Page 1 of 1

eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:06 am
by zodconvoy
So I'm still unemployed and have been selling some of my Transformers to pay the bills and I tried to sell the MP Megatron's stock and silencer that Justitoys put out. After about 10 minutes I double check what I'm selling to update my signature here and they've pulled it and left me this message:
eBay wrote:Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

Silencers, including those for toy, airsoft and replica guns, are not permitted on the site. Please do not relist this item.

We don't allow the sale of most types of firearms and firearm-related items, including:
- Ammunition
- Firearms
- Flares, flare launchers, or flare guns
- Kits for building firearms
- Parts or accessories that allow guns to fire

If your item is okay to list on eBay, you'll need to follow these guidelines:
-- Offer domestic shipping only. International shipping isn't allowed because that would make the product available in countries where your item might be prohibited.
-- Make sure your item complies with the California Penal Code covering the sale of weapons.
-- When including a picture of your item, don't show anything that's not allowed to be listed on eBay. If it does, the listing may be removed.


What the hell? I bought it on eBay only a few months ago and their policy updates (yes, I actually read them) haven't changed reguarding weapons collectables since then. It was the version with the yellow plug from BBTS. I included the yellow plug (since it's technically incomplete without it) and stated in my rightup that it complies with all the state and federal laws (copied straight from the BBTS write up.) Plus the thing's size of a hair drier! I don't want to relist it without the word "silencer" which is what I think the actual problem is and without the international option only to have it cancelled again and be punished for it! What should I do?

Re: eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:11 am
by Dread_Wing
I suppose you could list it as Justitoys Masterpiece Megatron upgrade kit, and use a pic of it in Cannon mode as opposed to looking like bits of a real gun?

Re: eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:23 am
by Mykltron
Dread_Wing wrote:I suppose you could list it as Justitoys Masterpiece Megatron upgrade kit, and use a pic of it in Cannon mode as opposed to looking like bits of a real gun?


That sounds like a good idea. I'd have thought people looking for it would be searching for something like 'Megatron MP upgrade'.

Re: eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:34 am
by fenrir72
WTF? Maybe you should have painted it orange?

Re: eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:37 am
by Counterpunch
Honestly? Best thing you can do is list it at cost at the TFW sales forum. Honest truth of that little place is that it's very active as far as fan marketplaces go.

List it here too in our BST forums, but the TFW one is the most active sales forum in all the fandom.

Re: eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm
by DevastaTTor
Or list it as for sale in your sig like I do. It seems to get a ton of exposure and I don't have to constantly remember to bump it up daily or weekly.

Re: eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:22 pm
by zodconvoy
All right so last night I relisted it with all the mentions of it as anything other than a cannon taken out and the same stock photo of it in cannon mode as everyone else. I got pulled again with the notice that I "must include an actual image of the item, not a stock photo."
WTF?! I'm using the same picture that's already in use by other sellers and I'm punished for it? Plus their still charging me listing fees when they cancel it! I had to take a photo of the complete item, out of the box, with the plug, and nothing remotely gun-like.

So I made it funny:
Image

Re: eBay Won't Let Me Sell the MP-05 Upgrade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:10 pm
by Convotron
Hehe, nice!