Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:43 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I like what I see so far
Come on down to the D-Max Den!!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Burn wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Burn wrote:I really want a Gnaw...
On what?
Your brains!
*promptly starves* :-P
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 9503
News Credits: 203
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: SonicSlash+Mach 6 Fusion Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Nexus Knight » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:45 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Gonna comment on the first thing I centered in on- that axe/sword thing that looks epically Megatron-y. It feels less "knight" and more "Viking" IMO, but I'm no weapon expert, so I am almost certainly to be wrong.
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod

"Such heroic nonsense." Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die." Springer

"Till the day that all are one." Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy." Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for leadership)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong." Universal Greeting

"Till all are one." Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Minibot
Posts: 122
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: Guarding over Cybertron...
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Assault Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Techorgan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:53 am

This TLK Megatron mold (maybe a Voyager Class one?) looks kinda great! :D He not just features a Marvel Cinematic Universe Ultron-like medieval knight body with 3-clawed feet, but also confirms past rumours that he did transform into a fighter jet which looks awesome too. Still, I can't say this is the best Megatron overall yet because we haven't seen his whole body & the paint job too. Who knows they designed his head in a way his side panels can cover up his mouth like in the viral clip & concept art? 'Cos that would be an insult if :HASBRO: didn't... Maybe we might see his finished look @ tomorrows's ToyFair 2017, along with the other Transformers: The Last Knight toys, apparel & merchandise, which I'm quite eager to see them all in display. :BOT: :SG-BOTS: :CON:
Techorgan
Mini-Con
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:04 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
unicron1200 wrote:AoE was pretty disappointing for the most part due to the abundance of shellformers.


Was there? The only ones I recall being very 'shellformery' in the main line were Galvatron (cos impossible to reproduce his movie transformation but still a nice figure) and Crosshairs (which I love cos they use it as his duster). AoE had some of my favorite figures ever such as the Deluxe Bee, Voyager Grimlock and of course Evasion Prime and am very fond of various other ones like Voyager Hound, Deluxe Drift, Deluxe Crosshairs (as I already stated), some of the other Dinobots and the Armour Knight version of Leader Prime.

This new Megatron does look interesting though.
Likes: Movieverse, Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie.
Dislikes: Animated, G1 cartoon series, IDW G1, Beast Wars/Machines, Masterpiece
Image
Fave figures: RotF Bludgeon, Titans Megatron, Evasion Optimus Prime, 2007 Arcee, AoE Voyager Grimlock, 30th Springer, Sidearms Sideswipe, RotF Leader Optimus Prime
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Headmaster
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 am

Motto: "The universe is cold, and cruel, and violent—but only if you choose to look at it that way. For every act of aggression there are a thousand acts of kindness. For every hateful word, a million declarations of love. The good always outweighs the bad."
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
unicron1200 wrote:AoE was pretty disappointing for the most part due to the abundance of shellformers.


Was there? The only ones I recall being very 'shellformery' in the main line were Galvatron (cos impossible to reproduce his movie transformation but still a nice figure) and Crosshairs (which I love cos they use it as his duster). AoE had some of my favorite figures ever such as the Deluxe Bee, Voyager Grimlock and of course Evasion Prime and am very fond of various other ones like Voyager Hound, Deluxe Drift, Deluxe Crosshairs (as I already stated), some of the other Dinobots and the Armour Knight version of Leader Prime.

This new Megatron does look interesting though.

There was also Leader Optimus, arguably the biggest example of a shellformer since BWN Break.
Image


"Fortress Maximus prepare for your death today you're gonna die"
~Megazark
Kurona
News Staff
Posts: 5004
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby ToaLeePrime » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:27 am

Motto: "Strength in Solitude"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I'm gonna go ahead and say that those 'Dragon feet' are just his robot mode feet. His concept art does show him having clawed feet. In anycase... I WANT THAT MEGATRON NOW :-( :michaelbay:
Image
We'll break his legs!
User avatar
ToaLeePrime
Mini-Con
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:04 pm
Watch ToaLeePrime on YouTube
Alt Mode: 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:25 am

Another image from the source of those last two is this one apparently from the Toy Fair display:

16807591_806580202814842_8230527889940916551_n.jpg
16807591_806580202814842_8230527889940916551_n.jpg (43.28 KiB) Viewed 515 times


Check out the size of the dragon behind Megatron and Optimus! Not as big as Titan Trypticon, but massive nonetheless (unless those are some tiny figures in the foreground). That link is also calling Megatron Galvatron. :-?

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1819
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Newsed! Thanks Emerje - though I think the Galvatron (reading the original VS post) is a mistake: they indicate the green grey truck behind OP as Galvatron; I don't think that's the case.

Also the dragon might just be art!

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... air/37355/
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image

Kurona wrote:this is so adorava'al
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 13880
News Credits: 135
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:20 am

Hard to say given the quality of the picture and there seems to be some colored lights causing illusions. It appears to be standing on the same surface as the other figures. The red portion looks to have a double hinge on the bottom an open gap under that. I think if it's real it might turn into some sort of Legends playset with the red part making a ramp.

Which Optimus is that anyway? It isn't the Voyager. A "???-Step" probably?

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1819
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:29 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Emerje wrote:Hard to say given the quality of the picture and there seems to be some colored lights causing illusions. It appears to be standing on the same surface as the other figures. The red portion looks to have a double hinge on the bottom an open gap under that. I think if it's real it might turn into some sort of Legends playset with the red part making a ramp.

Which Optimus is that anyway? It isn't the Voyager. A "???-Step" probably?

Emerje


Could be could be! Playsets have been around for previous movie lines, so it might be one indeed.
We'll find out tomorrow, in any case!

As for OP - do you mean the big one or the truck at the front?
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image

Kurona wrote:this is so adorava'al
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 13880
News Credits: 135
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:35 am

The big one across from Voyager Grimlock, I wouldn't mistake the little one in front for a Voyager. ;)

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Godmaster
Posts: 1819
News Credits: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Emerje wrote:The big one across from Voyager Grimlock, I wouldn't mistake the little one in front for a Voyager. ;)

Emerje


Eh.. speculating is what speculating does!

I'd assume that is a Leader class figure of OP, which is bound to happen because OP.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image

Kurona wrote:this is so adorava'al
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 13880
News Credits: 135
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:54 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
A bit of official non-news, feat. Sqweeks. ;)

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... air/37356/
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image

Kurona wrote:this is so adorava'al
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 13880
News Credits: 135
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime review

Postby Kurona » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:16 am

Motto: "The universe is cold, and cruel, and violent—but only if you choose to look at it that way. For every act of aggression there are a thousand acts of kindness. For every hateful word, a million declarations of love. The good always outweighs the bad."
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
In a very surprising twist, right before Toy Fair starts; it looks like someone lucked out and got the upcoming Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime toy early - and posted a little review to boot! Check out the video review below and tell us what you think in the forums!

Image


"Fortress Maximus prepare for your death today you're gonna die"
~Megazark
Kurona
News Staff
Posts: 5004
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:34 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Offs! here's a better pic! now...it's either Scourge or
Predaking
Image
Image
Stuartmaximus
Gestalt
Posts: 2914
News Credits: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 am

Or just a 3 headed dragon.

Or Megatron ;)

Also, it looks like a big one step like AOE Grimlock.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 16990
News Credits: 514
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:34 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
So yeah I'm buying that Voyager Opitmus Prime. No doubt about that.
Likes: Movieverse, Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie.
Dislikes: Animated, G1 cartoon series, IDW G1, Beast Wars/Machines, Masterpiece
Image
Fave figures: RotF Bludgeon, Titans Megatron, Evasion Optimus Prime, 2007 Arcee, AoE Voyager Grimlock, 30th Springer, Sidearms Sideswipe, RotF Leader Optimus Prime
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Headmaster
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:55 am

Motto: "Unbiased objectivity leads to truth in all matters."
Weapon: Black Magic
That Megatron looks amazing, hope if it is a triple changer, that it looks amazing too, bet the underside of the wings are hideous if there are actually dragon legs under them :twisted:
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
News Staff
Posts: 6318
News Credits: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: The World That Never Was
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Techorgan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:55 am

I'll summarize my extremely honest thoughts of this Transformers: The Last Knight Voyager Class Optimus Prime in 4 parts: Truck mode, transformation, robot mode, weapons & storage based on the video review. :BOT:

For his Western Star truck mode, this is the most accurate design compared to the AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime, for the latter's (AOE Leader Class version) cabin & passenger compartment are a bit longer than his real-life counterpart (Western Star truck) and of course, this Voyager Class one right here. He looks great! :D The paint detail is alright to be honest and I think a much more brighter red on the flames will dig it :-?. The problem is all the wheels are not painted... & his robot mode legs can be seen at the back part where the hitch & the rear wheels are located, which honestly don't bother me too much. ;) & from what the kid mentioned, as I believe all current ground-based alt mode Transformers toys will have the same problem, the wheels don't roll very well due to them being simply pegged into the slots unlike the old ones where they used metal pins to connect the wheels & the slots. :BANG_HEAD:

For the transformation, he obviously doesn't look too complicated to transform. And I say not too complicated to transform means he doesn't have too many small flddly parts & the parts are quite blocky which makes the transformation a lot easier & fun. In addition, in comparison to how he transforms in the movie, :HASBRO: managed to replicate his transformation to make it a lot more screen-accurate while not being too cumbersome & too many parts. :APPLAUSE:

And for the robot mode, same as his truck mode, he has the most screen-accurate design compared to the AOE Leader Class version. His molding is very detailed, & I do believe he is extremely poseable too like most Transformers toys. :-? What's interesting is he like his AOE Leader Class version, he has waist articulation. And the back kibble (the roof of the truck cabin) doesn't bother me very much, it sits there very well. :D However, the biggest gripe to me as well as everyone is the paint apps. :HEADHURTS: The armor panel beside his arms are just metallic blue with no flame details, & the chest pieces are just solid red with metallic blue paint (again no flame details), his head has too little silver paint detailing & the armor panels at the side of his legs are unpainted, which makes the toy look kinda cheap... But for the paint apps on his shoulder pads beside his head & the crotch armor, they look fine to me, same goes for the rest of his body parts. :-?

For his weapons, and again, same goes for his truck mode & robot mode, the weapons designs really dig it too & 100% screen accurate! & the toy holds them very well. For the paint apps, the orange colour on the knight sword looks alright to me (maybe to give it an Energon glow or something which never happened for this sword unlike his former dual Energon swords). :-? As for the gun-shield weapon, I don't get why they choose a cheap-looking bright blue as the ideal paint for the detailing... For me, a brighter red will do.

Finally for his weapons storage, it's 50-50 to me. I like the fact that :HASBRO: designed two sword sheaths for under his truck & the back of his robot mode for easy storage. For the gun-shield weapon, its only storage is the hitch of his truck mode, which I think is partially ok to be honest, but unfortunately, it can't be stored at the back of his robot like the sword does.

Overall, I think this Voyager Class Optimus Prime looks okay to me. Not too bad & not too great. His pros are obviously on the designs & his transformation, but not for the paint apps. Still, I'll be eager to see what :TAKARATOMY: will do to improve this toy. Who knows? :-? Only time will tell. ;)
Last edited by Techorgan on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Techorgan
Mini-Con
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 am

Motto: "Unbiased objectivity leads to truth in all matters."
Weapon: Black Magic
Techorgan wrote:Overall, I think this Voyager Class Optimus Prime looks okay to me. Not too bad & not too great. His pros are obviously on the designs, but not for the paint apps. Still, I'll be eager to see what :TAKARATOMY: will do to improve this toy. Who knows? :-? Only time will tell. ;)

I promise you, if you can wait, TT will definitely release a much better version of this mold - they always have
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
News Staff
Posts: 6318
News Credits: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: The World That Never Was
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Techorgan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:23 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Techorgan wrote:Overall, I think this Voyager Class Optimus Prime looks okay to me. Not too bad & not too great. His pros are obviously on the designs, but not for the paint apps. Still, I'll be eager to see what :TAKARATOMY: will do to improve this toy. Who knows? :-? Only time will tell. ;)

I promise you, if you can wait, TT will definitely release a much better version of this mold - they always have


Yup, that's true! Since 2012 or 2013 something, :TAKARATOMY: was famous for improving the designs (if neccessary) & most obviously, the paint apps, on all Hasbro's Transformers toys, but are sold even more expensive compared to :HASBRO: 's due to the amount of improvements made & paint used. In my opinion, :HASBRO: 's Transformers toys are for children while :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys are for adult collectors & display only. I think this only applies for current ones only. For those since 1984 until 2011, both :HASBRO: 's & :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys look almost the same (high quality plastic which makes great durability, awesome package & toy designs, highly detailed paint apps, much larger size & a motherload of innovative features & gimmicks! Don't u think? :-?
Techorgan
Mini-Con
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 am

Motto: "Unbiased objectivity leads to truth in all matters."
Weapon: Black Magic
Techorgan wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Techorgan wrote:Overall, I think this Voyager Class Optimus Prime looks okay to me. Not too bad & not too great. His pros are obviously on the designs, but not for the paint apps. Still, I'll be eager to see what :TAKARATOMY: will do to improve this toy. Who knows? :-? Only time will tell. ;)

I promise you, if you can wait, TT will definitely release a much better version of this mold - they always have


Yup, that's true! Since 2012 or 2013 something, :TAKARATOMY: was famous for improving the designs (if neccessary) & most obviously, the paint apps, on all Hasbro's Transformers toys, but are sold even more expensive compared to :HASBRO: 's due to the amount of improvements made & paint used. In my opinion, :HASBRO: 's Transformers toys are for children while :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys are for adult collectors & display only. I think this only applies for current ones only. For those since 1984 until 2011, both :HASBRO: 's & :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys look almost the same (high quality plastic which makes great durability, awesome package & toy designs, highly detailed paint apps, much larger size & a motherload of innovative features & gimmicks! Don't u think? :-?

Well, I was referencing the aoe leader prime that TT improved so much upon, but yeah, basically
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
News Staff
Posts: 6318
News Credits: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: The World That Never Was
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:44 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
The paint apps don't bother me too much as I can add most it myself and Reprolabels will almost certainly release a set to add missing flames and such.

I'm a lil too wary about importing japanese TFs these days after the last few purchases I made or tried to make had issues and silly customs fees. Unless the Takara one is a spectucular improvement on what is already looking like a pretty cool figure I'll go with Hasbro here.
Likes: Movieverse, Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie.
Dislikes: Animated, G1 cartoon series, IDW G1, Beast Wars/Machines, Masterpiece
Image
Fave figures: RotF Bludgeon, Titans Megatron, Evasion Optimus Prime, 2007 Arcee, AoE Voyager Grimlock, 30th Springer, Sidearms Sideswipe, RotF Leader Optimus Prime
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Headmaster
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Techorgan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Techorgan wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Techorgan wrote:Overall, I think this Voyager Class Optimus Prime looks okay to me. Not too bad & not too great. His pros are obviously on the designs, but not for the paint apps. Still, I'll be eager to see what :TAKARATOMY: will do to improve this toy. Who knows? :-? Only time will tell. ;)

I promise you, if you can wait, TT will definitely release a much better version of this mold - they always have


Yup, that's true! Since 2012 or 2013 something, :TAKARATOMY: was famous for improving the designs (if neccessary) & most obviously, the paint apps, on all Hasbro's Transformers toys, but are sold even more expensive compared to :HASBRO: 's due to the amount of improvements made & paint used. In my opinion, :HASBRO: 's Transformers toys are for children while :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys are for adult collectors & display only. I think this only applies for current ones only. For those since 1984 until 2011, both :HASBRO: 's & :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys look almost the same (high quality plastic which makes great durability, awesome package & toy designs, highly detailed paint apps, much larger size & a motherload of innovative features & gimmicks! Don't u think? :-?


Well, I was referencing the aoe leader prime that TT improved so much upon, but yeah, basically


;)
Techorgan
Mini-Con
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:47 am

Motto: "The universe is cold, and cruel, and violent—but only if you choose to look at it that way. For every act of aggression there are a thousand acts of kindness. For every hateful word, a million declarations of love. The good always outweighs the bad."
Weapon: High-Amplification Directional Radiowave Sensor
Techorgan wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Techorgan wrote:Overall, I think this Voyager Class Optimus Prime looks okay to me. Not too bad & not too great. His pros are obviously on the designs, but not for the paint apps. Still, I'll be eager to see what :TAKARATOMY: will do to improve this toy. Who knows? :-? Only time will tell. ;)

I promise you, if you can wait, TT will definitely release a much better version of this mold - they always have


Yup, that's true! Since 2012 or 2013 something, :TAKARATOMY: was famous for improving the designs (if neccessary) & most obviously, the paint apps, on all Hasbro's Transformers toys, but are sold even more expensive compared to :HASBRO: 's due to the amount of improvements made & paint used. In my opinion, :HASBRO: 's Transformers toys are for children while :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys are for adult collectors & display only. I think this only applies for current ones only. For those since 1984 until 2011, both :HASBRO: 's & :TAKARATOMY: 's Transformers toys look almost the same (high quality plastic which makes great durability, awesome package & toy designs, highly detailed paint apps, much larger size & a motherload of innovative features & gimmicks! Don't u think? :-?

Not necessarily.
First off, Takara's toys cost more because they're imports - if you lived in Japan, paying for say Alpha Bravo or G2 Bruticus would be the equivalent of us importing a Takara toy.

Secondly... it's kind of mix and match. These days it seems to be less and less that Takara's paint apps are superior and more that they offer something different. Sometimes they are still indeed categorically better in every way - Titans Return Scourge and Blurr, for instance - but other times like with Titans Return Chromedome, Astrotrain, Combiner Wars Bruticus etc. they just offer a different take on the character - such as show-accuracy vs toy accuracy. I personally prefer the Hasbro decos of all three aforementioned toys, but other collectors (especially those predisposed towards the original G1 cartoon) would find much more value in the Takara decoes.
Image


"Fortress Maximus prepare for your death today you're gonna die"
~Megazark
Kurona
News Staff
Posts: 5004
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TRANSFORMERS EZ COLLECTION HOT ROD RODIMUS G1 LEGENDS CLASS - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 33 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS SCAVENGER w/ROLLBAR MINI CON Armada Action Figures COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 34 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Generations Voyager Class DOUBLEDEALER - MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 35 minutes 25 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Classics GENERATIONS WHEELJACK HASBRO MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 35 minutes 27 seconds
McDonald's Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime Bumblebee Mask - Time Remaining: 19 days 7 hours 43 minutes 9 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG 34 MINDWIPE HEAD MASTER ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 seconds
First Edition Optimus Prime Transformers 4 Age of Extinctiion Exclusive Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 9 minutes 13 seconds
Strafe Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Hasbro Age of Extinction NIP 2014 - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 12 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017
Twincast / Podcast #170:
"NC Comicon 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Website Security Test