Page 102 of 118

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 am
by Emerje
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:I didn't realize this hadn't already been posted. I saw Krok and Quake at a couple Ross stores in Panama City and Pensacola last week.

Yeah, I don't have a Ross in the state, but I've seen a few people post about this in the forums. I guess I just assumed they'd already been in the news.

Don't bother checking TJMaxx, they're full priced there.

Emerje


I'm surprised to hear that. I don't think I've ever seen "full priced" Transformers at Marshall's or TJ Maxx before.

They botched the original price, saying it was $20-something so they only marked it down to $16.99 or so. I had posted a photo of the price tag, but can't find it, it's on the forum somewhere. Others have found the same thing so it's a chain-wide issue.

Emerje

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 am
by Kyleor
Lucky, I haven't seen any Transformers in any Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross near me in about a year I think.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:30 am
by carytheone
Kyleor wrote:Lucky, I haven't seen any Transformers in any Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross near me in about a year I think.
Ditto, last TFs I saw at TJ Max were deluxe Combiner Wars figures wave 6 and AoE deluxes at Marshalls. Been kind of a drought at the discount stores as of late.

Trypticon in Ollies Sale Flyer for $49.99 starts Thursday 5/17

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 am
by EmoTim
Hi all,
I was following the Trypticon Ollies thread from about a month ago and came across this in the sales flyer for starting tomorrow, Thursday 5/17/2018. It's not as good as the previously reported $12 or so, but this is still a pretty great deal for a pretty cool Transformer.

20180516_104955 (1).jpg
Ollie's Ad

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:21 pm
by Scramjet
Oh snaps errybody.

OH SNAPS!!

TOMORROW!! TODAY IN SOME PLACES!!
Trypticon.JPG


If you're a scalper, and you go buy them up, I don't wish you harm. Although I really hope you have a tire blow out and have to unload your trunk to get to your spare tire or jack or tools, and it's raining, and all the boxes and your profits are ruined.

Just sayin'.

8-)

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm
by o.supreme
^ ?? I got a perfectly good 3 speed fan at walmart for that same price...not sure where the deal is... ;)

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:30 pm
by Scramjet
o.supreme wrote:^ ?? I got a perfectly good 3 speed fan at walmart for that same price...not sure where the deal is... ;)
I mean, I'd go for the fan!! :lol: :lol:

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm
by Scramjet
Waitasecond..where'd that other post come from?!

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm
by carytheone
itscramtastic wrote:Waitasecond..where'd that other post come from?!
Awe man, you got ninja'd :(

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:06 pm
by Scramjet
But I didn't! I got a "reply to thread" notification that wasn't the post from o.supreme and the only one was that other one between your post and mine!!

CRAZY THINGS ARE AFOOT!! KREMZEEKS ARE ERRYWHERE!!

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm
by carytheone
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't!
I'm talking about the person that posted the ollie's thing before you. That's what I thought you were talking about. :-?

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm
by Scramjet
carytheone wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't!
I'm talking about the person that posted the ollie's thing before you. That's what I thought you were talking about. :-?
That's what I'm saying! :lol:

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:25 pm
by Cobotron
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't! I got a "reply to thread" notification that wasn't the post from o.supreme and the only one was that other one between your post and mine!!

CRAZY THINGS ARE AFOOT!! KREMZEEKS ARE ERRYWHERE!!
Nope. First time poster sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved, it sends a email notification regardless of when it was posted.

WELCOME EMOTIM!!!! Thanks for the post!

Good luck to all who have access to Ollie's! ;)^

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:29 pm
by Scramjet
Cobotron wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't! I got a "reply to thread" notification that wasn't the post from o.supreme and the only one was that other one between your post and mine!!

CRAZY THINGS ARE AFOOT!! KREMZEEKS ARE ERRYWHERE!!
Nope. First time poster sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved, it sends a email notification regardless of when it was posted.
Well, you ninja'd me Cobotron. I'll remember this day!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:31 pm
by carytheone
itscramtastic wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't! I got a "reply to thread" notification that wasn't the post from o.supreme and the only one was that other one between your post and mine!!

CRAZY THINGS ARE AFOOT!! KREMZEEKS ARE ERRYWHERE!!
Nope. First time poster sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved, it sends a email notification regardless of when it was posted.
Well, you ninja'd me Cobotron. I'll remember this day!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew the mods were out to get us :shock:

The closet Ollies to me is almost 4 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 pm
by Scramjet
carytheone wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Nope. First time poster sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved, it sends a email notification regardless of when it was posted.
Well, you ninja'd me Cobotron. I'll remember this day!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew the mods were out to get us :shock:

The closet Ollies to me is 3 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o
6 hours is a haul round trip, BUT THINK OF THE ADVENTURES TRYPTICON WILL HAVE ON THE TRIP BACK!!

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 pm
by carytheone
itscramtastic wrote:
carytheone wrote:The closet Ollies to me is almost 4 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o
6 hours is a haul round trip, BUT THINK OF THE ADVENTURES TRYPTICON WILL HAVE ON THE TRIP BACK!!
I had the time wrong, 4 hours actually. In gas and time spent, I could just pay a robro for shipping 8-)

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 pm
by Scramjet
carytheone wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
carytheone wrote:The closet Ollies to me is almost 4 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o
6 hours is a haul round trip, BUT THINK OF THE ADVENTURES TRYPTICON WILL HAVE ON THE TRIP BACK!!
I had the time wrong, 4 hours actually. In gas and time spent, I could just pay a robro for shipping 8-)
It's true. You could. ;)^

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:33 pm
by AlphaBass
itscramtastic wrote:Oh snaps errybody.

OH SNAPS!!

TOMORROW!! TODAY IN SOME PLACES!!
Trypticon.JPG


If you're a scalper, and you go buy them up, I don't wish you harm. Although I really hope you have a tire blow out and have to unload your trunk to get to your spare tire or jack or tools, and it's raining, and all the boxes and your profits are ruined.

Just sayin'.

8-)

I've got access to an Ollie's about 10 minutes from my house. Hope it's still there and I can use my 15% off coupon....

Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm
by D-Maximal_Primal
Thanks to a heads up from new user EmoTim and long time member Itscramtastic, we have news that Ollies, source of many insane Transformers deals over the past month or so, has advertised that starting tomorrow, the stores will be carrying Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99!

Now this price may not surprise many people, seeing as how we have had sightings of Trypticon at Ollies for as low as $12 in the past month or 2, but this is the first time it is being advertised, and it must be a big deal if it made Ollies catalog. The original price for this figure was $149.99 (instead of the advertised $139.99, which was a price found on later, price lowered units), so this is a $100 savings if you can find the figure! The sale is listed as officially starting tomorrow.

Ready to hunt down the giant Decepticon kaiju? Good luck hunting, and let us know if you find 1 or many more in the comments section below as well as in our Toy Haul Thread!

Image

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:11 pm
by Black Bumblebee
I have heard of people finding the wave that had Misfire and Twintwist at Ollies recently as well. If anyone finds these, please put them up on ebay for a reasonable price.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 pm
by JChewning
Yes they have had multiple different figures, including Misfire and Twin Twist (although they ran out really fast!) and just got a $49.99 Trypticon today!

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 pm
by Emerje
Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:I didn't realize this hadn't already been posted. I saw Krok and Quake at a couple Ross stores in Panama City and Pensacola last week.

Yeah, I don't have a Ross in the state, but I've seen a few people post about this in the forums. I guess I just assumed they'd already been in the news.

Don't bother checking TJMaxx, they're full priced there.

Emerje


I'm surprised to hear that. I don't think I've ever seen "full priced" Transformers at Marshall's or TJ Maxx before.

They botched the original price, saying it was $20-something so they only marked it down to $16.99 or so. I had posted a photo of the price tag, but can't find it, it's on the forum somewhere. Others have found the same thing so it's a chain-wide issue.

Emerje

Went back Wednesday to get another shot of the price tag on Triggerhappy showing $16.99 based on an original $22! Still a dollar cheaper than Walgreens...

20180516_193217.jpg


They also had a random Voyager Optimus Prime in a mangled box for an excellent $12.99. Sure, that makes sense. Passed since I already have two.

20180516_193111.jpg


Emerje

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 am
by fenrir72
Is this the fixed hips version? :???:

the $ 49.99 Trypticon that is.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
by o.supreme
fenrir72 wrote:Is this the fixed hips version? :???:

the $ 49.99 Trypticon that is.


That just occurred to me last night. Perhaps the reason why these have sold so inexpensively is that these are the initial "bad batch" (Hip spring too big, warped green plastic door etc...), has anyone opened and played with any of these (even the previous $20 ones), to confirm? For what its worth, My Trypticon was purchased at a local TRU back in September (never saw it on the shelf, just happened to look behind the customer service desk and had to swindle it from the clerk), and it has no problems. So I don't think any of us knows the timeframe of when the fix exactly occurred, or how many defective ones were manufactured.