Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And Starscream got two releases based on the same basic mold, yet got two numbers: MP-03 and MP-11.
The numbering logic restarted with MP-10. Remember the same mold was used for the same character with MP-1 and MP-4 as well. But since the MP-10 refresh, every new number has been a mass retail figure of either a new character, a new mold, or both; but never the same character with the same mold up until now.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27439
News Credits: 203
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And Starscream got two releases based on the same basic mold, yet got two numbers: MP-03 and MP-11.
The numbering logic restarted with MP-10. Remember the same mold was used for the same character with MP-1 and MP-4 as well. But since the MP-10 refresh, every new number has been a mass retail figure of either a new character, a new mold, or both; but never the same character with the same mold up until now.


I don't think character has much to do with it per se.

MP-38 isn't necessarily a straight re-release, depending on how one looks at it. Disregarding the character argument, it's the same basic mold, no retooling, but it's similar to MP-31 Delta Magnus in that he's got new accessories, yet got a new number. They could have just as easily re-released him straight, no alterations, as MP-32+ or something.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18617
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
There's no logic to the numbering. You can find something, sure, but I'm pretty sure it just comes down to the arbitrary whim of someone for no really good reason every time.

Anyhow, I think this looks really awesome. Great toy in a fun deco with a bunch of new accessories. Totally in for it and I hope they do the same thing for Cheetor!
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
City Commander
Posts: 3728
News Credits: 243
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And Starscream got two releases based on the same basic mold, yet got two numbers: MP-03 and MP-11.
The numbering logic restarted with MP-10. Remember the same mold was used for the same character with MP-1 and MP-4 as well. But since the MP-10 refresh, every new number has been a mass retail figure of either a new character, a new mold, or both; but never the same character with the same mold up until now.


I don't think character has much to do with it per se.

MP-38 isn't necessarily a straight re-release, depending on how one looks at it. Disregarding the character argument, it's the same basic mold, no retooling, but it's similar to MP-31 Delta Magnus in that he's got new accessories, yet got a new number. They could have just as easily re-released him straight, no alterations, as MP-32+ or something.
But Delta Magnus was a new character. He wasn't Ultra Magnus.

It's been like the following (new tooling/accessories or not) ever since MP-10 and MP-11:

MP-12 Lambor - new mold, new character
MP-13 Soundwave w/ Condor - new molds, new characters
MP-14 Alert - old mold, new character
MP-15 Rumble & Jaguar - new molds, new characters
MP-16 Frenzy & Buzzsaw - old molds, new characters
MP-17 Prowl - new mold, new character
MP-18 Streak - old mold, new character
MP-19 Smokescreen - old mold new character
MP-20 Wheeljack - new mold, new character
MP-21 Bumble - new mold, new character
MP-22 Ultra Magnus - new mold, new character
MP-23 Exhaust - old mold, new character
MP-24 Star Saber - new mold, new character
MP-25 Tracks - new mold, new character
MP-26 Road Rage - old mold, new character
MP-27 Ironhide - new mold, new character
MP-28 Hot Rodimus - new mold, new character (for this refresh era, and technically MP-9 was Rodimus Convoy, but regardless, it's a new mold anyway)
MP-29 Destron Laserwave - new mold, new character
MP-30 Ratchet - old mold, new character
MP-31 Delta Magnus - old mold, new character
MP-32 Convoy (Beast Wars) - new mold, new character
MP-33 Inferno - new mold, new character
MP-34 Cheetus - new mold, new character
MP-35 Grapple - old mold, new character
MP-36 Megatron - new mold, new character (again, for this refresh era, and it is a new mold anyway)
MP-37 Artfire w/ Nightstick - one old mold and one new mold, both new characters
MP-38 Convoy (Beast Wars) Legendary Supreme Commander Ver. - old mold, old character

This is the first main line mass retail MP to be an "old mold, old character" case, whereas all previous cases like this, for the refresh era, have instead been exclusives w/ lettered ID numbers. By all reason, this toy ought to be a lettered exclusive instead of a unique-numbered mass retail MP.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27439
News Credits: 203
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ScottyP wrote:There's no logic to the numbering. You can find something, sure, but I'm pretty sure it just comes down to the arbitrary whim of someone for no really good reason every time.



Just throwing this one back out there.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Enter.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 14190
News Credits: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby sol magnus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:There's no logic to the numbering. You can find something, sure, but I'm pretty sure it just comes down to the arbitrary whim of someone for no really good reason every time.



Just throwing this one back out there.

The problem there is Saberblade is actually right about the nature of the releases - Supreme Commander ver. is the only one breaking the "theme".

As for this figure, I was totally out on Beast Wars Masterpiece. This release, however, has me at least thinking about it.
sol magnus
Fuzor
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby SureShot18 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:Ooh that's super nice. Now I know I'm not getting this mold because I couldn't decide between the decos. :lol:

Oh the usual answer, not enough monies.
User avatar
SureShot18
Targetmaster
Posts: 623
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:13 pm
Location: Definitely NOT SW Pennsylvania;)
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
SureShot18 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:Ooh that's super nice. Now I know I'm not getting this mold because I couldn't decide between the decos. :lol:

Oh the usual answer, not enough monies.
With time and disciplined patience, one can aim to save up enough monies. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27439
News Credits: 203
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:29 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:There's no logic to the numbering. You can find something, sure, but I'm pretty sure it just comes down to the arbitrary whim of someone for no really good reason every time.



Just throwing this one back out there.


Ugh... fine. I was mainly looking at retools and new accessories, and taking "new characters" out of the equation. True, the cassettes were the exception by being straight redecos, no retooling whatsoever, but aside from that...

Let's move on, shall we?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18617
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Stumpybot » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:56 am

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I know its wrong to think this way, but I take serious glee in the fact that there is a particular set of militant 'compulsive' fans who only like a bit of G1, that will be going 7 types of crazy over the fact he has a number of his own. Karma I guess.

In all seriousness though, Im kind of sad about this as I cant justify a second purchase and I wouldve chosen the toy deco over the CGI model every time as I was never into the cartoon but loved the toy.
User avatar
Stumpybot
Minibot
Posts: 178
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sqqqquuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee! :lol:

Good one Takara :APPLAUSE:
Shadowman to quote

"Puberty is a hell of a drug......get out of my office!"


"Shelfwarming"
colloquial term for a toy or product that either fails to sell well or is over-produced, leaving residual quantities on store shelves for months or even years after its original release
User avatar
fenrir72
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9986
News Credits: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby SureShot18 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 am

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:Ooh that's super nice. Now I know I'm not getting this mold because I couldn't decide between the decos. :lol:

Oh the usual answer, not enough monies.
With time and disciplined patience, one can aim to save up enough monies. ;)

True.
User avatar
SureShot18
Targetmaster
Posts: 623
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:13 pm
Location: Definitely NOT SW Pennsylvania;)
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Emerje » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:It's been like the following (new tooling/accessories or not) ever since MP-10 and MP-11:

MP-12 Lambor - new mold, new character
MP-13 Soundwave w/ Condor - new molds, new characters
MP-14 Alert - old mold, new character
MP-15 Rumble & Jaguar - new molds, new characters
MP-16 Frenzy & Buzzsaw - old molds, new characters
MP-17 Prowl - new mold, new character
MP-18 Streak - old mold, new character
MP-19 Smokescreen - old mold new character
MP-20 Wheeljack - new mold, new character
MP-21 Bumble - new mold, new character
MP-22 Ultra Magnus - new mold, new character
MP-23 Exhaust - old mold, new character
MP-24 Star Saber - new mold, new character
MP-25 Tracks - new mold, new character
MP-26 Road Rage - old mold, new character
MP-27 Ironhide - new mold, new character
MP-28 Hot Rodimus - new mold, new character (for this refresh era, and technically MP-9 was Rodimus Convoy, but regardless, it's a new mold anyway)
MP-29 Destron Laserwave - new mold, new character
MP-30 Ratchet - old mold, new character
MP-31 Delta Magnus - old mold, new character
MP-32 Convoy (Beast Wars) - new mold, new character
MP-33 Inferno - new mold, new character
MP-34 Cheetus - new mold, new character
MP-35 Grapple - old mold, new character
MP-36 Megatron - new mold, new character (again, for this refresh era, and it is a new mold anyway)
MP-37 Artfire w/ Nightstick - one old mold and one new mold, both new characters
MP-38 Convoy (Beast Wars) Legendary Supreme Commander Ver. - old mold, old character

This is the first main line mass retail MP to be an "old mold, old character" case, whereas all previous cases like this, for the refresh era, have instead been exclusives w/ lettered ID numbers. By all reason, this toy ought to be a lettered exclusive instead of a unique-numbered mass retail MP.

Another outlier:

Image

MP-13B Soundblaster - Not an exclusive, not exactly a new character, though packaged with a new mold Ratbat and not a unique number. They didn't have to make MP-38 a unique number, they just felt like it.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:Another outlier:
Twas still an "old mold, old character" case as many lettered ID numbered MPs have been.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27439
News Credits: 203
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Emerje » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:18 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:Another outlier:
Twas still an "old mold, old character" case as many lettered ID numbered MPs have been.

Sure, but unlike MP-12G Lambor G-2 Ver. and MP-21G Bumble G-2 Ver., also sold at mass retail, which were just straight repaints with additional accessories (like MP-38), Soundblaster even included an entirely new second figure which is unique to both mass retail and exclusives in the line that have been lettered. He would be more deserving of a unique number than the new Primal is.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1930
News Credits: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:Another outlier:
Twas still an "old mold, old character" case as many lettered ID numbered MPs have been.

Sure, but unlike MP-12G Lambor G-2 Ver. and MP-21G Bumble G-2 Ver., also sold at mass retail, which were just straight repaints with additional accessories (like MP-38), Soundblaster even included an entirely new second figure which is unique to both mass retail and exclusives in the line that have been lettered. He would be more deserving of a unique number than the new Primal is.
Hmm, I guess the lettered ones could then be considered as either exclusives or "old mold, old character" cases (or both), with MP-38 still breaking that pattern as well. :-?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 27439
News Credits: 203
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:56 pm

There is no pattern, MP 38 confirms that pretty well.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 17627
News Credits: 554
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version) Asia Exclusive Bananas

Postby Va'al » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:45 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Much like the previous iteration of this mold from Takara Tomy, the Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Convoy / Optimus Primal Supreme Commander version will have an added accessory through Hasbro Transformers Asia, once more in diecast, and replacing the mace now available as a regular accessory: this time, according to the their Facebook page, it's a bunch of bananas. No, seriously. Check it out below!

“MP-38 Optimus Primal (Movie) promotion”

Asia Limited Premium

Get this special design exclusive premium free when preorder “ MP-38 Optimus Primal (Movie)" at selected stores in Asia, while supplies Last !


Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Enter.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 14190
News Credits: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Image
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3044
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version) Asia Exclusive Bananas

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:10 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Va'al wrote:Much like the previous iteration of this mold from Takara Tomy, the Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Convoy / Optimus Primal Supreme Commander version will have an added accessory through Hasbro Transformers Asia, once more in diecast, and replacing the mace now available as a regular accessory: this time, according to the their Facebook page, it's a bunch of bananas.

GLORIOUS
Why do all the good things have to hurt my wallet...
Image
Wants: TR Deluxe Wave 4, MP Megatron Ver2, MMC Kultur (Tarn)
User avatar
Sigma Magnus
News Staff
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: New York
Alt Mode: Space Jet
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby kurthy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
This just makes me want an MP beast wars Megatron even more. Imagine the possibilities. Exclusive rubber ducky! A back scrubber instead of a flail...a bathtub
kurthy
Vehicon
Posts: 328
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Iowa City, IA
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:28 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
kurthy wrote:This just makes me want an MP beast wars Megatron even more. Imagine the possibilities. Exclusive rubber ducky! A back scrubber instead of a flail...a bathtub

Rubber ducky, you're the one!

Although I didn't know Supreme Convoy loved bananas as much as the minions do

Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Image
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 10050
News Credits: 219
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: SonicSlash+Mach 6 Fusion Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby dragons » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 am

Sigma Magnus wrote:
Va'al wrote:Much like the previous iteration of this mold from Takara Tomy, the Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Convoy / Optimus Primal Supreme Commander version will have an added accessory through Hasbro Transformers Asia, once more in diecast, and replacing the mace now available as a regular accessory: this time, according to the their Facebook page, it's a bunch of bananas.

GLORIOUS


This wouldn't make me want to buy Figure for banana I buy Figure for mace but no bananas
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2869
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Kurona » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Motto: "The universe is cold, and cruel, and violent—but only if you choose to look at it that way. For every act of aggression there are a thousand acts of kindness. For every hateful word, a million declarations of love. The good always outweighs the bad."
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
I didn't really care for this redeco before - no real problem as such, the show-accurate one just looked better - but god damn this actually makes me want it.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image


"Fortress Maximus prepare for your death today you're gonna die"
~Megazark
Kurona
News Staff
Posts: 5458
News Credits: 33
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-38 Beast Wars Convoy (Supreme Commander Version)

Postby Va'al » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have some additional images of the upcoming redeco of the first Beast Wars Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece, in his movie colours as Supreme Commander Beast Convoy! The photos are part of the Figure King magazine collage, courtesy of a scan by Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook - check them out mirrored below, as you notice that the only actual new image is number 4, showing off how to store the mutant mask and other accessories on his back, with the blue tab seen in images previously.

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Enter.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 14190
News Credits: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG10 ARCEE PINK TAKARA TOMY ACTION FIGURE SA AQ5160 - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 38 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS collectors FAN CLUB exclusive TOPSPIN figure + 3D LENTICULAR CARD - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 46 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS sdcc COMIC CON autobot BLASTER figure TOY (G1 tape player reissue) - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 47 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Prime RID Deluxe WHEELJACK - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 49 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME MECHA NATIONS MN-04 MN 04 KIDS LOGIC FIGURE ES AQ4731 - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 52 minutes 26 seconds
The Loyal Subjects Transformers 8"  Shockwave Vinyl Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 53 minutes 19 seconds
Warrior Class STARSCREAM Clash of the Transformers Robots In Disguise 2016 New - Time Remaining: 5 days 54 minutes 26 seconds
Gutto Kuru Figure Collection Transformers Minelba Japan new. - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 9 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #173 - Crossing The Rubicon
Twincast / Podcast #173:
"Crossing The Rubicon"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 24th, 2017
Website Security Test