Transformers: The Japanese Collection DVD Review

See a Transformers video that you just have to share with everyone? Are you a YouTube video person and made a Transformers related video that you'd like to share with the rest of Seibertron.com? Post videos here in this forum. YouTube videos can be displayed inline by using BBcode tags and the YouTube video identifier. For example, [youtube]J8C02vPHjuc[/youtube]

Re: Transformers: The Japanese Collection DVD Review

Postby Fortress_Maximus » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Motto: "If you love life do not waste your time. Don't wait. The time will NEVER be perfect."
Also second the idea to put some more value for this hefty $100pricetag. Perhaps not a figure but reproduction artwork like the Rhino reproduction cels or an exclusive mail-in offer for a cel if you buy the entire set? Dunno. But the lack of extras really is a downer b/c the box artwork isn't anything to drool over. Really shows how Shout did the bare minimum to release these dvds.
NEEDS:
Henkei Classics Optimus Prime 100% loose or MISB
Generations Optimus 100% loose
See sale items! http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/fortress-maximus-s-sale-list-and-wanted-items-p159707.php#p159707
User avatar
Fortress_Maximus
Targetmaster
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:32 pm

Re: Transformers: The Japanese Collection DVD Review

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Fortress_Maximus wrote:Also second the idea to put some more value for this hefty $100pricetag. Perhaps not a figure but reproduction artwork like the Rhino reproduction cels or an exclusive mail-in offer for a cel if you buy the entire set? Dunno. But the lack of extras really is a downer b/c the box artwork isn't anything to drool over. Really shows how Shout did the bare minimum to release these dvds.
Not to mention their messing up the subtitles with their unnecessary Americanization overkill.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28559
News Credits: 220
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: The Japanese Collection DVD Review

Postby Delicon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I picked up Headmasters and will probably stop there. While it's nice to see the story continue and more of that 80's style Transformers animation, I'm having a hard time getting into the subtitles. Of course, the prior English dubs of this are even worse, especially when they call the Autobot radio "Billy."

Watching this makes me realize just how much voice actors actually add to a cartoon.
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2456
News Credits: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Telford, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: The Japanese Collection DVD Review

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:12 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Delicon wrote:I picked up Headmasters and will probably stop there. While it's nice to see the story continue and more of that 80's style Transformers animation, I'm having a hard time getting into the subtitles. Of course, the prior English dubs of this are even worse, especially when they call the Autobot radio "Billy."

Watching this makes me realize just how much voice actors actually add to a cartoon.
If you stop after The Headmasters, you'll miss out on the awesomeness that is Chojin Masterforce (arguably considered the best of the three) and the one after it, Victory (which has that classic Saturday morning episodic cartoon feel like G1 seasons 1-2).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28559
News Credits: 220
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: The Japanese Collection DVD Review

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:37 am

Yeah, watching those bad english dubs of headmasters really opens your eyes how much life the actors breathe into cartoons. BUT still, watching with subtitles you still get a lot of enjoyment out of the series. Just takes a little effort. Totally worth it to see the story continue. Still WAY better than Energon. :lol:
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Video Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Dark of The Moon Mechtech Skyhammer 2010 MB - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 2 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers HFTD Hunt for the Decepticons Voyager Class Sea Spray Figure Boat - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 7 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Henkei Astrotrain (Classics Universe Generations Japan) complete! - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 8 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Universe Classics Autobot Hound Action Figure Extremely Rare w/ Gun - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 20 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Classic Deluxe Rodimus Hot Rod Autobot Warrior '06 Loose Incomplete - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 22 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Scorn Voyager The Last Knight - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 28 minutes
TRANSFORMERS ORIGINAL ART pg #9 RODIMUS, DRIFT, 2012, AUTOBOTS - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 28 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Generations: Voyager Class 2013 GRIMLOCK (FALL OF CYBERTRON) - MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 36 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test