MINDVVIPE wrote: RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Got it all on DVD, but still great news.
I find g1 holds up a lot better than it should, actually. In some ways, better than the new stuff.
Not challenging you whatsoever, but can you tell us why? I just like hearing about the cool elements of G1 that are often shrouded by the whacked out stuff.
And you're right, theres a lot of neat stuff in G1 that is executed surprisingly well.
I'm hgeading to bed in a few minutes, I'll do this briefly and in more detail tomorrow, but...
1. Although we do see humans rescued, there's a lot of scenes where there's no way in hell
humans didn't die en masse.
2. Continuity, especially in season one, is a lot tighter than the stereotype.
3. The human/Autobot interaction is so much
better than in almost any other series.
4. Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Chip and Marissa are some of the best humans in the franchise, IMHO. They're useful outside of 'human perspective into the series'.
5. There are times where the Great War and its impact upon their race and culture is just plain sad
, and truly given gravitas.