turned out that Shamesoft then gimped online play, as players simply played online multiplayer instead of the grind-fest of the single player game. So, shamesoft made online a grinding season, too.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Fuzor
Posts: 235
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics coming to an End

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Kyleor wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Kyleor wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Seibertronians, Thanks to fellow member ScottyP and the DENA forums, we have confirmation that Transformers: Battle Tactics is closing down. The announcement came this morning. Here is the schedule for the shut down:

2/25: That's today. The game will receive no further updates, and all updates that have been in the works are officially cancelled. Support, forums, and the Fan Page will remain open. There will be no events at this time until the Grand Finale.

3/4: The preview of the Grand Finale event will be posted to the forums.

3/10: TRANSFORMERS: Battle Tactics will be removed from the App Store, All options to purchase gold and Energon will be disabled, and the TFBT forums will also be closed.

3/11: The Grand Finale event will begin.

5/12: The Grand Finale event will end, the servers will be turned off, support will be closed, and Transformers: Battle Tactics will be no more .


How do you feel about the game closing down? Will the game be missed? Let us know your opinion in the comments section and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest transformers news and galleries.



GOOD!

DeNA's pay to win garbage re-skin of their tank game needed to be killed by Hasbro MONTHS ago. Death to all pay to win games from DeNA. Maybe Apple/Google will give refunds to people who bought in-game stuff.

Now G1: Awakening needs to be brought back and Earth Wars needs to come out of Beta.


You DO know that "Earth Wars" is yet another "pay to win" freemium game, and basically a reskinned version of "Clash of Clans" (itself a clone of other games), right?

If you look at all of the pay to win TF games, such as the card games, this one and Earth Force, it seems that Hasbo pulls the plug on these games in time for the launch of another version of the same game, or a new game.

This isn't the failure of these types of apps, it's the supposed success of them that allows them to be quickly created, unleashed, left to incubate cash, then assimilated back into the collective before a new style is adapated to the market. Heck, it even requires drones to "play" these cruddy offerings and/or a drone-like mentality to "play" them (i.e., not really thinking too much while playing them or care enough to really be invested in them).



I'm currently playing Earth Wars, it's not hitting a pay to win level like TFBT did almost immediatly. Earth Wars also does require some strategy when laying out your base, and when which picking units with which abilities to take into a battle.


I wrote a much better reply than the one below, but as Seibertron's ween design is so old and crap, it crashed my browser.

Basically, pay to win is still bad, even if you wait days to see it. It's like finding a cockroach crawling on your food, or finding a dead one right at the bottom of your meal, under the lettuce... It's still a cockroach.
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Fuzor
Posts: 235
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

Postby DeathReviews » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Ha ha! Another game falls to my reaping sickle!
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
User avatar
DeathReviews
Fuzor
Posts: 243
News Credits: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:45 am
Location: Everywhere
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics coming to an End

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Will the game be missed?

Is that a serious question? Have you actually read this thread? Nobody actually likes this money pit. :P

DeathReviews wrote:Ha ha! Another game falls to my reaping sickle!

Thank you, Death. Can you take the studios that make Pay-To-Win games as well? And influence whoever is in charge of making NOT pay-to-win games?
Last edited by King Kuuga on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
King Kuuga
Gestalt
Posts: 2466
News Credits: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch King Kuuga on YouTube
Buy from King Kuuga on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics coming to an End

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
That Bot wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Will the game be missed?

Is that a serious question? Have you actually read this thread? Nobody actually likes this money pit. :P

I actually didn't read the thread. I only posted the news! :lol: :lol:

I don't do much gaming, so I never pay attention to this much. :MAXIMAL:
Come on down to the D-Max Den!!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Burn wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Burn wrote:I really want a Gnaw...
On what?
Your brains!
*promptly starves* :-P
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 9196
News Credits: 191
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: SonicSlash+Mach 6 Fusion Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics coming to an End

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
That Bot wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Will the game be missed?

Is that a serious question? Have you actually read this thread? Nobody actually likes this money pit. :P

I actually didn't read the thread. I only posted the news! :lol: :lol:

I don't do much gaming, so I never pay attention to this much. :MAXIMAL:

I've noticed that every time I see a news member pimping the latest money pit pay-to-win mobile TF game.:P
User avatar
King Kuuga
Gestalt
Posts: 2466
News Credits: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch King Kuuga on YouTube
Buy from King Kuuga on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Unfortunately, the market has spoken, and freemium has become the dominant model for mobile gaming, with touch controls the dominant control method. However, some freemium games are not pay to win, and not all IAP's are eBook (some are akin to DLC or unlock codes for the full version, for example). There are also plenty of premium mobile games, and many of them support hardware controls on ios and android. Some premium games though, clips be seen as money grabbing as pay to win, such as most of Square Enix's mobile offerings, which are ports of (GBA/DS) versions of older games, which SE charges around our just over 15 dollars for.

If you want a cool, premium strategy game for mobile, featuring transforming mecha, check this out:

- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_PqcjaUa8

It's our for android, ios, pc and ps4, i think?
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Fuzor
Posts: 235
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

Postby Burn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:42 pm

I've played CSR Racing for over three years. I have every car, some of which are "Pro" (which just gives you fancy decals). I've made dropped $50 on it? I've never felt the need though to drop huge amounts of cash just to get somewhere. Their multi player tournaments run for two weeks, top 3% win the car, top 1% win the Pro version. I've only missed out on a top 3% finish ONCE in all the time I've been playing, and I've NEVER dropped money in that area of the game to get there. The best part is, I only have to play for about 10 mins a couple of times each day.

Then I look at TF:Legends. Not only did you have to drop a large lot of money each tournament, you had to invest a ridiculous amount of time, just to get a card that became redundant within a few tournaments.

So when it was announced Battle Tactics was coming out and who was making it, I didn't even waste my time. I will NEVER touch another game from DeNA.

Earth Wars? Yeah, you don't need to drop money into that. You can if you want to, but it'll give you very little advantage in the greater scheme of things. That game is all about grinding.
Image
Cobotron wrote:I'm drunk as **** right now!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 43612
News Credits: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:10 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
primalxconvoy wrote:Unfortunately, the market has spoken, and freemium has become the dominant model for mobile gaming, with touch controls the dominant control method. However, some freemium games are not pay to win, and not all IAP's are eBook (some are akin to DLC or unlock codes for the full version, for example). There are also plenty of premium mobile games, and many of them support hardware controls on ios and android. Some premium games though, clips be seen as money grabbing as pay to win, such as most of Square Enix's mobile offerings, which are ports of (GBA/DS) versions of older games, which SE charges around our just over 15 dollars for.

If you want a cool, premium strategy game for mobile, featuring transforming mecha, check this out:

- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_PqcjaUa8

It's our for android, ios, pc and ps4, i think?

I admit to getting most of my mobile games from Humble Bundles, and I'm stingy about buying games from the marketplace, but if word spreads about a solid game with an entry fee, I'd look into it. There have to be SOME on the market.

Also, mad props for promoting Anomaly. I love those games.

Burn wrote:Then I look at TF:Legends. Not only did you have to drop a large lot of money each tournament, you had to invest a ridiculous amount of time, just to get a card that became redundant within a few tournaments.

So much this. The power creep in that game (AND Battle Tactics) was absurd.
User avatar
King Kuuga
Gestalt
Posts: 2466
News Credits: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm
Watch King Kuuga on YouTube
Buy from King Kuuga on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:20 am

I would've liked the game more if the matchmaker made the games more balanced. It was frustrating always losing to another team that was way more powerful than mine. So good riddance.
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Fuzor
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Re: Transformers: Battle Tactics Mobile Game from DeNA

Postby Maximal Rainmaker » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:36 am

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
I will actually miss the game, sure it was pay 2 win but it was so nostalgic and awesome.

You can't just look at the negatives. :-(
Want List: Generations Springer, Arcee, Sandstorm and Warpath, Classics Onslaught, MP-10 Optimus Prime, MP-13 Soundwave, Armada of Cyclonus Platinum Set, RotF Skystalker, CW G2 Menasor, Platinum Edition Unicron and Autobot Heroes Platinum Set

Put a space shuttle in a military team and nobody bats an eye, put a helicopter in a jet team and everyone goes insane
User avatar
Maximal Rainmaker
Headmaster
Posts: 1104
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:39 am
Location: Were your eyes can't go
Watch Maximal Rainmaker on YouTube
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Previous

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TransFormers TFCC 2003 BotCon Exclusive Universe G1 SideSwipe RID Lambo MIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 59 minutes 20 seconds
100% AUTHENTIC TRANSFORMERS PLANET OF JUNK CLASH HOT ROD WRECK-GAR SCRAPHEAP USA - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 59 minutes 1 second
Transformers AOE Platinum Edition BREAKOUT BATTLE Vehicon + Rollbar + Optimus - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 41 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Micron Legend Magma Convoy Ultra Magnus Armada Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 41 minutes 53 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 4 laminated POSTER "LICENSED" OPTIMUS PRIME" AGE OF EXTINCTION - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 42 minutes 15 seconds
Loyal Subjects Transformers Megatron Chrome Chase Variant Series 1 New Rare VHTF - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 45 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Robots In Disguise RID Warrior Class *SCATTERSPIKE* - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 45 minutes 44 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-30 Weird Wolf Head Master Action Figure Toy - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #166 - Toy Fair 2017
Twincast / Podcast #166:
"Toy Fair 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, February 21st, 2017
Website Security Test