Page 4 of 5

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:33 pm
by ShGarland_1383
Supreme Convoy wrote:How is Dirge controversial?

It's because the Dirge and Thrust figures made from what was initially the Classics Starscream mold were meant to be BotCon '07 exclusive. The controversy was over the fact that TakaraTomy released them in the Henkei line. Those figures were further retooled (so that they're different from the BotCon '07 figures), however, and the Generations figures are repaints of what was released in the Henkei line. Edit: to give an example of what I mean, BotCon Dirge was a straight repaint of Classics Ramjet, where as the mold used for Henkei and Gen was given different wings. Nearer to G1 Dirge than what Ramjet's wings would have allowed for.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 pm
by Dagon
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:How is Dirge controversial?

It's because the Dirge and Thrust figures made from what was initially the Classics Starscream mold were meant to be BotCon '07 exclusive. The controversy was over the fact that TakaraTomy released them in the Henkei line. Those figures were further retooled (so that they're different from the BotCon '07 figures), however, and the Generations figures are repaints of what was released in the Henkei line. Edit: to give an example of what I mean, BotCon Dirge was a straight repaint of Classics Ramjet, where as the mold used for Henkei and Gen was given different wings. Nearer to G1 Dirge than what Ramjet's wings would have allowed for.


Yeah, but this Henkei/Generations Dirge is wicked better with the redone wings.
I own Botcon Dirge, so I'm not antagonizing or anything, ok, but I cannot wait of Generations Thrust and Dirge. Own BC Thrust too, but I'm a Seeker fanatic, so they could release Seekers in a million different lines and I'd still buy them.
Wheeee Generations, I cannot wait.

Also, if I had to guess, I'd think the 'controversial' part is kind of like "Still?" in reference to Botcon Dirge. Like, if you 'still' think this is a big deal....I don't know, that's how I read it. Some people are still upset about it, but I don't know.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 pm
by ShGarland_1383
Dagon wrote:Also, if I had to guess, I'd think the 'controversial' part is kind of like "Still?" in reference to Botcon Dirge. Like, if you 'still' think this is a big deal....I don't know, that's how I read it. Some people are still upset about it, but I don't know.

It's been long enough since the Henkei figures that I don't think it's a big deal anymore. I just figured he was asking why Dirge was controversial, and I was just explaining what I believe it was.

Dagon wrote:Yeah, but this Henkei/Generations Dirge is wicked better with the redone wings.
I own Botcon Dirge, so I'm not antagonizing or anything, ok, but I cannot wait of Generations Thrust and Dirge. Own BC Thrust too, but I'm a Seeker fanatic, so they could release Seekers in a million different lines and I'd still buy them.
Wheeee Generations, I cannot wait.

I missed out on the BotCon figures (and I'm willing to bet I'm not gonna be able to afford buying from eBay), so Henkei and Gen are the options I have for these guys. I'm going Gen because I like the deco better than for Henkei, and I won't have to pay shipping because I'll be able to grab them from Wal-Mart or Target when I see them on pegs.

Really looking forward to Generations as well. Jury's still out on Megatron, Soundwave and Darkmount for me, but most others I know about are gonna get bought.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:20 pm
by Dagon
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Dagon wrote:Also, if I had to guess, I'd think the 'controversial' part is kind of like "Still?" in reference to Botcon Dirge. Like, if you 'still' think this is a big deal....I don't know, that's how I read it. Some people are still upset about it, but I don't know.

It's been long enough since the Henkei figures that I don't think it's a big deal anymore. I just figured he was asking why Dirge was controversial, and I was just explaining what I believe it was.



I completely understand. I was doing the same. I was trying to say that some people are still stuck on the Botcon Seeker 'issue' but I don;t think it's a big deal anymore either, even though I own a Botcon set. Sorry if I was unclear or anything. I think you and I are saying the same thing, to be honest.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:55 pm
by ShGarland_1383
Dagon wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Dagon wrote:Also, if I had to guess, I'd think the 'controversial' part is kind of like "Still?" in reference to Botcon Dirge. Like, if you 'still' think this is a big deal....I don't know, that's how I read it. Some people are still upset about it, but I don't know.

It's been long enough since the Henkei figures that I don't think it's a big deal anymore. I just figured he was asking why Dirge was controversial, and I was just explaining what I believe it was.



I completely understand. I was doing the same. I was trying to say that some people are still stuck on the Botcon Seeker 'issue' but I don;t think it's a big deal anymore either, even though I own a Botcon set. Sorry if I was unclear or anything. I think you and I are saying the same thing, to be honest.

Seems like that's been happening to me a whole bunch lately.
:oops:

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 pm
by SwerveGears
Has it occured to anybody that Generations Blurr might be repainted into Deadlock? Think about it.

*Weapons-Before he was the sword-slashing Drift, he was the vicious gunslinging Deadlock.

*Head-From what I can tell, pretty accurate.

*Alt Mode-Same? Deadlock is Decepticon Drift.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 pm
by gema
I was thinking the same thing! but they would used the same drift, silight repaint for it to be evil then just give him blur's guns :D

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm
by jgilkinson
I am a huge fan of the comics as of late so that Blurr is PERFECT... took a mold I thought was just ok and turned it into something really nice. Looks like my bank account will be taking a huge hit in the next few months

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm
by ShGarland_1383
jgilkinson wrote:I am a huge fan of the comics as of late so that Blurr is PERFECT... took a mold I thought was just ok and turned it into something really nice. Looks like my bank account will be taking a huge hit in the next few months

I'm not too keen on the head mold, but I'm gonna pick him up anyway, just to have an updated Blurr. I kind of wish I picked up Animated Blurr or Jazz, though, so I could have a 3rd member of the Elite Guard.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 pm
by Vega
Thrust and Dirge are guaranteed purchases, as is Jazz. Scourge and Skullgrin are both probables, Perceptor is a wait-and-see, and the rest aren't that appealing. I like this. A few that I like scattered through the line, but not so many that I'll have to shell out a small fortune.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 am
by kirbenvost
SwerveGears wrote:Has it occured to anybody that Generations Blurr might be repainted into Deadlock? Think about it.

*Weapons-Before he was the sword-slashing Drift, he was the vicious gunslinging Deadlock.

*Head-From what I can tell, pretty accurate.

*Alt Mode-Same? Deadlock is Decepticon Drift.


If they decide to do it, they would use the original Drift head, since Deadlock is just Drift in black.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:11 pm
by ShGarland_1383
Vega wrote: Thrust and Dirge are guaranteed purchases, as is Jazz. Scourge and Skullgrin are both probables, Perceptor is a wait-and-see, and the rest aren't that appealing. I like this. A few that I like scattered through the line, but not so many that I'll have to shell out a small fortune.

What's this about Jazz and Perceptor? I've mentioned both characters lately, but haven't heard anything about new releases...

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
by JelZe GoldRabbit
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Vega wrote: Thrust and Dirge are guaranteed purchases, as is Jazz. Scourge and Skullgrin are both probables, Perceptor is a wait-and-see, and the rest aren't that appealing. I like this. A few that I like scattered through the line, but not so many that I'll have to shell out a small fortune.

What's this about Jazz and Perceptor? I've mentioned both characters lately, but haven't heard anything about new releases...


Just for you, the list of announced toys from the BotCon Panels:

Marketing Review (aka toy) Panel
HUNT FOR THE DECEPTICONS

Legends Class
--------------
Cyberfire Bumblebee
Optimus Prime
Ravage
Rampage
Sandstorm (Beachcomber redeco)
Tracker Hound
Long Haul (new mold)
Dust Storm
Override (blue Sideways)

Scout Class
Hubcap (should've been Big Daddy)
Brimstone
Crankstart
Backfire
Insecticon (new mold, ROTF)
Breacher (new mold)
Firetrap (Scattorshot repaint)
Sunspot (Skystalker repaint)

Deluxe Class
--------------
Bumblebee
Jetblade
Sea Attack Ravage
Ironhide
Sidearm Sideswipe
Hailstorm (new mold, shoots 8 missiles, looks awesome ... went in depth about toy's design)
Elita-1 (repaint)
Tomahawk (new mold, attack apache helicopter, looks really cool, projectile missiles)
Terradive (new mold, alluded to repaint with new head later down the road)
Electrostatic Jolt
Rescue Ratchet


Voyager Class
--------------
Sea Spray
Ratchet
Payload
Battle Blades Optimus Prime (voyager, has matrix)
Banzai-Tron
Highbrow (looks awesome - twin boom fighter, has mask that goes up and down like flight goggles)

Leader Class
--------------
Starscream (finally)
Optimus Prime (battle damage deco in robot mode, has battle hooks)


Other
--------------
Battle Ops Bumblebee (lots of cool features and easter eggs)
Human Alliance Jazz & Captain Lennox
Human Alliance Mikaela & Sideswipe (black Sideswipe, new Mikeala mold w/ pony tail)



TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS

Deluxe Class
--------------
WFC Cybertronian Bumblebee
WFC Cybertronian Optimus Prime
WFC Cybertronian Megatron
WFC Cybertronian Soundwave
Thrust
Drift
Dirge (Henkei mold)
Darkmount (Straxus)
Red Alert
Blurr (Drift repaint, new head, IDW head)


POWER CORE COMBINERS

2 Packs
--------------
Huffer w/ Cali-Burst
Smolder w/ Chopster
Seachlight w/ Backwind
Icepick w/ Chainclaw (Icepick is a snow groomer?)
Leadfoot w/ Pinpoint (Mirage-esque design)
Windburn w/ Darkray (repaint)
Darkstream w/ Razorbeam (repaint)
Steelshot w/ Pinpoint (repaint)
(NOTE: I think the last 3 repaints from the main figure from the 5 packs)

5 Packs
--------------
Bombshock (Combaticons)
Skyburst (Aerialbots)
Doubleclutch (Rallybots)
Mudslinger (Destructicons)
Stakeout (Protectobots - uses Smolder as main guy)
Crankcase (Destrons - previously known as the Stunticons in Wal-Mart's computers)




Designers Panel
GENERATIONS
-----------------------------------
G1 Legends Optimus Prime
G1 Legends Starscream
G1 Legends Prowl
G1 Legends Megatron (Walther P-38, can be held by Masterpiece Starscream)
NOTE: THESE ARE NOT SMALLEST TFS ... NEW MOLDS! LEGENDS CLASS! PURE LOVE!

Scout Windercharger (looks like it has a rubsign)

Deluxe Skullgrin (Darkmount repaint / remold)
Deluxe G1 Scourge
Deluxe WFC Cliffjumper
Deluxe Thunderwing (front does detach as a drone)
Deluxe Tracks (can do the winged car mode)
Deluxe Jazz (looks like a Porsche or something similar, has speakers on inside of door that pop out in vehicle or robot mode, designed alternate head unknown)
Deluxe Perceptor (sniper rifle, truck, alternate head might be Reflector)

Voyager Grapple (inferno repaint w/ crane and alternate head, and new feet)

(in Q&A it was hinted that there might be a new Kup figure)


HUNT FOR THE DECEPTICONS
-----------------------------------
Deluxe Terradive
Deluxe Tomahawk
Deluxe Mindset (repaint w/ alternate head)
Deluxe Fallback (Outback reference)

Voyager Fallen (darker colors than what I pictured)
Voyager Highbrow
Voyager Lugnut (looks awesome, more realistic expression, similar paint scheme to TFA version)


POWER CORE COMBINERS
-----------------------------------
Heavytread (tank) w/ Mini-Con Groundspike
Skyhammer (jet) w/ Mini-Con Airlift
Steamhammer / Constructicons
Grimstone / Dinobots

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:36 pm
by It Is Him
Vega wrote: Thrust and Dirge are guaranteed purchases, as is Jazz. Scourge and Skullgrin are both probables, Perceptor is a wait-and-see, and the rest aren't that appealing. I like this. A few that I like scattered through the line, but not so many that I'll have to shell out a small fortune.


There is nothing wait-and-see about Perceptor. He looked awesome at Botcon. I think everyone will be pretty happy with him, even at Deluxe size.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 pm
by ShGarland_1383
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Just for you, the list of announced toys from the BotCon Panels

I see. I hadn't read through that list thoroughly enough to notice them, before. (Edit: I'd forgotten about EA Jazz, and hadn't noticed the new molds of Jazz and Perceptor in the list.) My fault, that.
:oops:

Thanks for the info!

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:29 pm
by Autobot032
It Is Him wrote:
Vega wrote: Thrust and Dirge are guaranteed purchases, as is Jazz. Scourge and Skullgrin are both probables, Perceptor is a wait-and-see, and the rest aren't that appealing. I like this. A few that I like scattered through the line, but not so many that I'll have to shell out a small fortune.


There is nothing wait-and-see about Perceptor. He looked awesome at Botcon. I think everyone will be pretty happy with him, even at Deluxe size.


I know he has a truck alt mode like in Animated, but does he look G1 enough to fit into a Neo-G1 collection? Or would we be better off with the G1 reissue?

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:47 pm
by It Is Him
Autobot032 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Vega wrote: Thrust and Dirge are guaranteed purchases, as is Jazz. Scourge and Skullgrin are both probables, Perceptor is a wait-and-see, and the rest aren't that appealing. I like this. A few that I like scattered through the line, but not so many that I'll have to shell out a small fortune.


There is nothing wait-and-see about Perceptor. He looked awesome at Botcon. I think everyone will be pretty happy with him, even at Deluxe size.


I know he has a truck alt mode like in Animated, but does he look G1 enough to fit into a Neo-G1 collection? Or would we be better off with the G1 reissue?


Last Stand of the Wreckers Perceptor with shoulder-mounted sniper rifle. Throw that reissue out the window, son!

Image

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:41 pm
by zenosaurus_x
Thanks JelZe, I missed the Voyager movie Lugnut, it sounds awesome.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:29 am
by Jazz-1982
I feel so strongly about this that I have posted this in another Energon Pub discussion as well.

Having seen the final product from Hasbro with the changed paint apps I've decided to pass on this guy. I liked the look of the pictures from Botcon but you can't just give any old Transformers car robot a slightly similar paint scheme to G1 Blurr and say it's Blurr.

I'll wait for the Takara Tomy version which if true to form, will be more G1 accurate and might, just might have a re-molded head so blue drift actually bares some resemblance to the character he is supposed to have been re-painted into.

The generations line looks awesome, especially for US fans who missed out on some of the exclusives & Red Alert but I just hope Hasbro do a better job with Jazz, Tracks, Grapple and Scourge.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:38 am
by IceWilly
While I agree chances are high the Henkei Blurr might have somewhat different and more G1 accurate paint... maybe you are unaware that the head for Blurr is a new head sculpt and not repainted. Also he has a sniper rifle instead of the swords that drift has.

This will be hasbro/tak's Blurr for a long while. So if these aren't changes enough for you, prepare to wait for quite some time. For 95% of other collectors who won't kitbash a Blurr, this is a really good offering.

Also, there has yet to be a car style transformer that doesn't have wheels in the recent classics style offerings. Even Cybertron optimus whose rear end looked to not have wheels, did in fact have them tucked inside. Yes an accurate blurr would technically just hover... but since thats impossible to do in a toy, I would imagine whatever version you might someday get will have wheels. If thats the case, I'll take a well painted Drift mold with a new and gun anyday.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am
by Overcracker
Jazz-1982 wrote:I feel so strongly about this that I have posted this in another Energon Pub discussion as well.

Having seen the final product from Hasbro with the changed paint apps I've decided to pass on this guy. I liked the look of the pictures from Botcon but you can't just give any old Transformers car robot a slightly similar paint scheme to G1 Blurr and say it's Blurr.

I'll wait for the Takara Tomy version which if true to form, will be more G1 accurate and might, just might have a re-molded head so blue drift actually bares some resemblance to the character he is supposed to have been re-painted into.

The generations line looks awesome, especially for US fans who missed out on some of the exclusives & Red Alert but I just hope Hasbro do a better job with Jazz, Tracks, Grapple and Scourge.



Talk about a Necro thread. Anyway, the Blurr repaint of Drift does have a new head that looks a lot like Blurr. Don't think Takara is going to do anything more than that except maybe some shiny paint which they seem to be fond of these days.

Ohh and Blurr Gets a Gun instead of a Sword.

Image

Image

Image

The Car mode is also slightly retooled: No spoiler.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 pm
by Blurrz
It's IDW Blurr, not G1 Blurr. And as the biggest Blurr fan, it suits me just fine.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 pm
by Dead Metal
There are no changed paint apps on Generations Blurr, the promo picks just look much lighter than the pics here.

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 pm
by zenosaurus_x
Overcracker wrote:

Talk about a Necro thread.

Sorry, that was my fault...

Re: Images of New Generations figures from Botcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm
by It Is Him
zenosaurus_x wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

Talk about a Necro thread.

Sorry, that was my fault...


Whatevs. This thread deserved a bump, what with Blurr right around the corner. September can't come soon enough. These pics have me salivating.