Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:THIS! :lol:
Yay! :DANCE:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And yeah... Done deal since I said to him that it was a misunderstanding and wanted to apologize if he just said that. :lol:
No worries, man. It's a unique direction Hasbro going with the Hot Shot and Rodimus character roles belonging to the same person. ;)

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:But despite that, I have to thank you on one thing - You made me be interested in Hasbro's part of this continuity. I generally lost interest due to the conflicts, but seeing how they can do numerous variations of the same timeline... I now see it in the same tradition as how Alternity was handled. :-?
Now I'm confused. :lol: How's it like Alternity?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So thanks for that, and like Optimus Prime said prior to his first death... "Until all are one." :BOT:
Though, not literally, as that would be a mess. 8-}
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28872
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:The Transformers wasn't Hasbro's baby to begin with. That's utter bull. Sabrblade's talking about the Aligned Continuity being their baby, Kuma, not the Transformers franchise.

Prime, why don't you both stop trying to sound like experts and shut up?


:roll: :roll:

PrimeStriker wrote: and then we got stuck with all of this ****. Please, can we move on before we get too much attention? From the wrong kind of people?



PrimeStriker wrote:It's over. Forget about it.


|:|


:PEACE:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Now I'm confused. :lol: How's it like Alternity?

Alternity was a series that tied into the entire Universal stream. For example, the Guardian named Elita-One (who was once Arcee/Ariel) is a Guardian from the Micron Dentsu timestream (Aurex 103.10 Alpha), and yet Cliffjumper came from 903.0 (G1/Binaltech). Just a sample, is all. :grin:

LINK: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Universal_cluster

But in all cases, the Aligned continuity has yet to receive its own Universal stream. And from the way I see it, they can do the following time streams:

- -1.0 A Shattered Glass version of the Aligned continuity.
- 0.0 The official "Bible" tied to all of the Aligned continuity.
- 1.0 The War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron game series.
- 2.0 The Robot Heroes and Prime
- 3.0 The "Exodus" novel series (I am hoping this creates a sequel).
- 4.0 The IDW comics tied to Cybertron games.
- 5.0 The IDW comics tied to the PRIME comic series.
- 6.0 The spin-off games that do not connect to Cybertron.
- 7.0 The spin-off games that do not connect to Prime.
- 8.0 Other comics and/or stories that have continuity errors, but can be tied together.
- 9.0 The Cyberverse toyline.
- 10.0 Takara Tomy's Arms Microns Universe.

Whew... But yeah, this is how they sorted out the Generation 1/Primax Universal stream in hopes of sorting out series and placing continuity errors into their timeline. :michaelbay: And at the same time... The omission of Takara Tomy's versions of a few series have me wonder if the listing is 100% complete. :???:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now I'm confused. :lol: How's it like Alternity?

Alternity was a series that tied into the entire Universal stream. For example, the Guardian named Elita-One (who was once Arcee/Ariel) is a Guardian from the Micron Dentsu timestream (Aurex 103.10 Alpha), and yet Cliffjumper came from 903.0 (G1/Binaltech). Just a sample, is all. :grin:

LINK: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Universal_cluster
Believe me, all this I already know.

Though, it's Elita Seven, not Elita One. ;)

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:But in all cases, the Aligned continuity has yet to receive its own Universal stream.
There's a reason for that. It's because that, unlike every other continuity to come before it, the Aligned continuity isn't part of the established Transformers Mulitverse, as it lies outside of it on its own and isn't bound by the same rules as the Multiverse.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And from the way I see it, they can do the following time streams:
In spite of some discrepancies, it's all one timeline (Except for a few of the things you've listed which are indeed on their own).

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- -1.0 A Shattered Glass version of the Aligned continuity.
What the-?! There's no such thing.

The only currently known SG universes there are are Primax -408.24 Epsilon (the Fun Pub SG universe) and the SG Animated universe.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- 0.0 The official "Bible" tied to all of the Aligned continuity.
- 1.0 The War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron game series.
- 2.0 The Robot Heroes and Prime
- 3.0 The "Exodus" novel series (I am hoping this creates a sequel).
- 4.0 The IDW comics tied to Cybertron games.
- 5.0 The IDW comics tied to the PRIME comic series.
- 6.0 The spin-off games that do not connect to Cybertron.
- 7.0 The spin-off games that do not connect to Prime.
- 8.0 Other comics and/or stories that have continuity errors, but can be tied together.
All of these are meant to be tied together in one timeline.

Though, it's "Rescue Bots", not "Robot Heroes". And Exodus has a sequel: Exiles.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- 9.0 The Cyberverse toyline.
Other than toy bios, this doesn't have its own fiction. it's just a different size class.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- 10.0 Takara Tomy's Arms Microns Universe.
Now this is indeed on its own. ;)

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Whew... But yeah, this is how they sorted out the Generation 1/Primax Universal stream in hopes of sorting out series and placing continuity errors into their timeline. :michaelbay: And at the same time... The omission of Takara Tomy's versions of a few series have me wonder if the listing is 100% complete. :???:
Except that none of the Aligned Continuity is Primax. Nor is any of it Aurex, Tyran, Malgus, Viron, etc. It's none of the above because it doesn't exist in any of the multiverse's universal clusters. It's a cluster that exists outside of it off in another part of the Omniverse. :-B
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28872
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:51 pm

PrimeStriker wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:The Transformers wasn't Hasbro's baby to begin with. That's utter bull. Sabrblade's talking about the Aligned Continuity being their baby, Kuma, not the Transformers franchise.

Prime, why don't you both stop trying to sound like experts and shut up?


:roll: :roll:

PrimeStriker wrote: and then we got stuck with all of this ****. Please, can we move on before we get too much attention? From the wrong kind of people?



PrimeStriker wrote:It's over. Forget about it.


|:|


:PEACE:

I am saying this as civil as possible: I made peace with Sabrblade because he is the first person I respected ever since my return to this site. However, with you, I cannot do the same because you are two-faced in this situation.

Because one moment, you make attacks on my character and end it by telling me not to do it. Then you sided with another and furthered the attacked. Then you try to make peace, which has me say that it was all tied to a misunderstanding. I moved on and tried laughing at the irony tied to this event. Despite me saying that I was sorry for the misunderstanding and wanted peace, YOU ignore that, your talks of the "brotherhood," and wanting peace when you turned around and accused me of something that was not true. Yet, you ask for it to stop in hopes of getting "attention" from the "wrong people." And while I was gone, your then-partner makes another statement. You go back and attack me once more, despite your claims of not wanting this and wanting peace.

Yeah... I made peace with Sabrblade because he is a cool Maximal. But with you, the facts have me think you wanted it because you do not want to be in trouble with the moderators. Again? Maybe. But truth be told, until you sincerely change your attitude, I can only trust you as far as the brotherhood allows me to. Beyond that, your attitude has me develop no respect for you or your "knowledge."

So yeah... It was over when we traded apologies. But you started it again. So don't tell us when to end something and forget when you cannot do it yourself. So for the sake of the Brotherhood, and my respect for both Sabrblade and the others... I have moved on, but will not respect you until you can show me that you sincerely respect the brotherhood. And all because I admitted to misunderstanding what you meant, and you chose to ignore that fact. I hope you are happy with the results, Prime. >:oP

In other news... Does anybody know of a site that has a complete listing of the current and upcoming Hasbro Transformers: Prime toys? :???:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now I'm confused. :lol: How's it like Alternity?

Alternity was a series that tied into the entire Universal stream. For example, the Guardian named Elita-One (who was once Arcee/Ariel) is a Guardian from the Micron Dentsu timestream (Aurex 103.10 Alpha), and yet Cliffjumper came from 903.0 (G1/Binaltech). Just a sample, is all. :grin:

LINK: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Universal_cluster
Believe me, all this I already know.

Though, it's Elita Seven, not Elita One. ;)

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:But in all cases, the Aligned continuity has yet to receive its own Universal stream.
There's a reason for that. It's because that, unlike every other continuity to come before it, the Aligned continuity isn't part of the established Transformers Mulitverse, as it lies outside of it on its own and isn't bound by the same rules as the Multiverse.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And from the way I see it, they can do the following time streams:
In spite of some discrepancies, it's all one timeline (Except for a few of the things you've listed which are indeed on their own).

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- -1.0 A Shattered Glass version of the Aligned continuity.
What the-?! There's no such thing.

The only currently known SG universes there are are Primax -408.24 Epsilon (the Fun Pub SG universe) and the SG Animated universe.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- 0.0 The official "Bible" tied to all of the Aligned continuity.
- 1.0 The War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron game series.
- 2.0 The Robot Heroes and Prime
- 3.0 The "Exodus" novel series (I am hoping this creates a sequel).
- 4.0 The IDW comics tied to Cybertron games.
- 5.0 The IDW comics tied to the PRIME comic series.
- 6.0 The spin-off games that do not connect to Cybertron.
- 7.0 The spin-off games that do not connect to Prime.
- 8.0 Other comics and/or stories that have continuity errors, but can be tied together.
All of these are meant to be tied together in one timeline.

Though, it's "Rescue Bots", not "Robot Heroes". And Exodus has a sequel: Exiles.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- 9.0 The Cyberverse toyline.
Other than toy bios, this doesn't have its own fiction. it's just a different size class.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:- 10.0 Takara Tomy's Arms Microns Universe.
Now this is indeed on its own. ;)

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Whew... But yeah, this is how they sorted out the Generation 1/Primax Universal stream in hopes of sorting out series and placing continuity errors into their timeline. :michaelbay: And at the same time... The omission of Takara Tomy's versions of a few series have me wonder if the listing is 100% complete. :???:
Except that none of the Aligned Continuity is Primax. Nor is any of it Aurex, Tyran, Malgus, Viron, etc. It's none of the above because it doesn't exist in any of the multiverse's universal clusters. It's a cluster that exists outside of it off in another part of the Omniverse. :-B

All good points. I guess I need to contact Hasbro on all of this, and see if they have a few answers to a few questions: Such as why Arcee in WFC looks like her G1 counterpart, and is a completely different form in PRIME. And if we will ever see Flamewar, as well as Slipstream in future episodes - As Flamewar was said to be stalking Arcee, but never said when. And Slipstream is just awesome and needs a PRIME figure. :-?
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:All good points. I guess I need to contact Hasbro on all of this, and see if they have a few answers to a few questions: Such as why Arcee in WFC looks like her G1 counterpart, and is a completely different form in PRIME.
Simple body upgrades, perhaps? A lot can happen over the course of several eons. ;)

Though, the real world reason sadly seems to be that, when it comes to the Aligned continuity, Hasbro doesn't seem to care about character aesthetics so long as the story itself works. I mean, TF: Prime and Rescue Bots take place at the same time, yet Optimus turns into a long nose truck in Prime, while he turns into a flat nose truck in Rescue Bots. This is also why I fear we may get no in-story explanation for Optimus' new body design in Fall of Cybertron

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And if we will ever see Flamewar, as well as Slipstream in future episodes - As Flamewar was said to be stalking Arcee, but never said when. And Slipstream is just awesome and needs a PRIME figure. :-?
Slipstream is getting a Prime toy. The TFCC Subscription Service is releasing a Prime Slipstream toy that is a redeco of the First Edition Starscream toy with a new head.
Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28872
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:The Transformers wasn't Hasbro's baby to begin with. That's utter bull. Sabrblade's talking about the Aligned Continuity being their baby, Kuma, not the Transformers franchise.

Prime, why don't you both stop trying to sound like experts and shut up?


:roll: :roll:

PrimeStriker wrote: and then we got stuck with all of this ****. Please, can we move on before we get too much attention? From the wrong kind of people?



PrimeStriker wrote:It's over. Forget about it.


|:|


:PEACE:

I am saying this as civil as possible: I made peace with Sabrblade because he is the first person I respected ever since my return to this site. However, with you, I cannot do the same because you are two-faced in this situation.

Because one moment, you make attacks on my character and end it by telling me not to do it. Then you sided with another and furthered the attacked. Then you try to make peace, which has me say that it was all tied to a misunderstanding. I moved on and tried laughing at the irony tied to this event. Despite me saying that I was sorry for the misunderstanding and wanted peace, YOU ignore that, your talks of the "brotherhood," and wanting peace when you turned around and accused me of something that was not true. Yet, you ask for it to stop in hopes of getting "attention" from the "wrong people." And while I was gone, your then-partner makes another statement. You go back and attack me once more, despite your claims of not wanting this and wanting peace.

Yeah... I made peace with Sabrblade because he is a cool Maximal. But with you, the facts have me think you wanted it because you do not want to be in trouble with the moderators. Again? Maybe. But truth be told, until you sincerely change your attitude, I can only trust you as far as the brotherhood allows me to. Beyond that, your attitude has me develop no respect for you or your "knowledge."

So yeah... It was over when we traded apologies. But you started it again. So don't tell us when to end something and forget when you cannot do it yourself. So for the sake of the Brotherhood, and my respect for both Sabrblade and the others... I have moved on, but will not respect you until you can show me that you sincerely respect the brotherhood. And all because I admitted to misunderstanding what you meant, and you chose to ignore that fact. I hope you are happy with the results, Prime. >:oP

In other news... Does anybody know of a site that has a complete listing of the current and upcoming Hasbro Transformers: Prime toys? :???:


I made no attacks on your character. I did not insult you or call you any names at all, but you may take simple, plain text as a rude overtone. I tend to speak type words as plain as possible, whilst only showing any sort of emotion a handful of times, or if I'm truly pissed off.

It seems that I cannot clarify something after making peace without you thinking I'm attacking you. The Transformers began with the 1980s Japanese toy lines Microman and Diaclone. The former utilized varying humanoid-type figures while the latter presented robots able to transform into everyday vehicles, electronic items or weapons. Hasbro, fresh from the success of the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline, which used the Microman technology to great success, bought the Diaclone toys, and partnered with Takara. Technically the Transformers were Takara's baby before Hasbro bought them and partnered with the Japanese toy company.

And it is true that I didn't want to get in trouble with the moderators, with doubts I would, but I also didn't want anyone else jumping in, insulting others in an extremely harmful way and then they get a warning or ultimately banned.

You did not make it clear to me that you misunderstood what I said until pages later when a feud already began. You're going to be prone to argument with others on this board, and you'll have to learn not to feel so bullied when someone tries to get their point across, in frustration or not. And I'd also like for you to point out to me where I insulted your character.

Knowledge in quotation? It seems you're trying to outmatch how "rude" I was to you, which will only result in further problems.

And which Prime toys are you talking about? Cyberverse or RiD? If RiD, I do have a list right here:

Revealers/Deluxe Class

Wave 1
Bumblebee
Cliffjumper
Wheeljack
Soundwave

Wave 2
Arcee
Autobot Ratchet

Wave 3
Knock Out
Vehicon
Hot Shot

Wave 4
Dead End
Shadow Strike Bumblebee
Airachnid

Wave 5
Sergeant Kup
Rumble


Unconfirmed
Ironhide

Powerizers/Voyager Class

Wave 1
Optimus Prime
Megatron

Wave 2
Starscream
Bulkhead

Wave 3
Dreadwing

Wave 4
Thundertron
Ultra Magnus


Wave 5
Skyquake


Weaponizers/Leader Class

Wave 1

Optimus Prime
Bumblebee

----------

If Cyberverse:

Legion Class

Wave 1
Bumblebee
Vehicon
Arcee
Ratchet
Prime Cliffjumper

Wave 2

Breakdown
DotM Soundwave
DotM Mirage
Transformers: The Ride Evac

Wave 3
Flamewar
Wheeljack
Quick Blade Bumblebee

Future Wave
Fallback
Tailgate
Knock Out

Commander Class

Wave 1
Optimus Prime
Bulkhead
Starscream
Megatron

Wave 2
Dreadwing
Ironhide

Wave 3
Ultra Magnus
Nightwatch Optimus Prime

Future Waves
Prime Skyquake (redeco of Dreadwing)
Battle Tactics Bulkhead

Vehicles and Battle Sets

Wave 1
Energon Driller with Knock Out
Star Hammer with Wheeljack

Wave 2
Bumblebee Battle Suit with Bumblebee

Battle Set
Optimus Maximus

Hope that helped a bit.
Last edited by PrymeStriker on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrimeStriker wrote:It seems that I cannot clarify something after making peace without you thinking I'm attacking you. The Transformers began with the 1980s Japanese toy lines Microman and Diaclone. The former utilized varying humanoid-type figures while the latter presented robots able to transform into everyday vehicles, electronic items or weapons. Hasbro, fresh from the success of the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline, which used the Microman technology to great success, bought the Diaclone toys, and partnered with Takara. Technically the Transformers were Takara's baby before Hasbro bought them and partnered with the Japanese toy company.
They weren't "Transformers" until Hasbro got their mitts on them. While Takara did crate the toy molds, the toys being "Transformers toys" was Hasbro's doing. Hasbro created the Transformers franchise. Takara just made the building blocks that Hasbro needed to assemble.

PrimeStriker wrote:Future Waves
Ironhide
Kindly remove this one as it isn't certain whether or not Hasbro will be releasing the toy as ironhide at all. That bit is only being left on TFWiki until we get a straight answer since at least one source has mentioned Ironhide coming bu could still be mistaken for Kup since Ironhide wasn't part of the full 2012 line up Hasbro showed at SDCC. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28872
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:It seems that I cannot clarify something after making peace without you thinking I'm attacking you. The Transformers began with the 1980s Japanese toy lines Microman and Diaclone. The former utilized varying humanoid-type figures while the latter presented robots able to transform into everyday vehicles, electronic items or weapons. Hasbro, fresh from the success of the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline, which used the Microman technology to great success, bought the Diaclone toys, and partnered with Takara. Technically the Transformers were Takara's baby before Hasbro bought them and partnered with the Japanese toy company.
They weren't "Transformers" until Hasbro got their mitts on them. While Takara did crate the toy molds, the toys being "Transformers toys" was Hasbro's doing. Hasbro created the Transformers franchise. Takara just made the building blocks that Hasbro needed to assemble.


Yep, Hasbro gave them the name of Transformers, but my point is that it was Takara's idea to begin with.

Sabrblade wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:Future Waves
Ironhide
Kindly remove this one as it isn't certain whether or not Hasbro will be releasing the toy as ironhide at all. That bit is only being left on TFWiki until we get a straight answer since at least one source has mentioned Ironhide coming bu could still be mistaken for Kup since Ironhide wasn't part of the full 2012 line up Hasbro showed at SDCC. ;)


I renamed that to "Unconfirmed." Thanks for that.

Even if it is Takara exclusive, you could just put the cannons that come with Kup on Ironhide, considering we saw him with only one.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrimeStriker wrote:Yep, Hasbro gave them the name of Transformers, but my point is that it was Takara's idea to begin with.
What, the idea of "transforming robot toys"? That goes well beyond just referring to the Transformers brand. Diaclone and Micro Change largely had no real fiction to them.

It was Hasbro, however, who created the specifics of the Transformers franchise, hiring Marvel Comics to flesh out the details of the what the fiction and characters would be like in the original write up. Though, Hasbro themselves thought up the "transforming alien robot race at civil war" angle, which Marvel guys like Budiansky ran with for the write up.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28872
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:Yep, Hasbro gave them the name of Transformers, but my point is that it was Takara's idea to begin with.
What, the idea of "transforming robot toys"? That goes well beyond just referring to the Transformers brand. Diaclone and Micro Change largely had no real fiction to them.

It was Hasbro, however, who created the specifics of the Transformers franchise, hiring Marvel Comics to flesh out the details of the what the fiction and characters would be like in the original write up. Though, Hasbro themselves thought up the "transforming alien robot race at civil war" angle, which Marvel guys like Budiansky ran with for the write up.


I see. Point being that Hasbro weren't the ones whom originally thought of transforming robots. It was brands like Diaclone, Macross, and Micro Change that inspired the Transformers franchise. I guess you can say Hasbro's the Mommy and Takara's the Daddy of the Transformers franchise, and not give all the credit to Hasbro.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
PrimeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:Yep, Hasbro gave them the name of Transformers, but my point is that it was Takara's idea to begin with.
What, the idea of "transforming robot toys"? That goes well beyond just referring to the Transformers brand. Diaclone and Micro Change largely had no real fiction to them.

It was Hasbro, however, who created the specifics of the Transformers franchise, hiring Marvel Comics to flesh out the details of the what the fiction and characters would be like in the original write up. Though, Hasbro themselves thought up the "transforming alien robot race at civil war" angle, which Marvel guys like Budiansky ran with for the write up.


I see. Point being that Hasbro weren't the ones whom originally thought of transforming robots. It was brands like Diaclone, Macross, and Micro Change that inspired the Transformers franchise. I guess you can say Hasbro's the Mommy and Takara's the Daddy of the Transformers franchise, and not give all the credit to Hasbro.
In a sense, it was a team effort, yes. Though, the creative vision for the Transformers brand belonged to Hasbro, while groups like Takara, Marvel, Takatoku, etc. provided their aid and assistance to Hasbro's plan. So, the full credit for the Transformers brand goes to all of them with Hasbro masterminding at the helm and the others helping to fulfill Hasbro's agenda. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28872
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:Yep, Hasbro gave them the name of Transformers, but my point is that it was Takara's idea to begin with.
What, the idea of "transforming robot toys"? That goes well beyond just referring to the Transformers brand. Diaclone and Micro Change largely had no real fiction to them.

It was Hasbro, however, who created the specifics of the Transformers franchise, hiring Marvel Comics to flesh out the details of the what the fiction and characters would be like in the original write up. Though, Hasbro themselves thought up the "transforming alien robot race at civil war" angle, which Marvel guys like Budiansky ran with for the write up.


I see. Point being that Hasbro weren't the ones whom originally thought of transforming robots. It was brands like Diaclone, Macross, and Micro Change that inspired the Transformers franchise. I guess you can say Hasbro's the Mommy and Takara's the Daddy of the Transformers franchise, and not give all the credit to Hasbro.
In a sense, it was a team effort, yes. Though, the creative vision for the Transformers brand belonged to Hasbro, while groups like Takara, Marvel, Takatoku, etc. provided their aid and assistance to Hasbro's plan. So, the full credit for the Transformers brand goes to all of them with Hasbro masterminding at the helm and the others helping to fulfill Hasbro's agenda. ;)


Helpful information. Thanks. :)

Well, there's not a lot left to say about the original topic. You know, this upcoming episode. We're diverting all of our business to these threads that the poor TFP Discussion Thread is getting neglected. :-( :lol:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:33 am

Sabrblade wrote:In a sense, it was a team effort, yes. Though, the creative vision for the Transformers brand belonged to Hasbro, while groups like Takara, Marvel, Takatoku, etc. provided their aid and assistance to Hasbro's plan. So, the full credit for the Transformers brand goes to all of them with Hasbro masterminding at the helm and the others helping to fulfill Hasbro's agenda. ;)

Speaking of Microman, Takara, and this series... As well as the fact that I do not have to say anything to Prime (for obvious reasons)... And the fact that I may skip on Exile, as I found out that there were a number of story-based errors in the book. >:oP

So with the topic at hand: Ironhide will not be appearing in PRIME. Looking for information on the series, as I needed to get a fleshed-out understanding (just in case I decide to go beyond the animated series), I found out that they officially stated this year that Ironhide will not appear in the series. I guess his fate is in the "Binder of Revelation." :???:

However, if you are not company specific, Takara Tomy is rumored to be making an Arms Microns version. So there is that, and the fact that the binder containing elements from all past series, I am starting to wonder if this series will go beyond season 3. (But that is a different story, as I am trying to kill the time looking for a way to see this series in Japanese.) :BOT:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:57 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:In a sense, it was a team effort, yes. Though, the creative vision for the Transformers brand belonged to Hasbro, while groups like Takara, Marvel, Takatoku, etc. provided their aid and assistance to Hasbro's plan. So, the full credit for the Transformers brand goes to all of them with Hasbro masterminding at the helm and the others helping to fulfill Hasbro's agenda. ;)

Speaking of Microman, Takara, and this series... As well as the fact that I do not have to say anything to Prime (for obvious reasons)... And the fact that I may skip on Exile, as I found out that there were a number of story-based errors in the book.
If you don't want to resolve the problem and give a cold shoulder, you could just put me on your ignore list. Just remember, I tried making peace, but as soon as there was another minor response to one of your statements, you wanted to cry in the corner. I reviewed the conversation and at no point in time did I insult you or your character. You can't even back up your claim when I ask you to point it out to me. Don't be overly sensitive to responses, or you'll get eaten alive.

A long-overdue statement, but: Welcome to Seibertron. ;)
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:03 am

PrimeStriker wrote:If you don't want to resolve the problem and give a cold shoulder, you could just put me on your ignore list.
Yes, and I would be missing out on the person you can be... Not the person you have chosen to be. So excuse me while I laugh at the irony you are trying to say is the truth from here on out. :P

PrimeStriker wrote:Just remember, I tried making peace, but as soon as there was another minor response to one of your statements, you wanted to cry in the corner.
That is true. But you also told people that you were a victim of something I previously said was a misunderstanding. And to be honest, peace does not allow you to make slanderous accusations just because your ego was bruised. >:oP ..... :lol:

PrimeStriker wrote:I reviewed the conversation and at no point in time did I insult you or your character.
How many times have I heard that as a moderator. :lol: You constantly insulted me and my character! :lol: You insulted my character when you said I disregarded everything I said, and insulted me when you talked about me "crying in a corner"! :lol:

So yeah... Let me give you a tip: If you want to be seen as innocent, stick with the apology and let it go. Because a person guilty of a crime will always claim innocence while attacking any part of the person that they feel is prosecuting them. >:oP

PrimeStriker wrote:You can't even back up your claim when I ask you to point it out to me. Don't be overly sensitive to responses, or you'll get eaten alive.
And yet... Other members said you were served by a new member. That you were taken down a peg or two. And by a guy who not once showed emotional attachment to anything but the actual subject and the brotherhood... That you, yourself, claimed to take seriously. :lol:

I told you that I misunderstood your usage of the name "Hot Rod" and you ignored that. I even apologized and you ignored that. I laughed at my own mistake and you ignored that. I said I receive my information from both Wikipedia AND TFwiki... And you ignored that! :lol:

Laughing at the irony to what is being said, and not you! :lol:

Oh, and also... If I didn't, explain your attitude change when you Sabrblade backed me up on Hasbro being the creator of The Transformers. ;) Plus, also Microman and Diaclone were licensed by Hasbro before Takara found out that the franchise was a success in their test markets and became a permanent partner. ;)

PrimeStriker wrote:A long-overdue statement, but: Welcome to Seibertron. ;)
Thanks, but this is actually my return. My first time here came when Heavy Metal War debuted and yet my interest in the franchise was not as strong. And to be honest, I wanted to return when I obtained my 10th MISB Transformer. I ended up joining between the time I received Transformer #6 (AM-11 Arcee) and #8 (A-01U Ultra Magnus).

And thanks to something Sabrblade said, I now need to know if Takara Tomy is giving PRIME the same treatment, or if they will go a different direction... Like they did with Animated. :P
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Mind if I continue the Transformers: Prime conversation?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And the fact that I may skip on Exile, as I found out that there were a number of story-based errors in the book. >:oP
Eh, well, yeah, the book is flawed, but it's a required read for anyone wanting more info on the Aligned continuity, as the novels appear to be what draw from the Binder of Revelation the most.

Then again, while I myself didn't quite enjoy it the first time around, I've heard others give it a more positive reception on other sites, calling it a better read than Exodus. so, maybe I should give it another shot. Having already read it once, I'll know what to expect of the errors and such and shouldn't be as disappointed. :P

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So with the topic at hand: Ironhide will not be appearing in PRIME. Looking for information on the series, as I needed to get a fleshed-out understanding (just in case I decide to go beyond the animated series), I found out that they officially stated this year that Ironhide will not appear in the series. I guess his fate is in the "Binder of Revelation." :???:
I keep hearing people say this. What Hasbro said about Ironhide when they unveiled his Cyberverse toy was not "We're making this toy, but Ironhide will not be in Prime," but rather it was "We're making this toy, but having a toy doesn't guarantee that he'll be in the show." They told us not to expect him being the show, but they didn't fully say no to him showing up at all later on. So, there is still a possibility of Ironhide being able to appear in the show, but nothing immediate from the sound of it.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:However, if you are not company specific, Takara Tomy is rumored to be making an Arms Microns version.
It's no rumor. We've seen the pics. ;)

Way in the back between Swerve and Gaia Unicron:
Image

Hasbro's releasing this same toy but colored as Kup.
Image

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So there is that, and the fact that the binder containing elements from all past series, I am starting to wonder if this series will go beyond season 3. (But that is a different story, as I am trying to kill the time looking for a way to see this series in Japanese.) :BOT:
Someone on Dailymotion has been uploading the Japanese dub episodes. The first 20 episodes have been uploaded thus far. This person also has episode of Beast Wars II, so the Prime episodes are mixed in there in the user's video catalog.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28872
News Credits: 223
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Sabrblade wrote:Mind if I continue the Transformers: Prime conversation?

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And the fact that I may skip on Exile, as I found out that there were a number of story-based errors in the book. >:oP
Eh, well, yeah, the book is flawed, but it's a required read for anyone wanting more info on the Aligned continuity, as the novels appear to be what draw from the Binder of Revelation the most.

Then again, while I myself didn't quite enjoy it the first time around, I've heard others give it a more positive reception on other sites, calling it a better read than Exodus. so, maybe I should give it another shot. Having already read it once, I'll know what to expect of the errors and such and shouldn't be as disappointed. :P


I'm such an outcast, I find Exodus to be the best book I've read. Then again.......I don't read that often.

Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So with the topic at hand: Ironhide will not be appearing in PRIME. Looking for information on the series, as I needed to get a fleshed-out understanding (just in case I decide to go beyond the animated series), I found out that they officially stated this year that Ironhide will not appear in the series. I guess his fate is in the "Binder of Revelation." :???:
I keep hearing people say this. What Hasbro said about Ironhide when they unveiled his Cyberverse toy was not "We're making this toy, but Ironhide will not be in Prime," but rather it was "We're making this toy, but having a toy doesn't guarantee that he'll be in the show." They told us not to expect him being the show, but they didn't fully say no to him showing up at all later on. So, there is still a possibility of Ironhide being able to appear in the show, but nothing immediate from the sound of it.


I've heard people use the excuse that he dies in FOC and that's why he won't appear. They probably just saw a generic colored like Ironhide die, because he's alive and well in Exlies.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:You can't even back up your claim when I ask you to point it out to me. Don't be overly sensitive to responses, or you'll get eaten alive.
And yet... Other members said you were served by a new member. That you were taken down a peg or two.


Wait, what? Oh, are you talking about this?:

Scourgescream wrote:
Saberblade get served surely not? oh wait, thats right. He doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. I for one am glad to see him get taken down a peg or two.


Again (I've said this before somewhere but I'm too lazy to check if it was here), if they release Ironhide as a Takara Exclusive and he only comes with one arms-micron cannon, I'll just throw that somewhere else and give Kup's cannons to Ironhide. It's the perfect fix.

And I'm going to ignore the misspelling of Sabrblade's name.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby Stumpybot » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
at least we've moved past the conspiracy theory of shockwave being the new recruit (despite the obvious faction issue) or the half dozen or so characters named off the top of peoples heads (if it hasnt been in the headlines then its speculation, not confirmed fact)

regardless though, some of you guys really need to stop taking this stuff so seriously, especially attacking each other in any way. ive been guilty of going too far and being a nerdragey fanboy so i know about being passionate about this stuff, but its not real, they just make a lot of this stuff up. some of the debate of facts and universal continuities here is beyond words. The alligned continuity is a TV show and a toyline with a variety of spinoffs in other media, its not perfect, the aesthetics differ across the formats and occasionally it contradicts itself massively. sometimes you just need to realise youre reading WAY too much into this and should step away from the keyboard.

Anybody thats seen Galaxy Quest id point out the Justin Long superfan character. Nuff said

As far as the new recruit, id love it to be Kup. I know its random, but im a Kup fanboy and its pure wishful thinking
User avatar
Stumpybot
Minibot
Posts: 178
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Mind if I continue the Transformers: Prime conversation?
Sorry. Needed to get that out of the way, seeing how a Decepticon's version of peace is different from an Autobots. :lol: Besides, I am in a great mood because my 10th MISB Transformer came in the mail. :grin:

Which means I have no time for his stories of "peace" and other off-topic claims, as I need to figure out who to buy next (even though I need to start saving up for the AFA part of my collection). Plus, I'll just sit in his spot if needed. :P So yeah... *pulls out a hat and cane* Be. My. Gue --

*gets tackled by two Cybertronian security guards that sport the Disney logo on their chests*

Sabrblade wrote:Eh, well, yeah, the book is flawed, but it's a required read for anyone wanting more info on the Aligned continuity, as the novels appear to be what draw from the Binder of Revelation the most.

Then again, while I myself didn't quite enjoy it the first time around, I've heard others give it a more positive reception on other sites, calling it a better read than Exodus. so, maybe I should give it another shot. Having already read it once, I'll know what to expect of the errors and such and shouldn't be as disappointed. :P


Yeah... The only way I can see the book series redeem itself is if the writer reveals that it was told by an old bot that obtained the data from numerous computer data files. Because much like "Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?" retold the series with inaccurate historical detail, that is how this book should be taken... Chronologically speaking.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:I keep hearing people say this. What Hasbro said about Ironhide when they unveiled his Cyberverse toy was not "We're making this toy, but Ironhide will not be in Prime," but rather it was "We're making this toy, but having a toy doesn't guarantee that he'll be in the show." They told us not to expect him being the show, but they didn't fully say no to him showing up at all later on. So, there is still a possibility of Ironhide being able to appear in the show, but nothing immediate from the sound of it.
Yeah. He was originally going to be in the show, but the producers chose to place Bulkhead in it instead, as to not confuse kids when it comes to his movie counterpart. And at BotCon 2012, they had confirmed that he will not be seen in the series... But I do not think this means the comic series, as the Dinobots are going to make their PRIME-based debut through that.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:It's no rumor. We've seen the pics. ;)

Way in the back between Swerve and Gaia Unicron:
Image

Hasbro's releasing this same toy but colored as Kup.
Image


Nice. :APPLAUSE: Besides, I must confess is that the one that intrigues me the most is the much rumored "Arms Microns" Leo Prime. I am not the type of guy who plans to buy a character with the rank/title of Prime, when it comes to collecting, as they tend to make numerous versions of any Prime for a single toy line. :BOOM:

But even then... I am hoping it is more like the Beast Wars II or Robot Masters Lio Convoy, and not the Classics or Universe Leo Prime. :lol:

Sabrblade wrote:Someone on Dailymotion has been uploading the Japanese dub episodes. The first 20 episodes have been uploaded thus far. This person also has episode of Beast Wars II, so the Prime episodes are mixed in there in the user's video catalog.
Very nice. Thanks. :D I also wanted to see Beast Wars II as well. But with Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime... I have heard that more than the dialogue has changed.

So until we get new episodes... I want to see how boycrazy Airachnid really sounds. :KREMZEEK: :CON:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
A lot of people seem to forget the fact; that's not the only reason Bulkhead replaced Ironhide. They were writing a character for Ironhide (clumsy, naïve, husky) that fit Animated Bulkhead more. I personally believe this is a more dominant reason, since, if I recall correctly, they gave this reasoning before the dead movie Ironhide reason in the season 1 DVD release. Plus, they confuse kids with a living Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Arcee anyway.

Let's not take factions of a board that we make ourselves so seriously. This isn't role play.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:15 pm

PrimeStriker wrote:A lot of people seem to forget the fact; that's not the only reason Bulkhead replaced Ironhide. They were writing a character for Ironhide (clumsy, naïve, husky) that fit Animated Bulkhead more. I personally believe this is a more dominant reason, since, if I recall correctly, they gave this reasoning before the dead movie Ironhide reason in the season 1 DVD release. Plus, they confuse kids with a living Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Arcee anyway.
That is good to know. :D

And besides, the movie version of Arcee is one of my least favorite incarnations. The only one I like less than her is the "Botcon" version that has her transform into a spider. [-(

PrimeStriker wrote:Let's not take factions of a board that we make ourselves so seriously. This isn't role play.
Prime... Wow. :lol: That was extremely ignorant of you to say, seeing how it was clearly obvious that I was joking. :P You do know humor, right? It is the human element where the need to not take things seriously, and find an excuse to joke about it. As in the opposite of what you have done, while showing an ironic trait of how Decepticons handle things. :lol:

Besides, while we are giving out advice... You need to stop assuming things about people you know nothing about, Prime. All it does is waste our time and doesn't allow you to receive the respect you could be receiving. :-? But even then, I have not role-played in quite some time... Seeing how Hasbro has been far too focused on Dungeons & Dragons that they have yet attempted to test out a possible "tabletalk" Transformers RPG, and the systems I am interested in are only in Japanese. :BOOM:
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
In what instance of what I just said did I assume anything about you? I made an innocent statement that is being exaggerated.

No, I don't think it's good or nice to joke about someone. Not that I found anything funny about that.

I doubt any of the little kids knew or cared who Arcee was, because you know, why give a crap abou any other character other than Bumblebee, Optimus, and that "bad guy"
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5894
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Happytown, Hell
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 17 Title and Description "New Recruit"

Postby KNM2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 pm

PrimeStriker wrote:In what instance of what I just said did I assume anything about you? I made an innocent statement that is being exaggerated.
Currently? Based on the lack of a emotional tone tied to stuff said, it would be your statement about not role-playing, which was tied to my statement tied to your choice of G1 Decepticon symbol. :CON:

Now, if you don't mind, I am confiscating your preferred seat. :P

PrimeStriker wrote:No, I don't think it's good or nice to joke about someone. Not that I found anything funny about that.
The thing is that people with compassion say the same thing. However, it is proper to use a non-confrontational lighter tone when trying to communicate or refer to those whom you have just met.

Then again, if I wanted to be cruel in my humor, I would have created a comparison of the person in question with any elements tied to (if not the game as a whole) Mystery of Convoy. :P

PrimeStriker wrote:I doubt any of the little kids knew or cared who Arcee was, because you know, why give a crap abou any other character other than Bumblebee, Optimus, and that "bad guy"
And that is the benefits of being in a Transformers dry-zone. You never hear kids talk about any of them at all here. :lol: And when I did, it was always the character that is either the coolest in appearance or has the most features. :P
MY TRANSFORMERS FANDOM: 1984-2013
User avatar
KNM2012
Targetmaster
Posts: 688
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Platinum Edition Combiner Wars Liokaiser Toy Set - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 58 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Menasor Stunticons Collectable Toy Figurine Set - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 59 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Superion Aerialbots Collectable Toy Figurine Set - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 59 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Victorion Torchbearer Collectable Toy Figurine Set - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 58 minutes 50 seconds
2017 SDCC Hasbro Transformers Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime with Tire Piece - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 6 minutes 22 seconds
(P) TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG-43 LG43 DYNASAURA TRYPTICON FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 7 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Powerdive - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 7 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Megatron - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 7 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017