Page 31 of 75

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm
by william-james88
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:If we're gonna go by previous releases:

Astrotrain
TF Collection (black and white)
Commemorative Series (black and white)
e-Hobby (colors inspired by prototype)
Platinum Edition (vaguely looks like Victory MachTackle)

Perceptor
TF Collection
e-Hobby Magnificus
Universe 2008
Platinum Edition

Ok, that's no help...

No, thats good, it means that an actual g1 astrotrain has never been reissued.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:33 pm
by o.supreme
william-james88 wrote:No, thats good, it means that an actual g1 astrotrain has never been reissued.


well toy accurate ones have, just not an "animated series/toy production model" accurate one...

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm
by Wolfman Jake
o.supreme wrote:I may be wrong on some, as I swore there was a Platinum Edition 3-pack of the original 3 seekers, but couldn't find any info on it.


I'm 99% sure you're thinking of the "Conehead" Seeker Platinum Edition 3-Pack from a few years ago. It was a Target exclusive.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:05 pm
by william-james88
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:No, thats good, it means that an actual g1 astrotrain has never been reissued.


well toy accurate ones have, just not an "animated series/toy production model" accurate one...

No, hasbro toy accurate ones never have.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:06 pm
by Amelie
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:No, thats good, it means that an actual g1 astrotrain has never been reissued.


well toy accurate ones have, just not an "animated series/toy production model" accurate one...


Actually, only Japanese white\black versions have been reissued. The purple\white\black of the "international" release (Europe, Mexico, USA ect) hasn't been reissued yet.

:edit: William-James literally beat me by seconds...

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:30 pm
by LordBludgeon
I still have my Toys R Us Exclusive Universe Perceptor, so my vote is Astrotrain for sure. Even if I didn't have Perceptor, I'd still vote for Astrotrain.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 pm
by Ironhidensh
Seibertron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Seems like they way overproduced Hotrod. Of all the reissues, I've seen Starscream 3 times, and Devastator 2 times, and I've NEVER seen the minibots in store, but I always see Hotrod, and plenty of him.
Yeah, they've been keeps shelves cozy since they hit. I had a feeling we could get HR at close out prices. In my area, Starscream isn't doing much better. I'm hoping to roll up on a discount at somepoint. Devy on the other hand is here today and gone tomorrow.

I guess it's not just Decepticons that love combiners.


Man what area do you live in that has Starscream? I haven't seen him in stores since the weekend before Halloween. The results on brickseek don't seem to be correct for the NW Chicago suburbs so I'm having difficulty getting my hands on one. I thought for sure there'd be a lot of stock available in time for the Bumblebee movie, but it doesn't seem like it at the moment.


If you fancy a small drive, the South Bend, IN area Walmarts are all still full of Starscreams. Only about 2ish hours away from you... :lol:

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 pm
by no-one
Ironhidensh wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Seems like they way overproduced Hotrod. Of all the reissues, I've seen Starscream 3 times, and Devastator 2 times, and I've NEVER seen the minibots in store, but I always see Hotrod, and plenty of him.
Yeah, they've been keeps shelves cozy since they hit. I had a feeling we could get HR at close out prices. In my area, Starscream isn't doing much better. I'm hoping to roll up on a discount at somepoint. Devy on the other hand is here today and gone tomorrow.

I guess it's not just Decepticons that love combiners.


Man what area do you live in that has Starscream? I haven't seen him in stores since the weekend before Halloween. The results on brickseek don't seem to be correct for the NW Chicago suburbs so I'm having difficulty getting my hands on one. I thought for sure there'd be a lot of stock available in time for the Bumblebee movie, but it doesn't seem like it at the moment.


If you fancy a small drive, the South Bend, IN area Walmarts are all still full of Starscreams. Only about 2ish hours away from you... :lol:
Gas is probably cheaper than shipping right now and who doesn't love a road trip?

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 pm
by joevill
voted

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 pm
by Emerje
I wish we could have gotten more info than just "this guy or that guy" to go off of when voting. I voted for Astrotrain because I think I'd be happy with any standard version of him, but I'm curious if they would have even considered coloring Perceptor like his box art/prototype because I could possibly have been convinced to choose that based on its unusualness.

Emerje

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 pm
by Wolfman Jake
Seibertron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Seems like they way overproduced Hotrod. Of all the reissues, I've seen Starscream 3 times, and Devastator 2 times, and I've NEVER seen the minibots in store, but I always see Hotrod, and plenty of him.
Yeah, they've been keeps shelves cozy since they hit. I had a feeling we could get HR at close out prices. In my area, Starscream isn't doing much better. I'm hoping to roll up on a discount at somepoint. Devy on the other hand is here today and gone tomorrow.

I guess it's not just Decepticons that love combiners.


Man what area do you live in that has Starscream? I haven't seen him in stores since the weekend before Halloween. The results on brickseek don't seem to be correct for the NW Chicago suburbs so I'm having difficulty getting my hands on one. I thought for sure there'd be a lot of stock available in time for the Bumblebee movie, but it doesn't seem like it at the moment.


You can try ordering online from Walmart.com and see if they'll do a "ship to store" option for you. You should be able to pick it up at the Walmart of your choice in a matter of days for the same price you would pay off the shelf (e.g., no shipping costs).

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:11 am
by Jelze Bunnycat
Amelie wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:No, thats good, it means that an actual g1 astrotrain has never been reissued.


well toy accurate ones have, just not an "animated series/toy production model" accurate one...


Actually, only Japanese white\black versions have been reissued. The purple\white\black of the "international" release (Europe, Mexico, USA ect) hasn't been reissued yet.

:edit: William-James literally beat me by seconds...


And that would be the crux of the situation. The art used suggests the original Hasbro colors, which would be a first indeed. In case anyone wonders, the original Takara release had different art:

Vintage Takara D-48 Astrotrain courtesy of the Super Toy Archive

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:26 am
by ZeldaTheSwordsman
I would bet that art was originally done for the intended release as a Diaclone toy. It's the same style as a lot of other Diaclone-originating box art.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 am
by no-one
Astrotrain brought the pain and won round one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSem4SlAF7 ... 5iyg4qnfsp

TC all the way!

G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 am
by Amelie
Thanks to Instagram user AVP_Toys via ToyShiz, we finally have confirmation of Walmart exclusive minibots being on sale at retail at $7.86 each!

We have mirrored the image below and the link to the Instagram post can be found Here, on ToyShiz's feed.

Image

The reissued Minibots are Swerve, Tailgate, Outback and Bumblebee who sports a G1 cartoon accurate head sculpt. This version of G1 Bumblebee was first released back in 2004 as part of the Transformers Collection reissues as part of a six-toy set featuring other minibots.

Have you found the Minibots at discounted retail yet? Let us know in the thread.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 am
by Short Circuit
Crazy considering I haven't seen a single one. :???:

Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:31 am
by ZeroWolf
Thanks to an update from fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone, we can now confirm that Astrotrain has won the first round of voting to see if he can make it to Walmart shelves in 2020.

Image

His opponent will be decided today as it's now Thundercracker and Skywarp's turn to go head to head. Voting is now open for round 2, so as long as you're an Instagram and Facebook user, go and vote to see who you want to see back in the shops. [ur=https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSem4SlAF7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jn5iyg4qnfsp]Please go here to cast your vote.[/url]

Image

Do you want to see one of these Seekers back in action again? Are you happy that Astrotrain prevailed over Perceptor? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 am
by Sabrblade
Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:48 am
by Amelie
For me - it has to be Thundercracker. He is the template for the animation model, after all. What surprises me at the moment is there is a lack of Blitzwing reissue, given he is in the Bumblebee movie, too.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:50 am
by Dr. Caelus
Amelie wrote:The reissued Minibots are Swerve, Windcharger, Outback and Bumblebee who sports a G1 cartoon accurate head sculpt. This version of G1 Bumblebee was first released back in 2004 as part of the Transformers Collection reissues as part of a six-toy set featuring other minibots.


Tailgate, not Windcharger.

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:05 am
by Amelie
Caelus wrote:
Amelie wrote:The reissued Minibots are Swerve, Windcharger, Outback and Bumblebee who sports a G1 cartoon accurate head sculpt. This version of G1 Bumblebee was first released back in 2004 as part of the Transformers Collection reissues as part of a six-toy set featuring other minibots.


Tailgate, not Windcharger.


:WHISTLE: ...

Thanks for the point out. ;)^

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:11 am
by ScottyP
Sabrblade wrote:Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!
How do I vote for a teleporting Skywarp? That would be neat.

It would be nice to not have to choose though, I agree. Really dug how the WM Starscream had gold tampo for the eyes in lieu of that damn sticker!

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 am
by ZeldaTheSwordsman
I hate Mall-wart. But those prices are tempting. Especially for Bumblebee because of what I see G1 Bumblebees selling for on eBay (why I don't have him yet).

Re: 2018 G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:03 am
by Amelie
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I hate Mall-wart. But those prices are tempting. Especially for Bumblebee because of what I see G1 Bumblebees selling for on eBay (why I don't have him yet).


Ignore eBay. Check some Facebook groups for him. It really shouldn't cost you more than £15 for a pretty nice, loose G1 Bumblebee.

Its worth getting this reissue for the new head, though. I'm really pleased with mine - I've been after this version since Takara reissued it, but I was loathe to pay all that money on the whole set.

Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 am
by Overcracker
ZeroWolf wrote:Thanks to an update from fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone, we can now confirm that Astrotrain has won the first round of voting to see if he can make it to Walmart shelves in 2020.

Image

His opponent will be decided today as it's now Thundercracker and Skywarp's turn to go head to head. Voting is now open for round 2, so as long as you're an Instagram and Facebook user, go and vote to see who you want to see back in the shops. [ur=https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSem4SlAF7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jn5iyg4qnfsp]Please go here to cast your vote.[/url]

Image

Do you want to see one of these Seekers back in action again? Are you happy that Astrotrain prevailed over Perceptor? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.



Very cool to have a chance at an Astrotrain in correct colors again. Maybe Blitzwing can get another shot too. These 2 garner big nostalgia for me as I had them as a kid, but lost them.


I'd go for Skywarp over TC. Already have Commemorative TC, a G1 Skywarp would go nicely with it.