Transformers Masterpiece MP-15/16-E Cassettebot Vs Cassettetron TakaraTomyMall Exclusive

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set Teased

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:16 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has shared with us a new listing from over on at TakaraTomyMall, featuring silhouettes for what are unmistakably Transformers Masterpiece cassettes, with the shapes of Rumble/Frenzy, Ravage/Stripes, Ratbat, and Steeljaw teasing a new exclusive for the online retailer, with some particularly sought after molds! Check it out here, and the images below, and let us know what you make of the 90 USD set, featuring Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing amd Enemy in the discussion!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15929
News Credits: 190
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Big Grim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:19 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Whoa, wait! More Cassettecons? GIMME!
Big Grim
Faction Commander
Posts: 4703
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:00 am
Location: Darkest Scotland

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Qwan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:36 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Now correct me if I'm wrong but... we haven't seen that Steeljaw-body-type mold before have we? Notably it's the only 'silhouette' here with visible details. Plus it looks like there's some kind of (at least slight) retooling on the Ravage-type mold, giving him what looks like some 'wings' on his rockets? Interesting... :-? I look forward to seeing what they end up being for certain.
Image

Va'al wrote:
Kurona wrote:I can't believe Ironhide was the Bayverse seeker all along.

The real Bayverse is the friends we made along the way. And then blew up.

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
User avatar
Qwan
News Staff
Posts: 696
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:11 pm
Location: The side where the grass is greener
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Qwan wrote:Now correct me if I'm wrong but... we haven't seen that Steeljaw-body-type mold before have we? Notably it's the only 'silhouette' here with visible details. Plus it looks like there's some kind of (at least slight) retooling on the Ravage-type mold, giving him what looks like some 'wings' on his rockets? Interesting... :-? I look forward to seeing what they end up being for certain.


The retooling of Ravage is for Stripes. When they were released with Twincast, Stripes was given G1 Steeljaw's weapons in a different color, and Nightstalker (Steeljaw recolor) was given G1 Ravage's weapons. Essentially, the weapons just switched molds to make them different beyond just the recoloring.
User avatar
Bounti76
News Staff
Posts: 866
News Credits: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Utah
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Qwan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:40 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Bounti76 wrote:
Qwan wrote:Now correct me if I'm wrong but... we haven't seen that Steeljaw-body-type mold before have we? Notably it's the only 'silhouette' here with visible details. Plus it looks like there's some kind of (at least slight) retooling on the Ravage-type mold, giving him what looks like some 'wings' on his rockets? Interesting... :-? I look forward to seeing what they end up being for certain.


The retooling of Ravage is for Stripes. When they were released with Twincast, Stripes was given G1 Steeljaw's weapons in a different color, and Nightstalker (Steeljaw recolor) was given G1 Ravage's weapons. Essentially, the weapons just switched molds to make them different beyond just the recoloring.

Ahhh, of course. Thanks! ;)^ I'm still very interested to see what the exact differences end up looking like, then - IIRC, one of the main complaints about MP Ravage (beside the panels on the forelegs) was that his rockets were too dinky and weak looking. It looks like these'll be a bit bigger due to what seems to be a bit of panel expansion, so that might actually be one fairly-common issue with the mold solved!
Image

Va'al wrote:
Kurona wrote:I can't believe Ironhide was the Bayverse seeker all along.

The real Bayverse is the friends we made along the way. And then blew up.

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
User avatar
Qwan
News Staff
Posts: 696
News Credits: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:11 pm
Location: The side where the grass is greener
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Kurona » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:45 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
FINALLY, more Cassettes! :D

Unfortunately no Howlback yet but I'm holding out for her! Man am I tempted by Wingthing though...
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Rated X » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
As soon as the preorders come up im getting these.
When you're a Prime, fembots let you do anything...grab 'em by the mainframe...you can do anything !
User avatar
Rated X
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8238
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby steals_your_goats » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Well I guess this confirms the MP Blaster and Twincast. Very excited for these, I love the cassettes.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
Posts: 1397
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby MagicDeath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:22 am

Motto: "Oversight is the root of all failure."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
I'm guessing:

Enemy
Stripes
Nightstalker
Wingthing

Frenzy and Rumble have individual releases of their own, Steeljaw wouldn't fit the theme and will probably be released with Blaster, and while Wingthing would make more sense, I could see Ratbat getting released here as well.
MagicDeath
Fuzor
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Kurona » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:00 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MagicDeath wrote:I'm guessing:

Enemy
Stripes
Nightstalker
Wingthing

Frenzy and Rumble have individual releases of their own, Steeljaw wouldn't fit the theme and will probably be released with Blaster, and while Wingthing would make more sense, I could see Ratbat getting released here as well.

You're completely correct -- as the website states :)

Image
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby wilcosu35 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:25 am

If i'm getting this correct, these are based on toy-only appearances and are mostly redeoes/retools of molds that we've already gotten for soundwave?
'Met grijze worst, lekker warm, formaat afgeschoten kinderarm.
Wordt in Utrecht zeer terecht, al eeuwenlang het brood belegd'
wilcosu35
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:57 am

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby shajaki » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
I could not have called this one.
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8588
News Credits: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby steals_your_goats » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
I wonder what the designation for the set will be. MP-EX? Would this be there first exclusive masterpiece that isn't a direct redeco of a previous release?
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
Posts: 1397
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Kurona » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
wilcosu35 wrote:If i'm getting this correct, these are based on toy-only appearances and are mostly redeoes/retools of molds that we've already gotten for soundwave?

Enemy, Stripes and Wingthing are repaints of Rumble/Frenzy, Ravage and Ratbat respectively and are based on toy characters that rarely if ever pull in fictional appearances. Nightstalker on the other hand is a redeco of an as-of-yet unreleased Masterpiece Steeljaw - hence the first look we're getting at the mold - and is based on the Marvel US/UK character.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:01 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
wilcosu35 wrote:If i'm getting this correct, these are based on toy-only appearances and are mostly redeoes/retools of molds that we've already gotten for soundwave?
They are MP versions of the cassettes who came with the Encore reissues of Twincast and Soundblaster.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29107
News Credits: 230
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby wilcosu35 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 am

Kurona wrote:
wilcosu35 wrote:If i'm getting this correct, these are based on toy-only appearances and are mostly redeoes/retools of molds that we've already gotten for soundwave?

Enemy, Stripes and Wingthing are repaints of Rumble/Frenzy, Ravage and Ratbat respectively and are based on toy characters that rarely if ever pull in fictional appearances. Nightstalker on the other hand is a redeco of an as-of-yet unreleased Masterpiece Steeljaw - hence the first look we're getting at the mold - and is based on the Marvel US/UK character.


Nothing that i feel i should get, then. I will be eagerly awaiting Blaster and his minions, though.
'Met grijze worst, lekker warm, formaat afgeschoten kinderarm.
Wordt in Utrecht zeer terecht, al eeuwenlang het brood belegd'
wilcosu35
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:57 am

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby MagicDeath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:18 am

Motto: "Oversight is the root of all failure."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I'm guessing:

Enemy
Stripes
Nightstalker
Wingthing

Frenzy and Rumble have individual releases of their own, Steeljaw wouldn't fit the theme and will probably be released with Blaster, and while Wingthing would make more sense, I could see Ratbat getting released here as well.

You're completely correct -- as the website states :)

Image


Yet another lesson on the importance of reading the entire post. :lol:
Also: Dangit! I was kinda hoping to get a Ratbat for my Hasbro Soundwave
MagicDeath
Fuzor
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby shajaki » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:50 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Lotsa talking, and no images.

These are the fellas in question:

Image

Image
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8588
News Credits: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Big Grim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:15 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
shajaki wrote:Lotsa talking, and no images.

These are the fellas in question:

Image

Image

That would make me SUPER happy and I'd have them all. Then demand the Cobalt Sentries. :D
Big Grim
Faction Commander
Posts: 4703
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:00 am
Location: Darkest Scotland

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby shajaki » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Big Grim wrote:
shajaki wrote:Lotsa talking, and no images.
These are the fellas in question:
That would make me SUPER happy and I'd have them all. Then demand the Cobalt Sentries. :D
And these ones right?

Image

And these?

Image

And this one?

Image

And these?

Image

And these?

Image
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8588
News Credits: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
shajaki wrote:
Big Grim wrote:
shajaki wrote:Lotsa talking, and no images.
These are the fellas in question:
That would make me SUPER happy and I'd have them all. Then demand the Cobalt Sentries. :D
And these ones right?

Image

And these?

Image

And this one?

Image

And these?

Image

And these?

Image


We're still ignoring two of the most underrated cassettes out there. It's silly (to me) that we don't have Overkill and Slugfest already. Hell, Slugfest gets CONSISTENTLY shafted in general.

That being said, I'm glad we're getting more Audicons. The more of those, the better. Maybe they'll make the (also underrated) G1 version of Blockrock.
User avatar
DecepticonFinishline
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 538
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby steals_your_goats » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
shajaki wrote:
Big Grim wrote:
shajaki wrote:Lotsa talking, and no images.
These are the fellas in question:
That would make me SUPER happy and I'd have them all. Then demand the Cobalt Sentries. :D
And these ones right?

Image

And these?

Image

And this one?

Image

And these?

Image

And these?

Image

Yes please! All of the above and more! Especially the dinosaur combiners
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
Posts: 1397
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Kurona » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Ideally we should get all the Cassette redecos, but Howlback and SG Ravage Glit are the most important ones to me. I doubt we'll get the later-year cassetticons like Squawktalk unless they make them a redeco of Laserbeak though. At best the latest cassetticon we'll get would be Slugfest and Overkill since those are the last cassettes that appeared in the cartoon.

Or maybe they'll prove me wrong and bring out a Squawkbox which delivers on everything I could ever have wanted from them :x
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set

Postby Relic0037 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
I hope the release of new Masterpiece cassettes means we will be getting a Masterpiece Broadcast (Blaster) sometime in the near future.
User avatar
Relic0037
Fuzor
Posts: 223
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:15 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 34%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Legends Class Dinobot Slash" on AMAZON
You save: 33%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 28%
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 27%
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #192 - Transformers vs. Impropriety
Twincast / Podcast #192:
"Transformers vs. Impropriety"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon