Page 271 of 287

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:13 pm
by WreckerJack
Deadput wrote:"Does that look like a consumer friendly face to you?"

Joshua Joyce

I think it being hilarious is more reason to buy it.

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Soundwave Variant Facesculpt Found

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 pm
by Sarahthecutevixen
Sabrblade wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:Took me a bit to find it but someone on Tfw2005 added some silver paint to his soundwave on the face where it was raised up and itseems to match the faceplate variant So I am sure it is paint like people suggested
You can see in the pic that the blue-mouthplated one is MOSC. How could it be painted while it was still inside its unopened packaging?

And that the pic show the mouthplate to be seamlessly molded to the head's cheeks, whereas the silver-painted one does have noticeable seams between the silver paint and the blue plastic cheeks.

because it is a variant on paint, not on a new molding, or hasbro is weirder than we thought,

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Soundwave Variant Facesculpt Found

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:45 pm
by Sabrblade
GalvatronG1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:Took me a bit to find it but someone on Tfw2005 added some silver paint to his soundwave on the face where it was raised up and itseems to match the faceplate variant So I am sure it is paint like people suggested
You can see in the pic that the blue-mouthplated one is MOSC. How could it be painted while it was still inside its unopened packaging?

And that the pic show the mouthplate to be seamlessly molded to the head's cheeks, whereas the silver-painted one does have noticeable seams between the silver paint and the blue plastic cheeks.

because it is a variant on paint, not on a new molding, or hasbro is weirder than we thought,
The guy who found the toy confirmed that it was molding, not paint. And posted more comparison pics of it with the normal full-visored version.

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Soundwave Variant Facesculpt Found

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 pm
by Sarahthecutevixen
Sabrblade wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:Took me a bit to find it but someone on Tfw2005 added some silver paint to his soundwave on the face where it was raised up and itseems to match the faceplate variant So I am sure it is paint like people suggested
You can see in the pic that the blue-mouthplated one is MOSC. How could it be painted while it was still inside its unopened packaging?

And that the pic show the mouthplate to be seamlessly molded to the head's cheeks, whereas the silver-painted one does have noticeable seams between the silver paint and the blue plastic cheeks.

because it is a variant on paint, not on a new molding, or hasbro is weirder than we thought,
The guy who found the toy confirmed that it was molding, not paint. And posted more comparison pics of it with the normal full-visored version.
true he did report that, but I am weird and would of bought it and disassembled the head to check to get undeniable proof outside of photos MOSC, but that's just me. If it is a new mold, it seems weird to make a new tooling for what could be done in paint. also has that been seen anywhere else, because i ordered one on amazon and i am curious if i get the full visor one, I like that look more,

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:07 am
by chuckdawg1999
Few more thoughts on the Combiner Teams:

Menasor is easier to swap around as he fits the "traditional" combiner scheme. Unfortunately, you can only swap the arms with Ultra Bee due to how Ultra Bee comes together. You can attach the pants of Crash Combiners, but I would recommend using Sideswipe and Strongarm; jet guy's tail fins get in the way a bit. Also, the torsos can't attach to Menasor's boots because of the leg connection. The swapping gimmick will probably gain traction once more sets are released.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Transforming Watches Sighted at US Retail

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:24 pm
by Va'al
Fellow Seibertronian carytheone has sent us a sighting from Baton Rouge's (LA) Toys'R'Us that for some may feel like a blast from the past in new clothes: from the Transformers: Robots in Disguise product lines, we have a sighting for transformable watches! Molded after Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, each for $14.99, the two items featured a working LCD display, and the whole thing can be removed and made to stand as a robot in and of itself. Check them out!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:20 pm
by Sabrblade
That Bumblebee's the Movieverse Bee. Weird that they'd put that in the RID line.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:48 pm
by Kurona
The Optimus seems a little closer to his movieverse self too.

Also, what is up with that packaging art? Optimus is extremely angry while Bee's got his flirt on.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:32 pm
by Sabrblade
Kurona wrote:The Optimus seems a little closer to his movieverse self too.
Upon closer inspection, he looks a little more TF: Prime-ish to me.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:33 pm
by WreckerJack
Kurona wrote:The Optimus seems a little closer to his movieverse self too.

Also, what is up with that packaging art? Optimus is extremely angry while Bee's got his flirt on.


I was going to say Bee looks like he's tired but pretending to be interested, but that works too. (I make that same face when I am sleepy and trying to listen to an instructor I am sure)

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:57 pm
by no-one
I didn't notice that Bee was BayBee until after I was looking at the pics with my wife. There's a flipping Chevy bowtie on his chest.

I studied Prime pretty hard, and he just looks like an amalgam of various OPs.

I got some serious nostalgic vibes and really wanted to want one, but they didn't quite do it for me and I was afraid they may not fit my wrist. Maybe they'll release a few more characters.

If Playmates follows suite with Voltron... :michaelbay:

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:24 pm
by engledogg

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:45 pm
by Zeedust
carytheone wrote:I studied Prime pretty hard, and he just looks like an amalgam of various OPs.


Let's be honest, most Optimus Prime heads look pretty much the same.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:19 pm
by Jelze Bunnycat


Very good eye! So it looks like they're both Movie-verse after all.

Never Revealed Redecos of Robots in Disguise 3-Steps Found in Stores in New Wave

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:29 pm
by william-james88
The Robots in Disguise line is really left short of consumer awareness through official product reveals. We have yet again, brand new toys we did not know were coming out found at retail. This happens to be part of the Soundwave 3-Step Wave. Joining Soundwave is a redeco of two older molds, Steeljaw and Bumblebee. It is rather odd that it is a reeco of the older Bumblebee 3-step toy and not the new one and even more odd that it is of a deco that is strinkingly similar to the Toysrus Exclusive Clash of the Transformers redeco/retool from two years ago. These were all found at Target in Saratoga, CA, by TFW2005 member JukeOutlander.

This TF fan was kind enough to even share the UPC codes for any fans keeping track.

Enjoy these "newly revealed" toys!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:17 pm
by Sabrblade
The "tech" line details make me think of the Power Surge toys from last year.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:32 pm
by ScottyP
These have been known about since Toy Fair I thought? At least the Australian one. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:27 pm
by william-james88
ScottyP wrote:These have been known about since Toy Fair I thought? At least the Australian one. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Your not imagining anything, you just have a better memory than me (and everyone at TFW :-$ ), making some edits :)

Image

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:45 pm
by Jelze Bunnycat
I'd like to add something if you guys don't mind.

Sabrblade wrote:The "tech" line details make me think of the Power Surge toys from last year.


... and this is why. The redecos all have added "titles". Here's what I can see:

Bumblebee: Power Surge Bumblebee
Thunderhoof: Seismic Shock Thunderhoof
Steeljaw: Cybertron Strike Steeljaw

Grimlock is the only one I can't figure out. *EDIT*... because he's a new mold, not a redeco. Durh 8-}

And am I the only one who thinks trademarking the "Hyper-something" is kind of dumb?

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 am
by Sarahthecutevixen
anyone think RID Soundwave weighs more than Prime Soundwave?

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:41 am
by PrymeStriker
GalvatronG1 wrote:anyone think RID Soundwave weighs more than Prime Soundwave?


I personally didn't realize they had McDonald's in the Shadowzone. >:oP

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:56 pm
by Sarahthecutevixen
PrymeStriker wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:anyone think RID Soundwave weighs more than Prime Soundwave?


I personally didn't realize they had McDonald's in the Shadowzone. >:oP

Ok that was funny, but i mean the toys,

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:03 pm
by Sarahthecutevixen
CF Warrior Soundwave 2.86oz
PRID Deluxe Soundwave 1.69oz

Huh, new one is heavier

for scraps and giggles

BH Deluxe soundwave W/ Weapon 2.33oz W/O 2.12oz
WFC Deluxe Soundwave 3.53oz,

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:14 pm
by Zeedust
PrymeStriker wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:anyone think RID Soundwave weighs more than Prime Soundwave?


I personally didn't realize they had McDonald's in the Shadowzone. >:oP


Sure they do, it's right between the speech therapist and the Mini-Con adoption agency.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:57 pm
by PrymeStriker
Zeedust wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
GalvatronG1 wrote:anyone think RID Soundwave weighs more than Prime Soundwave?


I personally didn't realize they had McDonald's in the Shadowzone. >:oP


Sure they do, it's right between the speech therapist and the Mini-Con adoption agency.


:lol: My life is complete.